Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's done, it's done!! :jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay Will try to lie it out on the sofa later to get a better pic, right now the girls are watching a movie out there.

Stacy-- it looks great- and DH is going to be so happy!!!! I finished the 3rd strip of mine today, weaved in the ends and attached the third strip. i like doing it a strip at a time and I can see it growing!!! I think I'm going to start the fourth strip tonight- we'll see. Mine is going to be smaller only because I'm using a Lion Brand N hook which is 9.00 mm- and doing HDC. But it will be perfect for me:yes

Thanks, girls! It is actually for BIL- he is a huge Steelers fan. Dh's 'ghan is the red/black one peeking out from under the other one. And I am already on the 3rd block/1st strip of mine. :devil I got all the cleaning and 2 loads of laundry done, so dh told me to sit down and relax. He didn't have to tell me twice! :lol Mine is going to be smaller, too- I am using an N hook with hdc, but I am only going to make it 5x5 blocks. I made one last year for Isabella which was that size and it was perfect for me. :yes

Thanks, girls! It is actually for BIL- he is a huge Steelers fan. Dh's 'ghan is the red/black one peeking out from under the other one. And I am already on the 3rd block/1st strip of mine. :devil I got all the cleaning and 2 loads of laundry done, so dh told me to sit down and relax. He didn't have to tell me twice! :lol Mine is going to be smaller, too- I am using an N hook with hdc, but I am only going to make it 5x5 blocks. I made one last year for Isabella which was that size and it was perfect for me. :yes

That's right! I remember you saying it was for Bil- and as soon as I saw it I thought to myself- that's Steelers colors and Stacy's DH is a Seahawks fan:lol Wow you do them fast Stacy- you are on the 3rd block of the first strip already? I probably should have just done 5X5 too- but that's ok that its 5X7

What colors is yours again? Is it the pink/purple? Or were those colors for another one?

I didn't get to TJ's today - It was so cold out and DD wasn't in the mood to go either- DH picked up some coffee when he ran out to get milk so I'm good on that front (not as good as TJ's Dark, but it'll do:yes)

Not fast- just lucky. :lol The girls have been playing really well together today (hope I didn't just jinx that!!) which has allowed me extra crochet time. I'm on the 4th block, but so far it's not looking as big as Isabella's. :think I may end up doing the 7 blocks. And yes, it is the pink/purple. I went back to Michael's yesterday :blush and found another skein of pink, so I am all set.

:clap for your dh picking up coffee when he went out. As my dh says- you should keep him for another week. :lol

HI there!

Taking a break from my yarn and hook. I finished the ripple, tomorrow I will tuck in the ends and then launder it so that it well be soft and cuddly and ready to either sell or for my stash.

Here's the link for a granny ripple

http://www.*******.com/grannyripple.html

Let me know if it works.

Stacy-can't wait to see your flannel ghan, you are fast!

Joanne-glad that you were able to stay home, I am becoming quite the hermit and only like to leave if absolutely necessary. :devil

Marisa-how was the game?

Have a good night friends! Tomorrow we are going to church and to pick up the kiddos, will not be back till the evening. Have a great Sunday morning!

hugs n squishes!

Good evening ladies :hi

My sixers won :clap:yay:cheer:bounce:woo

Now I figured I'd check in while I have a little time to kill while waiting for my cousin's flight to get in :yes I got a good portion of the bernat ghan sewn together :yay At the game I worked on a baby cardigan and am now at the first arm hole.

That's about it for me, good night :c9

Keith did not do as well today. He was really cranky and it didn't take much to cause him to throw a temper tantrum. Doug is still out of cell phone reach but should be home sometime tomorrow. Called Doug's Mom again tonight so he could tell her goodnight and he also talked to Hannah and Zack and told them goodnight. He's still resisting going to sleep though (but that's normal for him even w/o Doug being gone). So far he's complained about being thirsty, hungry, too hot, too cold, needing socks, then wanting the socks off. Also his stuffed puppy is all of the above also. Then he put the puppy in the play kennel and then later took it out. All part of the nightly routine here.... Some nights he goes so far as to pinch or poke himself to keep himself awake.

