Some good clean fun?!

Hi all,

Had a nice day in Paradise- and then after work met DD to do some maternity jean shopping. I bought her a pair and also a couple of tops for the spring! She really just wanted a pair of jeans since she can't wear hers anymore. After shopping we went to dinner together- and had some nice quality Mother-Daughter time! I loved it!!!!!

Home now and DH just got in so I'm going to spend a few minutes talking to him so he doesn't feel left out!!!

I'll post more in the morning (if I wake up in time to do that- LOL)

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Colleen- WTG on the Wt loss!!! That's awesome!!!!!

I can't stay and chat since DH just got in and he seems to be in a chatty mood. Better go make the man happy! (he has been good to me-it's the least I can do) LOL

Hi Colleen- WTG on the Wt loss!!! That's awesome!!!!!

I can't stay and chat since DH just got in and he seems to be in a chatty mood. Better go make the man happy! (he has been good to me-it's the least I can do) LOL

Thank you very much. No worries Joanne. Enjoy your time with your DH. And I'm glad you had fun with your DD shopping for Maternity clothes.

:hi

I can't sleep, so I thought I'd check in on my Besties! Maybe I spent too long in bed yesterday...

Colleen, so nice to hear from you. Good luck with the two kids who would benefit from burning off energy. The tent and picnic sound like great ideas.

LeaAnne, thanks for the countdown to spring. We actually got some snow last night. The public school kids would all love a day off. My kids won't get one -- I'm mean like that.

Joanne, so exciting to go maternity clothes shopping! What's the approximate due date? Do you have any baby crocheting planned for your near future?

Mary, are you staying warm and safe? What color are you planning to paint your kitchen?

LeaAnn, the new moisture bars sound like heaven. I hope your weather isn't keeping you down. There is cold, then there's TOO cold! That is definitely stay-inside weather!

Sarah, love the ice pictures. You really captured it.

Marisa, what's on your hook these days? How is work going? How are the plans for your own business?

Stacy, I really don't know how you manage to do everything you do. :nworthy Did you drop that one class? Are you in astonomy yet?

Well, I finally got my son registered for his WSI class. I finished the gauntlets -- will post a pic later in the day. I am working on the wrap now, with a goal of finishing this week.

Good morning!

LeeAnn- Good luck with the sale today!!! How exciting for you!!! And hope it warmed up a bit---those are some mighty cold temps!

Colleen- I like the idea of the tent for the kiddies today- and again WTG on the Wt loss. I'm curious to see how I do next Tuesday at my weigh in- I've been kind of staying the same- so I really start need to start using my Wii Fit!!! And can't wait for the weather to warm up some to start walking again!

Beth- Can't wait to see the gauntlets! I'm glad you were able to finally register your DS for WSI! Funny that you had snow! None for us which is fine- still can't see the grass- since Dec 26! How are DD and "shrimp boy" doing?

Stacy- Any news on astronomy? I think it's wise to just forget about that online class- that prof sounds like a nut! Oh, and BTW- I LOVE YOUR FLANNEL'GHAN!!:manyheart And your new bedding set is so nice!!! (Did you say there was a mistake in the flannel'ghan :think Because I couldn't see it!!!)

Sarah-Wow- who would have thought TX would have those kind of temps- I liked the pictures

LeaAnne- Thanks for the countdown to Spring So today it is 36 days till Spring!!! Woo-hoo!!!!!:yay

Marisa- How was your game last night? Any more progress on the socks?

Mary- thinking of you and hoping each day brings you closer to being able to crochet like you used to!

I've got lots of ideas for crocheting for the new grandbaby- blankets, attempt a sweater- (that'll be a first) , hat, booties.....now just to start- probably this weekend sometime)

Hope you all have a great day!:hug:hug:hug

:waving:coffee

Colleen - WTG on your weight loss!:cheer:clap:cheer Keep up the good work! And best of luck today with the keeping chickens busy-ness!

LeeAnn - thinking of you today.... :clover:xfin for much success!

Beth - Good morning! You sound very well rested! I hope your day is wonderful!

Joanne - Top o' the mornin' to you, too! Have a wonderful day in paradise!

