Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me again.......

I remembered to email these pics from my phone to myself to share with you :clap

The boys with their afghans and matching socks and my brother holding Madeline wearing the victorian rose baby sweater (which is a little blurry) :manyheart

post-36814-135897630255_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897630258_thumb.jpg

Top of the morning friends!

Joanne~Congratulations! A grandsom is just fantastic! I am so very happy for you. :hug:hug:hug:hug:hugI hope that your day in paradise flies by.

Marisa~thank you for sharing pics, your nephews are just soo cute and little Madeline-what a sweetie pie! They all look darling in your crochet goodies, I love it!

Purple~my kiddos are 3 1/2 years apart, except my ds wanted nothing to do with his little sister for about a year.:eek Now they are attached to each other like glue. I am a lefty that crochets with my right hand, that is so neat that we have that in common. My dd is a lefty but I am having a difficult time teaching her to crochet, she gets frustrated and moody. I hope that she can learn later on, she enjoys crafting.

Sarah~love the pics! They look like postcards. How fun to see the alligators up close. We have an alligator farm nearby, scary tho-they have wresting with the aliigators, I personally think it's dangerous. Did your ds enjoy seeing them?

LeaAnne~have a good day at work, hope you can get your arrangements done this week so that the main taco is happy.

Beth~hoping that you can get in a few hours of rest. Is shrimp boy feeling better? the flu is awful. The body aches that come with it just make me want to cry thinking of it. Hope your family does not get it.

Colleen~thank you for chatting with me on FB, I sure enjoyed it. What is on the agenda today?

Stacy~are you headed home today? Did you have class?

today I plan on attaching the last two grannies and then hopefully I can work on the border...so excited! Will post pics as soon as I can. Off to get a few minutes of hook time in before the family starts demanding breakfast.

hugs n squishes!

I woke up at 2 this morning, hyper awake! I had to get out of bed. It messed up my sleep schedule, though, so I'm just off a bit today.

Any way, President's day or not, the kitties need care, so we did our volunteer thing, ran later than usual, and the store was actually open when we were leaving. they had a display of adoptable critters, you know, small mammals. There was the cutest little gray mouse drinking out of the water bottle with one delicate paw holding the drinking tube -- we HAD to adopt. Couldn't tell which one it was, though, since there was a mama and about 10 babies or so, so we just picked two girls. They have totally different personalities. One is more adventurous, the other is quite shy.

LeaAnn, good luck finishing your afghan. It's so nice to get a WIP done!!!

Marisa, those pictures are priceless!!! All of your nephews and your niece are beautiful, and look very happy in your crocheted gifts!

Algopurple, do you know the names of the stitches you can do? If you know that, then you can learn the abbreviations for them, and reading the patterns is easy. You can ask us for help when you want to try something. www.crochetpatterncentral is a great place to find free patterns.

Oh, some translations for you: Joanne calls her work "Paradise." I call my teenagers my "Inventions", and "Shrimp Boy" is the kid I tutor who is my son's best friend and my daughter's beau. LeaAnne calls her children "Chickens." Am I missing any? Oh yeah, a "badorkus" is the part of the anatomy that needs a good kick once in a while to get things moving.

LeaAnne, I'm glad the cheesy visit went well. It sounds to me like you've been a most productive member of the team. Can't wait to get caught up on the goings-on at the chicken coop!

Colleen, it is most important to satisfy your cravings in moderation. If you put off the baking, eventually you will feel so deprived, you will eat a mountain of things at once. If you bake when you feel like it, and portion things properly, and eat in moderation, you will continue to lose weight and still enjoy life.

Sarah, thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures. I'll bet Keith was thrilled with that trip to the park. And the wall color is beautiful. It's so serene.

Joanne, my sister had 3 sons, and her first two grandchildren were girls. She was so happy to buy pink things! You get that in reverse. How wonderful.:manyheart

Mary and Stacy, I hope you have a good day! I'm thinking of you!

