Some good clean fun?!

Thanks LeeAnn, my sister asked where her matching socks were :lol So I may just surprise her with a pair of yellow and black ones when I got out there in 3 weeks. We'll see on that :think

Work went a little slow today, but I think it's just because it was friday and I wanted to be out of there :yes Going to clean the turtles tonight so it's one less job for tomorrow :D

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. I hope you all have a great day. I have to help the ballet teacher place an on-line order this morning -- she's not fond of technology at all -- then shop, then work a swim meet. It won't be one of my favorite days. I hope you all have a nicer Saturday than I will!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning-

Beth- Hope your day flies by for you- since it is one that you are not looking forward to! How nice of your friend to do some de-stashing and you came home with 17 skeins!!! How as DD and ShrimpBoy's bowling date?

Marisa- I also did not get to enjoy the beautiful warm weather yesterday- except at lunch time- a few of us went outside to walk- I really did not want to return back inside!!!

LeeAnn- Hope things get worked out with your DD's teacher. Very odd that DD has 2-3 hrs of homework, but teacher says she doesn't give HW? I'm confused on that one!!!

Hope your weekend is much more relaxed for you.

LeaAnne- Did everything go well with the big honcho at work yesterday? Do you work this weekend?

Stacy- I think you mentioned that you are going to BILs this weekend- so have a great time!!

Colleen- I re-signed up for WW- they are offering it at work again for another 17 wk session. I think I only have about 5-6 more lbs to lose. My goal is to maintain that and then get free lifetime membership!

Mary- How's things by you?

Off to do some cleaning and the wash is ready to be moved into the dryer.

Have a good day all!

:hi everyone!

It was very warm here the past few days. All our snow melted (well, except for the snowbanks). Yesterday was very windy, which was a blessing because it helped dry up some of the water. The poor kids up at the school had soaking wet feet because the snow melted and left deep puddles everywhere. I sent my DD with 2 changes of socks and she used both of them. Today it snowed again and the grass is covered in white again. :rolleyes Oh well, we got a little taste of spring to lift our spirits.

Today was the first day of the long weekend and it was wonderfully relaxing. I stayed in my PJs until almost lunch time. We went out to a couple stores together as a family. I made a beef barley soup and we went to church. Now we're in for a snuggle on the couch and watch hockey kind of evening. :c9

Joanne - WTG signing up for WW again! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. WTG getting out for a walk yesterday.

Beth - I hope your Saturday turned out better than you thought it would. I'm interested to hear how the bowling date went.

LeaAnne - I hope the visit from the big cheese went well and that your flower department scored big points! How are the chickens doing? I hope they enjoy their week off school.

LeeAnn - I hope things improve with the teacher. How strange about the homework :think Maybe she was trying to save face in front of the principal :shrug

Marisa - Are your turtles enjoying their clean home? Enjoy your weekend.

Stacy - I hope you enjoy your weekend too. I was happy to hear that you got into the Astronomy class you wanted. I took Astronomy for my science credit in University and enjoyed it. It's physics that is fun.

:hi to everyone I missed! I hope you are having wonderful weekend. Please do some hooking for me. :hug

Carpet got put in the living room today. Tomorrow or Monday Doug will do the hallway. Then I get to spend quite a bit of time vacuuming to get all the splinters from the particle board. One more wall in the living room to paint but it's the one where we have tile so there's no rush.

Then I get to have fun playing with how to arrange all the bookcases and furniture. But it feels so much better in here already. That old wallpaper was really depressing. The paint is kinda interesting as depending on the angle and lighting it changes colors being either a pale blue or pale green. Which will make figuring out color scheme intersting. I'll post pictures probably later this weekend or next week.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:hug:hug to everyone =0)

Hey everyone, hope I am not crashing. Just trying to find somewhere to get started in this group. Kind of overwhelming trying to find my way around here but everyone has been real nice so far.

I read all the rules but worry I will break one befor I get this place figured out. Hope not! lol

Good morning and welcome algopurple!

I finished the babyghan last night so today it will be on to something else! (Don't worry Colleen- I'm hooking practically every day- so I'm doing it for you too!):lol

I really wish that tomorrow was a holiday for me- but alas, it's not. Seems that everyone should be off to celebrate President's Day in the US. :think

I'm going to go make DH breakfast and surprise him, so I'll stop in later.

post-27163-135897630077_thumb.jpg

Joanne, the baby afghan is lovely! Those colors together remind me of a sunny day at the beach. you can't get much cheerier.

algopurple, welcome to our group! Just jump in and chat. We don't bite -- much:devil Seriously, i hope you enjoy our group.

