Some good clean fun?!

No new project yet. Trying to decide what I want to do next. Do I want to work on a WIP or start something new? Considering trying to make something with all the Lion Brand Homespun I have using my Knifty Knitter

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TGIF!!!

Good morning-

Marisa- I think that is a great idea- to give your sis the hook case this weekend and save the socks for when you go to visit her (plus no pressure to finish sock #2)!! ;)Hope today is a better day and you enjoy your BB game and time at your parents. Safe travels tonight- especially since your 'co-pilot' will be sound asleep!:lol

Sarah- Sometimes the hardest part of crocheting is deciding what you want to make- at least for me it is!:lol

Time for me to get ready- luckily it's Friday- so I don't really have to think about what to wear- love dress down days!!

Hope you ALL have a good day!

:yawn Are you SURE it's morning?

Joanne, Happy TGIF to you! I hope you enjoy your casual dress day.

Sarah, good luck deciding what to work on next. I'm trying to finish the afghan I started with my Valentine's yarn, then I'm going to make a giant granny square. I still want to make a flannelghan.

Marisa, drive safely!!! The hook case is beautiful. You did a great job with it. Since it's sc, it will be very sturdy, too, even though the hdc would work with the lining.

Stacy, I hope your children are feeling better. No fun when they are sick!

Elizabeth, Are you feeling any better yet? Pregnant and sick do not go together well.

LeaAnn, Did you get the lotion bars made? You seem to get so much done.

Mary, Colleen, and LeaAnne, have a great Friday!

Something to share... :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

I made the pizza dough for today, took the trash containers to the curb, and now I get to relax until time to teach crochet then tutor algebra. It should be a very fun day.

For those who asked, Shrimp Boy is feeling better. He's still coughing, but he doesn't have a fever any more. He came to my house yesterday for algebra -- amazing just how much I missed the kid.

There's a quilt show in town. My IRL crochet buddies and I are planning to go tomorrow.

Good morning ladies :coffee

I'm with Joanne and Beth, TGIF and morning :think

I finished the heel of the first sock last night and started sock #2 and got up to the length of the forefoot done :clap Now it will stay here for the weekend and I'll take home the yarn for the baby blanket that I haven't worked on in a week :eek I'm hoping to start my sweater on sunday :xfin

Sarah - you could always work on a WIP, while trying to decide what new project to start :devil

Joanne - You're right, there's no way I would have sock 2 done on time anyway (I need my deadlines early enough to meet them :lol ) I always build in my procrastination time :rofl I must say that since I started wearing scrubs to work, I save alot of money from shopping (I almost never shop for clothes now) AND everyday is dress down day, I love it :lol

Beth - Glad to hear shrimp boy is feeling better and it's cute that you 'missed' him being around. Enjoy the quilt show........oh, and feel free to take some pics to share :devil

Well ladies, game tonight and then the drive so I definitely won't be back today. Haircut tomorrow late morning (just a trip to get rid of these straggly dead ends :lol ) but I'll try to get in here in the morning before all the hustle and bustle of the day :think

:flowerGood Morning friends!

I agree with all of you, TGIF! Whew, feels like this week flew by but yet had so much to do.

Joanne-it is always wonderful to dress down. I haven't dolled up in awhile! :devil Can you wear jeans on Fridays? My dh can and loves it. When I taught preschool, I always wore jeans and a scrub top..:c9 I like to do many messy activities with the kiddos, it was the perfect uniform for me. I used to make my scrubs, they are super easy.

Marisa-have you tried making scrubs? I bet you can do it. You are so fast, you can whip out a set in no time. I can't believe that you are almost done with sock #2, :2rock I have yet to make a pair. That is hilarious that Mary can fall asleep so fast! wow! I have a difficult time and must do a few breathing exercises before my mind will stop going crazy. Have fun at your parents house!

Sarah-finding just the right project always takes time, course I always have a stack of WIPS:devil I have a knifty knitter too, let me know how it works for ya, I just can't seem to get into it. My dd likes making scarves with it, however it takes her forever as she has lots of wips too:rofl

Beth-your day sounds fantatic! We are having left overs for dinner, chile beans...:clap I get the night off from cooking. Glad to hear that shrimp boy is feeling better. What colors are you going to use for your giant granny? those are my fav. I could do grannies every day.

Elizabeth-how's it going in your neck of the woods? hopefully you can squeeze some :hook time in?

Colleen, Stacy & Mary-hope all is well.