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug for everyone!

post-16396-1358976303_thumb.jpg

Beth - Hello early bird. Thank you so much for the pic of the daffodil! What a treat! I'm glad you waited until daylight to take the pic :lol I do not like mice, not one bit. What are you naming the little girls? I loved your glossary of some good clean fun terms.

Joanne - It's a boy! :clap How exciting is that???? My goodness, the fun things you can make and buy for him :dreaming

LeaAnne - I'm so glad the big cheese was satifsfied and :clap for extra hours for spring-time flowers.

Sarah - That colour is pretty on the walls. Much lighter than I pictured. That will be nice and peaceful.

LeeAnn - I enjoyed the chat with you too.

Marisa - I hope you have a good day at work.

Algopurple - That is funny that your DS thinks the baby will be play-ready. My DD occassionally asks for a brother or sister, but it's pretty obvious when she talks about it that she wants him or her to arrive her own age :lol Where do you live...roughly speaking of course?

:hi to everyone else! We are off to visit my parental units. I have to get out of this house. I feel like everywhere I go someone gets in my space :angry I can't even "hide" in the laundry room without someone looking for me. And all the stores are closed today, so I can't even go out to hide at the grocery store.

Colleen, my babies are "Squeakbert" and "Mousedar." I don't like wild mice, but the pet ones are really quite cute -- my daughter got pet rats for her birthday one year -- I had trouble tolerating those tails -- these are MUCH cuter!!! I hope you get the break you need.

It is such a lovely day. My son and I did some reclaiming of the yard from the weeds that have overtaken it, and I did something to my left wrist. I hope I can still crochet!:eek

May your day be as fun as mine is!:manyheart

Hi ladies :hi

Just making a quick stop. I went to Michael's after work and got the charisma yarn for my sweater :clay :yay So I'd like to work up my guage swatch yet tonight before heading up to bed :xfin

Thanks for commenting on my nephews and niece, I'm biased :lol My bro on the other, totally needs to get rid of the mustache!!!!!!! :eek Oh well, the kids like it :think

Sleep tight everyone and I'll be back in the morning :c9:hug

Hello! What a glorious morning!!! We are supposed to get in the 70's again today. I got a picture for some of you, cheer you up a little.

Oh, you lucky lady with 70 degree weather and that beautiful daffodil. It was a gray cold dreary lightly snowing day here. seeing this picture just brightened up what's left of my day :manyheart (and at time of the evening, there isn't much of the day left:lol)

Quick pop in because I'm kind of tired- but wanted to say hi to all and to say that although I'm not a fan of mice, it was a cute pic. I sure hope you didn't hurt your wrist too bad that you can't crochet- after all you just got some Valentine's yarn that's calling out to be made into something. Did the green call out what it wants to be?

Colleen- Hope your visit to your parental units was what you needed! Sounds like you are definitely needing some spring in your life! I know I am- enough with the cold and snow already!!!!

Marisa- Love the pics of the nephews and niece. All of them look so cute in their made with love by Aunt Marisa crochet goodness!!!!

LeaAnne- that's good that the head cheese honcho or whatever he is called was generally pleased. I'm not surprised. And yay for extra hours to finish up!!!

LeeAnn- Did you finish the blanket? I AM very excited to have a grandson! I already bought a little sleeper- in blue- that has monkeys on it and says "bananas for grandma" It was just too cute, I couldn't resist!!

Sarah- I got a chance to look at the rest of your pics- they are great!!!

Mary, Stacy and Purple- Have a good evening and I'll see you ALL in the AM!

It is late and I am tired but I wanted to check back in befor I went to bed. Just got over (well almost) a really bad sinus infection/lung infection so had tons of house work to catch up on after spending most of last week in bed or on the couch. Was too tired to work on my blanket once I finally took the time to try. Made more mistakes than headway so just gave up till tomorrow.

Sarah- I love the pics. of the gators. I have always wanted to see some outside like that and not in a zoo. Must have been really cool.

