Some good clean fun?!

Hey all!

Joanne, can't wait to see that blanket. It sounds so pretty! I love breakfast any time of day, also. Yum!

Marisa, sounds like you had a yummy dinner, too! How sweet of your mom to take soup to you. :manyheart Glad she made it safely to Phoenix.

LeaAnne, thanks for checking in! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Honestly, our washer is way too old to warrant the cost of being fixed. We had the one from MIL but that one broke as dh and FIL tried to connect it. So, it will be the laundromat until we can get another one.

My first astronomy homework was posted tonight, and dh was soooo excited to read it! :lol So I think I will have plenty of help, if I need it. :yes

Well, my eyes are slowly closing, so I better get going. Good night!! :sleep

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My valentine's yarn came in yesterday! 5 pounds - 16 skeins. I got it from caron.com. You don't get to pick your yarn, it's just packaged and mailed to you, but I love everything I got! I have a lavender and soft yellow that will be a baby blanket, a dark green, that hasn't told me what it wants to grow up to be yet, and a green multi and a white which are becoming a striped afghan which should fit my bed when it's done. There are a lot of mistakes in the yarn, but it was so inexpensive, and it's so soft. I think I like Joann's price better, though, without shipping, and getting to pick the color you get -- that's a good deal.

Marisa, love the socks. You did a great job. I'm glad you got them done in time.. It sounds like you had a great visit with your mom. Hooray for homemade anything, but a big pot of soup -- excellent!

Joanne, hooray for breakfast for dinner! It sounds good. I would love to get some more bagels, but mine were a lot more than 110 calories!!!

Stacy, it's awesome that you got in the class you wanted. It sounds like a very busy semester for you. Is it an 8 week period?

LeaAnne, so glad you popped in to say hi. Did you get all the work done you wanted to?

LeaAnn, is your dd feeling any better? I loved Don Quixote when I took Spanish.

Mary, how are the grandchildren?

Colleen, what's up with your daughter?

Sarah, how are things?

Well, the neighbor cat is yowling on my front porch. I think I'll see what he wants before he wakes the family

See you later!

Good morning!

Stacy- that's great that DH is as excited as you for your astronomy class!!! Wonder if you could find a used washer? Seems that there are lots of people that give things away or sell them cheap just because they want something better. Just a thought...

Beth- Yay for new yarn!!! I've never ordered from them before, but I know that the mill ends I just bought were from Caron--Have fun playing with it- and let us know what the dark green decides it wants to be!

LeaAnne- I'm having my coffee- and about ready to get ready for paradise- sorry I missed you this morning

Colleen, Mary, LeeAnn, Marisa---Have a great hump day!

Good morning ladies :hi

My mom sent a pic to my phone last night of the boys with their blankets and wearing their socks :D It was cute for sure, if I get a chance later (and remember :think ) I get on from my phone and post the pic.

I have a dr appt at 1 today, on my lunch break so I'm sure it'll really just feel like a long day. But on the upside, it should reach 50 out there today :clap:yay

Catch y'all later

Good Morning friends!

Joanne-you are whipping out those square quicly! Awesomeness! You are crocheting super fast. I have never used mill ends, what are they exactly?

Beth-How sweet and kind of your ds's to go the extra mile for Valentines day! Congratulations on the new yarn! I love new yarn! Something about it, that gives me a pep in my step.

Marisa-the socks are absolutely wonderful! I can't get over how fast you crochet. Really, it's amazing!

Stacy-I'm so happy that you were able to get into the Astronomy class, fantastic! Being without a washer is the pits, ours broke a few years ago, dh tried to fix it to no avail. We last a week without it and then went out and bought a new one. My father in-law was able to fix the old one after about a month of trial and error and new parts, but I loved the new one much better as it is water efficient and so quiet. He kept it, good thing, his washer broke soon afterward and he had a replacement handy.

Colleen-how ya doing?

Mary-keeping busy?

Sarah-how was your Valentine's day?

