Some good clean fun?!

Hey ladies :hi

I'm baaaaaack!!! Safe and sound :D I had a great weekend and so did not want to come back and go to work this morning :( Went shopping on friday and bought a new pair of sneakers (the dr scholl version of the shap ups) on sale for $30 from $70!!!! :yay Before we went out I started the belle scarf with homespun and after we got back I finished it and wore it out to dinner :clap I didn't take a pic yet, but when I do, I'll share :lol Saturday ordered pizza for lunch and then out to celebrate st pattys day :yay

I didn't get a chance to stop in yesterday when I got back nor this morning before work since I was running late. I think as Beth is starting to feel better, her cold is heading my way :( I woke up with this cough that's been getting worse all day. I drank ALOT of tea at work but am going to have more now.

Joanne - :yay for getting your iphone (and the cleaning done). Glad you had fun with dd's for the bday celebration :yes We drove past an office for sale on the southside, but it's a no go for me :think No parking and there seems to be alot of chiros around there :shrug

Stacy - How's the ami swap project coming along? and :yay on the paper :D

LeeAnn - Awesome etsy site :clap I took a peruse, but will look better later :yes Your pics are all presented very well and appealing :yes That ghan is going to be gorgeous!!!

Beth - Feel better soon :hug

Be back later

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Afternoon all!

How is everyone on this sunny Monday?

Joanne-how was work in paradise? Work was good today- not to busy, not too slow- just right- (which hardly ever happens so it was wonderful) the ghan that I am making is similar to a ripple pattern. It is actually a wrap pattern but I love it so much that I thought it would make a perfect ghan. I am enclosing a pic for you to take a looksie. I love love love the pattern from Pound of Love, I have made about 10 ghans with that pattern, works up super fast. It is working up fast. It is similar to the 9patch and the one I'm doing for DD which was also based on the 9 patch from LionBrand (at least the stitch) so it's very easy, mindless crocheting :hook

I love the ghan you are making- and my colors too- Rutgers- Red, Black and White!!! (and NJ Devils too)

Today I have been Spring Cleaning..:eek:eek washed the blinds and windows in my room and washed the linen, laundry and tidied up..whew! I feel tired, but glad that I can cross that off my list.That's great! Spring is in the air- supposed to hit 70 degrees by the end of the week here!:clap

the kiddos are both sick. :(Sorry to hear they aren't feeling well.They went to school, but Celine has a headache and Cristopher has a runny nose, sore throat and congestion. I put them both to bed, one with hot tea the other with iced water. Hope they feel better soon.Me too:hug

!

Hey ladies :hi

I'm baaaaaack!!! Safe and sound :D I had a great weekend and so did not want to come back and go to work this morning :( Went shopping on friday and bought a new pair of sneakers (the dr scholl version of the shap ups) on sale for $30 from $70!!!! :yay Before we went out I started the belle scarf with homespun and after we got back I finished it and wore it out to dinner :clap I didn't take a pic yet, but when I do, I'll share :lol Saturday ordered pizza for lunch and then out to celebrate st pattys day :yaySounds like you had a great weekend with your sis and Mary!

I didn't get a chance to stop in yesterday when I got back nor this morning before work since I was running late. I think as Beth is starting to feel better, her cold is heading my way :( I woke up with this cough that's been getting worse all day. I drank ALOT of tea at work but am going to have more now. Looks like it's headed to Colorado too to LeeAnn's kiddos. Feel better quick!!!!

Joanne - :yay for getting your iphone (and the cleaning done). Glad you had fun with dd's for the bday celebration :yes We drove past an office for sale on the southside, but it's a no go for me :think No parking and there seems to be alot of chiros around there :shrugThe no parking would do it for me-wonder why there are so many chiros in that neck of the woods? We did have a great time celebrating my DD's birthday- it was a nice girls' night out! And I do like my new toy- and the house is nice and clean.

Thinking about everyone else and hoping you all had a good day!

:hug

LeeAnn, that is just gorgeous! I love those colors together, and the pattern is lovely.

I'm sorry I'm so terribly contagious that it's spreading across the country. Is this a computer virus, then??? The hot tea sounds very appealing. I hope everyone gets well soon, or stays well.

No energy to share news... Talk to you all tomorrow.

Marisa, welcome home! I'm glad you had a good trip. Maybe you'll find a better office space soon.

LeeAnn, congrats on the spring cleaning. Too bad it doesn't make spring come any faster. Of course, the pollen count here is already very high, which is part of my problem. :sick

Joanne, you survived another Monday in Paradise. I hope today is good for you, too.

