Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah - I LOVE your arrangement!!!! It looks just like spring! I like how the white daisies "frame" the bottom of the arrangement. Do you have 2 daisies at the top on the far side? If you were to space 3 through the top, it may add just a little "pizzaz", I am not sure though, if you even need to! Where are you using it? You did a great job on it:manyheart

Sarah - I LOVE your arrangement!!!! It looks just like spring! I like how the white daisies "frame" the bottom of the arrangement. Do you have 2 daisies at the top on the far side? If you were to space 3 through the top, it may add just a little "pizzaz", I am not sure though, if you even need to! Where are you using it? You did a great job on it:manyheart

There's actually 4 daisies and they're actually in the middle of the Mums on the top... but when I took the picture they were a little smooshed down. This will be somewhere in the living room... not sure where yet LOL. The filling in the jar is actually cedar sawdust =0)

I agree with LeaAnne Sarah- I love it and it is a breath of fresh spring air:flower- and so nice to look at - I'm sick of snow- all around since 12/26!!

LeaAnne- the project will be over end of March. Not looking forward to going back to my former job- but what can you do? I'm trying not to dwell on it for now! Do we get to see pics of the baby ghan? It might give me some inspiration!!!:devil

Stacy- Hope you had a good day at school!

Marissa I was thinking positive thoughts of you today that the depo went well.

LeeAnn- Wow- a mani, pedi, hair color and whipped up a scarf and mitts? Where DO you get the energy. And I'll be happy to "adopt" you!!!! You have such a kind heart---lots of luck at the sale!!! And be safe in the blizzard!

Beth- Glad to hear you had such a yummy breakfast and that today is going to be be an easier one than yesterday. you are right- 5 days in a row WILL be a walk in the park! Heck, it's almost hump day already!:lol

Off to make dinner

Hugs to everyone

Sarah - clever filler idea! I like that you have more daisies at the top.... i thought I saw that:wink

Joanne - Here ya go.... It's actually big enough for a toddler bed, so she can use it longer on her bed, and beyond.

post-4747-135897626162_thumb.jpg

Good evening ladies :hi

It really was a long day and I can't wait to crawl into bed already :eek Thanks for your compliments on the baby sweater. One thing is that it was supposed to cross to the left, not the right....so I managed to unintentionally make it backwards/inside out or something :lol

Also, thanks for all the luck you sent my way for the deposition, I think I received it all :yes:wink I probably should've shared some with the attorney :think:lol He seemed a little discombobulated here and there :lol Overall it was fine, just a little drawn out because he wanted me to explain EVERYTHING!!!! One of the opposing attorney's was a read cutie, but he had a wedding band on :( Oh well, such is life.....keep looking :lol

Stacy - I hope you get into the astronomy class you want, and I agree...the online class might be too much with the astronomy. Have you done any online classes before? They are very time consuming :yes

Joanne - Your positive thoughts did me well :D

Beth - :yay for your bagel sandwich :drool

LeeAnn - Be careful out there :hug :hug

LeaAnne - WTG working on those WIP's :clap Pics of the finally finished baby ghan coming our way? :devil

Sarah - I love your arrangement and :yes we're all being honest. I like its symmetry :manyheart and with it being yellow and white, it's very refreshing to look at.

OK, I'm going to plop on the couch :yes It's calling my name and you might even hear it :lol

LeaAnne - very cute baby ghan!!! :manyheart I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I missed it :think I came back in when I saw a new post and saw Joanne commenting on it and I was sitting here saying to myself that I didn't see a pic of it :think Well, I really do think it's time to lounge out :lol:yes

Joanne - It's getting louder and louder!!!!!!

Evening all!

Sarah-the arrangement is beautiful! I love daisies! They are my favorite flower. The yellow does remind me of sunshine as well. Can't wait till Spring. I will have to bug you when I need to make a new arrangment for the living room.

LeaAnne-ohhh laaa laa! the ghan is puurty! What a cool pattern. Did you hold 2 strands of yarn?

Stacy-how was your day?

Joanne-I bet you are super duper duper excited as the days get closer for your dd. I was so excited and could hardly stand it. Thank you for the offer to adopt me,:D I feel virtually parent-less. But what's a gal to do? Must go on and deal with it in a positive way.:hug

Marisa-glad that your dispostion went well and is over and done with. Too bad about the good looking guy, keepa lookin', he's out there! I bet your couch claimed you!

