Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I've just returned from a lovely week at Long Beach Island with my DD, SIL, GS and my sil's mom! We had a glorious time!!!! The house was perfect that we stayed in and the weather cooperated-- nice ocean breezes---although a little chilly at the start of vacation, it warmed up nicely- but not too hot! Perfect!!! It's still early for summer vacations, so it was not crowded ---we had a ball!

We went to Barnegat Lighthouse, played mini golf twice (since Ryan won a free game), went to the ocean and went to the children's beach on the bay which wa the perfect spot for the boys--the ocean water was cold---but the bay water was lovely---and they have sand and a playground and the area for going in the water is fenced off --- The boys and DD and sil went on 'adventures" out to the fence and the deepest the water is was up to Robbie's shoulders! 

The adults played games every night- how enjoyable---and no tV on all week!! Didn't even miss it!!!  We really, really had a great time and it brought back such fond memories of when we took the girls their every summer for a week and my parents came along with us! 

Today is my last day of vacation and back to reality and paradise tomorrow--going to relish every second of my last day off!!!

LeeAnn- Hope that Cristopher is able to land a job--it's so hard to find ....and how fun that Celine is taking a liking to baking_-my Dd's all love to bake---me not so much--except at Christmas time....LOL  Your projects are so nice!!!

Beth- I'm so glad that you are enjoying the new job--sounds like it was the perfect choice for you!

I don't come on to the Ville that much anymore--I spend more time on FB or Ravelry- or actually knitting (still plugging away on youngest DD's blanket) and have a crochet shawl in the works.....Sweater and socks on hold until I finish the blanket. I want that to be done---its about 3/4 of the way finished.......didn't get as much crafty time in on vacation as I planned, but had so much fun playing with the boys---I told my DD  it was the best vacation I'd had in a while! Was so glad that they planned it and included both grandmas---

Have a great day!!!

Joanne, your vacation sounds like a nice little slice of heaven!  How thoughtful of your daughter to plan it and include the grandmothers!  What a great memory for the boys, and for you!  Good luck heading back to Paradise.  It can be hard to head back after a break.  I understand about not being on the 'Ville as much as before.  I don't even turn my computer on every day any more.  It's funny, I'm working fewer hours, but I feel like I have less time.  Maybe because I'm playing in the garden so much.  I picked a pile of peppers today!  Jalapenos and banana peppers.  I'm making pepper poppers tomorrow. 

LeeAnn, I hope you had a wonderful birthday.  How nice of you to offer a special sale on your birthday!  I love hearing how your kids are growing.  Doesn't it happen fast!  My son the mechanic got his first car loan, and purchased a really nice Pontiac GTO.  He takes delivery on it some time next week.  It needed some repairs to be street legal, like the addition of a muffler, and a new windshield.  He's happy.  His twin still hasn't gotten any leads for a job.  She is going to go back to the community college and get her engineering degree.  I think that will help her employability.

I have to work soon.  It's going to be a long day, and I'm just not in the mood.  I guess that's why they pay us to do this.  Have a great day!

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning ladies!

Joanne-what an awesome vacation!  Woohoo!  So glad that you were able to spend time with the grands and the rest of your family.  Knitting sure does take me longer but I am happy to say that I have improved my row time. :yay Can't wait to see your finished afghan.  Is it super hot in your neck of the woods?

Beth-how's it going?  I read your post the other day about being outdoors in the heat..yikes!  I bet you are exhausted at the end of each day.  Do you have anything on the hook these days?

Cristopher has found a part time job in a mechanic shop helping detail cars, he likes it but is still looking for something more as the shop owner only needs him a few hours each week.

Have new ideas for the online shop, guess I better get to work.  Have a great day!  Hugs n squishes!