Anyone know how to get him to stop fighting bedtime? Cause we put him to bed at 8 and he'll fight it til sometimes midnight (He gets up at 8:30 and won't take a nap so he's tired, but doesn't want to sleep)

Good morning!

Congrats on the Sixers win Marisa- and just in case you pop in before heading to your parents- GO JETS!

Sarah- Sounds like Keith doesn't want the day to end. Back in the day, we had a nightly ritual for the girls- which always ended up with a story in bed. Once that was over, it was time for bed- no more drinks, no more food, no more playtime, no more nothing! Maybe some quiet music to help soothe him? Sometimes it takes a few nights of crying, etc until they get the point, that when you say it's bedtime, it really is bedtime. Good luck- and I'm glad for you Doug will be home today!

The link didn't work LeeAnn- but I'll go to Project Linus and search there. Thanks- and again, it is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Off to get some coffee but wanted to wish everyone a happy, relaxing Sunday- it is another COLD day out there and tonight is supposed to be even colder- C'mon Spring!!!!!

Good morning, No swim meet today! :dance

Joanne, Cleaning so intently you forgot to eat... WHAT"S WRONG WITH YOU??? Seriously, I admire your energy level, and your ability to get things done. If I worked full-time, I'd come home and crash at the end of the day, and my kids would be lucky to get fed.

LeaAnn, thanks for sharing where to find your pattern. I have a ripple on my to-do list for pretty soon, I think. I am debating making a different pattern. Need to run it past my dd. She has a great eye for these things. I love the row of black between the blocks of color.

Sarah, :hug I wish I could tell you what to do about your little night-owl-wannabe. My kids were always good sleepers. The younger two tend to stay up later than I'd like, but they get to sleep in, so it works OK.

Stacy, In general, I recommend Bob's Red Mill gf products with one bad experience. I recently made the "Homemade Wonderful Gluten Free Bread mix" and it had a strange aftertaste that I couldn't handle. It was wonderful, as far as texture, but ... I won't do that again. By the way, the Steeler's flannelghan turned out very well. My sister would love it.

Marisa, I hope your trip is good. I'm glad you had a sixers win to make you smile. Talk to us when you can. You know we are thinking about you!:hug

Mary, I hope your hand is feeling better. When do you see the surgeon?

Colleen, I hope the childcare is going very well for you.

LeaAnne, how goes the flower designing? What's up with your chickens?

Shannon, have you been crocheting much lately?

Vicki, I think about you often. I hope your headaches are gone. How is our favorite TKD-er?

Today is grocery shopping, tutoring, and hopefully, finishing up two hats.

Good Sunday morning!

Beth- Hooray for no swim meet today! I hope you get some time to play today :wink I am having lots of fun learning about flower arranging. It is something that I never saw myself doing. But I have decided it's like you said... it's all about color and coordination of colors. It's a great chance for me to learn and grow :tup

Joanne - WTG on gettting all of your cleaning done! I am as ever in awe of your energy! you are an amazing person! :) Have you been doing any stitchin lately? What book are you reading?

Sarah - so sorry to hear that you and Keith had a rough one yesterday:( It must be really hard for him, since he's so used to having daddy around. As far as bedtime, I have no advice to offer... I have your same problem x4!:lol I liked Joanne's idea, and wonder if it would have worked when my chickens were younger:think

LeeAnn - I forgot to comment on your ripple... I :drool love it!!! I wish I could enjoy doing ripples. They are so lovely... I just can't seem to find the patience to make one:blush

Stacy - Hey, FG :queen! :lol It looks like that bug has bitten you BAD, girl! Seriously, though, your Steeler ghan is gorgeousness! I can't wait to see Yours all done! I am wondering if you ended up jinxing yourself or not about the girlies playing nice and gaining you extra hooky time.

