Some good clean fun?!

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap LeeAnn!!!! You are my hero!!! I am so proud of you, girl!!!! :hug:hug

Joanne & Marisa - glad you had a fun meetup today!

Beth - WTG on finishing your shawl!

:hi and :hugs to every bestie! I am thinking of you all!

today was "wicked busy"! It's good that we are the fave store of most crafters and school projecters in the area! I ended up spending most of my day on register. I got just enough time at the end of the day to do a quick clean up of the flower racks and make my "hot list" for next week :whew! There is a woman who works only on Sundays, who I am :xfin that she will be able to help a little tomorrow. I feel like I am a bit behind the 8-ball. Maybe they will be able to let me work a little extra next week, jut to get things up to snuff :xfin The regional manager will be back next week, and he is expecting a whole list of things to be done that aren't.

I hope you all have a great Sunday morning. I will check in between laundry and Ashlar-ing:wink

thanks for listening, my dearest besties.... You are Da Bomb-Diggity-est-ness!

:manyheart:hug Love you guys!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all!!

Joanne, sounds like you had a fun day! I'm happy for you and Marisa that you got to meet up again. :clap

Leeann, that is way too awesome that all of your lotion bars sold! :h5 I am not surprised, either- they are fantastic. :manyheart

LeaAnne, you are busy, busy at work! I'm sure you will finish what you need to. :xfin that the woman is there to help you tomorrow.

Beth, I can't wait to see a picture of your wrap. :h5 to you for finishing it! And for having a buyer. Good luck with that decision. Had you planned to keep it for yourself, or to stash for a gift?

Our bed rails arrived yesterday, so today I put them together and got the bed all set up, while dh worked on his truck. He had to replace the rotors and a few other things. Isabella helped him all day so he gave her $10, and FIL gave her $5. There is a shirt she wants at the Science Center, now she has the rest of the money for it, so she immediately asked if we could go tomorrow. :lol Unfortunately, both of my textbooks arrived yesterday also, so tomorrow will be spent reading. :( But they have a day off in a couple weeks, so I will take them then. :yes

Did I tell you all how I had been having nasty itching behind my knees? Well, 2 weeks ago, I had what I thought were spider bites behind my knees. They itched like crazy, and it seemed as though they would go away and come back. When we got the new bed, I was convinced I would find a web under our old one, but nothing was there. Well, 2 days ago, I took off my pants to put on pajamas, and my entire legs itched for almost an hour! I decided to Google it- apparently I had an allergic reaction (switched detergent right around the same time it started) and the "spider bites" were hives! :eek I've never had them before so I had no idea. So yesterday I ran to Target and got my usual detergent, and washed all of my "regular" clothing. So far no itching today. :whew

Anyway...I'm off to bed! My nasal allergies are acting up, too- don't know what's going on, but I've had sneezing, runny nose, and watery eyes for the past week. :think I had terrible allergies when I lived in MI, but this is the worst they've been since I even moved to CA.

So, good night! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug Hope you all have a happy Sunday!

Good morning and Welcome to Sunday- nice sunny day here in NJ and the temps are supposed to be in the 40's!!!

Stacy- That's wierd that the itching was only behind your knees. I always use free and clear detergents (no dyes, scents or anything)- I've tried a couple of brands and seem to do ok. Glad that it seems to be working for you- and hope your allergies calm down. Wonder if it is something in the new bed (materials used to make it???) Just a thought! That's neat that Isabella earned her $ for the shirt she wants.

Enjoy reading your books today! (hope they are interesting at least)

LeaAnne- Sounds like a busy busy day for you- and hopefully, you'll get some help today. Caron Pounders are on sale at ACM this week 5.29 (I'm sure you know, but I thought I'd just mention it since that's a good deal and they make wonderful ghans)

LeeAnn- Hope you got to sleep in today after your busy 3 days of working in the shop. Again- congrats on the sales!!!!

Marisa- Did you end up staying with your friend in NJ yesterday? It was great to see you and again- that sweater- Oooh, La La- gorgeous----but then so is ALL your work!

Beth, Colleen, Mary, Shannon- Thinking of you and hoping you all have a wonderful, relaxing Sunday!

Oh, and Baseball is in the air- Pitchers and Catchers report today- which means......Spring is not far behind!!!!!

Good morning ladies :hi

I feel like it's forever since I've been here! My sixers won on friday night :clap It was close the whole game and we managed to pull out the win.