Sarah, How exciting to have so much progress made in the living room. The paint sounds lovely, but it will make the color scheme more challenging to pinpoint. I'm excited to see what you come up with. You have an eye for these things, judging from the pics you've shared with us.

Colleen, I'm glad you got a taste of spring. Sorry it's not staying. Your PJ day sounds wonderful. I'd love one of those, but won't have one any time soon.

Marisa, is your sister the Steeler's fan? I think the socks would be nice surprise for her. I was asked to crochet a gold and black scarf yesterday while at the swim meet. The man and his wife are HUGE Steelers fans! When I was making my sister's afghan, they drooled over it regularly.

LeaAnn, I'm so sorry your dd's teacher is not being cooperative. I hope things are going better now that you've had that meeting.

Mary, I am thinking of you, with your hook smoking again, as you're back into your crochet rhythm. I hope all is well in God's country!

LeaAnne, I want to hear how the visit from the ubermanager went. It sounds like you've made a huge amount of progress in the floral department. I hope you still like your job, and your chickens are thriving.

Stacy, how's your weekend going? Do you get President's day off? What's on your hook these days?

Well, since you asked, the bowling date went well. After a few games, the couple went for a long walk. Shrimp Boy insisted on a chaperone, so I got to go with, which is very good for me. I think I need him for my personal trainer!

The swim meet wasn't THAT bad. My ds asked me to cut his hair before hand, so I claim credit for how well he did. He got at least 2 firsts, possibly 3. That one was too close to call. I only had to work one half, and made a hat during the other half.

Have a great day!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

Just finished with bfast and am trying to decide what to start with today :think

Beth - Glad to hear the swim meet wasn't too bad and that the date went well :hug Shrimp boy sure knows that he has to win you over as well as your dd :devil:lol yep, sis is the steeler's fan :yes She told me I'll have to be a steeler's fan when I move there :think I told her I already do cheer for them as long as they don't play the Eagles, which is extremely rare. I think they play a preseason game every few years :think But, I've been an Eagles fan since 9th grade, long before I ever moved here so she won't be able to take that away from me :no

Joanne - I thought about going for a walk at lunch yesterday, but couldn't talk anyone into going with me and didn't want to go alone since it's not a great area :( So I rode the bike in the exercise room while I crocheted :lol Your baby blanket is gorgeous :manyheart I also wish tomorrow was a holiday for me too :shrug

Colleen - I love beef barley soup, that's the kind my mom brought me last week and yesterday was a good day for it too :yes The turtles sure are enjoying their clean home, I hope they're done shedding for this round so it doesn't get dirty quick again :think

Sarah - :yay for the new carpet and paint, can't wait to see the pics.

Algopurple - :welcome to our group. This is a very busy group of ladies and we generally just pop in and chat about anything and everything :yes I'm Marisa and I currently live in Philadelphia soon to move to Pittsburgh and open my own chiropractic office later this year. I'm 32 years old with no children, but have 2 turtles that my mom affectionately addresses as her grandchildren :lol My sister lives in Pitt with her bf and my bro and SIL live in Phoenix with 3 boys and a girl. You'll get to know all about us :D

Beth-

Glad to hear that the swim meet was too terrible- and kudos to DS for his first place finishes.:clap And I give you the credit for cutting his hair- I'm sure that took lots of seconds off his time!!!!:yes

Shrimp Boy (wonder what he would think about us referring to him as Shrimp Boy? :lol) seems to know the way to DD's mother's heart!!! He seems like a very polite and well-mannered boy- in other words- a keeper!!!

I could go for a PJ day myself, but am already dressed. Very comfortably, though- yoga pants and my NJ Devils shirt since they won last night!!

Marisa- I would have a hard time changing allegiences to another team if I moved- I've been a NY Giants fan for .......forever!!!! :yes

Thanks everyone for the welcome! I am getting ready to pack up my yarn and squares I am making a baby blanket out of and head over to my mothers to hang out for awhile. We are both in a race to see who can get finished befor my baby shower in March! I think she is going to win and the one she is making is bigger than the one I am making. lol

If I can figure out how and am allowed to, I will post pics of them later when they are done.

A little about myself befor I go in case anyone is wondering.

I am 33, married, have one 3 and a half yo son and on on the way around end of March. I am a stay at home mom when I am not called in to work at the post office. Part time mail carrier. I have 40+ chickens and one ball python who is really boring cuz he never comes out of hidding.

