Some good clean fun?!

Hopefully the ice melts soon- it is so wierd to be reading about snow and ice in TX!!! I just never think about that state having snow or ice!!!! That was good that Doug had off today! How is the painting coming along Sarah?

I finished the last strip of my flannel'ghan and weaved in the ends. Tomorrow I'll whipstitch it to the rest of the ghan and start the border!!! The finish is almost here!!!!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi friends!!

Joanne, you made it!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer Can't wait to see your flannel'ghan! I'm very interested to see how the 3 colors turned out. I hope your weekend is every bit as relaxing as you want it to be. :hug:hug:hug

Sarah, glad to hear you didn't get the snow, and that Doug was able to stay home. I'm sure that was a nice piece of mind for you, knowing he didn't have to go out driving in that weather. The town where I used to live had 4 drawbridges connecting the two sides of the town, and every time those bridges were closed, it was such a pain to get around.

Leeann, :clap for finding those postcards! Best of luck with the sale! I'm sure it will go smoothly. When does Kathi return?

Today turned out to be busy. Dh went to the DMV to renew my registration and ended up coming home early. We went out to lunch, went to the bed store so dh could see it, and then went shopping for bedding. Then we headed out to Isabella's practice, went to get the snacks for tomorrow's game, and now we are home. Thank goodness. Except that I had planned to sleep in my new bed tonight, and when we arrived, the salesman told us that it is on the schedule for tomorrow, after he told me that it was for today. :angry

Oh, I finished my flannel'ghan last night! And I used it. And it was soooo toasty warm, I think if we didn't have extra people living here, we wouldn't even have to use the heater at night. :yes I can already see how this is going to save energy once we are living on our own again. :hook

Well, I am tired and my stomach hurts for some reason. I think it is my eyes still adjusting to my contacts and glasses, because I am also getting headaches and dizziness when I switch from one to the other. So I am off to bed. Lots of love and hugs!!

Hopefully the ice melts soon- it is so wierd to be reading about snow and ice in TX!!! I just never think about that state having snow or ice!!!! That was good that Doug had off today! How is the painting coming along Sarah?

I finished the last strip of my flannel'ghan and weaved in the ends. Tomorrow I'll whipstitch it to the rest of the ghan and start the border!!! The finish is almost here!!!!

Yeah it's kinda interesting how people think of certain states as only being certain ways. Like Doug never thought about all the trees and mountains in California, all he'd heard about were cities like LA, San Francisco, San Diego... So when we stopped in the town I grew up in in CA so I could put flowers on my Grandma's grave when we were going from the town he was working in in WA to Los Angeles he was amazed by the size of the trees and the mountains. But it makes you think of how you associate states with what you hear about most, and sometimes not realize there is a lot more to that state.

Haven't made any more progress on the painting. Hopefully will get to do some tomorrow. Sunday we have a birthday party and then I'll be babysitting. May be only one night, maybe longer... won't know until Monday.

Good morning!!!

It's the weekend!!!!

Stacy- Didn't know you were getting a new bed- hope it comes today so you can sleep in it tonight!!! And WTG on finishing YOUR flannel'ghan!!!:clap Do we get :photo

Just wanted to stop in and wish everyone a great day- I need to get my coffee and start on my minimal cleaning that needs to be done- :hug

Morning!

Joanne-I am so glad that it is the weekend and that you get to relax. I am also so very pleased that you liked the goodies...makes my heart a flutter knowing that all of you like my work. Bare minimal cleaning sounds like a fantastic idea. Today I am planning on crocheting, making 2 sets of votives and maybe some cleaning in between.

Stacy-oh happy days for the new bed and getting the flanneghan finished. :cheerHow cool! Like Joanne said, pics please? You had a busy day yesterday, hopefully today is a little more relaxed. Kathi will not be back until the end of this month. I have heard from her and all is well, she is at the beach relaxing.

Sarah-wow! Power outages? We have never really had those her in our neck of the woods. It is neat to think of all the different things that go on in different states. I would love to travel more and experience new things.

Marisa-did you survive?

