Some good clean fun?!

So I was reading along last night, only 20 pages or so left in Jane Eyre, and the battery in my e-reader ran out. :bang I had to plug it into the computer to recharge it. You can keep reading while it is plugged in, but I like to curl up on the couch and read so I finished it this morning. I must say, though, that is the first time I've had to recharge it and I got it for Christmas. I'm keeping a list of the books I've read this year (well, the novels, I read a lot of cookbooks and non-fiction that I don't keep track of...and of course I don't track the books I read to DD :lol).

While my e-reader was charging I was on-line here poking around and got to chat with Shannon :clap She says :hi I asked her to stop by sometime and see us. Hopefully she will. :xfin All is well with her.

Joanne - Yes, congrats to you on your 10 lbs too! Feels great doesn't it?

Stacy - I hope you slept better last night. Can't wait to see your minion. Your prof sounds fun. It makes a big difference. How is Mia feeling?

Marisa - Enjoy your knitting and just go with it. As you say, you can always wear it around the house.

LeeAnn - WTG on getting your tax licence. So I guess you are officially open for business!

DD and I are planning to go swimming today. Otherwise I just need to vacuum the basement and clean the downstairs bathroom. I think we are going out for dinner tonight, so I'm not going to cook :D

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :coffee

Sitting here having my coffee with you working up to my workout :lol Getting started is the hard part :think but I always feel soo good after :yes I slept much better last night than the night before :D

Joanne - Have a good day in paradise!

Colleen - What a bummer that your ereader needed a charging, but great that it's the first time since christmas that it needed it :clap I seem to charge mine weekly :think Have fun swimming and do a lap for me :wink

Howdy!!!

Feels like I have been gone for a looong time. Must catch up with all of you.

Joanne-can I just say, you are such an inspiration to me! I love your kind heart and gentle words. I look forward to hearing about your day and what you are up to. I am so happy for you that you have met your ww goal. I know I have said it before, but well done! Well done my friend!

Sarah-you are whizzing thru your embroidery project, can't wait to see it!

Stacy-you are always so busy. I bet the minion is just the cutest thing ever! They remind me of Tweenkies. :devil

Marisa-I had a littl giggle to myself, I always have to mentally prepare myself for a workout too. :lol I hope that you have a fantastic day!

Beth-you had a busy Wednesday, hopefully everyone will feel better today mood wise. Dh said that he thought people in the public were grumpy yesterday. I think it's stress-too much to do and not enough energy and time. What do you think?

Elizabeth-I bet you are getting excited as the days pass.:hug Are you having a scheduled c-section? I had c-section's with both of my kiddos. Second time around was much more painful and recovery time was lengthly.

Mary-do you crochet summer items for your summer shows?

Colleen-that is awesome that you are reading classics. I finished reading all of the books that my sister gave me, time to make a trip to the library to exchange them. I really enjoy reading a series, any suggestions?

Yesterday was so much fun! The kiddos and dh went with me to Pueblo. It was Early Release for the kiddos-we let them ditch. shhh...don't tell anyone. :devil Dd bought fabric and shoes-two new pairs, all by herself, she has been saving her money. Ds bought a new game for his Nintendo DS and I bought yarn for my nephews ghan. I was going to make a flannelghan but have changed my mind. They are beautiful but hurt my wrists quite a bit. I am going to try a wave, similar to a ripple. Forgot, dh bought tools, what a guy! Other than that, nothing new. Finished tidying up before I allowed myseld the luxury of hopping on the computer. BBL!

hugs n squishes!

Quick stop in before I make BLT's (with turkey bacon) and I need to make them before DH gets home and see's they are not the "real thing" He'll probably notice but by then they'll be cooked!

LeeAnn. Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad that you had a fun day yesterday with the fam- and it seems that you all got things that you like!!! How fun!!! I love the flannel'ghan's too, but working with the 2strands and big hook does bother me sometimes. So I mix it up by working on other things in between working on that. What pattern are you going to use for your nephew's afghan?