Marisa - Yay for a Sixers win! And double Yay for you getting your Bernat ghan nearly all joined! I am remembering you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, as you go through the next few days. How are your brother and Mom holding up?

Colleen - Hi, there! I hope you are doing ok, and that the babysitting is not too stressful on you. How is WW going? Have you heard anything yet about your job prospect? I am thinking about you lots, friend!

Mary - How are YOU holding up? I hope that you are in less pain each day, and that your grands are keeping you plenty busy! :hug

Shannon - How are you all doing down there in LA? I am thinking of you, too.... I hope you get by here to post soon!

Well, friends, today I get to do some cleaning, food shopping:yuck, and then chillax and watch the football games. Our house will be cheering for the Packers in the NFC, and the AFC? That's a tough one...:lol

Tomorrow, I am going to work at 5am. Apparently, there are 3 pallets of flowers and a pallet of ribbon that need to be put out:eek After that, I need to pull supplies and kit them up for an "arrangement party" on Wednesday and Friday. We need to have 60 arrangements made by the end of the week. Currently, I have 8 done. The manager is giving me 3 coworkers to help me catch up with the assembly. I am thinking that 10 each of 6 good designs will work:yes We will get to use the classroom for the process, so we and the arrangements won't be interrupted. all in all, it's going to be a very busy and exciting week! Oh, and pics? I forgot yesterday to take any, but promise to share as the week goes along.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, filled with peace and blessings!

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Sounds like you are really enjoying your job LeaAnne! That is great and I'm so happy for you!!!!! And I'll be up at 5- going to work at 6AM tomorrow- I was supposed to do a little work over the weekend from home, but actually, I want to crochet instead, so I'll just go in early tomorrow and it'll be done before 8

I'm working on a flannel'ghan for me - using 3 colors- I've got 3 strips done- and sewn together and ends weaved in. I'm on block 4 of the 4th strip. I also have a scarf on my hook!

Hope everyone is having a good day

Go J-E-T-S!

Joanne congrats Grandma. Grandkids are just the best. Are they going to find out the sex?

My hand is still alittle sore. I go to the surgeon on Thursday this week. Please keep your fingers cross that I don't need surgey. Thanks

I have been crocheting a little each day, not very fast or for very long each day.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend

Bye for now

Joanne - What colors are you using for your FG? What scarf pattern?

Mary - I am glad your wrist is feeling less and less painful. I will be thinking of you on Thursday when you see the surgeon.

Hey, Marisa - Your Steelers are lookin pretty good in the 1st half! I hope you made it safely to your folks', and will be thinking of you all tomorrow.

Beth, Sarah, Stacy, LeeAnn, Colleen, and Shannon - :hi, and :hug to you all!

Have a great night, all! I will "see ya", hopefully tomorrow afternoon sometime...

Evenin all!

Joanne-can't wait to see your ghan too! You are speeding thru it. WTG! Are you excited to be thinking of baby items?

LeaAnne-so nice to see your posts! I have missed you! I am awaiting anxiously to see your flower arrangements, I can hardly wait!

Sarah-my kiddos are good about going to sleep. We do have a routine, and when it's time, it's time. If they take forever than the next night they go to bed 15 minutes early or whatever time they waste. This seems to work, but I am fairly strict. I am a firm believer that children need bedtime schedules and boundries with consequences. My bestie Rose does not have a regular bedtime at her house, it seems to work out ok, I think it is whatever works for your house. I hope that today was a better day for you.

Mary-I will be keeping my fingers crossed as is everyone else that you do not need surgery.

Marisa-how's your family holding up?

Beth-glad that you did not have swimming today, did you get all of your errands done? I love love love granny square ripples, regular ripples, not so much...I think it's the granny thing.