Have fun crocheting!!! What pattern are you using for your baby blanket? I myself would be happy with a snake that never came out of hiding. I'm not big on snakes!!!:eek

I just finished a baby ghan for my stepdaughter who is having her first baby (boy) in July. My youngest DD is also expecting her first baby in August- and this will be my first grandchild so I'm very excited!!!

Hi all!!

Welcome, algopurple! :clap How exciting that you are expecting again- what does your little boy think of that? Good luck with your 'ghan. I hope you can post the pics- we love to see :photo of projects. :yes A little about me- I am 30, married, with 3 little girls (ages 8, almost-6, and 3.) I am a stay-at-home mom, but attend college during the day when my littles are at school. This is only my second semester, but am hoping to be a registered dietitian when all is said and done. :D

Beth, WTG to your son!! He sounds like quite the fish. :yes And kudos to Shrimp Boy for requesting a chaperon- sounds like he's really trying to score parental points. :wink

Joanne, your blanket is gorgeous!! Such a great color combo. I'm sure your step-daughter will love it. :manyheart Yoga pants are just as comfy as pj's, IMO- I'm wearing them right now too. :lol Love them.

Colleen, glad you got a pj day. Sorry that spring isn't staying, but I'm sure the little taste you had was refreshing. :yes My dh loved his astronomy classes so much that, at the end of last semester, he changed his major to planetary science. I definitely won't do anything that drastic, but it is an interesting subject.

Marisa, I didn't know you planned to open your own practice! That is fantastic!! :cheer I am in awe that you rode the exercise bike and crocheted at the same time. :nworthy That is an incredible feat.

Sarah, can't wait to see your newly decorated room! It sounds really pretty. :yes

Last night, there was a "mardi gras" parade downtown, so we took the girls. The people on the floats threw bead necklaces, and each kid got like 15 or 20. :eek They had lots of fun. There was a street fair afterward, with vendors, music, etc. Dh ate some fish tacos and ended up with food poisoning in the middle of the night. I told him that's what he gets for eating fish from a street vendor. :blush:ohdear

I went this morning and bought him some fresh juice and pro-biotics. Also, there is a field fire going out here, and Isabella and Mia started getting stuffy almost as soon as we arrived. I thought ahead and brought allergy meds, though, because Isabella always has allergy problems here.

Tonight we are going out to dinner for BIL's birthday. I think that's all. I hope so anyway- I have a pile of homework waiting in my backpack.

Well I'm going to scoot. Gotta figure out how people in early Europe could still see southern constellations. :blush Love and hugs to all!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Hello all!

Geesh! I sure have been taking time off huh? I promise to do better. Ds and dh have been hogging the computer. But I have been great at sharing as long as I can crochet.

Joanne-your ghan is loveeeelllly! I love the colors!:D they make me happy! What is next on your agenda?

Stacy-poor dh! Fish poisoning sounds scary. I have never eaten fish tacos.:think sounds like you are having a fun filled weekend tho'.

Colleen-glad that Spring is almost here! A nice day relaxing is just what the dr. ordered. I have spent most of the day in pj's crocheting and enjoying every minute of it. :lol

LeaAnne-how did it go at work? How are the chickens?

Marisa-what did you decide to do with yourself? Crocheting and riding a bike is pretty awesome! Did you feel motion sickness?

Beth-Congratulations to your ds! How awesome! You are going to be in a crochet business soon, I can feel it!

Sarah-ooohhh laaa laaa! Can't wait to see your pics!

Algopurple-welcome to our group! The ladies here are the best ever! I can't imagine life without any of them, they are all so sweet, caring and thoughtful. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Do you know the sex of your baby? A little about myself, I am 34, a SAHM to Cristopher age 13 and Celine age 10. My hubby is one of the most fantastic men around, he really is a sweetie. I love love love crocheting and yarn and have been trying my hand at opening up a small business for my homemade soap and candles.

This weekend has been so much fun! My dearest friend Rose and her family stopped in to have dinner and a visit on Friday. She of course crochets...couldn't have been better. Saturday I went to lunch with Kathi, she is back. And then took the family out to see Gnomeo and Juliet...can I just say, what a cute movie! Then ran a few errands and home to read...whew! Today we have all been lazy, but what heaven! Going to run into town for a newspaper. And then back to :hook I am almost finished with the granny ghan, can't wait!

hugs n squishes!!!

:hi everybody! Two posts in one day... is this a record for me?

I didn't get to tutor today -- Shrimp Boy has the flu. His sister was diagnosed by a doctor on Tuesday last week. HIs mom and little brother came down with it since then. I have :xfin that nobody in our family will get it, but we spend a LOT of time with that dude.