Kathi is coming over for lunch. I am excited! I miss having company. Oh and ya all would be soo proud of me, thank you Marisa for the link again. I finally found what I was looking for and spoke to the right people and printed out the small tax license-not a bus. license but the same thing and will have to drive it up to Pueblo next week and then I will be on my way towards my dream!

time to get off the :c9and get cleaning and tidying up. BBl! Have the best day ever!

hugs n squishes!

Afternoon ladies!

Beth- I feel great, thanks for asking, just have this annoying cough that is not going away but I don't feel sick anymore. I am thinking in another week or so it will go away cuz is slowly getting better.

Thanks for the link to the flannelghan. Would love to see a finished one that I could hold in my hands and see for myself. Looks pretty cool in the pics.

Marisa- I need to get my hair trimmed too. Thanks for the reminder lol.

LeeAnn- I did get time to work on my babyghan last night while Bean (3yo son's nickname) was in the tub. I sat in the bathroom and sewed 3 more rows together while he played in the bubbles. He soaked in there for an hour befor he decided he had played enough lol. After I got my shower I worked for another hour be for we were both really tired and decided to call it a night. DH had give up 2 hours be for then lol. Worked for about 15 more mins. this morning be for I have to go cook breakfast.

I don't know all the story on you getting your license but sounds like it is going good for you!

When DH got home last night I told him we were not going to put it off anymore. We have been going over and over names for months now but never settling on any one for the baby. Told him he was not going to get any sleep until he helped me make a decision. We have finally chosen one and promised each other we would no change our minds again. Here is the name: Ian Joshua! My mother said Joshua Ian sounded better but Josh is my brothers name. That is why we wanted it as a middle name to keep down the confusion.

Hi Ladies

First off, Welcome Elizabeth.

How is everyone doing???

We have been very busy here. Dh painted the Livingroom/diningroom/kitchen. I helped the first day but my hand just wouldn't let me help anymore. So I got to do the taping and putting paper on the floor. We painted it a pretty sage green. Iam really happy with it.

I have been working on my stock for the shows. Iam doing really well on the sweaters and I just stop when my hand hurts. About my hand, it is getting better but when I move it certain ways it still hurts. Iam still wearing the cast that I can take off.

Oldest DD and GK 's are coming here for the March break. Iam soooooo excited.

Well that is all the news here.

Have a great weekend

Lots of Love:hug:manyheart

Mary- Sage green is a great calming color! I have my living room, dining room and hall in a nice pale green- and my bedroom in another shade of light green (and green isn't even my favorite color) But I do love green on walls- there is just something very relaxing about it!!! Have fun with the GK's!!! when are they coming in March? Glad to hear that you are able to crochet and build up stock for the craft show

LeeAnn- great news about the bus license So happy for you that you are on your way to your dream!!!

Beth- Enjoy pizza and glad to hear Shrimp boy is feeling better. Enjoy the quilt show- sounds like a lot of fun!!!!

Elizabeth- All I can tell you about the flannel'ghan is that I've made three- I did HDC instead of DC- It is my DH's absolutely favorite thing. He ALWAYS has it on- even walks around with it around his shoulders. I made one for my DD's BF and he Loves it and I finally made one for me and I love it. You won't be sorry if you decide to make one!!

To the rest of my friends- off for the night and i'll see you in the AM

Evening all!

Elizabeth-your lil Bean sounds like suc a sweetie pie! My nickname for my son is Tito, his real name is Cristopher-he likes being called Cris, but I do not like it...don't know why, but it drives me crazy. So instead I call him Tito. Celine our daughter started calling him that when she was a baby and it stuck. Celine we call her Leenie. But I do love her name too. Ian Joshua is a beautiful name! Congratulations on picking before the baby arrives. My sister didn't pick my nephews name until he was born. I was afraid that he was going to be "baby" for forever. :lol

Joanne-I do agree, flannel ghan's are the best. That will be my next project. I am so glad that you will be able to relax tomorrow. :hug

Mary-sage green sounds lovely! Green is so calming. How neat!

I finally finished the border but am tucking in ends. I will post a pic tomorrow.

hugs n squishes!

:coffee Happy Weekend Everyone!

I hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start. I've got to make a batch of meatballs for a family party this afternoon. Then DD has dance. I had my girls night out last night and enjoyed chatting.

I won't do indies right now, but I'm thinking about you all!

Good morning!

I slept in this morning!:D First time in a long time- didn't get up till 7:45 which is late for me!!!

I'm happy to say I feel well rested and ready to tackle the day.

Colleen have fun at the family party!!

Marisa- Have fun at your Dad's unbirthday celebration! It must be great to be with your sis and fam. Did Mary fall asleep on the way there?