Marisa, Sarah, Stacy and Mary - :hi! :U

I have the day off today, so after my chores I think I will go bra shopping... I am desperate for comfort! Other than that, not much else planned, except maybe some hooky time with a long neglected Ashlar sweater:blush

make today the best day you can have!

Hugs to you all!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Morninng!!!!!

Joanne-that is soo sweet of you to go maternity shopping with your dd. What a special memory. :manyheart Maternity clothes is soo neat, they have tons of clothes that look fashionable and yet are so comfy. The baby sweater sounds like a great idea! My mother in-law crocheted baby blankets in every color for each of my kiddos and then some as they grew older. I still have them and will treasure them until the kiddos grow up and hopefully use them with their own children.

Marisa-how was the game? Hope your team did well!

Stacy-did you get the classes all figured out?

Colleen-keeping children indoors can be quite a chore. I have several websites that you can go to for craft ideas...will look into them and email the links to ya. The tent sounds like soo much fun! I miss preschool! Good work on losing lbs.! So proud of you! You must be soo happy! Yeah!!!!!!!!!

Sarah-did the ice melt?

Beth-you are right, the freezing temps. make me want to stay indoors but I feel somewhat clausterphobic after a while. They still send the kiddos outdoors here, unless it is below 0....I do not agree with it, I feel like it's torture. Glad that you were able to get your ds registered. Did I just goof on the gauntlets? I couldn't get past row 12-14??? Any ideas? I will try them again as I really really want a pair.

LeaAnne-have fun shopping! I need to go shopping for a few aaahhh of those things too, just have to get the courage...don't ask me why, but I get embarrased and turn red and feel just wierd...could be because everyone knows everyone in our small town.

Today is the sale, I am so nervous! I feel jittery and excited at the same time. I bet all of you are tired of hearing about it, sorry. Best get myself ready. Going to pack after school snacks for the kiddos and run a few errands. I will stay at the shop until 6, not much time for preparing a proper dinner. Dh said that he is going to pick up pizza..:clap:clap

BBL! Hugs n squishes!!!!

Ta-dah! As promised. She says they are very comfortable. LeaAnn, what part of the instructions are giving you trouble? Is it because of the decrease in row 10? Good luck at the sale. As far as being uncomfortable shopping for "unmentionables," I'd be more concerned about people thinking you don't wear them than realizing that you do. :blush

LeaAnne, good luck shopping! Hope you find it "uplifting!" (Sorry. Couldn't help myself.)

Joanne, enjoy planning projects for the grandbaby! What fun!!!!! Can i be just a teeny bit envious, even while enjoying the phase that my kids are in now? Grandma sounds like SOooooo much fun!!!

Talk to you all soon! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

post-16396-135897626851_thumb.jpg

You were right, Beth.... I needed a "lift"!:lol Except the bras weren't enough... I got a haircut, bought some new makeup and a box of "gray eraser", some new work pants, and even got to go to lunch with my hubby! I ended up being out ALL day!:devil It felt nice to make me feel special today... I can't remember the last time I did that! And my Ashlar is waiting for me on the couch... I will get to work on it during the Celtics/Lakers game tonight!:cheer:cheer

Beth - I love the gauntlets! And your model is simply beautiful! I hope you two had a great day today!

LeeAnn - :clap:clap for Hubby picking up pizza! How's the sale going?

How was everyone else's day? I can't wait to hear!!!!!

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Hi all,

LeaAnne- It sounds like you did have the most 'uplifting" day!:lol Fun times pampering yourself- you deserve it!! !And lunch with DH- like a real date!:lol Glad to hear you had such a lovely day!!!! Enjoy the game- Go Celtics!!!

LeeAnn- How did the sale go? I was thinking of you today and wishing you well. That's nice that DH is bringing home pizza tonight!!!

Beth- the Gauntlets look great and your DD has such the typical ballet pose- I remember it well from my DD's dancing years- and I'll bet she stands like a ballerina too- I noticed that with my oldest- who studied ballet for years! I always wanted to study ballet but it wasn't in the cards for me- so I made sure to introduce my DD's to it early- they all studied dance for years!!!