Yesterday I spent the entire day packaging up goodies, I need to take more pics to share with all of you. So far I have 15 baskets, 5 dish candles, 4 sets of tea lights, and 4 boxes of soaps.:yes

I have some more orders for soap baskets too! :yayWhoa! This is spinning totally out of control, but I am crazy loving it! Oh and the ripple ghan that I have, is sold! weeeheeee! I still have lotion bars to make, I bought mango butter and scent to make them a little bit different and with a different smell...also going to try a new lavender oil and scent. Wish me luck!

And my little sister is designing a web page for my new business. I will let you all know when it is up and running and I get my license. All of this is soo exciting!

ok. off of the :c9:c9 time to get some serious :hook time in while the kiddos are asleep...must make more mitts/scarf sets.

hugs n squishes dear friends!

The minimal cleaning I am doing today is done- bathrooms and kitchen sparkling clean!!

It is now raining "ice" so hopefully it doesn't last long!!!

LeeAnn- I'm so excited for you!!! You have a business growing in leaps and bounds!!!!! Very, very, exciting!!!!:clap:yay:woo:jumpyay

Off to get breakfast!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

The sixers pulled out a win last night :clap:yay and this morning I decided to come up to my parents again. I got my mom set up with the nook software on her ipad and linked to my acct so now we get all the same books, and don't have to worry about a 'lending' period with them :D

I did survive LeeAnn, the day wasn't too bad and only got insanely busy for about the last hour and a half :think Good luck with your business :cheer :cheer

Hey all!

Joanne, we decided a couple weeks ago to get a new bed with some of our tax money. :clap The bed we have is a hand-me-down from dh's parents, and a couple months ago, a spring popped out of the side. :eek So it's time for a new one. :yes:lol Yikes @ raining ice! I hope it doesn't last long, or accumulate. :clap for minimal cleaning! Are you planning to finish the 'ghan today?

Leeann, your business is really picking up! I am so happy for you! :cheer Good luck getting everything finished. I've never heard of mango butter. :think I bet it smells awesome!

Sarah, where did you grow up in CA? I was amazed by the mountains when I first moved here- we live in a valley and there are mountains on the horizon no matter which way you look. :manyheart And when I took the CA geography class last semester, I was amazed by all of the trees in NorCal. I had no idea there was a logging industry up there. :lol Anyway, have fun baby sitting. I'm sure Keith will love having the kids to play with.

Marisa, :cheer for a Sixers win! How cool that you and your mom can share e-books. :yes Technology is incredible nowadays.

This morning we went to Isabella's game (they lost :() and then out to early lunch. Poor Isabella- yesterday she told me she hopes they make it to the playoffs, but the other teams are REALLY good. Of course- the other coaches look like they know what they are doing. :blush I wish I knew about soccer- I'd help their team in a heartbeat. Jorge doesn't know anything about it either- he played Little League when he was younger, and kept trying to get Isabella to play baseball instead. :lol

I better get going. I'm supposed to be clearing the things from our old mattress and under the bed, to make room. But I had to check in with my besties! :manyheart Love and hugs!!

Hi All!

Sounds like everyone is busy.

Marisa-how neat that you can share books with your mom. I bet she is super excited!

Joanne-minimal cleaning is what I did this morning too...tomorrow I will get to the deep cleaning and bathrooms.

Stacy-I have no idea how to play soccer, I would be in a world of hurt if my kiddos decided to join. Good luck! the new bed sounds just wonderful!

We are almost finished with all of the baskets, have to wrap the last 8...yup, 8! I think that last six were for orders, so that makes 2 extra for the sale.

going to sit and read, take a break from crafting.

Hugs n squishes dear friends!

Hi all,

The border is almost done on the flannel'ghan!!! DH and I went out for a while and he bought me a nice case for my IPad!!! Its a nice bright RED http://www.senacases.com/apple/apple-ipad-cases/zipbook-cases/#

WTG on getting so much done LeeAnn!! What are you reading? I haven't been doing as much reading as I'd like- I keep falling asleep!!!:lol

Off to finish the border

Hope everyone had a great Saturday!:hug

Hey ladies :hi

I finished my baby sweater and will post a pic tomorrow when I get back to my place. I also started a sock for my nephew. I'm making a pair for each nephew to match their blankets from xmas :) I have 8 days to do it :eek

Joanne - I like that cover :yes

Good night :c9

Hi, girls! I must start by saying that I have missed you all!!!

