Some good clean fun?!

Good evening ladies :hi

Just a quick check in. The Steelers Lost :(:angry:( My sister is a die hard steelers fan, has season tix and everything. My oldest nephew just called me to ask if I watched the game :lol I told him yes and asked if he did (they don't have cable) and he said yes and asked if I wanted to know how.............my dad set up the webcam on his tv and they watched the game that way! :lol

Oh well, next years another one ;)

Sorry, I'm not going to post individually since I'm tired, but I'll catch y'all later.

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. I think I'm awake -- well, I'm out of bed, at least. It's a busier than usual monday, and Mondays tend to be busy. My dd and I take care of cats, then I take my son to register for WSI (Water Safety Instructor) classes, then I tutor, then I work. And in between all that, I do the homeschool thing and some homemaking things. Boy, is my bed calling me though.

I am too tired to say much to everyone. Just take one and pass it along....:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Quick good morning and Welcome to Monday! Seems like I was just posting TGIF!!!!

Hope you all have a good day- seems that Monday's are not the most favorite day of the week!!

Thanks for the hugs Beth- I took one!!! and am now passing them on.:hug:hug:hug:hug

good morning! Just wanted to stop by to leave some :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug, and I think I will grab one of Beth's, too!

LeeAnn - you are amazing! Your goodies are very professional looking! WTG!

Stacy - good luck with the bed rails... and back to school-ness! Woot!

Beth - I hope you have a great day!

Joanne - What a fun way to share the announcement! Your DD and SIL are very clever!

Colleen - WTG on the WW program! you and DH are doing great!!! I hope that you hear some good news this week :xfin

Marisa - Wowza! Your hooks have been smokin', lady! Have a terrific dday!

Sarah - :clap for a day off of babysitting!

I gotta get going for now, but wanted to be sure to come by and say :hi!

Make today the bestest, and don't forget your vitamins!:manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

Looks like a few of you are up and ready to start the day :yes It sure is monday, for those of you asking, and I agree....the weekend flew right on by :eek I don't know where it went :shrug and if I blinked, I may have missed it :lol

Nothing new since last night going on here. Well, I think I'll make myself a bfast sandwich to take with me this morning :idea

See y'all later :waving

Morning all!

Seems like we are all feeling the Monday blues to a certain extent. Feel tired, must drink coffee.

Nice to hear from everyone, BBL after I have more energy. Hugs n squishes back atcha friends!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr. :thair:bang:rant:grump I called weeks ago to find out when to register my son for the WSI class he needs, and was told to come in today. I called again to see when today, and they said after 5 a.m. So I went today around 9 a.m., and it wasn't in the computer yet. Maybe not a big deal, but it was pretty far out of my way. On the plus side, they said we can register him by phone now, and I was a couple blocks from Trader Joe's, so I stopped in and got some gluten free bagels! I am going to eat breakfast sandwiches this week!!!:cheer:D:yay:c9 They feel super soft -- I can't wait to see how they taste.

Talk to you later!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

MornIng, besties!

I am waiting for my first class, and it is in the new science building- which has wi-fi! Yay!

Looks like ou all are having a tired Monday- so I will send out some of my energy and pep to you! :cheer. I am excited to be back to class and doing something for me. It beats cleaning any day. LoL

Will post more once I have a full keyboard in front of me.

Love you!

I'm a VERY VERY VERY Happy person right now... I just scored a bunch of yarn off of the local freecycle.

Here's a pic of most of it... towards the back of the seat of the chair is 3 cakes of Red Heart Light and Lofty that just show up as a black blob. I didn't include all the small scrap balls that were in one of the bags...

[ATTACH]34602[/ATTACH]

Good Afternoon, Besties!

I hope everyone survived their Mondays ok....:lol

Just wanted to drop in and let you know I was thinking about you all today.

I am going to sit tonight and get some stitching in, if I can figure out what I want to play with:think

Anyhoo.... I hope you all have a great evening!

:hug:hug:hug

I'm a VERY VERY VERY Happy person right now... I just scored a bunch of yarn off of the local freecycle.

Here's a pic of most of it... towards the back of the seat of the chair is 3 cakes of Red Heart Light and Lofty that just show up as a black blob. I didn't include all the small scrap balls that were in one of the bags...

