Some good clean fun?!

Hello.

Joanne, love the pics. That shrug turned out beautifully. Your dd will love it. The baby blanket is adorable already. Can't wait to see it finished.

Marisa, you seem so busy all the time. You have a lot to think about, with your sister planning to expand your business before you even start it! It could be fun to work with a sibling, or it could cause a lot of hurt feelings. Proceed with caution, my friend!

Stacy, BOOHISS on your roomie's daughter!!! I am looking forward to you moving! I'm sorry her team lost by such a big margin, but it is good that they weren't shut out.

Mary, Colleen, LeaAnne, LeeAnn, Elizabeth, Sarah, Shannon, and Vicki, I hope you have a great day.

We have rain here, too, but it doesn't matter much. I have a ballet company meeting :yuck this afternoon that has already ruined my day. I would rather sew!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello.

Joanne, love the pics. That shrug turned out beautifully. Your dd will love it. The baby blanket is adorable already. Can't wait to see it finished.Thank you Beth!

Marisa, you seem so busy all the time. You have a lot to think about, with your sister planning to expand your business before you even start it! It could be fun to work with a sibling, or it could cause a lot of hurt feelings. Proceed with caution, my friend!

Stacy, BOOHISS on your roomie's daughter!!! I am looking forward to you moving! I'm sorry her team lost by such a big margin, but it is good that they weren't shut out.

Mary, Colleen, LeaAnne, LeeAnn, Elizabeth, Sarah, Shannon, and Vicki, I hope you have a great day.

We have rain here, too, but it doesn't matter much. I have a ballet company meeting :yuck this afternoon that has already ruined my day. I would rather sew!

And we all know how much you love to sew!!:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

:waving friends!

Beth, so sorry that the rain and meeting are ruining your day. It must be extreme, if you'd rather sew! :eek

Joanne, your projects are beautiful! Your dd will love the shrug, I'm sure. It is a wonderful color. :yes And :cheer for no Sunday work! It is nice that you get a new position in the old department- I hope that it works out well for you. :manyheart

Sarah, Marisa, Colleen, Mary, Leeann, , Elizabeth, LeaAnne, Vicki- Hope all is well and you are enjoying your weekend. :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

As for the Roomie situation, I just found out they will be moving at the end of June, not sure how that's going to work with the rent she promised to pay, but we'll be alone for almost 2 months! :yay So not that much longer. I really don't want you all to think I've being petty over cookies, because I'm not- I could care less about the food, it's the manipulation behind it that irritates me.

Anyway, dh is doing homework yet again today. I'm supposed to be researching a paper, but I've come to realize that I really work better under a looming deadline. :blush

Last night after the Bux, dh surprised me and we went to the Observatory! :yay:yay:yay I've wanted to go for a while. It was so cool- there are several different halls where you can learn about planetary stuffs, telescopes are set out in the front to look at the planets and stars, and there is a huge to-scale exhibit about the planets. So cool! There was also a show in the planetarium, but we missed the ticket-purchase time by about 15 minutes. Oh, well- we'll save that for another day. Anyway, then we went out for dinner and came home. It was really nice to have that impromptu date. :manyheart

Well, I'd better scoot for now and do some of that research. BBL!

Stacy- How cool that DH took you to the observatory! With you studying astronomy it must have been really neat!!!! How sweet that the two of you had some together time without the girls! Nice to re-charge the batteries!!!

I did some of my best papers under pressure- last minute deadline looming and I would just forge ahead and get it done. I would be good at getting a paper started- outline- etc and be all gung ho- Then I would lose momentum until it was almost due:eek Guess that's when my adrenaline would kick in and I knew I couldn't put it off any longer!

Good luck with the research!!

Beth- Glad you are home from the meeting and now maybe you want to sew a little?:devil:lol:lol

:flowerHiya Friends!

Ya all have sure been busy!

Joanne-I just adrore your shrug and the baby ghan is fantastic! Your dd is going to love the shrug, I bet you can't wait to give it to her. You have such an optimistic heart that I know your new position will work out.

Marisa-wow! your sister is going gun-ho! How exciting! You took to knitting fast, I could never get into the rhythm of it.

Beth-sorry to hear that you did not get the pj day that you wanted. But glad to hear that all of your kiddos enjoyed hanging out. My dd is making "yo-yo's" out of fabric. They are pretty neat, I will have to look for a link to the little gadget, the yo yo's can be used for lots of things, they even have butterfly, heart and flower yo yo's that you can make. She is addicted! :devil

Stacy-awwww..that is a bummer when our kiddos are wronged. Both of my kiddos are soft spoken and quite shy, they have the most difficult time standing up for themselves. I do too, to be honest but have gotten better with age. Date night? what a great suprise!

Colleen-how funny that your dd wanted long sleeve after your made the shirt. My dd is extremely undecisive and can drive me crazy with it. :lol How's the shrug coming along?

Friday night dh brought home dinner and a movie. What a sweety! We had a great time sitting and watching without interupptions. Then on Saturday we had a pj day-we didn't clean out the car:eek it was really windy and icky outside, so we stayed indoors relaxing, crafting, drinking coffee and reading-what a blisful day!

The ghan that I am making is a ripple/wave pattern. I will have to look for the pattern to share with all of you. So far, so good!

Today we drove to the in-laws for brunch and to pick up the kiddos. I gave my father in-law a hair cut, ds and dh...whew! They all needed it tho. Then we went grocery shopping and here we are now at home.

Hello to Mary, Elizabeth and Sarah!

going to try to get some :hook time in. hugs n squishes!