LeeAnn - WTG on your new business!:h5 I am so, so very excited for you! You are living my dream, girl!! The candles and soaps look and sound so yummy, and that ripple is gorgeous!!!

Marisa - :blush so sorry that I missed your :birthday. How very cool that you got a Nook! I had no idea that you could download mags on it. I need to check into that... how cool to have a portable, electronic pattern catalog! Your Bernat 'ghan came out tres chic! I hope that you get to keep it for you:wink

Sarah - sorry that the paint isn't quite what you were looking for, but hooray for getting to cover up yucky old paper! I loved the pic of your squirrel... he looks like a brave little soul, staring without fear atcha!:lol

I hope that you all are doing well, and that you continue to not have any power outages:xfin

Beth - Pretty gauntlet pattern! You sure have been busy! It was nice to read that your bed has been swallowing you up when you need the extra rest! How are your chickens? Has DD seen the "shrimp boy" since he sent the treat over? How is DH? does he have any trips upcoming?

Joanne - You are one amazing lady! Another 12 day week?! I was so pleased (but not surprised) to read that you were nominated for Employee of the Year! Congratulations! Also congrats on finishing up your flannelghan! :clap Is your daughter going to find out if she is having a girl or boy? Are you having a nice relaxing weekend? What book are you reading?

Stacy - :cheerfor Isabella loving soccer, and for Mia learning to ride a bike! Sorry to hear that you weren't able to get your books yet. I hope that you will be able to catch up quickly once you get them. And a big Congrats to you for finishing YOUR flannelghan! I can't wait to see it....:wink

Colleen - I have been thinking about you alot. It's nice to see your posts. You sure have been keeping yourself busy! How is Weight Watchers going? Did you and DD have a fun snow day? I am praying that you hear the news that you are meant to regarding the job opp. Hang in there, kid.... I know how you are feeling, just not knowing what's down the road. Have you been able to get any time for yourself? Are you reading or hooking? How much snow do you have up there?

Mary - Hooray for no surgery, and hooray for :crocheting, albeit not as fast as you are used to. How's everything else going up there in God's country?

Shannon & Vicki - :hi!

Not much has been happening around here, other than shoveling snow:lol I must say that it is starting to not be funny anymore! Today, we are getting rain. The problem is that the streets were not plowed far enough back to leave the drains open. the puddles are much bigger than they should be, simply because the water has no place to go. I am :xfin that they can open some of the drains before the deep freeze hits next week, or else we will have a big ice problem:eek

I am almost done with my spring arrangement collection Part 1. We have been short staffed because of callouts and weather delays with our weekly truck. They could not give me any helpers. It's ok, though... I am muddling through. the spring decorating/inspirations are nearly completed, too. It's been so much fun to be able to go to work and play with bright and cheery flowers. It's been a wonder for staving off the usual "winter blues"!

the chickens are all doing just fine! They have been enjoying way too many snow days (we had 6 in January). Just last week, they were dismissed 2 hours early on Tuesday, had no school Wednesday, and were delayed by 2 hours on Thursday! I am wondering how they will manage to learn all that they will need to, having such a disrupted schedule. It's harder when you are not in "a groove", if you know what I mean.

That's about it from this little corner of the world... Last but not least, I wanted to share some pics of my arch. I finished it today! I hope it puts a little breath of springtime into your heart:dreaming

Have a wonderful night, dearest friends! Luv Ya! :hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

post-4747-13589762523_thumb.jpg

post-4747-135897625233_thumb.jpg

post-4747-135897625235_thumb.jpg

post-4747-135897625237_thumb.jpg

Sarah, where did you grow up in CA? I was amazed by the mountains when I first moved here- we live in a valley and there are mountains on the horizon no matter which way you look. :manyheart And when I took the CA geography class last semester, I was amazed by all of the trees in NorCal. I had no idea there was a logging industry up there. :lol Anyway, have fun baby sitting. I'm sure Keith will love having the kids to play with.

