Some good clean fun?!

Well, try to hibernate for a couple of days, and look what happens without me!

:bday Marisa!!! I hope it was a fun day, and today is even more fun!! Or more funner as my kids used to say.

:bday Vicki!!! I'm missing you!

Joanne, you do have a great attitude about things -- what's meant to be will be. I hope you get the job of your dreams.

Mary, what did the surgeon have to say? How is your hand coming along?

Colleen, it sounds like work is keeping you busy. How is your own business plan going?

Marisa, happy b'day, again. How is your family doing? How is Mary?

LeaAnn, so sorry to hear that you were pulled over. I am glad you were just warned. Since the kids wear their seatbelts all the time, it will never amount to anything. How frustrating, though. And how unlike you to be grouchy! You are usually so happy and uplifting. I hope today is a better day for you.

Stacy, your girls are growing up TOO FAST!!! What a bike rider you have there!!! Your day sounds like a whirlwind. I hope today gives you a chance to relax a bit.

Shannon, I hope all is well with you.

Sarah, what is your little man doing now? He's such an amazing child.

LeaAnne, Did you get all the flower arrangements made? Was it fun to work with a group on that project? What are the chickens doing these days?

Well, I got hooked on a video game again, and I am neglecting everything else. I don't have time to mess with it today, though, so hopefully, I'll get things accomplished. I teach crochet to homeschoolers from 11 to 1, then tutor for an hour, and I invited a couple of teens over for pizza night. I heard that one of the boys really likes my deep dish pizza. :c9 And he's just a NICE kid -- younger than mine, but fits in very well. And my dog adores him. I did most of the housecleaning yesterday, so that won't be an issue today. I do need to run to the grocery store, though.

Have a great one!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:birthdayHi Marisa-Birthday wishes and :flowerHow was your day? Has the snow had a chance to melt?

Joanne-you have such a great outlook on life! I like the way you think! I hope that the snow doesn't dump on you again, what a pain!

Beth-your Friday Pizza nights sound :c9. Dh is cooking, I am beat. :lol

Stacy-how neat that you have such great weather that you can ride bikes and be outside. Your dd is becoming a pro!

Colleen-hope everything works out for you!

Mary-so glad that you did not need surgery. :clap:clap

Today has been busy, I am almost finished with the last batch of candles...for now. I enclosed a few pics for you all to take a looksie...oh and finished the ripple border.

best get the candle goodies put away...I have a few hardening up and supplies all over the table.

hugs n squishes! BBL!

post-33271-135897621515_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897621519_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897621522_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897621525_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897621527_thumb.jpg

What pretty eye candy to look at after a very LONG day in Paradise today! LeeAnn- the ripple is gorgeous and I Love your candles!!!! They are great!!!!

Marisa- Hope you are having fun at the game and you get some cake!!!!

Beth- I don't play video games- I'd probably get sucked in too. But I do like my Wii FIT!

Have fun at pizza night tonight and hope that the crocheting lessons went well today.

Colleen- Wish I could say TGIF, but I'm glad for you it is!!!

Mary- Great news that you don't need surgery!!! Nice to read some good news!

Stacy- How was the trip today?

Vicki- Missing you here. You too, shannon and Sarah! LeaAnne- thinking of you arranging spring flowers amidst all this SNOW puts a smile on my face.

I was nominated for employee of the year- didn't win- there were 10 people nominated - and of course only 1 winner- but we all got a $500 check less taxes. And it was nice that my hard work was recognized.

Off to do a little crocheting- and then will probably fall asleep early again. LONG weekend of work ahead!

Hugs to all!

Congrats Joanne on Employee of the Year nomination! You should be very proud! Why am I not surprised to hear that? :D I hope your job works out for the spring, but at least this one lasted much longer than it was originally meant to, right? :yes

Marisa - I hope you had a fun day today!

LeeAnn :drool that ripple is beautiful and your candles look so professional! You are amazing how you get so much made! Are you selling these candles at your friend's shop?