I have been down and out today. I was up last night with a terrible sore throat. I fell asleep at the in-laws, I just didn't feel well. This evening has been a combination of resting and trying to convince myself that I do feel better. I don't like feeling so icky. My body was aching and chilled and then had a headache. I might go to the dr. tomorrow, dh thinks I may have strep throat as dd had it two weeks ago. I was supposed to have taken out my tonsils a few years back, but I chickened out. Bet ya all didn't know what a chicki I am when it comes to dr.s?

ok, enough complaining. Have a great Monday morning friends!

hugs n extra squishes!

Quick good morning- I'm heading into paradise early

LeaAnne- I'm using Vanna's Dusty Blue, Silver Blue and Linen (had lots in my stash) for the FG and the scarf is the Surreybelle pattern (don't have time to link now)- it is by Sarah Cooper. Have fun flower arranging today

LeeAnn- Hope you feel better- and sounds like you may just have strep- go to the DR! :-)

Marisa- Congrats on the Steelers win- and I'm thinking about you and your family today and sending cyber hugs your way!

Gotta run

See you later.

Good morning!

Joanne, I'm assuming you left really early, so you could get that extra work done before your day starts. I hope it goes well for you.

Stacy, how's the flannelghan coming?

Mary, glad to hear that your hand is less painful. I hope the surgeon has good news for you on Thursday.

Colleen, thinking of you. I hope you and your family are doing great.

LeaAnne, you do sound very enthusiastic about your job. I'm so glad you found something interesting, fun, and challenging enough to keep you on your toes. Learning something new is great. So do you have more flower arrangements in your home now?

Marisa, thinking of you, Dear. It sounds like you are being a rock for your family. I hope you allow yourself some time to grieve, also.

Sarah, I hope Keith's daddy made it home safely.

LeaAnn, I hope you feel better. Do you think you might get strep throat, also?

Stacy, How is your flannelghan coming along?

Do you hear my bed calling me? It's being very insistent. If i didn't have to volunteer with the cats today, I'd be back under those covers.

Yesterday, I met the boy I tutor at the library near his house, and next to the YMCA where my sons volunteer. I took him home afterwards. He invited my son and me in. I started chatting with his mom and sister, had an impromptu crochet lesson with the sister (she's one of my advanced students) and stayed until past my bedtime. I'm feeling it today, though.

I need to go work in the ends on the hat I made for the friend of my son's coworker, so he can take it to work. talk to you later! :hug

Aaagh! My battery died right before I pressed send. :eek

I have had an accomplished morning- swept/vacuumed the floors, unloaded/loaded the dishwasher, and cleaned out my dresser and closet. Also changed the sheets on my bed and washed all of Eva's bedding, with one load of laundry waiting to be folded, one each in the washer and dryer. This morning before school I registered the girls for another Y class- Mia is taking the sports class with Isabella, and Isabella is taking a "weird science" class. Mia wanted to take cheer or gymnastics, but they were both full by 7 a.m.!

Joanne, I hope paradise was nice to you today. Do you get out early since you went in early?

Marisa, sending :hug:hug:hug and warm thoughts your way.

LeaAnne, it's so nice to see so many posts from you! I'm glad you are liking your job- it sure seems like a wonderful fit for you. :yay I would also love to see some :photo of your arrangements, if you can take some.

Beth, the impromptu invite and crochet lesson sound wonderful, even if you did pay for them this morning. It's always nice to chat with friends! Have fun with the kitties. Did you finish the hat?

Leeann, hope you are feeling better today. :hug:hug:hug I don't blame you for not getting your tonsils removed- I hate anything to do with hospitals, doctors, and procedures. :blush

Mary, I'm happy to hear your hand is feeling a bit better. :xfin that you hear nothing but good news on Thursday. :hug:hug

Sarah, did your df return yesterday? Sorry to hear about Keith's sleeping issues. Have you tried a nightlight or some soft music while he lies down? My kids have been on a schedule (much like Joanne's suggestion) since they were about 1 or 1-1/2. They clean up their room, take a bath/shower (depending on the night) we read some books, they can get a drink of water, then it's lights-out at 8 pm. In the summer they can stay up an hour later, sometimes on the weekends in summer they can stay up until whenever, but my oldest will stay up until midnight if I let her, and that cannot happen during the school year. A strict schedule works best for us, but as Leeann said, you have to find what works for your family. :hug:hug:hug:hug

Vicki, Shannon, Colleen- sending lots of :hug:hug:hug to you!