The washer is done so time to get those in the dryer and start another load.

Hope you all have a great day- and like Colleen- thinking of you all- but no time now for more indie posts!!!

:hug:hug:hug

Good morning! I woke up at 3 this morning, sneezing and sniffling, so I took some sinus medication, and now I'm a bit loopy, so I'm going to copy my heroes -- Colleen and Joanne-- and skip the individual greetings.

I am not going to the quilt show after all. I'm staying home until this stuff wears off. It is nice to breathe though.

Have a fun Saturday

:hi all!

It has been busy as usual here so I didn't get a chance to come back the other day. (BTW, we watched the Sopranos, instead of a movie. :lol) I finished the mittens for my mom's friend, just have to mail them off. I will take a picture before I send them this time, though. :lol

Isabella's team tied their game today. :clap So proud of these kids- they have really pulled together and worked as a team for the past 2 games. They only have 3 left, then the playoffs. Isabella is already talking about playing next "season," and Mia wants to play, also.

Mia fell asleep as soon as we got home. I hope she's not coming down with something else. :blush Dh went back to the Y to run on the treadmill, and I have a ton of reading to do, but I had to stop in here first.

Beth, I hope your sniffles clear up soon.

Marisa, have fun with your family! Your hook case is beautiful, and I love the colors of yarn you picked out.

Colleen, glad you had fun on your girls' night out. :manyheart

Leeann, have fun with Kathi!! WTG on getting your small tax forms. :h5

Joanne, are you working a 12-day week right now? Or is this weekend the calm before the storm? :hug:hug:hug Have you seen Trader Joe's new coffee? It is called Coffee a Cocoa, and it is super-yum-ness! :manyheart I tried it at the sample kiosk, but haven't purchased any yet, because my mom sent me two bags of Starbucks new "flavor infusions" coffee for Valentine's Day.

Mary, glad to hear you are able to build your stash for your next show. Your new paint sounds beautiful- I also love pale green in the house. It is very calming, as Joanne mentioned.

Elizabeth, congrats on picking a baby name! I think it is adorable. :manyheart We had our oldest and youngest names picked out by the second trimester, but my middle dd's name was chosen by flipping a coin in the operating room. :lol The squares for your baby'ghan are beautiful! Can't wait to see a :photo of it when finished. As for the flannel'ghan- I have made 5 of them, and they are so wonderful!!! Super-warm and cozy. The first one (dh's) is in dc, and the rest are in hdc- hdc is so much easier to join, for some reason. :yes Good luck, if you make one- you will love it!

Well, I better get moving and finish up the laundry so I can get to reading. We have decided not to get another washer until we move in August. I've found a really nice laundromat down the street (owned by the same people as the one where I made the laundromat-ghan :lol) and I have been taking my homework there to study while doing the laundry. It actually works out nicely. :D

Love and hugs all around!!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Stacy- Sounds like you are keeping things together- and that probably does work well getting to read/study while doing the laundry!!! I haven't tried the new TJ's coffee- actually I haven't been there in a few weeks- I may go tomorrow - otherwise it'll probably be 2 more weeks- it's about a 25-30 min ride to TJ's and with the cost of gas these days, I need to plan my treks accordingly.

This weekend IS the calm before the storm- I work next weekend so Monday starts the 12 day week- and I have to work late Monday night to start the whole thing off! Oh, well, nothing I can do about it other than rest up this weekend. Cleaning is done, laundry is done, grocery shopping is done. So the rest of the weekend is ME time- crocheting, reading, and chilling!!! Tomorrow DH wants to go to a coffee shop that is a few town's over since they have Sunday Jazz. I'm up for doing that - and bringing my crochet along!

Beth- Hope you feel better and sorry that you didn't get to go to the quilt show!

To All of you- have a wonderful rest of the evening- sending hugs to all!

:hi everyone,

The meatballs turned out great and the party was a success. DD loves parties. Now I'm curled up on the couch with an e-book. I'm enjoying some classics this winter. I'm reading Jane Eyre right now, in prep for the new movie that comes out soon.

Stacy - The laundry mat sounds like a great place to escape to homework. Are you planning to move away from the roomie arrangement in August?

Joanne - Your weekend sounds restful and relaxing. Enjoy.

Beth - Take care of yourself.

:hi to everyone else. I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Back to Jane and Rochester!