Up near Marysville/Yuba City... in a tiny little town. The logging trucks used to go through our town all the time as that was the only route available at that time. Several years after I moved away they built another road to bypass the town so the logging trucks were not going through the town anymore.

LeaAnne- it's so good to hear from you! Your arch is beautiful!!! :manyheart Looks like you are really hitting your groove with your job. I am so proud of you! :hug:hug:hug I'm glad you are not too buried under the snow. :xfin that they can get the snow plowed and the water drained before it can freeze. Yikes @ all of the snow days for the chickens!! Will they have to go very long into the summer to make up for them?

Joanne, your iPad case is really cool. :yes Is your weekend turning out to be as relaxing as you had hoped?

Leeann, you are a busy whirlwind! I am amazed at all you accomplish in a day! WTG on getting all of the baskets wrapped. What are your kiddos up to this weekend?

Sarah, Colleen, Mary, Marisa, Shannon, Vicki, Beth- hope you all are enjoying your weekend. :hug:hug:hug

Our bed was delivered at 6 this evening. I guess the store ran out of rails, so our box spring and mattress are on the floor until Monday, but at least it is here! We put on the new bedding right away, and it looks so nice! I will pics in the morning, since the lighting in my room isn't too good at night. I will also get a :photo of my 'ghan.

Oh! I thought of you all earlier- I went out to Starbucks in my fuzzy slippers. :lol

Good night, besties!! :night

Good morning!

Good to hear from you LeaAnne and I LOVE the arch-:manyheart you seem to be taking to this job like a fish takes to water!!! (speaking of water- we had the same problem with the drains/-rain/ice.) This is the first winter that I can remember where there has been snow on the ground for this long (since Dec 26, we have not seen grass) I wonder about the snow days here too- it seems like every other day, there is either a delayed opening or school closed!!!

My DD and SIL are making the "big announcement" today at their annual Super Bowl Party.:yay They do want to know if they are having a boy or girl and she'll find out in about 5 wks! Then the shopping can begin!!!!:yes

Stacy- Yay :yay for the new bed- hopefully the rails get there Monday! And can't wait to see pics of your new bedding and YOUR flannel'ghan!!!! I'll get pics of Mine up when the light is better in here- sometime later this morning hopefully!

Marisa- 7 days to get socks done!!:hook

Sarah- Hope that TX is warming up a bit- will you get any painting done or did you say you were babysitting? Mind is a little fuzzy- I guess I need my coffee!!

Beth- What's on your plate this fine Super Bowl Sunday? Did you get to work on the gauntlets anymore?

Colleen and Mary- Hugs to my Canadian friends!:hug

Oh, lest I forget- Go PACKERS

:hi remember me??? I've been AWOL for a couple days, but that doesn't mean I haven't been thinking of you. Yesterday I just hibernated! The kids made lunch, or the family would only have eaten once.

Starting from the North, ish, and working my way down....

Mary - I hope you are getting your hand strength back, and can crochet like the wind again! I hope your weather is behaving better than LeaAnne's, and you are enjoying your family.

Colleen - Are you still babysitting? How are the plans for your own business going?

LeaAnne - What a lot of snow! I grew up in a snowy part of the country, so I laugh when they cancel school here because there's a chance of snow. If they cancel it up there, it's a sign that there's just too much snow. I hope it clears up before you have ice everywhere. Nobody can drive on ice. Your arch is so lovely. I could picture a bride under there getting married, actually.

LeaAnn - I received my goodies on Friday. I am so in love the moisturizing bar. I may be placing an order later... I need to moisturize my skin graft very well, and I am just not crazy about the petroleum jelly the doc recommends. This is so much nicer. Oh, and the "Berried treasure" soaps smell divine and are really cute.

Joanne - Happy Weekend!!! I am excited for you for the big announcement at the Super Bowl Party!!! My sister is a die-hard Steeler fan, and her cable is still out from the storm in Ohio. She's not happy. She doesn't like to watch around other people, because she gets SO excited about the game.