Joanne- my name is Elizabeth. Thanks for asking. I have not taken the time to figure out how to make a siggy line or any other info about myself yet. Hope to get around to that soon.

Marisa- I was 16 when I learned how to crochet and only know a few patterns but only by being shown and keeping them in my head. I love the matching blankets and socks you made for your nephews. Sooo cute!

LeeAnn- I am expecting my 3yo to not like the new baby at first. You are the only other person that I know that is like me, crocheting right but being left. I keep saying that one of these days I am going to teach myself to crochet left handed too and that way I can have 2 projects going at the same time and switch when my hand gets tired. I have learned how to chain left handed but never went any further.

Beth- Cute Cute Cute little mouse! I don't think I would ever want any as a pet cuz they stink but they always look so cute and sweet to me. Thanks for the translation. I was wondering who shrimp boy was and what that was all about. If I ever talk about my chickens, I really mean my chickens lol.

Colleen- I live in West TN. If you looked me up on a map, I am right on the border next to the Mississippi river.

Guess I am off to bed now. Good night everyone!

Good evening all!

Joanne-the baby sleeper sounds adorable! I am soo excited, I bet you can hardly stand it. How was paradise? Are you closer to finishing your project? Are your other dd's super happy to be aunties?

Marisa-yeah for new yarn! I love Michaels! your nephews and neice are so lucky to have your for an auntie. I love being called Auntie Lee, it just makes my heart a flutter. My oldest nephew is graduating from high school this May, I can't believe it. :eek

Purple-I remember being pregnant and oh so tired, hope you get a good nights rest. Your crocheting will be waiting for you. My mother in law crochets at the speed of lightening, but she has never learned how to read patterns. I usually help her out by learning a pattern then showing her. She has an amazing memory and can remember tons of patterns after only doing them once. I can only remember the granny. :lol

Beth-your new pets are soo tiny! I am scared actually terrified of small pets-gerbils, mice, guinea pigs especially. My nephew had two gunea pigs that just just loves, one died. I thought he would be heartbroken, but he handled it fairly well. I couldn't even touch one with my pinkie-he of course thought it was hilarious! :devil

Spent most of the day crocheting, working on the border. I am following Attic 24's border, I think it is over 14 rounds...whew! I am only on round 3-seems to be taking forever.

off to get the kiddos to bed.

night all!

Good morning!

Elizabeth- Thanks for sharing your first name- it seems friendlier that way! Hope you got a good night's rest! And many more nights of good night's rest before you welcome your new baby- because you know the drill then- lots of broken sleep!!!

LeeAnn- My other daughters are excited to be 'auntie's'- I remember being thrilled the first time I became an aunt which was 6 months after my youngest was born- so I was a mom first, then an aunt! And boy was I excited when my nephew was born and my bro and sil asked me to be his godmother! We have more girls in my family- so it's going to be fun to welcome another boy! And I empathize with the border! You think you are almost done and then the borders seem to take forever!!

Beth- I enjoyed seeing the glossary of terms that you provided- I never even thought about it- and I just :lol:lol when I read Elizabeth's post that what she calls 'chicken's are really the animal chicken's as opposed to LeaAnnes children 'chickens':lol Hope you have a good day. How big will those mice get?

Stacy- Hope you had a good rest of the weekend and are settling into the routine of being back in class and juggling your family life!!!

Marisa- Did you get the swatch done for your sweater?

Hugs to all and time to get ready for Paradise!!!

Gooood morning,

Elizabeth, nice to meet ya! I'm officially "Beth" (That's on the birth certificate) but receive mail with your name on it all the time. I live on the far southeastern part of Virginia, so we are about 2 states apart, even though our states touch.

Joanne, What do you want to be called as a grandmother? My sister is a Nana.

LeaAnn, I won't make you touch my mice, I promise!:P Borders do go on forever, don't they? When you feel like you should be DONE with the project, there sits the border...

Marisa, can't wait to see what you do with the new yarn. What color is it? If you figure out how to make the bro lose the moustache, would you let me know? I've never seen my husband without one, and I'd like to try it once.