Hello,

LeeAnn, It's good to hear that Christopher found a job.  My son comes home from his mechanic job as dirty as can be.  He likes it better than lifeguarding, and he loves the pay and weekends off.  He bought another car - a 2006 Pontiac GTO - very sporty, very loud.  He is so happy with his new toy.  I added another project to my WIP list:  I'm making a scarf from Lion Brand Heartland yarn in Olympic blue.  I am hoping it will be a quick and easy project, so I can actually get something done.  I'm so glad your businesses are doing well.  You've worked hard to get where you are!  When it's in the high 90's or 100's, it is draining to work outside.  I have to say the my employer is very careful to keep the outside workers healthy.  We have lots of cold water available, and fans, portable a/c units, and they cut us some slack when it comes to sitting down between customers.  Most of the customers are smart enough to stay home during the really hot times, too.  Luckily, we've had a lot of rainy, cooler weather this week. 

Joanne, I hope things are going great for you.  Have you finished the blanket for your dd yet? 

I am going to Ohio tomorrow after work for a couple of days.  They are finally burying my brother today, nine months after his death.  What can I say?  Ohio has had some monumental weather this past year.  I'll miss the burial, but I will have the opportunity to visit his grave.

Hello!!!!

Busy times in my neck of the woods- DD had surgery (my youngest) on the Wed after vacation- I took off and watched the boys all day- she is doing ok and SIL is off for another week and a half- he has been super!! DD wanted a change of scenery yesterday so I brought her and the boys to our house, while SIL stayed home to work on the floor he is installing in the finished basement- he came over for dinner---

It has been raining like crazy yesterday and is still raining today- kind of depressing since it's on my days off--but what can you do?

Beth- wishing you safe travels  to Ohio- My DD's still haven't decided what they want to do with their father's ashes- and it will be a year 8/3 since his passing.  Hugs!

LeeAnn- that's great that Cristopher found something--positive thoughts that he finds something with a few more hours!

Still working on the knit blanket==about 30-32 more rows and it will be done- I did finish a crochet shawl and have been periodically working on an old mystery ghan that I had started last year and not finished- I'm going to make it smaller- lap ghan size- I've also been doing some reading instead of crafting--and of course being outside when the weather allows

Hugs to you!

Good afternoon ladies!

Is it me or are the days seriously flying by?  I really just can't get over the fact that it is July..wow!  Cristopher will turn 18 on the 24th of this month.. :cry   I am glad that he is growing up into such a nice young man but sad at the same time..soon he will be venturing out on his own.  He has been stopping in to see me for his lunch break.  I try to have some sort of snack for him as I really like spending time with him even if it's for a few minutes.  Celine is here today, she helps so much that I know I will be in a world of hurt when school starts.  She is off with her friend, they walked over to the book store and then the Nestle toll house for a cookie and refreshment.  I try to treat her when she comes and give her extra spending $.

Joanne-soon your afghans will be whipped up then it will be on to Christmas gifts.  Hope your dd is feeling better.  So sorry to hear about the loss of their sweet furry friend.

Beth-hoping that your trip to Ohio goes well.  Will your inventions be going with you?  How's the new scarf coming along? 

I finished another project, a market bag.  I will have to upload the pictures to share with all of you.  It was super easy to make, easy pattern...love those kinds of patterns. I am currently working on a Denver Bronco beanie for my sister, an afghan and a dishcloth and the wrap..goodness I better get another project finished.  Too many on the hook/needles stresses me out.

Guess I better get to work.  Hugs n squishes!

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning ladies!

I am missing all of you!  I thought I would hop on to see if any of you had posted.  Hope your days are being filled with laughter and sunshine!

Here in my neck of the woods, I am still running running running.  Seems like I am more at ease with it all and do not feel as stressed about all of the little details.  What a relief!

Here's a quick peak at the newest finished project. It is a Prayer shawl for a dear friend.  Hugs n squishes!

post-33271-0-28275000-1436976885_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-93430600-1436976899_thumb.jpg

Hi LeeAnn,

Your prayer shawl is just beautiful!!!  I love the color and the pattern.  I hope your friend feels loved and comforted with it.  My sister wrapped herself in an afghan I made for her when her husband died a couple years ago.  She says it felt like a big hug.  It's good to hear that you are adjusting to all the busy-ness of your businesses.  I am worn out from working.  I love the job - talking to people, helping people, working with some very nice people.  Standing on concrete for 6 hours at a time wears me out, though!  I keep bringing home plants.  My yard and gardens look the best they've been in years.

My trip to Ohio was important, but very tiring.  I don't sleep well away from my husband.  I got to see my brother's grave. I'm glad to be home.