Stacy - How was the field trip?

Beth - Enjoy your gaming. You deserve a break now and then! My business is on hold pending this job opportunity. If I don't get it I'll probably just do the childcare for a while. It is a temporary gig (probably through February at least) and then I have another job possibility for the end of April. But, I'm all set to market again if I need to.

:hi Mary - Glad to hear your wrist is healing.

:hi LeaAnne, Shannon, Sarah, Vicki and everyone I've missed!

Today was a good day. The kids were in school and I don't volunteer on Fridays, so I could relax a bit. I had a very leisurely cup of coffee this morning while looking out my front window and just reflecting on all that has been going on lately. I needed to do that. It's been a little crazy. I vacuumed the entire house and mopped all the floors. I ran an errand. We had BBQ steak for supper, so that was easy peasy. I brought the sleds up for the kids to go sledding after school. They enjoy it and it keeps them outside and active. I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend. DD starts a new dance class tomorrow, so we're looking forward to that. Otherwise DD and I are working on cleaning out her room. She is a pack rat and got so many new toys for Christmas and her birthday that we need to sort it all out.

I thought of you all this evening and remembered fondly our Friday night chats. I hope your weekends are off to a good start (even you Joanne) :hug

Good morning!

I miss our Friday night chats too Colleen- they were fun! But life sometimes has a way of getting in the way if you know what I mean. Sounds like you had just the kind of day you needed yesterday!!! I need one of those too!. Yes, this project did go longer than originally anticipated and I'm glad it did. I've really enjoyed working with this group of people and will be sad when it's over. If only I could retire when it is!! But that's not an option so onward and upward!

I leave at 7:30 this morning- so I was going to dust and vacuum before heading out the door, but I think I just may pick up my scarf and work on that for a while, so I don't feel like ALL I'm doing is working!!! LOL

Have a wonderful day!

Top of the morning friends!

Joanne-have a great day at work! Congratulations being nominated employee of the year! You are exceptional! Will the end of this project mean the end of the job? Did you get to work on your scarf?

Colleen-you are keeping super busy. Before and after school care is wonderful for families. When my kiddos were young, it would have been wonderful, I could never find anyone to do it. My kiddos had to go to daycare, it was rough. Have you been crafting at all?

The candle making business has become addicting! I get all of my cleaning done in the morning, then craft in the afternoons for about 3 hours, then have to clean up, pick up my kiddos and start the evening routine. But I dream of candles! :lol I want to try making marble container candles, I am going to try it this afternoon, but first have to clean. The floors are in desperate need of a good mopping and sweeping. I did the rest of the cleaning so it shouldn't be too much...let's see if I can get the family on board.

I will be setting up a table at Kathi's shop, (she is in Chile) for the Valentine sale. I miss her. I am also thinking of setting up a booth for a summer festival here. Any pointers? I have to look into it more, but I think I can build up a stash of everything before then.

ok, best get busy. Will keep you posted on the candle making bus. I also want to make more fingerless mitts. Black with red fun fur on the edgings. Will start those tonight.

hugs n squishes!

:hi everybody!!! Sorry I am posting so late. I had a slow start, and kind of got caught up working on the mittens I'm making my dd.

LeaAnn, your projects are gorgeous. I'm so glad you get to share them with us. I hope you have a lot of luck with the candle business. My son's girlfriend and I want to start building up stock and go to a craft show together.

Joanne, how wonderful that you were nominated for employee of the year!!! Wow! Congratulations!

Colleen, I'd kind of like some time to just sit and think about things, too. I cut back my hours at work to try to slow things down, but then I got more hours tutoring, (which I really and truly love, and which pays a lot better than my volunteering!) and I seem to be back where I used to be.

Mary, I'm SO happy you don't need surgery, and you are healing. Are you back to crocheting normally?

Stacy, I hope you and your girls are having a great weekend (and Jorge, too, gotta remember him!)

LeaAnne, I hope you are still enjoying your job. It sounds like a fun place to work.