Yesterday after meeting up with Joanne (and wait til you see the 9 patch she's working on :yes ) I went up to Newark to visit my friend Kathy from chiro school. We went out for Mexican for lunch. Then we hung out at her place, took and nap and chatted :lol Then I got back home around 10:30. I wasn't prepared to stay over night, no clothes or glasses. But it's cool because now I have soo much to get done today, since nothing got done yesterday :eek BUT, it's all worth it to hang with friends :yes:manyheart

Thanks to all your votes of confidence on the socks....I haven't gotten back to them yet :eek But am on my way with the one that's started :yes I followed the concept of the pattern but did my own stitches....luckily I remembered to write down each round as I go so the 2nd one will match :lol And yep, they are toe up.

LeeAnn - WTG with the sale :yay

Stacy - My skin is VERY sensitive :yes I use all clear laundry detergent and when I go somewhere overnight, often bring my own towel because it'll effect me just that quick :( Also, if I use any perfume, it goes on my clothes and not on ME :lol Only sensitive everything and even some of those aren't great :sigh

Joanne - I had so much fun at our meetup and love hanging out with you ladies.....the time just goes soo fast though :(

Beth - How did pizza and bowling go the other night?

Hi everybody! :flower

I hope your day is going well. I slept in! :c9 Then I had to do my grocery shopping, and it was lunch time by the time I got home.

I'm behind, so I need to skeedaddle. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Hi friends!

Busy day for me...whew! I need a break!

DD is sick again...:blush she started with a cough and now has a full blown cold. Poor little gal. Also had to help ds with a huge project. He had to write a short story, publish it complete with pictures. He had been working on it for a few days and needed help with grammar, printing and putting it together. No time to rest. I am beat! Was thinking of opening up the shop tomorrow, what do you all think?

going to sit and try to get hook time in,...everytime I sit, the family asks me for something.:eek

hugs n squishes, will address all of you besties in the a.m. when I can think more.

LeaAnn, sorry to hear your dd is sick. Your son's project sounds ambitious. I hope he enjoyed the publishing process. Did you decide to open the store again?

LeaAnne, How goes the to-do list at the store? What are the chickens up to?

Joanne, did you have a good weekend? Are you getting excited about baseball season already? We had a gorgeous day yesterday -- temps in the 50's, sun, blue skies -- how about you?

Stacy, Since I'm blissfully ignorant, can the skin allergies and the sinus allergies be related? Maybe one item is affecting everything? I hope you feel better soon. Nothing worse than being itchy.

Marisa, do you get a little sad when basketball season is over?

Mary, Colleen, Sarah, Vicki, Shannon, I hope you have a great Monday.

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Beth- I'm excited for baseball season- especially since it means Spring is getting closer!!!

It was in the 40's yesterday and supposed to be warm again today (warm being relative-LOL)

The weekend flew by as it always does, and it was a nice one. Reading, hooking, meeting up with friends, hanging out with DH at the bookstore, (and of course the requisite cleaning and grocery shopping which actually wasn't too bad)

:flower:valday:valday:valday:valday

I hope you all have a wonderful day :D

Beth - I do get sad when basketball season is over, but then it's the start of baseball season :devil I'm going to be even sadder when I move to Pittsburgh because they don't have a basketball team :( Oh well, I guess we all make sacrifices :think

LeeAnn - Sorry to hear dd is sick :hug What was ds's project for? It may not be a bad idea to open up shop for a little bit today....you know how guys like to wait til the last minute :lol

Joanne and LeaAnne, and everyone else that stops by....I'll catch y'all later :manyheart

Good Afternoon Friends!

So sorry that I have not posted sooner, been a little busy. Trying to get the license for my small bus. figured out. Not knowing what I am doing is adding to my stress...but I know that I will figure it out.

Anyhow, wanted to wish all of you a very Happy Valentines Day! May your life be filled with friendship and love!

warmest wishes!

Hope you all had a wonderful day and Good luck LeeAnn with the small business license!!

One of my co-workers baked heart shaped cupcakes for us today- YUMMY. She loves to bake and about 3 months ago I had seen these heart shaped silicone cupcake holders so I bought them and gave them to her. I thought it was sweet that she baked us all cupcakes with them.

Marisa- Will your socks be done in time for your Mom to bring them to AZ? She leaves tomorrow right?

:danceHellllloooooo!!!!!!!

I'm finally on here and have time to post to all of you.