Dd is feeling somewhat better, she still has a cough but she did go back to school. Yesterday was like a whirlwind of events. I am planning on slowing down for the rest of the week. I am feelig a little overwhelmed. Best get the day started. BBL!

hugs n squishers!

Very busy right now. Trying to finish painting the living room and clear everything out as we'll probably be putting the carpet in on Saturday (assuming the weather cooperates)

Hi Ladies

Sorry I have been missing but my computer was down and it just got fixed. I don't have time right now to catchup with everyone, Iam just heading out the door.

My arm is alot better now. I just wear the cast when my arm really hurts. Iam still making sweaters and Iam hoping to have a good stock for the coming shows.

DH and I are still haveing our moments but for the most part things are going good.

Iam hoping to get the painting done on the weekend , if my arm and the weather are both good.

Hope everyone is great

Talk to you Later

Lots of Love

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Yay for red post from Mary!!! Glad to hear that your arm is doing well. And don't we all have moments with DH's???? I know I do!! As good as he can be---there are times I just want to be left alone!!! I'm glad you are able to crochet!

Marisa- Can't wait to see the pics of the boys with the afghans and socks!! Hope all went well today- and that your MD appt went well.

LeeAnn- I don't crochet that fast- really I don't! But this square pattern is mindless- don't have to think about it, so it goes quickly. I'm going to see about sewing the squares together tonight and may leave it the size it is. I'm thinking it will probably be good for a stroller blanket. You have been on a whirlwind lately so it's probably a good thing to take it easy today. Glad to hear DD is feeling better.

Sarah- Fingers crossed that the weather cooperates so that you can get the carpet on Saturday!!!! Good luck with finishing the painting.

Colleen- How are things in your neck of the woods? I've been wondering how you and DH are doing with the WW? I am down 8 lbs- and that seems to be where I've plateaued. Have you heard anything on the job front?

Stacy- How were your classes today? I forgot to comment on the cute dinosaur pics I saw on FB that Isabella did- very cute!

LeaAnne- Did you get in any hooky time yesterday? How's the Ashlar coming along?

Good evening ladies :hi

My couch is anxiously awaiting my arrival so am going to be brief and skip the individual posts :hug :hug

The day was long, but overall went pretty quickly. My appointment was quick and hopefully I don't hear back from him that I need another colposcopy :xfin I went to Joann's after work where I walked around aimlessly for a while and got yarn for a baby blanket for a cousin in a green, white, and a varigated since she doesn't know if it's a boy or a girl. And I got the right size knitting needles to attempt a sweater....now I just need the yarn :lol

Catch y'all in the AM

Good evening friends!

Marisa-get rest, I didn't know that you knit? I have attempted on several occasions, but found it extremely difficult. I couldn't get the hang of it. Good luck with it!

Joanne-can't wait to see your baby ghan, how sweet! I love the colors too! WTG on the wieght loss! Fantastic!

Mary-so happy to see your post! Glad that you can crochet and are making sweaters.

Sarah-hope you are able put the carpet in.

Beth-how was your day?

LeaAnne-how ya dong?

Stacy-what's a happenin?

Today was a relaxing day for me. I decided to take a break from everything. I tidied up the house then sat and crocheted. Was able to connect 28 squares for my ghan and have 14 more to attach. I can't believe that I had all those squares done. Glad that I am getting a WIP done. Oh and have an order for an Easter saop basket! Gosh, just picked up some of the baskets that didn't sell, but they will not be wasted. I can re-package and make them different. I also have a soap mold for eggs, soo neat!

going to sit and read for a bit!

hugs n squishes!

Good evening friends!

Marisa-get rest, I didn't know that you knit? I have attempted on several occasions, but found it extremely difficult. I couldn't get the hang of it. Good luck with it!

Joanne-can't wait to see your baby ghan, how sweet! I love the colors too! WTG on the wieght loss! Fantastic!

Mary-so happy to see your post! Glad that you can crochet and are making sweaters.

Sarah-hope you are able put the carpet in.