I didn't get to drive anywhere today. :blushThey closed the highway, dh had to get off from work early to pick up the kiddos and bring them home. I was kinda glad, I could craft to my hearts content. :devil I made the new lotion bars using the mango butter and mango papaya scent...I must admit after tweaking the recipe-I love them! They smell heavenly and work fantastic! I used Vitamin E and almond oil, slightly different from the other recipe, but makes your skin feel delicious. Dd already claimed a bar.

Also finished another set of mitts, I am burnt out on them, I think I will call it good and not make anymore. I have about 10 pairs with a few scarves to match.

Other than that, nothing else going on. Off to read for a few!

hugs n squishes!

Hello!

Leeann, thanks for the heads-up about the online class. The funny thing is, I was sitting here, thinking about if I should drop the class, when I received an email from the professor saying he hasn't seen me post in any of the forums and he will be dropping people who don't post and don't show up for class. I've posted twice in the forums, and the first class hasn't even met! :angry So I don't think that's going to be a difficult decision now. Yikes @ the icy roads and the winter storm!! I'm glad your dh was able to pick up the kiddos. WTG on getting so many things ready for the sale. You have really hit your stride with this business!

Joanne, I thought of you today when I got in to a class! It's a sociology course- American social problems. The professor is really cool and the class sounds fun. I really wouldn't have thought to take a soc. course if you hadn't mentioned it- I've always thought of myself more as a psych person. :shrug How was paradise today?

Marisa, glad the deposition went well. Too bad about the cutie attorney. I hope you get some rest!

Beth, how funny- an advertisement for Udi's pops up on my FB sidebar almost daily. :lol I think your bagel sandwich sounds delish- they are one of my favorites!

Sarah, your arrangement is beautiful. I think the filler idea is very clever.

LeaAnne, your 'ghan is so pretty! Great job! Glad all is well at the chicken coop. :hug:hug:hug:hug

So...my day was a bit easier than yesterday. The first week is always the worst, I think, trying to figure out a schedule and then getting used to it. I ordered some books today, hopefully they will arrive soon. :xfin I didn't get in to the health class today, will try again on Thursday. After I picked up the girls, we came home and I did some domestic-type things. :lol Isabella was supposed to have that science class tonight, well when we arrived no one was there. The supervisor called the instructor, who said I should have received a call that there was no class. Uh, really- if I had received the call, would I really have dragged out my 3 kids anyway?! :ohdear Anyway, I put the girls in the child watch and went to the zumba class. Man, did that kick my butt! :lol But I also have a bit of extra energy now, so I think I will stay up until dh comes home!

Lots of love and hugs! Good night! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Thank you everyone. Unless it's something downright ugly I can never get a straight answer out of Doug so I appreciate it.

LeaAnne - your afghan is really pretty. I really like the colors. =0)

LeeAnn - LOL I love doing floral arrangements. It's one of my many hobbies...

Quick good morning and Happy HUMP Day!!!!

I'll post again when I return from Paradise!! Running late again- 2nd day in a row I didn't get up until the alarm went off!!! Guess I need some sleep???????

See you later- have a good one!

Good Morning, Everybody!

Marisa - glad that you received the vibes yesterday....and that the dep is over. I hope you got a great night's sleep, and are ready to tackle the world today:hug

LeeAnn - Your newest scents sound divine:manyheart WTG on getting 10 sets of mitts/scarves done! Are they all the same pattern? Maybe after some are sold, you can "refill" your inventory:wink

Joanne - Enjoy your day in Paradise today, friend! What kinds of things are you thinking of stitching for your grandbaby?

Sarah - Have a sunshiney day today! I will be thinking of you when I trot off to "flowerland" today:manyheart

Stacy - I don't know how you do it!!! It seems that the sememster starts are a whirlwind of craziness! Will you have all of your final course selections this week? :hi and :hugto you and all of your girlies!

Beth - How was your day yesterday? I hope that you have a great one today! What's on your agenda? Did your bed get to call you back again this morning?