Marisa, Got any plans for the Super Bowl?

Sarah, how are things? Are you babysitting any more?

Today, I am taking my son to his girlfriend's house, then taking my daughter to the LYS. The mother of two of my crochet students gave me a gift card. I decided that I need a pompom maker! Top off the hats better, you know.

have a great one!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Sorry been busy. We're painting the living room today. So spent all week trying to get things organized in the living room. May only get half the living room this weekend and the other next weekend then the weekend after that get carpeting in (depends on when we get income tax check when we get the carpet). Other than that nothing going on here...

Happy Belated Birthday to Vicki and Marisa.

Beth no I haven't been doing anymore babysitting.

Hey ladies :D

I hi-jacked this post from the 'our house' thread again so I wouldn't have to re-type. Wow :eek Can you say lazy!!! :rofl

Well, my sixers lost last night Started of in the lead although there really was no game until the 4th quarter and then the other team started to play, but mine just didn't look like they got the memo that they were playing

Yesterday was much better than thursday. We had vanilla cake with vanilla icing and blue decorations and writing. Mary got some balloons of course Today we went out shopping and for brunch. My bro finally switched the costco membership for me and we went to get Mary's new phone for only $20 (it costs $150 at at&t, amazing ) Picked up a few items there and went to Cracker Barrel for brunch. Stopped at Petsmart, I needed filter inserts to clean the turtles and Mary needed cat food and litter Then where did I go and buy myself a bday gift Barnes and Noble and yep, y'all guessed it!!!! A NOOK I called my mom from the car and told her I just left B&N, so she knew what I had Since I've been debating for about 3-4 months now So, the lady told me that I can use up to 6 devices with my account so I'm going to set up the nook software on my mom's ipad and link it to my account and we'll have the same library Instead of her having a separate account and doing the 'lending' thing

So now that's plugged up and charging, I have a load of laundry in the washer and I think I'm going to go ahead and get those turtles cleaned before getting caught up in anything. I was going to wait til the morning, but I think I'll just get the job done Last night I got the 1st round of border to the bernat ghan And tomorrow we have another sixers game.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes :hug :hug :ghug:hug :hug

Beth - What video game sucked you in? I get attached too, once you get started it seems the time just slips away. I'm probably headed out to a friend's superbowl party :think You?

Mary - :yay for not needing surgery, just keep doing what you're supposed to :yes

LeeAnn - Your candles and ripple are great :yes

Joanne - :yay for being nominated for the employee of the year :cheer

Colleen - Are you getting the quiet weekend you anticipated?

Sarah - Have fun painting :D I enjoy painting :lol

Hi all,

Another LONG day in Paradise and just stopping in to say hi and see what you're all up to!

Marisa- You are going to love the NOOK!!! Did you get the Nook color?

Beth- I could use a pom pom maker too! Sounds like a great idea to build up stock and go to a craft show. My middle DD (the artist) wants me to do a craft show with her- she paints and makes jewelry- and she wants me to have crochet stuff- so far I have 3 scarves with a 4th almost done- hopefully tonight- and a pair of fingerless mitts. So we'll see- I only have so much time to crochet!!!

LeeAnn- So happy that you are loving the candle making- they are so beautiful and all your work is great! You would do well selling and wishing you lots of luck!!! When this project that I've been assigned to is over, I'll be going back to my dept. (which kind of bums me out, because I really liked what I was doing on the project and I liked my boss alot and her managerial style) We;ll see what I decide to do- but one thing is for sure- I can't quit my job!

Stacy, Mary, Colleen, LeaAnne, Sarah- hugs to you all!!!

Hi all,

Another LONG day in Paradise and just stopping in to say hi and see what you're all up to!

Marisa- You are going to love the NOOK!!! Did you get the Nook color?