OK, I know you've heard it from me before (without much success) but I have removed Soda from my diet AGAIN, and have been soda free for a week. I don't know if this energy I'm feeling is because I actually got an afternoon off, or because I'm not drinking all that gunk now, or because I'm drinking coffee with no sugar or sweetener when I need my caffeine. But I am positively :hyper

Algopurple, Congratulations on the newcoming member of the family. I vote for March 29, my twins' birthday. I am a 46-year-old "Stay at Home Mom" who never stays at home. I homeschool an 18 year old son, and 16-year-old boy/girl twins. I volunteer at a ballet studio where my daughter dances, and I tutor Algebra. And sorry to disappoint LeaAnn, but I've got the best husband around. I am totally spoiled. We've been married for 20 years, and it just gets better!!!

Well, I need to get going. The girl needs the computer!

Hey ladies :hi

Well, let me clarify that the bike was a stationary bike, much easier then crocheting on the elliptical Stacy, which I've tried, but can only do about the first 5-10 minutes before my hands get clammy and the yarn can't move through my fingers :lol No motion sickness LeeAnn because there was no motion :lol

Well, I fiddled around with this sewing machine that my mom's cousin gave to me. It only seems to be grabbing the bobbin like every 3rd or 4th time the needle goes down :think I could've handsewn my lining for a crochet hook case in the amount of time I put into the maching :( I don't have a manual for it and may end up buying one online for $10 :( But if it helps me figure out the problem, it would be worth it :yes

I ran out to 2 different Michael's to scope out for tomorrow. And when I went to the second one, it's in a big shopping area so I also checked out the ACM there, but didn't buy anything. However, Joanne....ACM had Vanna's Choice for 1.99 :devil

I worked out on the elliptical, took a shower, having a bite to eat and trying to decide what to work on tonight. I think I'll get back to my sister's sock that I started last night :think

It sounds like everyone's Sunday was pretty busy and alas, the weekend is over :(

Another lazy day here and it seemed like it lasted forever :c9 I stayed in my PJs most of the morning again. I did vacuum and do a load of laundry. I baked carrot muffins (yummy!) and DD had swimming lessons. I went for 2 walks. I started a little sweater for DD's doll. She was wearing another doll sweater that had short arms and needed a new one :lol

I have been really missing baking being on weightwatchers, but finally decided to just do it when I want to and freeze the stuff or give it away. :shrug What's a girl to do when she's just got to bake? I put some of the muffins I made today in the freezer individually wrapped so I can throw them in lunch boxes.

Joanne - :drool I love your baby blanket :manyheart I love the cheery colours. What pattern did you use for the square. Is that a bulky yarn? It looks kinda bulky. Good job! And to think it was only about 18 months ago you thought you couldn't even make a square :lol Oh ya, and Happy Presidents day to you!

Algopurple - :welcome You found a great place to find a welcome. Congrats on the baby-on-the-way. How fun to have a baby to crochet for. A bit about me. I am a 37 yo SAHM with a 6 yo girl. I do some occassional fill-in reception work, I volunteer at 2 schools, and I babysit in my home.

Beth - Shrimp boy is either steeped in Southern manners or keen to win your approval. A chaperone? :think I don't think there are many 16 yos around here that would even know what that word means :rofl WTG to your DS on his swimming!

Sarah - Enjoy the "new" living room. Change is nice for a change sometimes.

LeeAnn - I guess we'll share the computer with your DH and DS :devil They are awfully nice :lol

Stacy - I hope you enjoyed your weekend at BIL's. The mardi gras parade sounds fun. I hope your DH feels better soon. Food poisoning is the worst...especially when you're not at home.

Marisa - Sounds like you have some shopping planned! Have fun! What are your turtles names again? My beef barley soup was good. It had a can of diced tomatoes in it and I felt it was more tomatoe-y than I wanted, but it's very good.

LeaAnne - Looking forward to hearing how things went with the regional mgr. How is your reh-hashlar going?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I think I did find the right place to hang out. Going to take awhile to figure out who everyone is though.

My new baby on the way is going to be a boy according to the ultrasound tech. and my 3yo thinks he is going to be a fun kid that is going to come out ready to play with his toys with him...yeah it's going to be fun getting him to understand that one better once baby gets here.

I got 3 out 7 rows assembled for my blanket. I don't actually have any pattern to go by for this blanket since I don't know how to read patterns. It is just 42 really small granny squares in baby blue, Bernat's baby sport brand and trimmed 2 times in the same brand but in a color called Funny Prints. It is a combo of white, green, and blue varagated (SP).