Stacy, how are you little ones? Is everyone well? Did you get to sleep last night?

Mary, are you getting enough things for your next sale?

Colleen, any projects catch your attention lately?

Elizabeth, I hope you are doing OK. Soon you will have your baby in your arms!

LeaAnne, I saw an article in the paper about weddings for under $2000 and thought of you -- how useful it would be to know how to arrange flowers before something like that!

Sarah, how are you and your little tree climber? Are you getting the second needlepoint picture done?

I am up to the edging on the giant granny. I will be working on it until it's done, then I'll go back to the shawl.

Good morning!

Had a nice, relaxing evening- and a good night's sleep so I'm raring to go for another day in Paradise.

Hope all those who are "under the weather" start feeling better soon. Can't wait to see the finished granny Beth!

See you all after work! Make it a good day!

:coffee Good morning friends! I haven't been on here for days and days! So busy! We are on March Break here. I took the week off of babysitting, which is nice. Our nephews were visiting for the last 3 days, so that kept us busy. Otherwise all is well. I made myself a really nice hat last week. That's about it!

:hi to you all. I've been thinking about you! :hug:hug:hug

Morning!

Beth-your giant ghan is beauuuuutiful! I just simply love the colors! Great work! Awesomeness! I hope you feel much better today. Allergy season is hitting ds hard, me too! my eyes and throat are itching but I am holding out on the meds. They make me drowsy and tired.

Joanne-Happy Tuesday to ya!

Marisa-so happy that you made it back! Missed you! Glad that you had a great trip. And you even made a scarf, you are awesome!

Colleen-thank you for stopping in! How fun to be off for break. I was thinking that my kiddos were off next week, but I am off a week..it's not till the end of March. :blush

must get the kiddos off to school. Ds is still congested but they both have standardized testing so must try not to be absent. Dd is feeling slightly better, will pack her a water bottle. I think she doesn't drink enough water and in turn is dehydrated which causes her to get a headache.

BBL! Hugs n squishes!

Good morning ladies :hi

I got a bit of a late start this morning and am getting ready to head out to work. I went upstairs last night just after 8 and watched a show, then finished my book and went to sleep around 10. My alarm went off at 7:45 to get up and work out.....but guess what! I turned it off and went back to sleep and although I feel guilty that I didn't work out, I do feel better that I slept longer :lol I'm going to stop at wawa on my way to pick up a bfast sandwich and some soup for lunch later :think My other doc is covering a different office today as is the 2nd receptionist so I think it will be back to just me and Mary today :eek It'll be crazy for sure :lol

Joanne - Glad you slept well :hug

Beth - your giant granny is gorgeous :manyheart

Colleen - March break sounds wonderful :yes

LeeAnn - I hope the kids do well with their testing and you're right about the water :yes

Gotta run, still have to print my march madness brackets!

Back from Paradise- and it was another good day.

Marisa- We are doing the March Madness brackets at work and we are not starting till Thursday's games-I've got my teams selected!!! Who did you pick to go all the way? I picked Ohio State. Hope your day wasn't too crazy

Colleen- When you get a chance, what hat did you make? Have you worn your shrug? DD liked hers and Yes, it fit!!!! Yippee!!!

Beth- I love the colors in your giant granny!!! Great job- I really do like making them- such easy mindless crochet!!

LeeAnn- Glad to hear that DS is feeling somewhat better- and oh, how I hated Standardized testing!!! Water is a good idea- I was feeling a little sluggish the other day and realized I hadn't been drinking much water- I usually drink alot- especially at work- that and coffee!!!

Off to get dinner.

Hugs to everyone!!! Thinking of you Stacy, Sarah , Mary, LeaAnne and Elizabeth!

Wow....where is everyone?! The house has been empty all day :think

Joanne - glad you had a good day at work, I did as well :yes I didn't fill in my brackets yet and don't know which way I'm going yet :think I have to hand it in by 11 am on thursday :yes

Work wasn't bad today, but it was quite busy and without help it kinda wore me out a bit. I'm coughing like a 50 year old smoker :lol Otherwise, don't really feel bad. Will head to bed early again and this time with 2 shots of rock-n-rye :yes

LeeAnn

A bracket is where you pick which teams are going to win their respective games and move on in "March madness" It finally gets down to the Sweet Sixteen (teams), Elite Eight, Final Four and then the championship.

You can find a sample bracket herehttp://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/bracket

Night all!!