Joanne-the cookies sound delicious! you are just a sweetheart! have you started any baby items? I am printing out the bus. licence then will take it in tomorrow, I have a few questions that I need answered, I'm really not sure what I am doing, but the people in our city office have been most helpful.

Marisa-that is soo neat that you are so into sports! Did you get to the socks? My ds is taking Spanish II. He read a story/novel about Don Quixote and had to write an 8 page adventure/short story. I love writing! I enjoy it, you can really make the characters come to life, but I had to step back. Ds wrote the story, I then proof read it and told him about the necessary corrections. Then I put it in publisher and he had to add pictures, print it out and put it in a binder with sleeves. It came out really nice. I am so proud of him! He worked on it every day until he had it down pat. When he took it to school today, his teacher was amazed, none of the kiddos had theirs done.

Beth-how are you? Was today kitten day? Did you have a good Valentines?

Stacy-what's a happenin? have you been able to get :hook time in?

Colleen-did your dd celebrate v-day at school? How's childcare going?

Mary-I bet you are almost up to speed with your crochet, what's on your hook these days?

Sarah-did you get to something fun to celebrate love day?

LeaAnne-how's it going? And the chickens? I bet they had a fun filled day!

Whew! I think that's everyone...let me think...I hope I didn't forget anyone. I did not open up the shop today. DD was home sick, I didn't want to take her out coughing and sneezing, she slept most of the day and seems to feel better. I had to catch up on housework and was able to get a few minutes of hook time in. Still working on the granny ghan with the african flowers in the middle. I have a strip of squares put together, hopefully I can get it put done soonr. Then I must start on a flannelghan for my oldest nephew. Must find the pattern for hdc and three colors.

off to relax with hook in hand. Hugs n squishers dear friends!

Good morning!

LeeAnn- Yes, I am making the 9-patch baby blanket from Lion Brand site for my stepdaughter's baby due in July. I'm using Vanna's baby in Duckie (yellow) and Little Boy Blue. I decided to border each square in sc in white and then whipstitch them together and add a white border around the whole blanket. I've finished the squares and have added the white sc around 2 of the squares.

Good luck with the bus license today! Your DS project sounds great and you must be so proud of him!!!

Marisa- Did you finish the socks? I was rooting for you to finish from the comfort of my chair as I worked on the blanket!

Stacy- I read on FB that you got into the Astronomy class!!! You must be so excited!!!

LeaAnne- I stopped in 'your' store (well not Yours, exactly, but the one here in NJ) and they had mill ends for 2/8- I picked up some Brite green simply soft and some pink. I've bought mill ends before and haven't had a problem, so we'll see - I love pink and green together!!

:eek just noticed the time! I've got to get ready for Paradise- so will have to finish this post after work!

Beth, Mary, Colleen---sending :hug:hug

Good morning!

It it amazing how our priorities change as our children grow? I helped my sons plan and execute their gift-giving for Valentine's day, and I was more excited about those plans than about anything I was doing. I never thought it was a very important day, personally, but I know my oldest son's girlfriend was thrilled -- he got her pink roses, and pink is her favorite color! And there was a balloon, and a card, and homemade chocolate mousse. And I am pretty sure we managed to surprise my other son's girlfriend. We went to her house while she was at school, and left the gifts with her mom. I hear that she was surprised. My daughter got asked out for a second date. We're going bowling -- yes, WE... I am the chauffeur once again.

LeaAnn, is your dd feeling any better? Poor thing. It's good not to take her out when she's sick. Good luck with the paperwork to get your business going.

Joanne, how nice of the woman to bake cupcakes for all of you. I was given a tootsie roll bank from one of the little girls at the studio. I thought that was SO sweet!!!

Marisa, how are the socks coming?

Sarah, did you have a good Valentine's day? Did you and your little man do anything special? Are you babysitting?

Mary, how is your hand these days? Are you back to crocheting at full speed yet?

Colleen, does your dd take swimming in the winter months? What has she been up to these days?

LeaAnne, speaking of chickens, I'm glad your son liked basketball. Does he have a favorite sport? What are the girls doing these days?

Stacy, what's shaking in California? How are the girls? How goes the GF diet? Let me know if your TJ starts carrying the Udi bagels. I am thinking about ordering some of their bread on-line. It sounds like it tastes pretty good, from the reviews I've seen. And the bagels were quite good.

Today is an easy day for me. It's like a weekend for me. I did volunteer to take one of the dance instructors to the dentist -- she's having an extraction, and was planning to drive herself. She's also planning to work tonight. I couldn't do it. I told her I'd work if she needed me.