Colleen- Sounds like another fun day for you- and that's great that you chatted with Shannon- I wish she would stop in every now and then. I did get a message from her on Ravelry last week- and it was nice! I charge my e-reader about once a week- week and half too- but then again, I start to panic when the little battery indicator is about 1/2 way- that's my fear- getting to a good part in a book and then the battery is dead!

Marisa- How was your day? Paradise was busy - but it always is the week that we have to work the weekend! The time is flying by- but not leaving my brain much energy to do anything that requires pattern reading!

Stacy- How was your day today? Thought of you when I stopped at the Bux on the way home from work today- treated myself to a nice bold coffee to energize me!!!

Beth- How are your sinuses? Hope you are feeling better!!! Hugs!

Well, I'd better get cooking- can't believe it's almost 7:30--where DOES the time go???

Quick post.. I'm in Craft Heaven. My Great Aunt sent me a box of beading stuff that used to belong to my Grandma (on my Mom's side). It's kinda funny cause a corner of the box split so it leaked beads from CA to TX.

Called Great Aunt to let her now it arrived and what had happened. And she said this is the first box. She's still going through the room Grandma stored stuff in (she was a compulsive shopper) So I can expect more boxes over time. :eek According to Great Aunt she's found clothes and other stuff that still had tags on them. :eek

Hey ladies :hi

LeeAnn - I'm glad you had a fun family trip to Pueblo :clap And don't worry, I won't tell :wink

Joanne - Work was kind of sluggish today, yet busy :think Weird :lol

Sarah - :yay for the crafts....and more to come :yay:clap

I spoke with an attorney out in Pitt today and got some useful information for starting up. I learned that with being a doctor there's no need to spend the money to become a corporation since it'll just be me to start. The corporation structure in this situation is not effective to protect my personal assets. So I'm best to just stick to the easy way of a sole proprietorship and later on down the road if I hire any other docs to work there, then I would want to change to a corp to protect my assets against something they might get into trouble for. I was looking at the distant picture right off the bat, but that can easily be changed later without a problem :D

Now I have more research to do, but it's thursday which means the weekend is around the corner. So it'll be a research filled weekend with cleaning and laundry. Tonight will be the couch and crafts :yes

Good morning!

Love the socks, Marisa- even if they are in "Steelers" colors!!!:lol I would love to make a pair in "Giants" blue and red!

Sarah- I'm excited that you are getting craft supplies in the mail from your Great Aunt! That's fun mail for sure. Funny how the beads left a trail from CA to TX. :lol How's the needlepoint coming along?

It's time to get ready for Friday in Paradise- and hopefully only Saturday working- Fingers crossed for Sunday off! (it's looking good so far:xfin)

This project will be over in about 3 weeks and the team that was assembled will be disbanded which makes me a little sad. I'm so glad I was given the opportunity to work with all of them and I'll miss the daily interaction. But change is life- and if we don't adapt to change, then we are not living.

I've had some decisions to make this past week and have made them so I'm looking forward to the next chapter in my working career- returning to my former department in a new role so I'm kind of excited about it. But some things (or people) never change so that will be the challenge.

Off to get ready- hope you ALL have a good day!:hug

Good morning. The coffee is brewing, and all is good with the world.

Joanne, :xfin that you get Sunday off. That would be great -- a 6 day week compared to a 12 day week.

Marisa, I'm not a Steeler's fan, either, but I still love those socks. They turned out great! Congrats on the news about opening your own business.

Sarah, hooray for nice gifts in the mail! And since it was your grandmother's, it means even more, right? I'm glad you are getting some more craft things.

LeeAnn, your trip to Pueblo sounds like so much fun. It sounds like everyone found something right up their alley. Does your dd sew? Why did she buy fabric?

Colleen, how frustrating to be so close to the end of the book, and lose power! I hope you managed to finish it. what's next on the reading agenda? Thanks for sharing the Shannon update. I miss her.

