Some good clean fun?!

Joanne that sounds like a wonderful way to start your morning! Don't drink coffee but the rest sounds relaxing.

I am determined to get my babyghan finished today. Could have gotten it done yesterday but watched 2 movies instead. Most Sundays, after church, we always go over to my mothers and hang out so I will have no excuse today. She is also working on a babyghan for a cousin of mine that is expecting 2 weeks after me. She has already gotten the one finished that she is going to give me at my shower. I will most deff. post pics. of that one for all of yall to see. It is really pretty.

I am going to be setting 41 eggs this afternoon to hatch March 21ish so wish me luck! First hatch for this year.

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings, Everybody!

I'm sorry I'm not writing much lately. I hope when Spring finally springs, I will get over my BLAH's, and be more enjoyable company.

Elizabeth, it's so much fun to crochet with someone who is also crocheting! I enjoy spending time with my friends, working side by side. It's so neat that you and your mother share this craft, and can enjoy stitching together towards a common goal -- something special for a new member of the family! :manyheart AWESOME!

Joanne, I hope you are busy relaxing today! Did the jazz coffee house live up to expectations? How sweet that you and dh went together to enjoy it.

Sarah, can't wait to see your embroidery project when it's finished. Are you planning on displaying it in your new blue/green room?

LeaAnn, feels great to have a project done, doesn't it? Did you get all the ends tucked in yet?

Stacy, good luck finding a new place to live. Will you find a different roomie, or will it be just your family this time?

Colleen, winter is a great time to read. And the classics can't be beat! And you are being a great role model for your dd.

I finished my first project with the Valentine yarn. I made a small throw, or a baby blanket. It's a variegated green striped with white. I really like how it came out. Now I need to figure out what to do with it... I started my giant granny. I'm liking the colors together, more than I thought I would. of course, I'm on the first stripe of the lavender. I'll see what it will look like when I have several stripes of each color.

I need to get ready to go tutor. Have a great Sunday Afternoon, everybody!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Hi all!

I received an email from my history prof last night, that the test is postponed until next Monday, because we've only really gone over 1 chapter out of the 4. :clap That is great, because last night I fell asleep about 5 pages into the 4th chapter. :lol

Joanne, maybe you posted it when I wasn't here. I haven't been through the previous posts. Well, anyway, congrats to your family. :manyheart My MIL felt the same way when we found out we were having a girl (all 3 times.) She grew up with 7 brothers, and had 2 boys of her own. So she was ready for a girl. :lol Oh, I almost forgot- have you seen the super-simple shawl pattern? After the first 5 rows, the pattern has a 2-row repeat, and it looks wonderful with Homespun. :D

Elizabeth, good luck with your eggs!

Sarah, you got a great deal on that embroidery set. How long does it take you to do that? I really admire embroidery but have no patience to do it. :lol

We took the doggies to the dog park this morning. They had so much fun! The girls did, too. Mia was happy to find a dog who would play fetch with her. (Klaus doesn't like to play, and Olive will catch the ball but drop it halfway back to you.) We picked up doughnuts on the way home. I cleaned a bit, and now we are just resting. The girls all seem really tired- probably a sugar crash. :blush

Well, I'm going to scoot for now. I found a minion pattern that I really want to try. :manyheart

Love and hugs all around! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Stacy- I found a shrug that I'm making for DD- it seems right up her alley- and I started it to day- Hopefully it will turn out ok. I'm using HOmespun and a P hook . Here's the pattern:http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/50931AD.html?noImages=&utm_source=20110218_Feb18&utm_medium=Emails&utm_campaign=Weeklynewsletter&utm_content=P-CrochetV-StitchCocoonShrug-50931

That's great that the test isn't until next Monday!

Beth- The cafe was nice and the jazz music was very relaxing- DH was reading on his e-reader and I was crocheting- it was a very nice afternoon. Now dinner is on and i'm going to crochet some more after that.

Elizabeth- i hope you had a nice afternoon crocheting with your Mom.

Colleen, LeaAnne, LeeAnn, Sarah- and all-- Enjoy the rest of Sunday!!