[ATTACH]34602[/ATTACH]

:cheer:cheer:cheer Nice score!!!!

Have fun with your new goodies! I can't wait to see what it all wants to be

Hi Ladies

The winter blues have hit here also. I did make our supper for lunch so that we only have something lite for supper. My in-laws always eat their meals that way. I didn't feel like doing anything else so I had a nap instead.

The crocheting is coming along. I can now crochet for longer periods but still not up to speed yet.

Iam trying to use my right hand more things.

My house is still turned upside down, but I know I will get things back together soon. Iam hoping to paint the livingroom/kitchen at the end of the month or beging of march.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

Talk to you Later

Lots of Love

:hug:manyheart

Good evening ladies :hi

My day was slow at work, but I found out i have a deposition tomorrow morning so spend a good portion of the day reviewing that file. It's 3 years old, so needed some refreshing :lol

Now I'm going to crawl into my pj's and cuddle up with my nook on the couch. I'm nearing the end of my book, so want to finish it up tonight :think

Beth - Sorry the registration did work out, but at least you got the bagels :D

Stacy - How was class today?

Sarah - Awesome!!!!! :clap:yay

LeaAnne and Mary - :hi

and to everyone else that pops through :hi

Hi all,

Good to see the RED post from Mary- and glad to hear that the hand continues to improve and that you are able to crochet more and more!

Monday- was well- Monday- but then I stopped by DD and SIL's after work for some dinner since they had alot of leftovers. DH won't be home till about 8- so he's on his own- (not really- I brought a plate of food home for him - LOL)

Sarah- NiCE score on the yarn!!! You must be in heaven. Do you have any plans yet on what you are going to crochet with it?

LeeAnn- Hope you had a relaxing day today- you've been going full speed ahead getting all your lovely packages together and making candles, soaps, crocheting, raising 2 children......

STacy- Hope you had a GREAT first day back in classes!!! It's so good to "hear" your excitement!!!!!

Beth- ARRRRR- I would be annoyed too- but Hey, at least they had a TJ's nearby- how were the bagels? As good as they looked? I've been eating the Thomas 110 cal bagels when I get the urge for one-

Marisa- Have a nice relaxing evening reading. I'm going to check outthe new show Chicago Code tonight- and then watch Harry's Law - I love that show- so I'll be pulling out the hook and cotton and make a mindless dishcloth.

LeaAnne- Can't wait to hear what you decided to stitch tonight!!!

Colleen-Hope you had a good day today- and I'm thinking positive thoughts for you!!!

Off to get my pj's on and settle in for some hooky time!!

Joanne just reminded me to post the pic of my baby cardigan. You can't see the buttons because they're clear on the white part. The one at the top is a bit bigger and then there's 2 smaller ones.

Oh, I LOVE IT:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart What is the pattern?

Joanne just reminded me to post the pic of my baby cardigan. You can't see the buttons because they're clear on the white part. The one at the top is a bit bigger and then there's 2 smaller ones.

Very cute =0) Like the color. =0)

No idea what I'm going to make yet with the yarn. One of the skeins will be going to a friend for her soon to be step-daughter as it's not colors I like and I can't use it to make something myself cause there isn't enough to make something for each of Keith's female cousins as I can't make something for just one of them w/o everyone getting upset and telling me I need to make something for the rest of them... That's 8 kids. I don't get that much crochet time and I don't crochet that fast to be able to do that. Which is why I mainly make stuff for myself, Doug or Keith. It's the only way to keep the peace.

It's pretty mostly Red Heart Light and Lofty in various colors with a few other types like Lion Brand Homespun and the 3 skeins of TLC Amore.

ETA: I think I need to go put this with the rest of my "Stash" and figure out just HOW much yarn I actually have... I'm kinda afraid to find out.

:waving all!

I am beat! :yawn I had 2 classes today- the second one let out as soon as she took roll and went over the syllabus, so I ran to Trader Joe's to get a few groceries. Then back to pick up Eva, went to the post office, picked up the other two girls, and went to the Y for their activities. Then home for quick dinner (nachos) because dh had class tonight.