Stacy, I hope your dd is all better now. It is frustrating when kids get sick -- you want to make them feel better, but you can only do so much. I'm glad you like astronomy. There are some reallly good teachers out there, who make the class interesting, then there are the snooze-inducers.

Mary, Any signs of Spring in God's country? My daffodils are in all their glory now -- I promise it's coming your way.

LeaAnne, I hope you are still enjoying your job. It sounds like such a great fit for you. It would be fun to spend the day surrounded by flowers.

Elizabeth, I am thinking of you! Is everything ready for the new member of the family?

Shannon and Vicki, you are missed!

Today is homeschool game day, tutoring, dates for my son,s and kind of a date for my dd, since she's going to be the only kid home with Shrimp Boy. I am very tempted to run to WalMart to look at yarn (and buy some groceries) but I don't NEED any yarn -- just want it.

TGIF!!!!! I feel like morning came way too early today :think

Joanne - So what's your new role going to be? It sounds like your happier about this new role than you were about returning to your old department without the new role :think

Beth - Sounds like a fun packed day for you :lol I hope all goes smoothly for you and I always want to buy more yarn too :devil

Good afternoon!

seems like I am getting on here later and later. Been trying to keep up with housework and then I got sucked into :hook

Sarah-that is soo awesome that you will be receiving wonderful packages of your grandma's goodies. :manyheart:manyheart

Marisa-happy to hear that your bus. is coming together. Do you have an estimated time of when you would like to open?

Joanne-hoping that you do not have to work Sunday and also hoping that your transition to another position goes smoothly.

Stacy-that is fantastic that you are enjoying astronomy so much! Cool!

Colleen-any big plans for the weekend?

The kiddo are going to the in-laws this evening for the weekend. :yes don't know what we will do, I think we are going to clean our vehicles...they are in dire need of a good scrubbing.

back to :hook

TGIF!!!!! I feel like morning came way too early today :think

Joanne - So what's your new role going to be? It sounds like your happier about this new role than you were about returning to your old department without the new role :think

Beth - Sounds like a fun packed day for you :lol I hope all goes smoothly for you and I always want to buy more yarn too :devil

I'm definitely happy about the new role in the old department. I really didn't want to go back to the old position in the old department, that's why I posted for a position in a different department. But when the director wrote up a proposition of what she would have me doing, I really had to weigh the pros and cons of which position to accept. She said she hated to have me leave the dept but wouldn't hold me back. Hopefully, I've made the right decision, but only time will tell on that, and I think in my heart I have. At least I know that I'll be working fairly independently and that is very important to me. I'll be doing reports and we are going to be re-organizing the Case Management dept. I'll still be a supervisor- but only for time sheets and time off requests. I'm going in with a good attitude and hoping for the best!

LeeAnn- No kiddos and you are going to clean your vehicles?:lol Sounds like something I would do!

Beth- Hope your DD enjoy's her time with Shrimp Boy- and I say- go to Walmart and pet the yarn!! You never know what you might find!

To EVERYONE- have a good night- and I'll see you in the AM- and so far so good for no work Sunday:clap:clap:clap

Chinese food is here- time to eat!

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there!

It's FRIDAY!!!! It's been a good day here. Game day went well, and all my kids are very happy hanging out with people I'm glad they like. And I've never heard Shrimp Boy laugh as much as he is tonight. I guess he's having a great time with my dd.

I'm making an angel wing shawl with some yarn a friend gave me (Vanna's glamour in gold.) I am SO happy with it. I needed a break from the giant granny, as it's getting bigger, and takes longer to make it all the way around. I never made it to WalMart -- went grocery shopping at a neighborhood store. I told my dh I want to make him a flannelghan in Redskin colors, and I want him to help me pick the yarn, so the colors are right. I also may need some more of the Glamour yarn. I need to see how big the shawl will be when my yarn is gone.

Joanne, so glad that you have a good attitude about where your job will be taking you. Also, getting Sunday off sounds great!