Colleen and Mary - I am thinking of you both today, as we "enjoy" an arctic blast! It's wicked cold here....low single digits without the wind chill...:wbrr

Well, kids, I gotta go and get ready for my day.... I have lots of flowers to get sorted out, arrangements and displays to make, and oooohhhh just general fun-ness!

Have a great day, all! Stay safe, warm, and don't forget your vitamins!

:ghug

Good morning ladies :hi

I slept great last night, could've used a bit longer, but overall am feeling pretty good :D I have a sixers game tonight so probably won't make it back until the morning :shrug

Stacy - Sorry to hear that Isabella's science class was cancelled, I wonder who was supposed to call you? You should find that out to make sure they have the correct # down for you :think I would hope they have a wrong digit in the mix as opposed to having not called at all :( Good luck on the health class tomorrow :xfin

Joanne - You must be catching up on all that sleep from your 12 day work marathon :lol

:hi Sarah and LeaAnne

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll be back to visit tomorrow morning :hug :hug :hug

Morning!:wlol

Sure is :wbrr:snow, it is -21....brrrrr...that's all I can say.

Joanne-I am sure your body is recuperating from the 12 days of work. Hope you have an excelent day in paradise!

LeaAnne-how fun to be able to play with flowers all day. You and Sarah are really good at it! Did you ever get a chance to :hook?

Marisa-have fun tonight at your game! Hope work flies by for ya!

Sarah-I really do love your flower arrangements, how pretty they are and the sawdust, now that's just too cool! I wish you lived closer, I would definately beg you to make one for my kitchen table. A bit of sunshine would go a long way. Ds is allergic to most plants, arrangements that always stay neat and tidy is the perfect way to go.

Stacy-good choice on the classes. Posting is a nightmare! If you can get it set up and get into a grove of things it's not too bad. Have a great day!

Beth-how goes it? Working on anything in particular?

Colleen-how ya doing friend?

Mary-bet you are getting tons of hook time in.

Today is Early Release, :cheer the kiddos are excited about that. I am going to drop off some of the baskets at the shop and get them set up for tomorrow and then tomorrow I will take the rest. I am soo excited! I hope, I hope, I hope!

other than that, I was thinking of trying the granny stripe and a few hats. I need to find an easy hat pattern, I know I have some, it's just finding them that can be tricky.

off with myself! hugs n squisherrrrsss!

Good morning!!

Joanne, have a beautiful paradise-ish day! :hug

LeaAnne, you sound so wonderfully happy to go off to your job! That is wonderful. :yay Have a beautiful, flower-filled day!

Leeann, hope you have a great day. That temp gives me shivers! Are the roads good enough for you to open the store today?

Sarah, I've realized that when it comes to men- they just don't care about decorating, or anything crafty. :lol Are you going to make more arrangements to sprinkle through your home?

I told dh about the email from the professor last night. He was upset, and the more I think about it, the more upset I am. He sent me an individual email threatening to drop me after the second day!! So I think I probably will drop it. I'd hate to see what he's like in person. And I am signed up for a second one in April, with a different instructor. Maybe once I'm in the groove of juggling me on-campus classes, I'll be ready to throw another one in to the mix. :think

Anyway, my alarm just went off, so I'd better scoot. The girls have picture day, and I need to make sure their hair is actually brushed. :lol

Love and hugs! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Oh! I almost forgot- the pics I have been promising. :lol Although there is one, rather obvious, mistake in my flannel'ghan. :( But I noticed it after I added the border, and there was no way I was tearing it out!

post-22280-135897626269_thumb.jpg

post-22280-135897626274_thumb.jpg

Guess who decided to crawl out of bed??? :hi

Sarah, love the flowers. Very nice, pretty, sunshiny arrangement that will brighten up any room. The sawdust is very lovely -- great choice to fill the vase. I'll bet it smells lovely, too.

Stacy, your new bedding is beautiful. I love the flannelghan, and certainly couldn't see the mistake. I don't think you need a class with a professor like that. Life is too short to deal with obnoxious people on purpose.

Joanne, Happy Hump day!!! I don't know what's in the air to make everyone tired, but the adults are dragging, and the kids are climbing the walls around here. I think we all need Spring!

LeaAnne, so glad you posted the picture of the baby afghan. My dd says it's very cool. She's 16, so she should know.