Joanne, I hope you are doing well.

Good afternoon ladies!

Beth-being on your feet all day is exhausting!  I bet your dogs are barking :rofl   I hear you and feel your pain.  This week has been busy then slow but standing all day has left my tootsies crying and yelping.  Today I am wearing crocs not the prettiest but a gal can only take so much.  I am glad that your trip to Ohio went well even though I bet it was emotional.   :hug   

Joanne-missing you round here!

Not much going on today, am caught up on all custom orders, everything here in the shop is up and running.  Have a scarf that I am going to finish up this afternoon as well as a knit dishcloth.  

Have any of you crochet socks?  I am going to give it whirl.

Hugs n squishes!

LeeAnn,,  When I get home, I just want to sit down with my legs elevated for an hour or two.  I find that helps a lot!!!  You certainly stay on top of everything.  I am impressed with how much you get done. 

I've made slipper socks, but never "real" socks.  Would crocheted socks be thicker than knit socks?

Amanda harvested two watermelons from our patch this week!  We ate the first one.  It was very juicy, but I prefer mine a bit riper.  Can't wait to see how the second one is!  It's a different type.  The first was a sugar baby.  We are getting lots of peppers.  My tomato plants are full of tomatoes, but the critters have found them, and tend to eat them before I can get to them.  I have netting I need to put up.  I am off tomorrow.  I will make that one of my jobs for the day.

I need to get going.  We have a mandatory meeting at 6:30 this morning, before the store opens.  Have a great day!

Good morning

It's been busy in my neck of the woods!

LeeAnn, love the shawl! I just finished another shawl and it's such an easy pattern that I will make some more and out them aside for Christmas gifts. I've made the York shawlette before and like wearing it with the point in front...more like a scarf/cowl. I also finally finished dd knit blanket and gave it to her yesterday. DH wants one now but I'm thinking that I may make garter squish by Stephen west since that uses bigger needles and yarn doubled. I've never made crochet socks and in fact have the knitted socks on the needles. Must get back to them.

Beth too bad about the tomatoes. That happened to me a couple of years ago. I never got to taste one :-(

Glad the new job is going well. And I'm sure a lot less stressful. Although I can only imagine how tough it is being outside all day. Today we are havin a heat advisory so I'll be so ending it indoors in my ac. With yarn. Lol

Hi Joanne,

no pictures of the finished shawl?  I like to see that it is possible to actually finish a project.  I think I've forgotten how to do that.  Yesterday was so hot.  I was in the garden center (which is outdoors) from 2 til 8, with two 15-minute breaks, and one hour off for lunch.  It was very hot - the heat index was over 100 degrees.  At least my company gives us water.  I spent today resting (and playing video games.)   Your grandsons are just adorable!!!  They are growing way too fast. 

LeeAnn, I am sure you're a busy bee today.  I hope things are going well.

I'm off again tomorrow.  I plan to actually do something constructive.  I need to pick some peppers!

Good morning ladies!

Joanne-it is so nice to see your posts!  I have missed you.  :hug  And you have finished quite a few projects.  What kind of shawl/s are you making?  I was just thinking that I needed to start on Christmas scarves, hooded scarves and smaller items for the shop..it will be here before we know it.  Your grands are growing up super fast!  Can't believe how fast they days and weeks are going.  How is your dh?  Is he up and running?

Beth-yummy!  Your watermelon and peppers sound amazing!  I bet it is so nice eating fresh fruit and veggies that you have harvested.  Wow!  Your temps are hot hot hot!  Here in Colorado, it is already cooling down..winter will be here soon as we have such a short summer/fall.  Did you get to your tomato plants today?

I had a somewhat relaxing weekend. It was my turn to have Saturday off..boy did I rest.  I just sat, knit and watched t.v...movies, recorded shows.  It was GREAT!  The kiddos had went to spend the weekend with my lil sister and brother.  Then on Sunday I cleaned..moved through the house like a tornado..got it all purtied up for the week.  Yesterday it was back to the studio to create..seems like I didn't get tons of product made but I did make a dent on my to do list.

Back to work, hugs n squishes!

Archived