Good morning!

It's a dark, rainy morning to start the day- but I guess it's better for me if it rains during the week then on the weekend!

I was up early this morning- so I crocheted 2 rounds of border on the babyghan and now I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee and getting ready to head in early- I'm so wide awake and I do have lots to get done in Paradise today- so I may as well head in- and get to it!

Hope you all have a Good Hump Day!:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, I barely slept at all last night :eek I'm waiting fo rmy water to heat up for some tea and then will go get ready for work

Sorry about the bracket confusion, but Joanne answered well.....and I'll just add that it's for the college basketball finals just in case you also weren't sure about march madness :think

I hope you all have a great day and I'll see y'all later :hug

Good Evenin all!

thought I had posted this morning...but nope, I must be losing my mind.:lol

Joanne-thank you for the info regarding the brackets, sounds interesting. I don't know enough about any teams in particular to pick, but if I were a fan, that would definately be something to look forward to.

Marisa-do you feel better today?

Colleen-thank you for stopping in, always happy to read your post. Did you get to relax?

I cleaned for a better part of the morning, bathrooms, swept and mopped, then I met Kathi and we walked 3 hugs laps around the park, then I took my Great Aunt for a walk around her block. I feel so much better! I miss walking, it does good for my soul. Now that it is warming up, I will be back to walking. I had been riding me exercise bike 3-4 miles three times a week, but that just doesn't cut it.

going to sit and :hooksince the kiddos do not have homework and dh is cooking-hamburgers and chips-not exactly healthy, but it will do.

hugs n squishes!

Good evening ladies :hi

I'm home from work and I survived the day :clap Well, started to feel even worse as the day went on and broke a fever so took some ibuprofen this afternoon which helped pull it down and started having me sweat it out. I'll take more before I head to bed :think Hopefully I feel better in the morning otherwise, I'll call out then. I really wasn't bad this morning though to call out, just tired from not resting well :shrug Stopped at the wawa on my way home and got some soup/stew :lol

Colleen - That's a really cute hat :manyheart What color did you use? Did you get your cleaning done today?

LeeAnn - :yay for your walk, and I agree with you about the bike :yes As for the burgers, as long as dh is cooking....does it matter what it is :lol

BBL

Wow....where is everyone?! The house has been empty all day :think

Joanne - glad you had a good day at work, I did as well :yes I didn't fill in my brackets yet and don't know which way I'm going yet :think I have to hand it in by 11 am on thursday :yes

Work wasn't bad today, but it was quite busy and without help it kinda wore me out a bit. I'm coughing like a 50 year old smoker :lol Otherwise, don't really feel bad. Will head to bed early again and this time with 2 shots of rock-n-rye :yes

I am laughing so hard right now! When I read Rock n Rye, I thought, "Why in the world would she go to bed with 2 shots of soda?" In MI, we had Faygo soda and one of their flavors was rock and rye. :rofl:oops But I Googled it, and now I'm set straight. :lol I hope it helped!

Colleen, :yay for March break and taking the week off from babysitting! Hope you and dd are enjoying yourselves. That hat is too cute. My middle dd would love it- was it difficult? Maybe I could try to make it a bit smaller for her. :think

Beth, your granny'ghan is beautiful!! I love the colors. Great work!

Joanne, I hope paradise was good to you today. :hug

Leeann, I hope the kiddos are feeling better. Isabella has been getting headaches lately, too. I had attributed it to hormones, but now I'm wondering if she drinks enough water also. :think They play outdoors everyday at school, and it is starting to warm up here.

Sarah, Mary, LeaAnne, Elizabeth- happy hump day! I hope all is well. :hug:hug:hug

Yesterday morning I got a call from Eva's school, that she was coughing and feverish and I needed to pick her up. I've been telling them it's allergies, but the teacher insisted that she was sick because she was coughing. So I picked her up, took her to the dr, and just as I suspected- it's allergies. :rolleyes I gave her a dose of Zyrtec last night before bed, and she is like a new child this morning. When I took her to school today, the teacher asked me, "Was that something you expected?" :thair:bang:tryme Anyway, so dr. orders are to give her Zyrtec for 2 weeks before bedtime, and it should reduce her coughing. :xfin

Midterms are coming up, so I will be busy, busy this week and next, getting ready for them. So if I don't show up for a few days, that's why. :yes Anyway, I have to go figure out dinner and all of that fun stuff. Love and hugs all around! :hug:hug:hug:hug

I am laughing so hard right now! When I read Rock n Rye, I thought, "Why in the world would she go to bed with 2 shots of soda?" In MI, we had Faygo soda and one of their flavors was rock and rye. :rofl:oops But I Googled it, and now I'm set straight. :lol I hope it helped!