Joanne - Thanks for the link to the shrug pattern. I really like that. Hmmm, you've got the crochet part of my brain all a twitter! :lol

Stacy - Yay for a delay in your test. It sounds like you are doing a great job at keeping at your homework and that will help you succeed!

Beth - I hear you about the winter blahs. I'm not really down in the dumps, but I am really ready for spring. We had more snow last night, but it's raining now and should be warm enough to create a muddy mess by tomorrow. March is a very muddy month. I'm enjoying the classics. I have read many of them over the years, but there are always more!

Elizabeth - Good luck with your eggs. I have no idea what it means to set them :think City girl here :lol

We are off to swimming lessons here shortly. We made a huge snow fort this morning and enjoyed a warm morning outside. DD had a friend to play this afternoon, so the day has gone quickly. I made homemade granola bars today (substituted apple sauce for oil and saved a point :tup). Some of them have gone into the freezer already. I just can't keep myself away from the baking when it sits out :blush

:hug:hug:hug to you all. I think I might look at my yarn tonight...:hook

Colleen - yay for snow fort and DD having a friend over to play with. It's been a LONG LONG time since I built one. We're into spring weather here already.

Joanne - that's a pretty pattern. Hope DD likes it and you can get it done in time. =0) Glad you had a nice afternoon out.

Stacy - YAY for test being postponed. As for how long the embroidery takes me well I've only done one embroidery piece and that was in 1997 when I'd come home from college and got stuck at a friends house due to flooding rain. That one took me about a week but was no where near as much solid space to cover. Only other project like this I've finished is a counted cross stitch kit and that one took a week also (same finished size 5x7) So we'll see how long it takes me to do both pictures (each is 5x7) especially since the other projects were done when I was able to spend hours at a time on them, which I'm not able to do as easily now.

Beth - yay for finishing your valentine yarn project. Hope you continue to enjoy your colors on your granny-ghan. Yes I'm going to frame the embroidery pictures when I'm done but not sure if I'll hang them in the living room or bedroom. We'll see. =0)

Elizabeth - good luck on finishing your baby-ghan and your eggs.

Marissa, LeaAnne, LeeAnn and anyone else I missed hope you all had a good weekend and your week goes well.

Hello there!

Sarah-I used to embroider alot and then just lost focus with it. That will be nice when you get all of your craft goodies, I would be lost with out mine. Is there any way that you can get them sooner?

Joanne-what a relaxing Sunday you have had. So happy for you! Thank you for the link, I have about 4 skiens of Homespun in my stash that are just waiting to be made into something wonderful...hmmm.

Stacy-a doggies park sounds neat, we do not have any here in our small town, how funny is that? Glad that your test has been postponed.

Beth-I feel blah sometimes too, glad that spring is finally on it's way. I'm tired of the cold weather. your project sounds soo neat, will we get to see any pics?

Elizabeth-I love having some to share crocheting with. Isnt' that just the best?

Colleen-your dd has just the best mommy ever! Playing outside and eating homemade goodies makes growing up so special.

Are you ready friends???? I did it!!!! Finally finished tucking in ends...going to make pillow shams tomororw out of fabric. I just had to share a pic. What do you all think?

post-33271-135897633313_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897633318_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897633321_thumb.jpg

Hello there!

Sarah-I used to embroider alot and then just lost focus with it. That will be nice when you get all of your craft goodies, I would be lost with out mine. Is there any way that you can get them sooner?

Are you ready friends???? I did it!!!! Finally finished tucking in ends...going to make pillow shams tomororw out of fabric. I just had to share a pic. What do you all think?

That's lovely. I really like the colors on it. =0)

No we can't get my stuff sooner. Right now we're living paycheck to paycheck and it's going to cost about $3,000 give or take to get my stuff down here between renting a U-Haul, gas, food and lodging. So we have to wait until Doug pays off his truck in September then start saving up and once we get income tax return next year should have enough between that and savings. Hopefully. But given that stuff in storage is things my Grandpa made me when I was a child no amount is too much as far as I'm concerned.