Well, off to make dinner

Hope you all had a great day:hug

Good evening ladies :hi

My sixers lost last night :( But they did play a decent game and it was close the whole game. Next home game is tomorrow night so hopefully we pull this one through. I brought the socks to work on and started the first for the middle nephew. I used the same yarn and went up one hook size so they'd be a bit bigger and they fit ME!!!!! I though the first pair were a little big but decided to ignore it :blush:oops Guess I need to go back and do some figuring to get them right. The width doesn't seem to flow with the length :think

I took ballet for 9 years :yes I enjoyed it but then got put with a teacher that I hated and begged my mom to let me quit :eek:blush She wouldn't let me go to a different school, which is really what I wanted but it was there or not at all. And this guy was part owner so there was no getting away :(

Sorry that I'm going to pass on individual posts this evening, but I still haven't settled in for the evening and want to go get into my pj's and relax in front of the tv for a bit before going up to bed. So good night ladies :hug :hug :hug

Oh Beth, the gauntlets are awesome, I have one started, but haven't picked it up since :blush

Hiya friends!

quick pop in, have to help dd with homework.

The sale was kinda slow did sell a couple of things. I think it will pick up more tomorrow and Saturday. I am going to be positive.

Thank you all for the warm wishes.!

love and hugs!

:waving friends!

Beth, the gauntlets are wonderful! Your dd is beautiful, and I have to agree with the others- she has such a dancer's pose. :yes Any news on the Shrimp Boy front?

LeaAnne, WTG on pampering yourself!! And a lunch date with dh to top it off- :manyheart!!!

Leeann, sorry to hear the sale was kinda slow. I'm sure over the weekend it will really take off! Especially with Valentine's being right around the corner. :yes

Marisa, hope you are getting some rest! :hug

Colleen, WTG on the weight loss! :cheer That is awesome-ness! Did the tent work to keep the littles busy? Mine absolutely love to make tents. Keeps them busy for hours. :yes

Joanne, have fun making things for the grandbaby! Are you going to stick with neutral colors? My dh has an awesome blanket made by his grandma, it is pink and blue, but it is reversible and one side is mostly blue and the other is mostly pink. I tried to figure it out in my early crochet days and I couldn't see how she did it. :think Anyway...how sweet of you to buy dd some maternity clothing. One thing I really missed when I was pregnant was not being able to shop with my mom. I'm sure it is wonderful to share that time with your dd. :manyheart

I am tired. It's been a long week, with trying to get back into a routine again. So far I still have just the two on-campus classes. The astronomy class could take up to 3 weeks to get in. :eek I really want the class, but I'm going to be super-bummed if I go for that long, do all of the work, and don't get in. But I have to be positive, right? :yes I found out last night that another local college has a dietetics program! :yay That is really cool...except that it is downtown, about 30 minutes away (with no traffic.) Although if I could go there to get my DTR (dietetic technician license) and actually start working while going to school for my RD, that would be fantastic. :yes

Well, besties, I'm going to scoot. I'm in a really foul mood and just want to go to bed. So please accept lots of love and hugs!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning and TGIF!!

Stacy- I hope that a good night's rest finds you in a wonderful mood this morning when you wake up. It's always hard to get back into the routine of juggling school, mommying, kids activities, cleaning, etc, etc, etc. That is exciting about the school with the dieticians program!! Can you continue where you are and get a lot of the pre-requisite courses before transferring over there? It was nice to take DD shopping for some maternity clothes. This is a special time for sure- lots of feelings that are hard to explain when your baby is having a baby!!

LeeAnn- Good luck with the sales today and tomorrow!!! Positive thoughts coming your way!:yes

Colleen- Did you survive the indoor day with the kiddies? How did they like the tent?

LeaAnne- Did you get in any hooky time while watching the Celtics game? Sorry that the Celtics lost:(

Mary- How are things in God's country and how is your wrist doing?

Marisa- Have fun at the game tonight- and good luck figuring out those socks- and worse case- they can always grow into them!!! See you tomorrow!!! Can't wait!

Beth- Is tonight homemade pizza night? My DD's BF loves to make pizza--they had a game night at their place last weekend and according to my DD, she felt like she was living in a pizzeria!:lol She said there were about a dozen pizza loaves in the refrigerator at one point!