I think the women's history class is going to be easy-peasy. There is no homework, no quizzes, no papers, etc. Just reading and 4 essay-exams. I am on the wait list for the astronomy class. The professor said he will accept a few people each week as others drop the course. About 10 people left the class today, because of his homework/testing/classroom policies, so I am hopeful that I will get in.

Tomorrow is the women's health class- I need to remember a brightly-colored piece of paper for that one! :lol The prof. has everyone write their names on slips of paper, and chooses one person to select a few. Last time I wrote mine on a bright orange paper, and it was the first one picked. It just has to work this time. :yes:wink I also checked in with my ITV (online class) and I just don't know if I'll be able to do it. It is a condensed course, only 8 weeks (because there is another 8-week class right after that) and the astronomy class is already a large workload. Don't want to wear myself out.

Anyway, Eva just loved her first day back. She was greeted by everyone as soon as we walked in, and she ran off to play immediately with one of the little girls. I knew she would be excited to see her friends again. :yes

Sarah, WTG on that great score! I made my mom a blanket with Light and Lofty a while back, and she uses it almost daily. Have fun figuring out what to do with it.

Marisa, your baby sweater is so sweet!!! I just love it. Too bad I don't have a baby to make it for. LoL Good luck at your deposition.

Beth, yikes @ your son's registration. At least you can over the phone and don't have to go back, though. Enjoy your g/f bagels. Can't wait to hear your review. Our TJ's doesn't have them.

Mary, I love to see that red writing! Glad that your hand is healing nicely. What color are you planning to paint with?

LeaAnne, what's shakin', bacon? Did you figure out what you wanted to make?

Joanne, how cool that you got to stop by dd's and have dinner with them. I thought their ideas for the big announcement were very creative! Do they have names picked out yet? Or will they wait until they find out the sex?

Leeann, your packages are beautiful!!! Your business is really coming along! :cheer

Well...I am trying to stay up for dh, but I just don't know. Still one hour left to go, and my eyes want to close NOW. I'm sure it doesn't helped that I'm propped up on my fluffy-soft new pillows with my flannel'ghan. :lol Maybe I should get up and walk around a bit.

Have a great night, besties!!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning!

Stacy- Sure sounds like a whirlwind first day of classes. Fingers crossed for the astronomy! It's great that Eva was so glad to be back and that she immediately went to play with friends! Wonderful!!! DD has a few names she likes but said that once they find out the sex of the baby, they'll be narrowing it down. For now, it's baby! LOL

Sarah- So did you figure out your stash? That's nice that you are going to give some to a friend.

Beth- Was your yesterday crazy busy?

Wow- it's almost 6AM- I have got to skedaddle!!! Make it a good day everyone!!!

:hi. My bed called me back after I sent my hubby out the door. I really needed it yesterday, but it still felt good today!

And I've been productive, well at least I tried. I tried to place an order online for the technologically challenged ballet teacher -- one item is out of stock, so I need to wait to hear from her to know how to handle it. I called the lady back about registering my son for class -- she called while I was at work, I called while she wasn't at work... We'll get together eventually. And I ate a bagel with egg and cheese for breakfast!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer It may not sound like a big deal to you, but it was a HUGE deal for me. :D

Joanne, have a good day at work. A 5 day week should feel like a walk in the park after the 12 day week you just survived!

Stacy, the bagels are udi's gluten free foods plain bagel. They are HUGE!!! I was quite full after one, and I'm a chronic overeater. They are soft, chewy, tasty, a little bit dry, but I'm still giving it two thumbs up, and I will get more! I hope you get in the astronomy class you want. It sounds like a busy semester for you. I'm sure you'll do great. I'm glad Eva enjoyed her class. So nice to be welcomed with enthusiasm!

Sarah! Congratulations on getting the yarn. That's a good haul!

Marisa, your sweater turned out lovely. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

Mary, winter blahs are NO fun!!! What color are you going to paint? Do you want to come help me finish my painting projects that are half done?

LeaAnne, what project did you work on?

LeaAnn, what projects are you working on? How is the sale at your friend's store going?

Today is a much easier day. I need to get the order straight for the ballet teacher, get the registration process going for my son, and work for 3 hours or so at the studio. Sounds like a walk in the park!