Oh, the flannel'ghan has stalled at the 1st block of the 2nd strip. Yesterday we took the girls to the Autry museum and then out to dinner. Mia's class went there last Friday, and the kids all received coupons for a free family membership! Anyway, after we came home, Mia asked me to make a blanket for her Woody doll, so that is what I worked on last night.

I best get going. Still have to run to Target before I pick up the girls and head to the Y. Have a great day!!

Sarah, did your df return yesterday? Sorry to hear about Keith's sleeping issues. Have you tried a nightlight or some soft music while he lies down? My kids have been on a schedule (much like Joanne's suggestion) since they were about 1 or 1-1/2. They clean up their room, take a bath/shower (depending on the night) we read some books, they can get a drink of water, then it's lights-out at 8 pm. In the summer they can stay up an hour later, sometimes on the weekends in summer they can stay up until whenever, but my oldest will stay up until midnight if I let her, and that cannot happen during the school year. A strict schedule works best for us, but as Leeann said, you have to find what works for your family. :hug:hug:hug:hug

Yes he came in at 6 am Sunday morning.

I've tried keeping to a strict schedule. But since I'm the only one who sees the importance of it it's doesn't work. Doug just doesn't get the necessity of a strict schedule. So even when I manage to get one going come the weekend it gets screwed up by Doug going visiting his family and usually not leaving until 10 or 11 pm which means of course he doesn't get home till 10:30 or midnight depending whose house he was at. Or Doug decides he needs to take Keith to church on a Wednesday night which means they don't get home til after 8. And of course Keith is hungry so has to be fed again cause he'll be so excited about going he won't eat before they leave. He does better if kept to a strict schedule but Doug doesn't see it. And no matter how much I try and get him to leave at a decent hour when he's visiting when he's chatting with family he just has no time sense. It's gotten so bad that KEITH has taken to when Doug says goodbye to his family the first time Keith runs to the truck so Doug HAS to leave. Otherwise it would take another hour or more to get him out of the house and saying goodbye several more times. Whoops sorry this got so long. As you can tell it's something that annoys me =0(

Hi all,

Sarah- that must be very frustrating- it always does work better when the adults are on the same page - Like Stacy, my kids were in bed by 8- and 9 in the summer- no ifs/ands/buts-:yes. Maybe you could speak to Doug about your concerns and the importance of setting a schedule before he starts school so that he'll be used to one when he starts. Good luck:hug:hug

Beth- Hope you had fun with the kitties today- and I did get the work done that I needed to by going in early. I have a ton to do- and was very busy- but left at 4- I may log in a little tonight if I get really ambitious- but this week is turning into one of the infamous 12 day weeks- found out today I have to work sat/Sun this week! I'm not real thrilled with that, but really I don't have a choice!

Stacy- You did have a productive day!!! WTG on getting all that cleaning done!!!! You are going to be busy with school and all the girls activities- it reminds me of when my 3 were younger- I think the busier you are, the more productive you are too- at least I had to think that way! :lol

LeeAnn- Did you go to the Dr today? How are you feeling?

Mary- Good luck on Thursday- fingers and toes and everything crossed along with positive thoughts that you have a good outcome and don't need the surgery.

Colleen- Thinking o fyou and hoping all is well with you and the family

Marisa- I think Beth said it well- you seem like the strong one- and hope that you too find time to grieve- it's important! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Off to do laundry (that didn't get done this weekend)

Have a good evening everyone!

HI all!

quick post, I went to the doc today and yup, have strep. I am taking meds and hope to be feeling better soon. Today was spent resting, ds is now beginning to feel sick. Will post more tomorrow when my head feels like it is not soo fuzzy.

hugs n squishes!

Archived