LeaAnn, sounds like winter is hitting you way too hard. The differences in expectations in areas is amazing. If we have a CHANCE of snow, they close schools here. Your children are going with that frigid temp, with enough snow to close a highway the day before... People who lived here all their lives would FAINT! I'm glad you are so excited about your sale. I know your baskets will do great.

Marisa, I"m glad your deposition went well. I hope you find another cutie without a ring!!!

Mary, Stay warm and dry! I hope your hand keeps healing. Don't do too much!!!

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good afternoon, everybody!:hi:hi

Sarah - Stay warm, friend! I hope that the freeze is short lived!

LeeAnn - HOLY Guacamole! that is some COLD air you guys have! It would take my breath away! I will be thinking of you tomorrow with lots of prayers and :xfin for your sale! I know you will do great!

Marisa - have fun at the game tonight! What did you bring to stitch? And say :hi to Mary, too! ....and I will be wishing for a handsome (inside and out) prince to come and find you!:manyheart

Beth - :clapfor you bandito bed! :heehee Tell DD TY for the compliment on the 'ghan! You are right, it's the teenagers who know what's cool! Did you get to have a relaxing day? Did you get the registration squared away? Have you been stitchin'?

Stacy - Nice FG! And your bed is gorgeousness! Looks soooooo comfy!:c9 I agree with LeeAnn... I would drop the online class... like she said, life's too short to deal with cranky-pantses if you don't have to!

Colleen, Mary, Joanne - How was your day? I hope it was nothing short of AWESOME!!!!

I just was surprised at my door by the mother of Krissy's friend whose hat I gave the nose job to.... they brought us some homemade turkey soup as a thank you! How sweet is that? I got a chuckle when the little girl said I should go into business:lol It was nice to be able to make someone's day fer sure!

That's about it for news from the chicken ranch... Have a wonderful, warm, and relaxing night, everyone!

:hug:hug

'Evenin' All!

LeaAnne-I just love reading your posts! All of you inspire me to be the best mommy, friend and wife that I can be! I am counting down the days till Spring.

Joanne-how was paradise?

Stacy-Fantastic ghan! I didn't see a single mistake, it looks perfeeeccct to me! Great work!

Sarah-what a neat pic! I love the frozen water on the tips of the branches, that is soo neat!

Beth-so glad that your bed called your name and that you were able to get some much needed rest. I have been tired too. Don't know if it's the humdum of life or the weather.

dh just got home, we were waiting for him to eat dinner with us. BBL!

hugs n squishes!

LeaAnne - Thanks for the countdown to spring! I am really looking forward to it.

It is very cold here too. Too cold for the kids to go outside to play at recess time. I'm sure the teachers are going batty. As a babysitter it's hard, because I can't take them out to blow off some steam. Next week is supposed to be warmer :xfin

DH and I had our weigh-in tonight at WW and I am so excited! I've lost 8.6 lbs total :clap:yay:elle I'm only 5.4 away from my end goal :clap:cheer:yay :elle

Not much new here otherwise. The busy-ness with all the appointments and stuff is done. Had my annual physical today and everything is good. :tup DH vacuumed today so I didn't have to :manyheart I baked lemon blueberry muffins this afternoon. I've got the two kids at home for the next 2 days because they don't have school. I've got to think of things to keep them busy...indoors :think I'm thinking I'll set up a little tent in the playroom and see if that is fun for them. I sure hope so!!! Maybe we'll have a picnic down there too and pretend we're camping.

I've got to go catch up with the posts now. :hug to you all!!

I see green lights. :hi anyone here?

Stacy - Good luck making decisions on your classes and getting into the new schedule. The same thing happened with my DD's dance class on Saturday. Got there to a sign on the door that said the class was cancelled...no phone call!

LeaAnne - I'm so glad you are enjoying your job. How nice about the Turkey soup. Yum! A little word of mouth and maybe you will have your own business :wink Love your baby ghan!

LeeAnn - Good luck at the sale tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you. Stay warm.

Sarah - Pretty pics of the ice.

Beth - How was your day? How are your inventions these days?

Joanne - How are you doing? What is on your hook these days?

Marisa - Glad you got a good sleep.

:hi Mary, Shannon (miss you girl) and anyone else I've missed.

Have a great evening all!

Archived