Sorry you had a long day on a weekend :hug

Yep, got the color. I'm very excited about it :yes I've been playing around a bit and getting familiar, but havent downloaded anything yet :lol

What a great day!!! I LOVE my pom pom makers, just want the bigger ones, too. Joanne, you need to get one! I cannot believe how round and fluffy they turn out, with such little effort. I also bought some yarn, two skeins of a shiny blue. I had promised my dd lacy gauntlets for a long time. Now I'm finally going to make them. It's http://www.crochetkitten.com/files/Josephine_Gauntlets.pdf pattern. I have the first 10 rows done of the first one. It seems pretty easy. I had to make it smaller to fit her thin arm, but she's so happy with it! So I'm thrilled. I finished regular winter mittens for her. She tried them on, and gave me two thumbs up (in them.)

Marisa -- WAY TO GO!!!! Awesome to get yourself a present you really want, something you will enjoy. You work so hard -- you deserve something special! Oh, the video game that has sucked me in... Fallout 3 for the Xbox 360 -- supposedly it's 200 years after the Chinese dropped atomic bombs on the USA.

Sarah, what color are you painting?

LeaAnn, have you experimented with many scents for your candles?

Good evening, ladies! See you tomorrow!!!:hug:hug:hug

What a great day!!! I LOVE my pom pom makers, just want the bigger ones, too. Joanne, you need to get one! I cannot believe how round and fluffy they turn out, with such little effort. I also bought some yarn, two skeins of a shiny blue. I had promised my dd lacy gauntlets for a long time. Now I'm finally going to make them. It's http://www.crochetkitten.com/files/Josephine_Gauntlets.pdf pattern. I have the first 10 rows done of the first one. It seems pretty easy. I had to make it smaller to fit her thin arm, but she's so happy with it! So I'm thrilled. I finished regular winter mittens for her. She tried them on, and gave me two thumbs up (in them.)

Marisa -- WAY TO GO!!!! Awesome to get yourself a present you really want, something you will enjoy. You work so hard -- you deserve something special! Oh, the video game that has sucked me in... Fallout 3 for the Xbox 360 -- supposedly it's 200 years after the Chinese dropped atomic bombs on the USA.

Sarah, what color are you painting?

LeaAnn, have you experimented with many scents for your candles?

Good evening, ladies! See you tomorrow!!!:hug:hug:hug

Pale green, to me it's looks like the pale green sea glass we would pick up on Glass Beach in Fort Bragg, California. Also maybe sea foam green... or a spring green... LOL we bought it on clearance for $5 so don't know the exact color... just that it was close to the color I was looking at in Home Depot...

Good morning

Sarah- I love greens on walls- very soothing to me! Have fun painting!

Beth- I'll have to check out the pom-pom makers- and those gauntlets look like something my middle DD would love! Saved the pattern- thanks!

Marisa- Have fun at the Sixers game today!

Colleen, Mary, LeeAnn, LeaAnne, Shannon....hope you all have a good relaxing day- and fingers crossed that mine isn't another LONG day in Paradise.

See you later- and do some crafting for me- LOL

Good morning, everyone,

Sarah, that color sounds lovely!!! What a great deal, too.

Joanne, :xfin that your day goes quickly, and you're home with your hook before you know it.

Marisa, you'll have to let us know what you choose to download first. Does it hold a lot of books at one time, or just one at a time?

LeaAnn, your candles are very pretty. I love a good soy candle. Can you use the same fragrances that you use to make soap, or are they different?

Well, it's grocery shopping day and tutoring, and I need to work more on the gauntlets (after I finish my charity hat for the week.) I hope you all have a peaceful, fun and love-filled Sunday!:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

It's Sunday and I feel like the weekend is just beginning, but it's over :( I guess with all the running and cleaning of the turtles yesterday and then learning the nook, the whole day just got away from me :lol

I only have 2 rounds left on the border of the bernat cal ghan and it will finally be finished :clap I'm going to head upstairs with it to finish up while I watch some shows on the dvr up there. I'm supposed to be able to watch either dvr in both places, but I have to configure them together and just haven't stopped to spend the time to do it yet, nor do I feel like it today. It probably won't get done until I really want something in one place :lol I haven't yet downloaded anything, still just playing around to learn it. Did read a sample of somthing, but am not going to get it :think

Beth - :yay for the pom pom maker. Thanks for sharing the gauntlets pattern, I printed one for me and one for Mary, I know she'll really really love them :yes The nook can hold thousands of books :yes and there's room for an expansion card too :yes Good luck on your game, I haven't played that at all.