Good Morning friends!

Marisa-I must say I absolutely adore your sweater! How sweet is that? Thank you for sharing the link to the pattern, I have soo many patterns floating in my head that I want to try...If only. :lol I hope your day goes well with your disp.

Joanne-I forgot to tell you, thank you so much for sharing the link for your cozy. I was thinking to myself, what is this new gadget??? ds said, "mom, that is like the coolest thing out there!" ohhh, I'm not up with the times. :) Thank you so very much for all of your compliments. It is fun being a mommy but lots of work. Crafting is so enjoyable but I was starting to stress out about the sale. It is so awesome that you are close with your dd's. I miss having that, awhile back my mom and our whole family had a falling out...it's been a mess. However, she is doing what she thinks is best against all of our wishes and is not having contact with any of her daughters. That's another story.

Beth-glad that you were able to go back to bed. You always sound so busy. your dh gets up early! wow! I don't know if I could get up at 4. The sale begings on Thursday and goes till Saturday. 3 day sale. Yipee! I will be delivering a few baskets today as well as the ripple ghan, it's tough letting it go, but I know it is going to a good home. :yes

Stacy-you are going to have a busy semester. The 8 week classes are brutal and painful. I 5 one summer and thought I was going to have a breakdown...no time for anything except homework and studying. It is good that you are taking things slow, better to enjoy what you are taking. I'm glad that your dd's first day back was enjoyable. :D

Sarah-great find on the yarn! That is also soo sweet of you to give some of it away. I can be very stingy with yarn. :devil Actually I am getting better, I will share everything I have, but yarn, now that's hard to let go...dd is always in my yarn stash and I have now gotten to the point where it doesn't pain me to see her using it.

LeaAnne-what did you make? can't wait to hear about it, you are fast at crocheting too!

Mary-soo happy to hear from you! Painting is hard work, will it hurt your wrist? I am glad that you are healing up and are able to crochet.

Yesterday I pampered myself after getting my chores done. Gave myself a mani, pedi and colored my hair. I feel human again! Also made a set of scarf/mitts set in sage. So pretty. Today I am going to make a batch of lotion bars and run errands-If I can. It is like a blizzard outside, we are under a Winter Storm advisory-snow and wind are making visibility difficult.

Guess I had better get crackin'. Love and hugs!

:waving, friends! ...here's hoping that my post finds you well and having a funtabulousness day!:lol

Joanne - I love your tri-color flannelghan! It looks wonderful! I like how it has so much more interest than the original version.:cheer:cheer WTG on it! When is your project at work ending?

Marisa - TY for sharing the pattern of that Adorable baby sweater! You sure are one fast hooky player! I hope that the deposition went well for you today, and that it's all over.

Stacy - :nworthy! wow! sounds like you will have one really full schedule this sememster! I hope everything works out and that you get the classes you most want.

Beth - :clap for your bed calling you back!:devil The bagels you got sound yummy! I am glad you got to enjoy the egg/cheese sandwich! I like those, too, but they mostly don't like me. When I dare to have it, it IS a real treat! I hope your "easy-peasy" day is nice and breezy, and you blow right through it! :xfin that you connect with the woman about DS' registration.

Mary - Hey, you! I was so happy to see your post in RED this time! Although i must admit that i had to read it twice.... I thought you said your mouse was upside down!:think I was wondering if it was easier to use the computer with the mouse upsie down :oops rofl.... don't worry, your House will be right there waiting to be turned right side to when you are healed and can enjoy the adventure!

Colleen, LeeAnn, Sarah, and Shannon - :hi and :hug

Last night i finally finished that white, black and pink baby ghan! :whew

today, I am doing a repair job on a hat that belongs to one of Krissy's friends. The young lady called me herself to ask if I would look at it for her! Too cute!

Nothing else much going on here at my chicken ranch... it's laundry and hooky for this kid!:lol Oh, and I am hoping to get my WIPs organized, so I can start chipping away at them. I am feeling like I need to get them DONE! (done is always a great feeling that I often forget:blush)

anyhoo... I hope you dazzle those around you with your fabulous bestiestness! ...Remember that you are wonderful, special, and LOVED!

:manyheart:ghug:manyheart

Archived