Colleen, did you get the break you needed at your parents' house? When my kids were little, there were days when I wanted to change my name from "MMMMMMooooooooommmmmmmmmmm." It gets better.

Mary, I hope your hand feels fine now, and you are crocheting like the wind!

LeaAnne, Are you getting caught up on the spring arrangements?

Stacy, how are your classes going?

Sarah, is the room coming together already?

Today I'm having a PJ-ish day. I am wearing my day clothes, but very comfortable ones, and just lounging about the house. I intend to make some progress on the afghan I'm making. I think it will be a baby blanket -- not that big. And the yarn that didn't tell me what it wanted to be when it grew up??? Well, my bedroom lighting is terrible. I took it to another room and found out that it's actually a lovely gray. It would be lonely all by itself, so it will join the lavender and the cream, and make a giant granny afghan. I need to finish the one I'm working on now before I start it, though.

:hug to you all.

Good morning ladies :coffee

I'm having my coffee with you and then am going to jump on the elliptical, shower, and eat bfast while I check back in :lol I slept great last night and woke up this morning to the scraping of the shovel outside :eek We got just a couple inches, not much though.

Elizabeth - Thanks for sharing your name :hug I'm like LeeAnn, not very goot at remembering the patterns, I need to follow them :blush And as Beth said they are pretty easy to follow if you piece them apart and take it one step at a time. If you want to give something a try, feel free to ask for any help.

LeeAnn - My oldest nephew is 6, far from graduating HS yet, but it will come soon enough :yes That is a VERY big border and they always to seem to take forever, I think because once we get that far, we already feel like our project is done, but then it just keeps going and going and going :lol You can do it :cheer :cheer :cheer

Joanne - I did finish my swatch last night and it came to the right size :clap:yay:bounce Only thing is that my edges seem to stay pretty loose :think I may have to do just a bit of practice before I get moving on the sweater. Although I don't expect it to work up perfect for me, I would like it to be usable :lol

Beth - Such a great idea for your gray/lavendar/cream combo, I'm so glad you brought that color to a new room for different lighting. The yarn I picked up is the Loops and Threads Charisma in Lakeside...I took a pic for you. And here is a like to the pattern that I hope it will become :xfin

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70084AD.html?r=1

Oh, speaking of patterns. Remember I taught my sister to crochet over xmas? Well, she's been practicing a little bit :clap I got a pic of her practice swatch, which could easily become a scarf if she kept it going, the edges were straight after just the first couple rows and even that wouldn't have been very noticeable to most people ;) So she says she had a great idea to try a dishcloth out of the book I gave her, but she had no clue how to read the pattern, so that's what we willl work on next time I see her, which is this weekend if there's time. I told her to just keep practicing her stitches for now :lol

post-36814-135897630946_thumb.jpg

Afternoon everyone!

Slept late and have been dragging ever since. Didn't get breakfast till almost 12 and have been busy running hawks off ever since. I keep hearing them near my chickens and have to go out and make loud noises to scare them away. They are not the large ones but if hungry enough, might try to attack.

I love youtoube. Recently learned what their call sounded like from watching them on there. Always thought it was a harmless bird making that noise.

LeeAnn- you reminded me of myself with my mother. Neither of us reads patterns but if my aunt, that does read them, teaches me something, I then have to teach my mother if she likes what I am making. I recently taught her a new pattern that is really easy and she has made about 5 really large blankets to give for Christmas.

Joanne- not looking forward to not having any sleep when the baby gets here. I have gotten lots of practice with that with my constant middle of the night trips to go pee and this cough I have not been able to shake yet. Hope it is gone by next week. I might go insane if I have to deal with it for 2 weeks lol.

Beth- that is so weird how your name gets messed up like that. People always want to call me Beth or Liz but never thought about calling someone Elizabeth if they went by Beth.