LeeAnn, I hope you enjoy your time away from the kiddos. You sound like a super mom. I'll bet you'll be missing them. Enjoy the break. Enjoy the squeaky clean cars.

Marisa, I think Morning comes too early just about every day. I am looking forward to sleeping in until 6 a.m. tomorrow.

I really don't have much to say. Have a great evening, and a wonderful weekend!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

:hi everyone! Not much exciting around here. I finished the sweater for DD's doll (which she asked to be short sleeved with no buttons), and when I tried it on the doll for her before sewing in ends she asked for longer sleeves and buttons. :ohdear She'll just have to make do with what I made. I'm out of yarn for the sleeves and I'm not going back to add button holes now. Maybe next time. ....Kids!!! :lol

Joanne - Glad to hear you have something that will suit you in your old department and that you are not going back to the old job. I wish you the best of success in your new job! :xfin for Sunday off. How was the Chinese food? Now that is something I miss being on weightwatchers. Yummy!

LeeAnn - Enjoy your weekend. Your day "off" with the kids sounded like so much fun and I don't blame you for taking them out of school for a day. Family time is important too :yes

Sarah - Enjoy your new craft supplies.

Marisa - I love your socks! They are awesome! Your sister is going to love them! How is your knitting coming along?

Beth - Glad to hear you had a good day. I can tell you enjoy having all the kids around. What fun! That shawl will be beautiful in gold :dreaming

:hi to Elizabeth, Mary, LeaAnne, Vicki, Stacy, Shannon, and anyone I've missed! Welcome to the weekend! :yay

Quick stop in before heading up to sleep!

Beth- Sounds like you had a great day and that shawl pattern is very pretty!! :manyheart It must be awesome in the Vanna glamour yarn! What color glamour are you using?

Colleen- I haven't had Chinese food in so long- so tonight was the night! I'll make up for it for being good the rest of the weekend- the way I look at it- I'm not going to deprive myself of all the things I like- I'm just going to eat them sparingly and in moderation! It WAS very good!!!!:yes

That was too funny about the doll dress- Yup- kids like to change their minds-----alot!!! I finished the shrug tonight for DD- I hope she likes it. I think I messed up on one little part, but the Homespun yarn is very forgiving- and she'll never be able to tell I don't think! I'll try and post pics on Sunday when I'm home during the day (see that is my optimism coming into play- I will be home on Sunday....I will be home on Sunday....I will be home on Sunday!:lol:lol

Night all!

Good morning.

I am stopping by to say :hi before I head out the door. My son left his wallet as his girlfriend's house yesterday, and he needs it to get on base to go to work, so we need to scoot... So much for another pj day!

Talk to you later!

:hug

Hello there ladies :hi

VERY slow in here today :think

My sixers won last night :clap:yay Another home game tomorrow and wednesday and then Mary and I leave for Pitt thursday night so will miss the game on friday (and it's against Boston :( ) Only game all season neither of us will be at.

I really slept in this morning. I woke at 9:30 and then just stayed in bed until almost !! :eek I washed the clothes, cleaned the house, and worked out so now I get to relax for the rest of the evening. I do have to make a run to cvs to drop off a prescription and probably pick up something to eat since I didn't make anything nor did I remember to pull something out the freezer to make :think So now I just don't feel like it and am thinking boston market :think It's been a while for me :eek

LeeAnn - I'm hoping to open in sept, we'll see what happens....my sister called me with the idea of a whole wellness center today :eek:think All I can say is pray for me!!!!! I didn't want to get into anything big, just really want my own little chiro office, but I'll hear her out and see what she's thinking. :sigh It's overwhelming to think that big at this stage of the game.

Joanna - :yay I'm glad that you are content with your next stage at your job :hug

Beth - That shawl will be gorgeous :manyheart and it's great to hear all the kids are having a great time :yes

Colleen - I started my sweater on wednesday and didn't get back to it yet, but hope to tonight :xfin Since I finished the socks on thursday night and then had the game yesterday :sigh Maybe I could find me a millionaire to marry and then I can stay home to read, crochet, and knit :think I wonder if it would get boring :think:lol

:hi all!