Beth-how was your day?

LeaAnne-how ya dong?

Stacy-what's a happenin?

Today was a relaxing day for me. I decided to take a break from everything. I tidied up the house then sat and crocheted. Was able to connect 28 squares for my ghan and have 14 more to attach. I can't believe that I had all those squares done. Glad that I am getting a WIP done. Oh and have an order for an Easter saop basket! Gosh, just picked up some of the baskets that didn't sell, but they will not be wasted. I can re-package and make them different. I also have a soap mold for eggs, soo neat!

going to sit and read for a bit!

hugs n squishes!

I'm a VERY sloooooowwwwww knitter :lol And, I only know the basics :xfin I'm hoping to pull it off.

Good morning!!

Marisa- I'm sure you will be able to pull it off! And you can break up the slow knitting with some fast crocheting!!!

LeeAnn- That's great that you got an Easter order already! And WTG on sewing all those squares together. Me, I didn't do any crocheting (or sewing squares together) last evening. I ended up going to bed at 9PM- but feel well rested and ready to tackle another day!

Stacy- Hope you are settling into a routine with school- and having to add trips to the laundromat in between everything will be a challenge I'm sure. I give you lots of credit for all that you are doing- especially being such a great mama!!

Beth- So did you start anything with your Valentine's yarn?

Oh, LeeAnn- just remembered that you asked what Mill end yarns are. AC Moore sells 1 lb packages of mill ends as does Caron.com- They are actually cheaper at Caron.com for 3.99 each (although there is shipping). They usually sell at ACM for about 6.00/bag- however, this week are on sale 2/$8 which makes it the same price as Caron.com and there is no shipping. Mill end yarn is yarn that is left over at the end of a production run. It is usually sold by the pound in a plastic bag without a wrapper on it. Skeins maybe misshaped, irregular or sometimes smaller then a regular skein. But the package equals a pound of yarn.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Just dropping in to say good morning, but gotta get moving to go get my shower and hit the road for work. I also hope to have time to stop for gas on the way, otherwise, it'll have to wait until after work.

I hope you all have a wonderful day :hug :hug

:hi everyone! I don't know where the days go. Actually, I wasn't feeling so hot for the end of last week through Monday. I had my tetanus shot on Wednesday and it wiped me out for a few days. I feel much better now and am greatful for feeling good!

I've been busy as usual. WW is going great, Joanne. I'm down 9 lbs and I've set my end goal for 3 more lbs. DH is still at 16 lbs. We entertained on the weekend and that was definitely a challenge. I thought I could make the same kind of foods I always make and just behave myself...:no So next time I'll make a WW-friendly spread. :yes

No news on the job front. I e-mailed yesterday for an update, but I haven't heard anything. Either they are too busy to think about it or I didn't get it, but I'm good. Still babysitting (which keeps me very busy but is getting easier now that I'm getting more relaxed about it) and I'm happy to be earning that way.

DD is doing great. Healthy, energetic and bossy as always LOL. I was at the school to help with a science program in her class room yesterday morning. I'm still volunteering with my ESL students and the Grade 6 class I work with.

We have above freezing temps and the snow is slowly melting. It makes for very wet boots and snowpants, but it is nice to get some warm air for a change. This is our first time above freezing since New Years, so it is a most welcome thaw. Makes me feel kind of spring feverish! :dreaming We might even see grass by tomorrow. This weekend is a long weekend here (Monday is Family Day), so that helps with those mid-February blahs too.

I've got my load of laundry done for the day and I put together a spinach and mushroom lasagna that just needs to be baked for supper. The kids played outside for over an hour this morning while my neighbour and I supervised from our lawn chairs on the driveway :lol (those are the moments being a SAHM are golden). We went to the library. I just offered the kids a TV show for a rest and they opted to read :eek .... :think .....:clap

I hope you are all well. I'm not doing a very good job at keeping up but I think about you all! :hug:hug:hug

Colleen- So nice to hear from you- and I remember those SAHM days with my DD's playing outside with friends and me and some mom's sitting in our chairs watching!!