:lol That sure would be hysterical....sorry for the confusion. It's the whisky with fruit in the bottle, it's VERY sweet and horrible, but usually helps me out :yes I should've taken it monday nigh though so I was a day late :think

Colleen, :yay for March break and taking the week off from babysitting! Hope you and dd are enjoying yourselves. That hat is too cute. My middle dd would love it- was it difficult? Maybe I could try to make it a bit smaller for her. :think

Beth, your granny'ghan is beautiful!! I love the colors. Great work!

Joanne, I hope paradise was good to you today. :hug

Leeann, I hope the kiddos are feeling better. Isabella has been getting headaches lately, too. I had attributed it to hormones, but now I'm wondering if she drinks enough water also. :think They play outdoors everyday at school, and it is starting to warm up here.

Sarah, Mary, LeaAnne, Elizabeth- happy hump day! I hope all is well. :hug:hug:hug

Yesterday morning I got a call from Eva's school, that she was coughing and feverish and I needed to pick her up. I've been telling them it's allergies, but the teacher insisted that she was sick because she was coughing. So I picked her up, took her to the dr, and just as I suspected- it's allergies. :rolleyes I gave her a dose of Zyrtec last night before bed, and she is like a new child this morning. When I took her to school today, the teacher asked me, "Was that something you expected?" :thair:bang:tryme Anyway, so dr. orders are to give her Zyrtec for 2 weeks before bedtime, and it should reduce her coughing. :xfin

Midterms are coming up, so I will be busy, busy this week and next, getting ready for them. So if I don't show up for a few days, that's why. :yes Anyway, I have to go figure out dinner and all of that fun stuff. Love and hugs all around! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Sorry about the mess with Eva and the school....don't you know that teachers know everything nowadays and are allowed to diagnose kids :think:shrug OK, I'm being a bit sarcastic :lol I'm glad you were able to go back and tell her that you were right and she was wrong

Good evening all,

I got home and I as tired! Getting up at 4AM will do that to you!! So I took a 45 minute catnap- and feel better- and hopefully it won't mean I can't fall asleep when I'm headed to bed later!

Colleen- thanks for the link to the hat- I like it a lot and added to my favs on LB's site!! Glad you are enjoying your March week off!!

LeeAnn- We are supposed to get to the 70's Friday- I can't wait- of course it's too early in the season for it to last, but at least it'll be a nice tease of weather to come. I also want to start getting back to walking---and to the gym!!!

Stacy- It's crazy that you had to take her to the Dr cause the school thought she was sick- What ever happened to Mother knows best? (that's my sarcasm there) Good luck with your mid-terms!!! I know you'll do fine!!!! Did you finish your ami that you were making for the ami swap?

Beth- March Madness is all about filling out the brackets and seeing how well you do ( I read an article about how much time is lost at work (by people checking scores/their brackets, etc) during the 3 wks of March Madness!! It makes it fun filling out a bracket and seeing how well you do---and a lot of it is guesses!

Marisa- I think a "sick" day at work might be in order----rest up, take some more rock and rye and hope you get a good nights sleep!! There were a couple of my co-workers who called out today (and these are people that hardly ever call out) so guess it's the time of the year ---

See you all in the morning

I'm back!

Marisa, so sorry that you are feeling worse!! That crud is just going around and sticking everywhere this year. I think it's from the crazy weather everyone has had. :think Maybe a day of rest is just what your body needs to recover. :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Joanne, your March Madness brackets sound fun. I don't know much about sports (as if you all didn't know that :lol) but I'm sure it's neat to pick the teams, and find out if your guesses were right. :yes

We went to 3 different stores tonight to find something for Isabella to wear tomorrow. They are required to wear their uniforms, but they can "accent" with a fun pin or hair clippie or whatever. That girl is so picky though...and she won't wear any hair accessories or earrings, so I had no idea what she even wanted. :think I talked her into wearing the necklace SIL gave her when we were in El Centro. (It's a shamrock.) She was kinda-sorta okay with it, but then when we came home, I found a couple shamrock patterns and asked if she'd like one. She perked up immediately, so I am making one, then putting a pin through it so she can stick it on her shirt. :whew Crisis averted. :lol

Good night, besties! :ghug

Archived