LeeAnn - That bedspread is so beautiful! You did a wonderful job! I love the colours! Good luck with the pillow shams! Thanks for saying I'm a good mom. I love my daughter more than anything and consider it a priveledge to be a mom. Playing in the snow and baking are just some of the most fun parts!

Sarah - We are nearing spring weather too, but we often get snow in March...and sometimes in April. :lol The rain has brought down the walls of our snowfort. But that's okay, we had fun making it.

I started that shrug that Joanne posted the link for. I have no idea if it will fit, but I guess I'll find out. :shrug I had some yarn on hand that should work perfectly :xfin

I learned tonight that I won't be babysitting this week. The mom has taken a week off...which means I get a week off too :D My DD is so excited to have some mommy-daughter time on her no-school days (and so am I :wink).

LeeAnn- :clap I am in love with your blanket!!!:manyheart It is absolutely beautiful- and I love those colors together!!! Great job!!!!! Enjoy it for many years and good luck with the shams. I'm sure they'll be gorgeous too!!!

I'm almost done with the shrug I'm making- and so far so good!!! I'm starting to get tired so don't want to mess up although my mind is saying- "just one more row" :lol I'm so close to finishing- but it'll have to wait until tomorrow night. I have a long day at work tomorrow- probably won't get home till 7:15 or so. So in reality, the shrug may have to wait until Tuesday night when I'll get home much earlier. We'll see how I feel after settling in tomorrow night!

Colleen- I'm happy that I've inspired you to pick up the hook!!!:yay:hook Sounds like you had a fun day today and enjoy your mom/daughter time this week. It's nice to have a surprise week off!!!:c9

Sarah- Have fun with the embroidery kits! Glad you have some crafts to keep you busy- and yup, it will probably take you longer since you have an active 4 year old to watch!!!

Night all!

Happy Monday! (ok, I'm being optimistic here- it's the start of my LAST 12 day work week and it will be a late day)

It's raining here so at least being stuck inside Paradise won't be as terrible.

Thinking of you all........

Good morning!

Joanne, the shrug is gorgeous. Can't wait to see your finished project. I'm sure your dd will love it.

LeaAnn, now I have to mop off my computer monitor from :drool all over it!!! Your afghan is so pretty. I adore those colors. You did a most excellent job!

Colleen, your dd is lucky! Nothing like a snow fort, a friend, and home baked goodies on the same day. I'm glad you will get some mother/daughter time this week.

Sarah, things made for you by your grandfather -- definitely worth any amount of money. It would be a good vacation, too, travelling as a family.

Stacy, Hooray for postponed tests!!! It sounds like your text isn't very well written. I hated history in high school, but had the most fascinating professor in college -- he wrote the text, and it was so interesting. I used to think of history as memorizing names and dates, but he made it come alive -- learning about PEOPLE and how they lived during those times. Hooray for fun days at the dog park. I'd love to have my dog play fetch. She's getting a little better. She likes to catch her tug toys and bring them to us to play tug-of-war, but she doesn't drop anything, on purpose.

Elizabeth, do you candle the eggs, to determine the gender of the chicks? My sister-in-law wanted to start raising chickens, and ended up with an inordinate number of roosters -- not much laying from them! Did you get the baby blanket finished?

Mary, is your stash of things to sell growing? When do you make your next yarn run? I love seeing all you get. What fun!

LeaAnne, how is work going? What sports are your chickens playing? How are you holding up, working, being a great mom, and crafting?

Marisa, I hope you had a good weekend. Did you get your sister's socks done yet?

Well, I woke up at 3 a.m. I tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't so I got up, and picked up the giant granny again. I am LOVING this afghan!!! The colors, which I would never pick on my own, are very restful, very pretty. And the pattern is so nice and mindless -- just what I need at 3 a.m.