Hope you all had a good day- but it's already almost 8 and I haven't done a stitch of anything- so off I go for the night!!!

See you in the AM

Hi, all!

sorry I missed you for coffee yesterday... I ended up oversleeping, and was wisking myself (and these crazy chickens) right out the door!:lol

Marisa - WTG on getting knitting needles to try a sweater! I really want to learn to knit... my Aunt Sue tried to show me, but she said I do it backwards:think I will be praying that you won't be needing any colonoscopy!

Joanne - Can't wait to see your patch-ghan... and if it's 12 or 9. Either way, it sounds beautiful!:manyheart How is your DD feeling? Is she getting morning sickness?

Stacy - Woot for Astronomy class! And glad to hear that you will be getting homework help :wink. I hope you don't have to wait too very long for a new washer... we were without one for a couple of months, and it was the PITS!:yuck

LeeAnn - WTG on getting Easter orders already! Sounds like you have yourself quite a business venture, girl! I am so very proud of you!:hug Were you able to get your paperwork figured out?

Beth - Hooray for your Valentine's yarn!!! and for it telling you already (for the most part) what it wants to be when it grows up!:c9 You just gotta love when your yarn is not shy about sharing it's feelings! :heehee

What did the neighbor's meowler want this morning? I thought it was funny that he rushed you right off the computer like that!

Colleen - Great to hear from you, Bestie! I am glad that you are settling in and are more relaxed about the babysitting. Be diligent about that pending job... I kept calling till i got mine:wink

Hooray for the February thaw! Wow! You might see grass this weekend? How very cool! tomorrow is going to be 60F here they say... but we still have a good 2 feet on the grass. Also, a great big congrats on WW!!!!! Only 3 pounds to your goal must feel sooooo wonderful!

Mary-Mary, sister Mary! It was so nice to see that red post today, and I am glad that you are well on the mend! :xfin that the weather and your arm cooperate so you can get to your painting!

Sarah - Speaking of painting... did you finish? What kind of carpet are you getting? I hope it's something easy to keep and in a color that is happy:U. Have you been stitchin'? How are your 2 men doing?

Shannon and Vicki - :hi!

I am almost caught up at work. All of the racks have been sorted and organized:whew. That felt really great to finish! tomorrow we have another visit from the regional manager, who is quite partial to flowers. I hope he is pleased with how things are looking! Other than that, I have about a dozen spring arrangements to finish up tomorrow, and to decorate just my rack tops and the top of 1 shelf.

Oh, and my Ashlar? It's pattern is getting a makeover! She is changing her name to "the Re-hash-lar":lol The pattern is rewritten up to row 4 so far.... i guess my mind needing some bending:devil It's a fun puzzle, and as you know, it's how I roll!:rofl

That's about it from here.... I hope you all have a great evening, and a wicked awesome Friday!!!!

Love & :hug:hug:hug to you all!

Good evening ladies :hi

Not much going on here. Work went pretty quickly again and now I had some supper and am checking and then will move to the couch with :yarn , :hook , and american idol :D I think I might make the 9 patch that Joanne is doing up, since she mentioned how easy it was ;) I'm also thinking I'll add a border on each square before joining :think

I also want to check out Michael's website to order some of the Charisma of their brand to use for this sweater. I've never used it, but have been hearing wonderful things about it :think

Colleen - glad to hear you are feeling better.

Joanne - How was work?

LeaAnne -I don't do much knitting, but would like to get it some more practice. It's just hard to work on the knitting when I know I can reach the finish line sooooo much quicker with crochet :lol Oh and it's a colposcopy (cervix) , not a colonoscopy (colon) very confusing I know, esp if you're not really paying attention to the letters :eek

I didn't get the job. I think I kinda figured I didn't. They want someone who can work way more hours than I am interested in right now. So, I'm going to enjoy the babysitting gig while it lasts and soak up all the SAHM moments I can. Thank you all for your support.