Off to get ready for another day in Paradise. Have a good one everyone:hug:hug

Hi Everybody,

Thank you everybody for the nice comments about my daughter. I think she's getting prettier all the time! :manyheart And she's such a sweet girl!

Joanne, yes, tonight is homemade pizza night. Today is also homeschool bowling day. Busy busy... Happy TGIF to you! Are you glad you are getting another weekend?

LeaAnn, good luck with the sale today. I hope it goes better than yesterday.

Stacy, I don't know how you do everything. Are you actually attending classes you hope to get into? I guess you'd have to, to keep up with everything. Good luck with astronomy. That other course at the other college must be intriguing. I hope you make the decision that works best for you and your family.

Marisa, I made a hat for a young kid. I was following the pattern, and measured the hat, and it was so small at that point, I didn't think it would work, so I made another row of increases, and ended up with a hat too big for my head! So i frogged and made it without that extra row, and it was good. It is hard to know how something will turn out when it's finished. Good luck with the socks, and with the game tonight. I hope it's a good one.

LeaAnne, sounds like you had a much-deserved great day! How wonderful that you met with hubby for lunch, and managed to get all that pampering in. Do you feel like a new woman?

Mary, I hope you are doing great. Did you paint? Are you crocheting faster? Is your hand doing OK?

Colleen, how was tent day? Did the picnic go well? Is the weather getting any better?

Sarah, is the new paint working ok? By the way, your floral arrangement is very pretty. What is your little man up to these days?

Shannon and Vicki, I hope you are both well, and your families are bringing you lots of joy.

Love you all! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

TGIF!!!!!!

Not much to report this morning. Have a game tonight so will work on these socks a bit more and see what happens. I might have Mary pull out her computer at work so I can search for a different pattern :think They are done in ww so are working up quick. I don't see a problem doing them on the weekend with an apt pattern :think

Tomorrow I get to meet-up with Joanne and a couple ladies from the Our House thread :clap:yay:clap:yay

Gotta run, be back in the morning :D

Good morning!

Beth, have fun with bowling and pizza night! Will Shrimp Boy be at the bowling alley? :devil Yes, I am taking the class I hope to get into. But I'm not sure how many others will, they are mostly teenagers who want a class NOW. I'm hoping that works to my advantage.

Joanne, have a good day in Paradise. It's Friday! :yay How exciting that you and Marisa will meet up again tomorrow! As for the program, I had thought to finish my GE's at our college, then switch to finish up requirements for the DTR. But I found out that a university downtown has an RD program also (one of only 6 in the state) so I just don't know. I'd like to be working at some point in the near future (like when Eva starts kinder) so the DTR might be the way to go for now. :think

Marisa, yikes @ your socks! I've done that before, too. Socks can be tricky. Have you tried a toe-up pattern? There are lots of free ones at CPC, and they're a nice pattern to gauge just how big you are making them. :yes Have fun at the game and the meet-up tomorrow!

So...I didn't sleep very well last night. Two of the girls came in, and Eva ended up crying for a while because she was the second one and there was no room for her. Dh finally scooted over to let her in.

Today is Friday and I don't have class. :yay I'm planning to go to the Y to use the treadmill this morning. Now that my schedule is semi-figured out, I think I will be able to do that before class on Tuesday and Thursday, as well. :yes I also need to pay a couple bills and run some errands, so it will still be a running sort of day. Maybe I will start the gauntlets, if I'm home in time.

Love and hugs! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Top of the morning besties!

Whew! I feel better after a long nights sleep. :yay

Joanne-the baby yarns will take your breath away, so many choices now days...and soo soft and cuddly.:hug

Beth-bowling sounds like so much fun! We are going to plan an outing of some sort with the kiddos, feels like we have been couped up. Good luck getting everything done!:hug

Stacy-Sorry you didn't get tons of good rest, hopefully this wekend. I was feeling a bit grumpy last night too, it can be overwhelming trying to get everything organized. :hug

LeaAnne-so happy that you had an awesome day! You deserve it! :hug I love shopping with my friends or sisters, not much fun by myself, but I can still make it work.:devil

Marisa-socks are my downfall, but I know you will overcome it and get them done, you are just awesome!:hug

Sarah, Colleen, Mary:hug:hug-how ya all doing? Any big plans for the weekend?

off to town early, going to stop at my great aunt's for coffee and a chat!

hugs n squishers!