Today is the typical Monday. I take care of the kitties, teach my kids, teach Shrimp Boy, and do my share of chauffeuring kids to activities. I don't have to work today :cheer:clap:yay but I need to get some yard work done. And I do work Tuesday and Wednesday this week. I'm kind of glad. I want to show off some of my finished projects.:blush

Love you all:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

I can't believe it's monday already I'm back to my routine I got my hair trimmed on saturday, about 3 inches and now it feel bouncy again Then we went shopping and had alot of fun....me, mary, my sister, my mom, and my aunt. Back home to have dinner and then BACK to the mall. A store forgot to take a security tag off a shirt my sister bought (and the alarm didn't go off when we left) and Mary picked up the wrong type of sd card in kmart (for the 2nd time ) so we exchanged that for the right one. Then went to my aunt's to hang out there for a while. Back home to call it a night. We had a half choc and half vanilla cake with a pudding icing Sooo yummy!!! Then sunday was a busy morning. My mom was getting dinner ready then her cousin came by so they could go over some things for our family reunion in July. She left, I adjusted everyone and then my friend from school stopped by with her daughter to bring the girl scout cookies over that I bought from her Had an early dinner and Mary and I left to head back just after 2, stopped at the sports store here in the mall still looking for Eagles tattoos at the request of my nephews (and now 2 cups) with no luck. I'm going to check Modell's online Made it back home around 4:30 and then we unpacked the car and separated out our stuff. I put the food in the fridge and headed out to the car wash for an 'express' wash Came back to workout, had a bite to eat, watched at show, and hit the sack I didn't get ANY crafting done yesterday

My sister loves her new crochet hook case I'm still working on her socks, which she'll get in 2 weeks

LeeAnn - :manyheart love the afghan!!! I'm glad that site helped you out to get what you need :yes

Joanne - I love the pattern and bookmarked it for future use myself :wink

Elizabeth - I love the name Ian Joshua :manyheart

Stacy, Beth, Sarah, Mary, and anyone else I've missed :hi:hug

Have a great day everyone.

Top of the morning!

Joanne-:cheer:cheer:cheer I will be cheering for you this week and next! You are so optimistic, I love it! :hugRain? wow! We haven't had rain in awhile, we are looking at a very dry summer. The farmes are worried because we just do not have the moisture that we need. I can't believe that you are almost done with your shrug. :eek I am still contemplating my next project. :lol

Marisa-your weekend was fun and packed to the gills! :hugJust the way I like them!:yes I bet you will finish the second sock this week.:yay

Beth-busy Monday for ya! Glad that you do not have to work until tomorrow night and then you can show off all your goodies. :hug

Sarah-sorry to hear that you can not get to your craft goodies sooner, but I am positive that you will get them. :hug

Colleen-enjoy mommy time with your dd. Those day are priceless. Any big plans?

Stacy-hope your Monday goes well!:hug

Mary and Elizabeth-:hug:hug:hug

Absolutely nothing new in my neck of the woods, going to clean up and toss another load in the washer before starting the shams..I haven't sewn in a looooong time, I hope I can remember what to do. I started WW 2 days ago, so far so good. Lost 1/2 pound.:cheer I am enjoying it, I kinda like keeping track of everything, gives me a sense of control over what I am eating.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments regarding my ghan as well as the encouragement to get it done, I was soo tired of it, I wanted to put it back in the closet. :devil

hugs n squishers besties!

:hi all!

Just a quick pop-in. Thank goodness that the test was postponed- Mia took a nap yesterday and when she woke up, she had a fever of 103! :eek And she has a deep cough. :sigh Dh took her to work for a couple hours, but I have to pick her up after my first class since he can't keep her all day. I need to email her ballet teacher,too- this will be the second week in a row that she has missed because of sickness.

Marisa, sounds like you had a super-busy, full-filled weekend! I love that you adjust everyone. I wish I had a chiropractor in the family! :yes

Joanne, :xfin that your day 1 goes quickly.

Beth, sorry that you couldn't go back to sleep. I didn't sleep well last night, either. I see lots of coffee in our futures today. :devil Have a great day- at least you don't have to work! I had a good :heehee at wanting to show off your works. :D

Well, I'm off to get the other two up and ready. Love and hugs! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Don't know if this link will work, or if you want to see it, but I was on the news, crocheting in the library with my homeschool group -- pity, they weren't all there. http://www.wvec.com/video/featured-videos/Hampton-offers-prescription-drug-discount-cards-116922868.html I had nothing to do with the drug card thing, but hey... fame is fame!