I am the same way about the mustache. I have been with my DH 12 years, married 11, and have never seen him without his. I have begged him to shave it just one time so I could see how he looks without it. It is a matter of manhood where he is from and I guess it would be like a woman shaving her head. I said I was going to shave it off in his sleep once and he did not think that was even a little funny lol.

Marisa- I have tried learning patterns once but got distracted and never got back to it. I did take notes sort of like a key to reference because I have to learn what the abbreviations mean befor I can learn what they are. I think if I ever do learn them well, I will have soooo many more options of things to make. I have learned what a single and double crochet is but the pattern or stitch my mother and I use all the time, no idea what you call it. Might be a triple crochet since there are 3 steps to it.

I have not figured out how to post pics. on here yet or even if I can since I am still new but will as soon as I figure it out. My entire baby blanket is made with that stitch. I do 3 of the ?triple crochets? chain 2 then repeat but do 6 in every corner.

Good evening

Quick stop in before going to get dinner!

Beth- that's so funny that the yarn you thought was green was actually gray- it'll look great with the lavender and the cream!! I'm glad you got to have a PJ'ish kind of day! (insert jealous smiley here)

Elizabeth- You can post pictures here. You have to download them to your computer and then you go to the box that says "go advanced" below where you type a message. That will bring up the smiley's and a toolbar on top.

You click on the paper clip and it brings up a window that says upload file to your computer. You click Browse and look for the photo you want to post and then click upload. Hope that wasn't too confusing. I wish i could do screen shots to show you!

Marisa- Hope you had a good day at work.

LeaAnne, LeeAnn, Mary, Colleen, Stacy and all--- time to get dinner- have a good night!

Good evening ladies :hi

Come out come out where ever you are :lol

Work went pretty quick today :clap I like when that happens AND we even got done on time :yay Now I'm going to slip into my pj's and get crafting :) Still trying to decide what to work on :think I so want to start my sweater, but might try to finish the first of my sister's socks :think

Elizabeth - Sorry the hawks are bothering your chickens :( Don't they know it's not nice to bully :( You should probably mention that cough at your next dr. visit, when do you go again? As for the stitched and patterns, if you're wrapping the yarn around your hook twice than you're probably doing the triple. You mentioned that you love youtube.....search for stitches and you can see them :yes I look for them there when I come across something new :hug

Joanne - It was a pretty good day at work today, thanks ;) I just finished my dinner, not looking forward to relaxing.

Joanne - It was a pretty good day at work today, thanks ;) I just finished my dinner, not looking forward to relaxing.

I think you meant that you are NOW looking forward to relaxing!!! I know it was a typo, but couldn't resist~~:lol

Off to hook for a bit ---see you in the AM!:hook

Joanne- Thanks for the directions. I was wondering what the paperclip was for. I got it downloaded but have not figured out how to get the pic. to show in my post instead of just a link. I clicked the link and it worked but not as good as an actual picture.

Marisa- I went to the DR on the 17th and they put me on an antibiotic but not much else I can take while preggers. I am lots better than befor but wondering how long it is going to take for my lungs to clear up. My next appointment is March 3rd and will ask if there is not anything that can be done if it is still here by then.

Hi all!

Joanne-do you prepare different foods now that you are on WW? Just wondering. :D

Marisa-I so love that yarn! I bought a couple of skiens of it this last summer, can't remember what I used it for:thinkbut it was super soft and easy to work with.

Elizabeth-that is so cute that you say "preggers" my sista and I always say "pregu". :manyheartHad a good chuckle at that. A hawk? wow! Do you live on a big farm? is your ghan a granny ghan?

Beth-how was your pj day? I am glad that you were able to relax, you are always so busy.:hug

Today was spent catching up on housework and laundry. Whew! Most of the laundry is done and also finished another small soap only basket for another order. weeeheee! Going to try to upload the pics, not sure if they are too dark. Other than that, still plugging away on the border...I think I can, I think I can! Thank you all for the words of ecouragement, I sure need it.

going to check on the kiddo. See ya all in the a.m. Hugs n squishers!

Archived