Hi all,

Quick stop in before eating dinner- made beef stew in the crockpot so it's ready and DH is hungry!!!

Hope the sale went well today LeeAnn.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow Marisa!

Stacy- The DTR program might be the way to go- you'll be working and can continue on with your education- Hope the girls let you get a good night sleep tonight

Beth- Enjoy bowling and pizza!!!

To everyone else- thinking about you and sending hugs

I'll try and stop in later- but DH seems like he is in a chatty mood tonight- what's up with that? I want to chill and relax after a week in paradise!!!

Hi, friends!

I hope you all had a great day!

Joanne and Marisa - have fun tomorrow at your meetup!

Joanne - Beef stew sounds yummy! I hope that you and DH had an engaging chat tonight!:wink

Marisa - :xfin that you figured out those socks... socks are on my "need to try those" list!

LeeAnn - I hope your sale went well! How are the kiddos and hubby tonight?

Beth - How was pizza and bowling? How are all of your inventions' dating adventures going?

Stacy - I Hope that all of your schooling decisions come easy, and that you aren't working too hard! How is everyone at your place? How is Klaus?

Sarah - What's new down there in Texas? Have you been doing any stitching with that stash? How are Doug and Keith?

Colleen - Did those kids kidnap you in that tent? How did the last couple of days go? I hope you weren't too :loco! I will bet that you are thankful for the weekend!:yes

Mary - How are you doing? I hope everyone is well up in God's country, and that your wrist is getting better each day:U

Shannon and Vicki - :hi! I hope that you stop by and let us know how you are.... we miss you, besties!!!!

I spent tonight doing a jigsaw with Krissy in between the taxiing... all in all, it was a very relaxing and nice evening here! Tomorrow I get to go to Pete's last basketball game of the season. He will miss it when it's over... he really loves it! After that, it's off to work I go, with :xfin that I get done what I need to.... Saturdays are usually really busy, so we shall see!

Have a nice night/morning/day, everyone! and please accept a big ole bear :hug from Beantown!!!!

Luv ya:manyheart

:cheer:clap:yay:hook I finished the wrap that I started in..... November?:think Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was November. I am thrilled with it. I was working on it at the ballet studio, and one of the patrons said she wants to buy it, but I have to think about it....

I have to take my dd to ballet, so I will talk to you individually later. Have a great Satruday!!!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good afternoon!

Beth- I would love to see a pic of the shawl!!! WTG on finishing it!!!!

Had a busy morning- coffee, and then cleaning before meeting up with Marisa and some other ladies. we had a good time!!! It is fun to meet up IRL!!! Marisa's sweater she made for her niece is just SOOOO CUTE!!!!! the detail is beautiful!!!!!

Went grocery shopping and that's all put away, so I think I'm going to hook for a bit!!!

Hope you are all having a wonderful Saturday!!!

HIya friends!

Sorry I have been MIA, little busy...

Joanne-how awesome that you were able to meet with Marissa and IRL crochet friends. I love that! I bet the sweater was fantastic! That is great that you are able to get hook time in, I am still debating on what to work on. What did you decide with?

Marisa-I bet you are almost finished with the socks, you are super duper duper duper fast! I think of you when I passed by my sock WIP and thought, "Now if Marissa lived closer, I would be oh so lucky!"

Stacy-I have never had to wait for classes, that must be difficult, I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that you get into the classes you would like.

Beth-your wrap sounds lovely, can't wait to see a pic. Were you able to relax somewhat today?

I am here at the shop, yesterday was a good day, sold a few baskets, today was even better! I sold all of the lotion bars! Can ya all believe that? I have requests for ore, will have to get crackin' next week. Also finished all of the HP books, what a great read they were! Dh is on book 3, we are cheering him on.

LeaAnne-did you get your display all set up?

back to work. Hugs n squishes dear friends, thank you so much for all of your support.

Archived