Marisa - is the Super Bowl a big deal for your family? Are there Steelers fans among them? It is so nice that you are setting up your mom's ipod to read the same books as your nook.

Stacy - I'm sorry Isabelle's soccer team didn't win. It must be difficult for the kid who is coaching. You kind of need experience to do a good job with that. I hope you get ALL your bed soon. How nice to have something new, though. Does it feel wonderful? Did you sleep well?

Sarah - Good luck with the babysitting. When will you know how long you will be helping out?

Vicki - Did you get hit with the power outages?

Shannon - What are you and Janna up to these days?

Stacy asked about "Shrimp boy." He REALLY likes homemade pizza, so I offered to teach him how to make it, then after talking with his mother, I changed the offer to have Amanda teach him to make it. He came over early Friday morning so it could rise. Then we had Homeschool Game Day on Friday. There were Six families there -- 4 of them go to the ballet academy Amanda goes to. There will be gossip at the ballet academy about Amanda and her "boyfriend." The two of them sat at a table by themselves and talked for a while, then went and walked around the library together for a while. They didn't acknowledge the existence of anybody else. He spends a lot of time with us. He's using it to his advantage. He finds out what she likes, then gets it for her. He's even being VERY nice to her cat, which is a great way to get her attention.

Speaking of which, I need to get my grocery shopping done, since I tutor Shrimp Boy this afternoon. Talk to you later! :hug:hug:hug

Ah, Beth- sounds like "shrimp boy" is very smitten with Amanda!!! (And she with him) So cute!!!!

I finished my three-color flannelghan and here it is!!! Now Stacy, it's your turn to post yours!!!!:devil

post-27163-135897625291_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897625294_thumb.jpg

Morning, besties!!

Joanne, your 'ghan is beautiful!! :manyheart I really like the way it turned out with the 3 colors. :yes

Beth, sounds like things are going wonderfully with Shrimp Boy. :yes Yay for hibernating and kids feeding themselves! :manyheart I hope my inventions are as self-sufficient as yours one day! It must be wonderful to watch them grow into such responsible young adults. :yes

As for my bed- I slept very well last night. :yay I didn't wake when Eva came in last night, or when dh moved around. :manyheart It feels kind of weird for the pieces to be sitting on the ground- I feel sort of like i'm sleeping on the floor. :think But the rails should arrive tomorrow.

Hey, can I tell you all how EXCITED I am to start school tomorrow?! :yay:cheer:clap And my money should arrive by Tuesday! Double yay!

Today dh went to Santa Barbara again. They are having his friend's car towed here because it won't start and FIL has unlimited towing with Triple A. The girls and I are going to the zoo for a couple hours- it is snow day! There will be snow in certain animal exhibits (black bear, snow leopard, etc) and there will be activities for the kids. They don't know about that part yet. Afterward, we will stop at the market for Bowl goodies. Dh's friend and 2 cousins are coming over, as well as my old-man friend.

I need to go get ready! Will take pics later on today. :yes Love and hugs!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

:hi everyone!

Nice to see everyone's posts. I hope you all enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday. Life continues to be busy and I have a few busy days ahead of me. Dr.'s appointments for the whole family, another Leaf's game (:hyper), a fieldtrip and the usual busy-ness.

Yes, still babysitting. It's keeping me busy and bringing in some helpful income. I might hear about the one job opp this week, but whatever happens happens. I have put my own business on hold waiting to hear about this job opp.

I haven't been crocheting much. I have read a few books and enjoyed that. I started a table runner that I've been wanting to make myself for a while, but I'm not very motivated.

Weightwatchers is going great. DH has lost 14 pounds and I've lost 5. We are enjoying doing it together.

Joanne - Your afghan is beautiful! I love the colours! Gorgeous! Looks so cozy.