Joanne, I don't blame you for keeping an eye on the gas! It is so expensive these days. Thank goodness the girls attend the same school now- I can't imagine how much it would cost these days, to drive as much as I did last year. :eek Enjoy your "you" day tomorrow. :hug:hug

Colleen, yes, we are planning to move away from the roomie arrangement in August. We have an option to renew our lease for a third year, but it is just too stressful. Truly, you don't know someone until you live with them. :(

I have to finish my reading for history, but it is so monotonous. :yawn The book has a biography of a woman from a particular era (right now I am reading about Eliza Pinckney,) and the chapter afterward describes life in general from that era. The biography is interesting, but the material afterward is so contradictory- makes for a really difficult read. But I have an essay exam on Monday, so I need to work through it.

Colleen- Enjoy your reading!! I loved Jane Eyre- but it was many, many years ago when I read it! Glad that the party was a success!

Stacy- Are you going to stay in the same area where you are now? It's probably for the best that you will be leaving the roomie situation. So true about not knowing someone until you live with them!!!! Keep plugging away at the reading- no matter how contradictory it seems- it's all about getting through the classes to reach your goal!!!

I've been catching up on some shows I have on DVR --just love watching when I can fast forward through the commercials. I've been working on the blanket for my grandson-to-be!!

Back to the hook!

A grandson!!! :clap:clap:clap Did I miss a post, or is this the official announcement? How exciting!!

We are hoping to stay in the area. :xfin I really want the girls to stay at the same school. I think it's important that they have stability during their early school years. :yes

Good evening friends!

Sorry I have been MIA, we have had a relaxing day. what bliss!

Joanne-your baby ghan sounds so sweet. awww! The 12 day week will be here soon, enjoy your time with dh tomorrow. I can't get over the rising cost of everything from sugar to gas. whew! Scared me!

Stacy-glad to hear that Saturday games are going well. I have not had a roomate since I was a teenager, but I hated every minute of it. I feel for you. Nothing like having your own space.

Colleen-your meatballs sound delicious!

Beth-hope you feel better!

Not much going on in our neck of the woods, I am still tucking in ends but am hoping to completely finish it tomorrow. I should have done it as I went along....but I was lazy and am paying the price.

going to read a bit before calling it a night.

hugs n squishers!

Evening everyone!

Was a beautiful day. Started out in the 30s and ended up in the 60s by this afternoon. Was so nice driving around all day with the windows down and enjoying the sun! Had to work like I do every Saturday but since it was so nice I hardly noticed all the mail we had.

Got to work on my babyghan a little more last night. Need to make 2 rounds all the way around it and will be done!

Hope everyone else had a good day today and has a good night, what is left of it.

Well I found my next project. Though it's not crochet. It's embroidery. I found a kit today when I went thrift store hopping for 2 sea shell pictures that's 20+ years old, but still had everything in it and was still sealed. So I bought that for $2.17 I may end up having to get a bigger embroidery hoop though as the one I have is rather small as it's from a kit I got when I was pregnant with Keith. I'll be so glad when we can get my stuff down from WA and get at all my craft supplies (Which hopefully will be summer next year) It's so frustrating having to buy stuff I know I already have =0(

A grandson!!! :clap:clap:clap Did I miss a post, or is this the official announcement? How exciting!!

We are hoping to stay in the area. :xfin I really want the girls to stay at the same school. I think it's important that they have stability during their early school years. :yes

I do believe I had mentioned this before-:think But yes, she found out it's a boy!! I'm so excited since like you I have three girls!!! It will be a nice change of pace to welcome a little boy into the family!!! I agree, that it is important to have stability- that is one reason we didn't move out of the town we were in when we moved from one house to another. Hope you got lots of reading done for your exam on Monday!

¯`·´¯)...............。☆。*。☆。

`·.,(¯`·´¯)..........★。\|/。★

(¯`·´¯).·´(¯`·´¯)...♥ Good Morning ♥

..` ·.·´(¯`·´¯).....★。/|\。★

......`·.,(¯`·´¯)........。☆。¯`·´¯)...............。☆。*。☆。

Welcome to Sunday- my last day of relaxing for a while!!!

I got up early and am planning to start a present for my middle DD whose birthday is in a few weeks. She loves handmade gifts from me and even though I bought her an ice-cream maker that I know she has wanted, I really want to give her something handmade. I'm thinking of a poncho or shawl with Homespun- have to look at some patterns and then decide.

I made good progress on the baby blanket while catching up on some shows I had on DVR. I'm going to set the blanket aside while I work on something for DD- can't believe her birthday is less than 2 wks away! With all the hours I'm going to be working, I sure hope I can get something made for her!

I'm going to grab a cup of coffee and peruse some patterns. I'd like to start something so I can bring it with me to work on at the cafe while listening to some jazz and sipping coffee!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Archived