Beth, how awesome!! I agree- fame is fame. :yes:D

Today has been long, and it's only 1:30. To be fair- it's not the day, it's the thoughts in my head. I need a Pen-sieve. :blush

After I dropped off Eva, I ran to Wal-mart to a skein of yellow for my minion friends. I started one last night for Mia (because she loves Despicable Me) but didn't like the color I was using. Eva has also decided that she needs one. :lol

Then, of course, my 2 classes, and now we are home, eating lunch. I also just signed up Eva for dance class again- wish me luck. She actually says she wants to do it this time.

Well I'd better scoot. BBL!

Beth - How neat is that to see you in action! Please don't let the fame go to your head :lol

Stacy - Can't wait to see your minions.

LeeAnn - Congrats on joining WW! I hope it works well for you! Your afghan is truly gorgeous. Can't stop thinking about it.

Marisa - You had a busy weekend, lady! I hope your day at work was a good one. BTW that hook case was beautiful!

Joanne - Day 1 of 12 is done. And this is your last 12 day work week :yay

LeaAnne - Thinking of you friend! I hope you are not lost in spring flower-land. ;)

Sarah - Enjoy your embroidery project.

Elizabeth - How are the eggs going?

I finished my shrug :clap I know :faint Colleen actually finished a crochet project :faint It worked up so quickly and I had just enough yarn. I added two rows to make it fit (might have managed without them, but it's better to be comfy). I like it very much! It's a self striping yarn, so that makes it very unique. I would love one in a solid. Maybe a black or purple :dreaming Maybe someday! I'll take pics in the daylight someday soon.

I had DD home from school today with a cold. Poor little angel. She's fine, but needed some rest. We cleaned and rearranged her room and did some relaxing (hooking for me, cartoons for her).

Have a great evening all! See you soon!

Don't know if this link will work, or if you want to see it, but I was on the news, crocheting in the library with my homeschool group -- pity, they weren't all there. http://www.wvec.com/video/featured-videos/Hampton-offers-prescription-drug-discount-cards-116922868.html I had nothing to do with the drug card thing, but hey... fame is fame!

Awesome!!!! :yay:clap:woo Can I just say that I want to go to the seafood place :drool:rofl

good evening ladies :hi

Work wasl pretty good today and quite uneventful, which was nice :lol Now I've been sitting here since I got home. I still need to look up a few more things and then I'll go change into pj's and see what the dvr is getting :lol

I can say "I knew her when":lol:lol Pretty cool!!

Quick stop in after a very long day!!! I am starting to get a headache- probably because I haven't eaten since lunchtime!!!

Colleen- WTG on finishing the shrug- I was so close to finishing it last night- it works up fairly quickly- and I think I'll make one for me when I finish DD's. Tonight will NOT be the night it gets done though- I'm too tired

I'll try and respond to everyone else in the AM- but for now I've really got to eat dinner---before it's time for breakfast!:lol:lol

Evening all!

What a day! Been super busy but am finally getting to sit and releax.

Joanne-glad that day one is over. I hope that your headache went away, I get one too if I go too long between meals. Hope tomorrow goes well for ya.

Beth-congratulations!!!!!! I loved seeing you crocheting! How cool is that? Awesome! you are one busy lady. Are your students getting better at hooking?

Marisa-DVR is the best, my kiddos record all of their favorite shows and then watch them when they do not have too much homeowork.

Stacy-your day sounded jam packed too. Do you like close to the college?

Colleen-thank you so very much for the compliments on my ghan. Can't wait to see the pic of your project! WTG! you finished soo fast! :cheeris your dd feeling better?

I finished the shams and a small pillow. Wow! I had to dig my sewing machine out the closet...but I did it! Will take pics in the a.m. Also cleaned the oven..that was the pits, but glad that that is over too.

Going to sit and surf the net. Hugs n squishes dear friends!

Archived