Sarah - Green is my favorite color...all shades :yes

Joanne - I hope work goes quickly for you today and that you get home soon to get some reading or crafting in :yes

Good Morning friends!

Joanne-I hope today passes by quickly and that it's short short short. You already have 4 scarves and a set of mitts? Your stash is going to be big before you know it! I'm excited for you!

Sarah-oooohhhh laaaa laaaa! I love green too! That is dh's favorite color. How's the painting coming along? I'm a messy painter. I get paint everywhere, but I do a good job, it's the perfectionist in me.

Beth-ohhh I love the pattern! I printed it to try out a set. I hope that I can make them. Thank you! Some of the scents that I use can be used for candle and soap but you have to be careful because they all have a flashpoint. They can start on fire instantly. Scary.:eek You tutor on Sundays? Do you get a day off?

Marisa-your Nook sounds fantastic! I have been trying to convince dh that I need one. :yes Let me know how it works for you.

I didn't get a chance to make more candles yesterday. Instead I re-arranged my craft room. I was telling dh, "I need a craft room for all of my goodies", to which he promptly replied, "you have one, it's burried under all that yarn":rofl:rofl what a riot! Had to re-arrange so that I do not have to tote anything, it's at my finger tips. After doing that I was tired, so had to read and watch the second HP movie. I'm addicted! Crafting and reading is taking over my life!!!! I would ask for help, but am enjoying myself tremendously.

ok, best get the kitchen tidied up before sitting to crochet.

hugs n squishes!

:hi all!

Joanne, congrats on your employee of the year nomination!! I'm not surprised. :wink Very cool that they rewarded all of the nominees, also. :xin that things work out for you in the other department.

Mary, glad to hear your wrist is healing nicely. Did the dr. say how much longer it could take? Are you still able to crochet is small amounts?

Sarah, green is a wonderful color for the walls- very soothing, as Joanne said. :yes I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Beth, you work so hard- you deserve a gaming break! :yes My dh has Fallout 3, and even though I don't play video games, that one does look interesting. The gauntlet pattern is really cool- thanks for posting it! I know Mia would love them, I might also make myself a pair. I bet they would be dressy if I used Vanna's Glamour. :yes

Marisa, a belated :bday!! Sounds like you had a fun day. :yes What an awesome deal you found on Mary's phone. I've heard wonderful things about Costco, but have yet to get a membership. Maybe once we have our own house again and I have more room to store large amounts of things. :lol Have fun at the Sixers game! Do you have season tickets?

Leeann, as always, your eye candy is :drool! You do such wonderful work! How much longer until Kathi returns from Chile? How is your ds feeling?

Colleen, you have been busy, busy! :xfin that your job opportunities work out. Hope your weekend was restful. :hug:hug

Joanne, you know,I always thought Paradise sounded wonderful, but your long days sure don't make me want to find out. :wink:lol Hope you have a short day today!

Vicki, Shannon, LeaAnne, - hope you all had a nice weekend!

Well, we have a quiet house today. :manyheart Roomie had a seminar and took her monsters, and dh is helping a friend move. Yesterday I told the girls we would go to the park, but it started raining early in the morning, so now we are having a movie day. Which means lots of hooky time for me. :devil:devil:devil I'm hoping to make some major headway on the flannel'ghan today, right after I make my bed and get the bathroom straightened up.

Talk to you later!!!

Hey ladies, checking in on my nook and still working on my bernat ghan border.

Leeann, I'm loving this nook so far and your dh made me laugh about your craft room being hidden under your yarn. :rofl

Stacy, yep, me and mary have season tickets for our sixers. :yes

Archived