I hope your day is awesome, just like you are!

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, I finished the socks last night :clap:yay Thanks for all your cheerleading :hug

Got up this morning and drove up to Allentown (about an hour and half way to my parents) where I met up with them and had bfast at the cracker barrell :drool Then my dad went back home and my mom came with me so I can drop her off at the airport on my way to work. We had left extra time so had enough time to stop back at my house for about a half hour or so before leaving :D It's nice that I live 5-10 minutes from the airport, which is also 10 minutes from work :yes

So, here are the socks and each pair matches their afghans from xmas :D

post-36814-135897628338_thumb.jpg

Good morning, dear besties!

I posted this morning, but now it's gone. :think How odd.

I got into the astronomy class, as Joanne mentioned! :cheer:cheer:cheer I am beyond excited. I now have 3 on-campus classes. 4 would have been fantastic, but it is what it is. They are all heavy-reading, with essay exams, so it's probably for the best.

Our washer broke on Sunday. The girls' blankets were in there, and it stopped on the wash cycle, which means all of the water was still in there. I had to take them out one by one, wring them out in the tub, and put them in the dryer. :( And since my history prof. canceled class for tomorrow, I will be going to the laundromat right after astronomy.

Marisa, the socks turned out beautifully! :h5 Great job!

Beth, how thoughtful of your sons to play Valentine's for their g/f's. :manyheart Have fun on the date. Do you bowl with them, or do you sit on the sidelines while keeping an eye on them? I think it's fantastic that you chaperon- so many kids nowadays get dropped off and left to do whatever they want to do. Hope you enjoy your "day off." BTW, I got a good giggle over "what's shaking in CA?" My immediate thought was, "Thankfully not the ground." :lol Although both dh and I have had weird premonitions about earthquakes lately. :think

Joanne, your baby blanket sounds beautiful! I love the pink/green combo, too. :yes Too bad we don't have stores that sell mill ends here. :( I've heard good things about them.

Leeann, I'm glad that your dd is feeling better. WTG to your son on his project! It is always wonderful to see a child take the initiative on a project. :yes Good luck with your business license.

Sarah, LeaAnne, Colleen, Mary, Shannon, Vicki- hope all is well! Love and hugs all around! :hug:hug:hug:hug

I need to hop in the shower and get ready for class. I am just so tired! Oh, well- gotta do it anyway. See ya later!

Beth- How nice of you to help the DS's plan their valentine's- and Yay for DD having a second date!! I like bowling- and think that I should plan a "date" with DH to do that soon!!!

Stacy- I thought the same thing as you when Beth asked "what's shaking in Cali":lol:lol:lol:lol And the same answer popped into my head-"hopefully not the gorund":lol:lol:lol I'm so happy that you got into the astronomy class! Hope the washer can be fixed quickly.

I bought the mill ends before- and made a few scarves with them- and didn't have any problems. So hopefully there won't be with this- I just loved the bright colors- and since it's simply soft it would make a nice bright baby ghan for someone (maybe even my grandchild!!- of course that would be if I'm having a granddaughter):lol

I hear Beth is quite the handywoman- Beth- didn't you once fix yours? Maybe you can help Stacy get hers fixed;)

Marisa- the socks are great! Hope your Mom had a safe trip!!!

LeeAnn- How did it go with the business license today? How are your kiddos feeling?

LeaAnne and Colleen and Mary- Sending hugs and thinking about you!

Off to get dinner!

Slow day here I see :think

Mom made it safely to Phoenix :clap

I rearranged my office at work to try and get some order back in there. It's been a mess for a while now and am still waiting on the new carpet, but everything else is finally done :D

Stacy - :yay for getting the astronomy class. Sorry about the washer though :(

Joanne - What's for dinner? My mom brought a big bowl of soup (beef barley) and we all had that at work just before leaving so now I don't need to eat tonight :D And might I just say that it was wonderful :manyheart

Getting ready to call it a night! I finished putting the sc border around all the squares- and I think I'm going to make the nine patch a 12 patch! So three more squares to crochet and then I'll stitch em together!!!

I had breakfast for dinner Marisa!- Omelette with peppers and mushrooms and 110 calorie bagel (actually quite good)-I love breakfast---any time of day:lol DH was out tonight- so it was just me for dinner- so I got to have whatever my little heart desired- and it desired breakfast!:lol

LeaAnne- Who knows? Maybe we'll be having a cup of coffee together tomorrow morning!

Nite all!

Archived