LeaAnne - It is so great to see your post. I've been thinking about you lots too. I can't believe you've had 6 snow days :eek Wow! We have lots of snow now. We had a surprise snowstorm last night. It looks so pretty when it sticks to the pine trees :c9. We didn't have much snow in Dec. or Jan., but February sure has been snowy so far! Your arch is beautiful - what a talented lady! Glad to hear the chickens are well.

LeeAnn - I am so glad your crafty business is taking off and that you are loving it!

Beth - Sounds like your daughter's admirer is working hard to win her attention. I'm rooting for him!

Stacy - Enjoy the zoo and the Bowl!

Marisa, Sarah, Shannon, Mary, Vicki and anyone I've missed - Have a wonderful day!

Colleen- Great to hear from you! And kudos to you and DH on you weightloss!!:clap I really like WW too!!! Down 8 lbs- and I'm not hungry!!!;)

We are getting ready to go the "super bowl party" at DD's house- and can't wait till the big announcement!!! Finally- it'll be out in the open!!!

Have a great rest of the day everyone!!!!

Good Evening all!

I have been trying to get on here all day….but the housework and kiddos were calling me.

Stacy~that is soo wonderful that you were able to sleep in your new bed with new bedding. What color of bedding did you buy? My kiddos have had a relaxing weekend. Yesterday they bummed around the house but did wash laundry for their mommy, what a help that was! I am very grateful, they are wonderful children. Dd went with dh to pick up a load of wood and drop it off at our uncle’s house. He is retired and has a difficult time getting around, so dh goes up to the mountains in the summer and hauls wood for him as well as us. He is almost out, I wished that he would have called sooner, I would hate to think of him without heat. Are you going to be watching the football game today?

Joanne-good luck with your team! I absolutely adore your flannel ghan! You did a superb job on it and made it rather quickly. I bet you are excited to get started on baby items. I’m so happy for all of you!

LeaAnne-wowza! Thank you for sharing pics! You are so very talented! The arch is heavenly. You do amazing work, have you ever thought of making decorations for weddings? Beautiful! We haven’t had much snow here in our neck of the woods, it’s strange but no complaints from me. I bet your chickens are enjoying the time off from school.

Sarah-that is great that you do not have to babysit. Have you been crafting?

Mary-oh so glad that you can crochet, what’s on your hook these days?

Marisa-you finished another sweater? You crochet fast! Any pointers? I have yet to make a pair of socks, but they are on my list.

Beth-I am so glad that you were able to relax yesterday. It’s nice to sit and veg. I wish that I could just sit and do nothing, but I think that I am a little too hyper for that. I always have to be doing something, but tomorrow I am planning on resting. I feel like I have been working extra hard on the baskets and preparing things that I need a little break. So glad that you liked the soap and lotion bar, I am testing out a few new recipes for the bars that do not have cocoa butter. I think they will work just as well. I am addicted to using my lotion bar and use it nightly before bedtime.

Let me think, did I get everyone? Oh yes, Coleen-so happy to hear that you are babysitting and earning extra money, that is always a plus. I hope this new job opp, works out for you. I bet it will! Reading is so much fun! I get addicted and can’t seem to put the book down. Last night I stayed up reading for waaaay too long, but I had to finish the last of my book.

Today ds and I cleaned, we swept, mopped, cleaned bathrooms, dishes, tidies up the kitchen and dusted. So glad that it is all done, now I can enjoy the rest of the day. We also ran into town for groceries, a quick stop at the library and sat and had lunch. Great day!

I am waiting for dh to get back so that we can watch the 3rd potter movie, I am on the last book. Whew! What a fun journey! I have a few other books that my sister gave me that I am dying to read, but that will have to wait for another day.

Going to work on a scarf for a few. Hugs n squishes dearest friends! Enclosed a few pics of the baskets, thank you all for taking a looksie!

Had a great time at DD's house- and everyone was in a very festive mood- after "seeing the news". They had the pics of the Ultrasound on the fridge and then when they turned on the tv- there was a slideshow of the 6 US pics - it was great seeing everyone's reaction.

And then of course there was a great football game with good commercials and a great halftime show!!

LeeAnn- love your goodies!!

Off to sleep- paradise will be calling sooner than I'd like!

Archived