Have a great night everyone! Tomorrow is Friday :clap

Oh ya, almost forgot. I got invited to my 20 year high school reunion today. 20???? How did that happen?

:hi all!

Marisa, glad to hear your day went quickly. Have fun with the 9-patch- now I'm tempted to go over and look at it, even though I have no one to make it for. :shrug Charisma is a really nice yarn, I love to use it for hats and scarves, but I would think it's too thick for a sweater. :think Would be pretty soft, though. Can't wait to see how it works out for you. :yes

LeaAnne, it's always so nice to see your cheery posts. :hug I'm glad to hear all is well on your end, friend. Can't wait to see how your re-hash-lar turns out! I think it is fabulous that you are able to tweak patterns to your liking. If I don't stick with a pattern- I'm a goner! :lol Good luck with the regional manager tomorrow.

Colleen, great to hear from you! Sorry you haven't heard about the job, but it sounds like you have a great attitude about it. :tup Hooray for thawing! I hope you get to see your grass soon. And WTG with WW- that is awesome-ness! :yay

Leeann, somewhere I missed that you are already getting Easter orders- that is awesome!!! I am so proud of you and your business venture! :hug:hug:hug

Beth, :yay for Valentine's yarn! Too cool. And that it has already told you what it wants to be. I love it when yarn talks. :lol Hope the kitty didn't keep you for too long this morning.

Mary, so good to see your red typing!! Glad to hear your hand is feeling better. :hug:hug:hug I'm with Joanne- we all have those moments with our dh's. :yes Hope it's nothing too serious. :hug:hug:hug

Today after I dropped off the girls- I came home and just relaxed. I felt a little guilty, but I really needed it- I was so crabby this morning, and I know it's because the first half of the week was insane. :eek Then I had class at 11. My soc. professor is really cool, too- I'm very happy with my classes this semester. :yes Tomorrow the campus is closed for a long weekend, so Eva and I will go and do the laundry and some grocery shopping. We are headed to El Centro this weekend (completely last-minute,) for BIL's birthday.

As for the washer- dh doesn't want to replace it, since we will most likely be moving in August. I don't know if I can wait that long, though- going to the laundromat twice or three times a week gets pretty old. :blush We shall see.

Well, I'm off to :hook. Got a long weekend ahead of me, so I figure I'll take my homework and do it there, and just relax tonight. Good night, besties!! :ghug

:morecoffee good morning, friends!

Marisa- :oops:blush ...my bad on the misread! I hope that everything works out and that you don't need the colposcopy! I have had both tests, and neither are very much fun. although i will say that the prep for a colposcopy is much more comfortable:lol

Colleen - so sorry that you didn't get the job:hug. I love that you are at peace with it, tho.... Have a wonderful SAHM day! Are you going to your reunion?

Stacy - so glad that you are loving all of your courses this semester! Are you planning another laundromat ghan?:drool Perhaps Jorge could help with the laundering if he doesn't want to replace your washer?:devil

Joanne and Beth - good morning!:D I hope you have a great day!

Mary, LeeAnn, Sarah, Shannon and Vicki - Happy Friday, friends!

My chickens are on vacation next week... one last get up for them, and then it's a week off! :woo

Have a wonderful day, everyone! I gotta go get ready... going in to work at 7 today, to make sure I have everything all purty for the regional guy! :xfin that I get the essentials done before he arrives! Mr. stitchintime is doing the drop off's for me today:clap

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hugall around!

Good morning and welcome to Friday!!! A sixty degree spring teasing Friday to boot!!!

LeaAnne- Hope all goes well with the regional mgr- I'm sure it will- no doubts in my mind!

Stacy- Enjoy your weekend and hope you got in lots of relaxing time. Hey, maybe since you have to go to the laundromat again, you can make my flannel'ghan? (just kidding- now that I made my own, you can take that off your list of things to make):lol I'm glad that you are enjoying your classes. I really liked all of my sociology classes- to me it's very interesting. When you move, will you be going it alone this time? (you know- just you and DH and DD's) Oh, and the pups!