I will eventually get around to learning how to read patterns but I was taught by people that don't know how to read patterns and we just teach each other different patterns as they are shown to us. I am left handed but was taught to crochet right handed since my mother and aunt are both right handed. That drives another aunt of my nuts since she is left handed but can't learn anything from me since I am "doing it backwards" lol.

As soon as this blanket is finished I am going to learn how to make baby booties from a guy I found on youtube. They are so cute and I have got to have some!

Welcome Algopurple. I'm Sarah =0) Congratulations on your baby on the way. =0) I'm a SAHM of a 4 year old boy, Keith. I'm engaged to his Dad, Doug. since I mention the names so much thought I'd tell you who is who =0)

Here's a pic of the living room before furniture got moved back. I'll post more pics once we get everything settled.

[ATTACH]35222[/ATTACH]

And today we went to a state park that's nearby and here's some pics of the local wildlife... Keith had never seen an alligator in person before and I'd never seen one outside of a zoo before so was interesting...

[ATTACH]35223[/ATTACH]

Here's the rest of the pics I took =0)

Good morning!

Colleen- I think you have the right approach about baking- if it is something you love to do, than you should do it--WW or not!! Otherwise you may start to resent WW and won't follow it- if you know what I mean. Have you checked out some WW recipes for baking? I think that was a great idea of individually wrapping them up and freezing them!!! We got some of the white stuff on the ground again this morning. Just when I was hoping that it was gone for the winter:lol

I used Vanna's Choice baby yarn in Duckie and Little Boy Blue and White for the baby ghan, Colleen. I think the stitch is what makes it look bulky- sc and 2 dc in one stitch, sk 2 stitches and repeat across- easy, peasy---just how I like them;)

Algopurple- what is your name, if you don't mind me asking? If you'd rather not post your real name that's ok too. There are many great videos on you-tube- actually that's how I taught myself to crochet 2 years ago!!

Sarah- Keith must have loved seeing the alligator! I've never seen one outside of a zoo either- Oh, wait- I did see one once in Florida in the Everglades! Your living room is coming along nicely!!! You must be so happy about that.

Stacy- Hope DH is feeling better and learned his lesson about buying fish from a street vendor!!! Did you have a good time last night? Did you get to tackle any of the homework you brought along with you?

Beth- No wonder it snowed again!!! You posted twice on the same day!!!:lol:lol:lol Just kidding!- Do you have your usual crazy busy Monday or are you off for President's Day? I loved your definition of who you are- a SAHM who is never home:)

LeeAnn- Next up on the agenda---another baby ghan. DD liked the one I'm giving to stepdaughter so I'm making one for her.

LeaAnne and Mary- Hugs to you.:hug

Marisa- Hope your day at work goes by quickly and you have great luck at Michael's getting the yarn you want!!!!:hook

Found out I'm having a grandson!!! Me, the mom of three daughters is going to get to have fun with a little boy-:manyheart Oh, the sports things we can do- and the sports things I can buy!!! Bibs for my sports team will be ordered shortly!!:yes

Off to get ready----have a great day everyone!

:good morning, all! :coffee

First things first... :welcome algopurple! I truly hope that you enjoy it here. This is hands down the finest bunch of friends you would ever want to have!!!! Congratulations on your baby to be! How cute that your son thinks the baby will arrive "play ready":lol You are a lefty who crochets righty? That's pretty cool!

the "Big cheese" visit went quite well on Friday. He only was displeased that my spring arrangements aren't complete. I knew it was coming, and I am totally cool with it. I have been givien extra hours this week to get them done:clap Other than that, my weekend was.... eventful. I will fill you all in later on, but right now I gotta go get ready to get myself to work...

I'll be back later, in the meanwhile... know I love you guys!

Have a wonderful day!

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning ladies :coffee

Not much new to report from last night. I did put the lining in the hook case while I watched a show, so now just need to but the border on and it's done :clap That was the extent of yesterday crafting :eek

After work today I will run to Michael's and keep my fingers crossed that everything is not picked over by then :xfin

Purple - I think you fit in just fine here :yes Reading patterns isn't too bad, you just need to get the lingo down and take it one step at a time :yes

Sarah - Living room looks great :manyheart And the pics are just awesome, they look like they could be published :yes

Joanne - We're supposed to get 2-4 inches of the white stuff tonight into tomorrow. I think it's flurrying now, but not much. Congrats on the grandson :manyheart

Archived