I hate to say that Isabella's team was stomped this morning, but- well, they were. :( 10-2. But at least they weren't completely shut out. Then when we got home, we had a conflict with Roomie's oldest. She told Isabella to give the Terror her cookies, and Isabella did it!! :angry:angry:angry I was so angry. Isabella is a people-pleaser, and we've been working on telling people "no." For some reason, she will not say no to Roomie's oldest. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. So she heard it from me, then when I told dh about it, he had some words with her, too. I wanted to tell Roomie, also (because I think the dd was being very manipulative, which she does constantly) but dh thought this was a problem between us and Isabella. :sigh She went to stay the night at MIL's, but when she comes home, we are going to talk about how true friends do not manipulate or take advantage of each other.

Anyway...dh and I both had a ton of homework, so MIL took the girls for the night. We are at the Bux, but I think dh is about ready to go.

Joanne, hope your last Saturday in Paradise goes quickly. You are probably home by now, I'm sure. :xfin that Sunday is a no-work day!

Marisa, :eek at your sis wanting a whole wellness center! Is this a joint venture?

Sarah, hope you're enjoying your crafts!

Leeann, a family day sounds wonderful! We pull the girls out of school occasionally, and it is always a treat for them. :manyheart

Colleen, yikes @ the doll sweater! My 5 y/o does that sometimes, too. Kids change their minds so quickly. :yes

Beth, I hope your ds made it to work on time.

Love and hugs to all! I think we're about to leave. See ya later!

I'm home after finishing my Last Delta Saturday!!!!:cheer:clap:yay:woo:jumpyay:applause:elle:ducky And I'm off tomorrow!!!:yay

Stacy- I'm glad that come August- no more roomie or terror to deal with!!! I loved your pic on FB with the coffee and the GS cookies, notebook and laptop! Hope you got some studying done!!

Marisa- Funny that you mentioned Boston Market. I had to stop at Verizon on the way home from work to have the button on my blackberry replaced and DH met me there since Boston Market is in the same shopping ctr- so that's what we had for dinner and it was good. We hadn't had it in quite a while either!!! Oh, I would never be bored if I could stay home and crochet or read- I could definitely keep myself busy- but I didn't marry a millionaire- and I will probably be working until I'm in my grave!:lol

Beth- Hope you got your DS to work on time- maybe tomorrow will be a PJ day? It's supposed to rain here and I'm thinking it sounds like it just may work out to be a lazy pj day here for me!!! Only thing I HAVE to do is wash the sheets- and I'll just wash them and put them right back on the bed when they are done!

LeeAnn, Mary, LeaAnne, Colleen, Sarah, - hope you had a nice day today!

I'm off to do a little relaxation crocheting on the baby blanket and maybe catch up on my DVR'd shows!

Stacy - Sorrry about the Isabella issue with roomie's oldest, that's a hard concept for kids to grasp :think As for my sister and the wellness center, definitely a joint venture....she'll have to do all the managing, because I just don't want to manage that many people :no

Joanne - :yay for have tomorrow off :cheer:clap I thoroughly enjoyed my boston market :yes:drool

Going to watch the dvr and work on the knitting :think

Good morning!

It's a gray overcast day here with rain in the forecast. The perfect day to stay inside and do nothing!- well, you know what I mean- Nothing in as NO heavy duty cleaning or anything. I do have the sheets in the wash and when they are done they are going right back on the bed!

Hope you ALL have a nice, relaxing day! I know I plan too!!!!

BBL

Good morning ladies :hi

Nothing much new here today. I worked on my sweater last night and a bit this morning too :yes

Joanne - your projects are amazing!!!! I love that shrug and baby blanket is adorable, I love the colors :manyheart

Archived