Colleen- You have a great attitude about the job! We have grass now- it re-appeared a couple of days ago after being missing since Dec 26! Ok, it's brown and ugly, but it's not WHITE!

Beth, Mary, Marisa, LeeAnn- Can't respond individually-I just realized what time it is and I've got to get ready for paradise!

Have a great day!:hug

Hi all.

Happy Friday to you! I'm a little ticked -- was typing a nice, long post, and my fingers tapped the wrong keys on this little keyboard, and it all went bye bye! So I'm just going to wish you a good day, pass out hugs, and talk about my life. (Borrrrrrrring!)

Today I tutor Shrimp Boy, teach my homeschool crochet group, and take Shrimp Boy and dd on their bowling date. Yesterday, I met my IRL crochet friends. One of them is destashing, so the other friend and I adopted a bunch of yarn. I brought home 17 skeins! So I'm in yarn heaven. My stashbusting score isn't very good, though. Tomorrow, there's a swim meet, so my entire afternoon is shot. My dd has two extra practices with dance. she's learning an African dance and a lyrical dance. I can't wait to see them. The lyrical is always Sooooo pretty!

I hope you all have a great TGIF day! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

:whew it's been a while since I got up early enough to have coffee with you all. TGIF!!! :D:clap:yay

My weekend looks pretty tame. Clean the house and turtles, maybe a load of laundry, crochet and read, and on sunday wash the car and stop at Michaels to look for yarn. That about covers it and I hope nothing pops up :xfin

Colleen - I'm only going on 15 years and can I just say that my class didn't even have a 10 year reunion! I wonder if they'll plan something for our 20 year :think Sorry you didn't get the job :hug It just wasn't meant to be :wink

Stacy - Bring Eva something to keep her occupied with at the laundromat and at least you can get some classwork done while you're there...gotta look at the bright side :yes As for the sweater, I've never used the Michael's brand but have heard wonderful things about it. The pattern does call for a #5 bulky yarn and I felt the same way about the thickness, but who am I to second guess the pattern :lol

leaAnne - I agree with the tests, if I HAD to choose one, it would be this one :lol Good luck with the regional visit today :hug

Joanne - It's supposed to reach 69 here today!! :eek And I have to be in work all day :( Oh well, it'll drop back to the 40's over the weekend. Guess I'm not meant to enjoy it :no

Have a great friday everyone :hug

Good Day friends!

I tell ya, life has been so hectic that I can't catch a break. :lol

Joanne-I bet you will have your ghan finished this weekend? Can't wait! Any other exciting plans for the weekend?

Beth-you are a busy mama! Hope you get a few minutes if not an hour to relax.

Stacy-I kinda like going to the laundry mat, ya get all of your laundry done in one whack! And I always read, so it was kinda nice, excluding the cost tho. :think Your weekend sounds fun!

LeaAnne-I hope that you were able to get everything done before the main taco arrived. You are just like a ray of sunshine, I love reading your posts!

Marisa-I don't remember if I posted about your socks, but they were fantastico!!!!! you do such great work!

Colleen-sorry to hear about the job. Staying home definately has it's perks! I bet the kiddo you babysit is having a grand time!

Mary-did you get to the painting yet?

Sarah-hope you can get the carpet installed tomorrow. how's your little one?

Yesterday was a bit hectic, as much as I say that I am going to relax and not dash here and there,...I do! We have been having a few problems with dd's teacher and the amount of homework that she has been giving. 2-3 hours...ggrrrrr... dh had called her, left her a message and emailed her. Her reply was not what we were expecting, she denies ever giving homework...I don't know how she thinks that, but I called her last night to no avail and then stopped at the school this morning for a meeting between her, the principal and dh. I hope that we straightened everything out but I am not impressed and am really wishing that I could transfer dd to another classroom. I could go on and on..going to clean to get my mind off things..BBL!

hugs n squishes dearest friends!

Archived