Sorry I've been MIA. The embroidery kit has me in it's thrall. I'm 3/4 of the way through the first picture. After I finish this one I'm going to take a break before finishing the second. Got so sidetracked I forgot I joined another CAL. LOL. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Hi Ladies

Just a quick note. I have been cleaning my house from top to bottem. Getting rid of everything we don't use and Iam going to seel it.

How is Spring in God's country.................... It snowed another 8 inches last night Grrrrrrrrrrr. I know that spring will get here, I just wish it would come soon.

DD and GK come on Friday for a week. Iam really looking forward to that.

I better go , I only allow myself soo much time on here then it is back to work.

Everyone have a great week

Lots of Love

:hug:manyheart

Hi all!

Just a quick pop-in- the girls will be home soon.

Beth, that is really sweet way to think of it- he gave me the stars. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy. :manyheart I hope your meeting wasn't too torturous.

Joanne, I'm all gung-ho when project is assigned, also, then I completely stall until about a week to go. Then I'm printing on the night before it's due. :blush But it works. :shrug

Leeann, I am also shy and reserved (though you can't tell here :lol) and when I was younger I never, ever stuck up for myself. I try to teach the girls just the opposite- the little two have gotten it down, but Isabella is just like me. :(

Well, the girls are home. Good night!

Quick pop in before heading upstairs!

Mary- Good to see your red post- and good luck with selling the stuff you are cleaning out!! Have fun with the GK's at the end of the week.

LeaAnne- Sounds like you and DH had a very nice day yesterday- those are the best kind- just relaxing doing what you like to do!! A very welcome respite in an otherwise busy life!!! Those yo-yo- makers are pretty cool!!

We had a very restful day today- even took a short nap. I worked on the blanket a bit- then started another one- in pound of love- antique white to send off to step daughter- I'll alternate working on each. Also watched some hockey, and read for a bit.

See you all in the AM!

My sixers won in OT, and our little Evan Turner is finally growing up :yay He scored a whole 20 points tonight and actually played hard. As a rookie, he's been a little slow out of the gate and always seemed afraid of the ball. But over the past couple games, he's starting to come out of his shell :think Hopefully it's an ongoing process and we don't take any steps back :xfin

Stacy - I'm the same way, better under pressure to get things done :eek Your evening sounds wonderful :manyheart

Beth - My sister is a breed all of her own :lol We used to HATE each other and never got along until we didn't live in the same house. So, yep, I have my concerns on living with her when I head out that way, but knowing it's not permanent is good. We're better with separate spaces, but luckily for me....I'll get the 3rd floor of her house for the time being. She is doing a whole lot to help me make this office happen. And as long as she'll be in charge of managing all the people and procedures that come with a larger wellness center, then I'm fine with it. I just don't want to be the head of something that big :think She has a VERY good head on her shoulders for something like that :yes We'll be discussing all this when I'm out there next weekend.

Have a wonderful night ladies, I'm heading up stairs :c9

LeeAnn - I learned to knit at the same time I learned to crochet, I just crochet more often and am quicker at it than knitting, so I'm trying to get some practice in that department :lol I learned them both a long time ago, I think I was in high school or just after starting college :think So in the mid-late 90's.

Sarah - I can't wait to see the embroidery project :bounce

Mary - Nice to see ya :hug How's that wrist young lady?

It's DONE!! Finished the first of the two pictures. There's still a few things that need fixed but here it is =0) Took me a week and a day =0)

[ATTACH]36099[/ATTACH]

Good morning!!

Sarah- Your embroidery is beautiful! It's such a lovely picture!!! Great job!!!!!:manyheart

Marisa- Congrats on your Sixers win! The Devils hockey game today went into OT, then a shootout- and they won. I just love games that get extended just a little longer with OT- as long as the team I'm rooting for wins!:lol Have a good day at work today...only a few more days and you're on a mini-vaca!!

I feel rested and ready to start another week of work. Have a good day one and all!

It's DONE!! Finished the first of the two pictures. There's still a few things that need fixed but here it is =0) Took me a week and a day =0)

[ATTACH]36099[/ATTACH]

Absolutely beautiful :manyheart Great work!!!

Good morning!!

Sarah- Your embroidery is beautiful! It's such a lovely picture!!! Great job!!!!!:manyheart

Marisa- Congrats on your Sixers win! The Devils hockey game today went into OT, then a shootout- and they won. I just love games that get extended just a little longer with OT- as long as the team I'm rooting for wins!:lol Have a good day at work today...only a few more days and you're on a mini-vaca!!

I feel rested and ready to start another week of work. Have a good day one and all!

Thanks for reminding me Joanne, although I now I'm leaving thursday, I keep forgetting that I'm actually only working a 4 day week :lol ooooo, talk about hockey, the Flyers lost HORRIBLY to the Rangers :sigh

:waving... :hi

Hiyah, Besties!

Just wanted to drop by and leave you a bunch o' :hug:hug:hug:hug and let you all know I am thinking of you!

Life at the chicken ranch is great, just been real busy :whew

Love you all, and I will be back to post properly later today or tomorrow (I have the day off). :flowerLand is still wonderful. I love it, truly, and now people are realizing that I am there so there are customer orders rolling in:clap

I hope you all have a great day full of nothing less than splendiferousness and fun!

Remember to :U and take your vitamins, ok?

Love ya all!

:manyheart

Lost my post - AGAIN! Second time today it went bye-bye. :sigh

I hope you all have a great day. I'll try to write individual greetings when my computer is behaving a bit better.

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Absolutely beautiful :manyheart Great work!!!

Thanks for reminding me Joanne, although I now I'm leaving thursday, I keep forgetting that I'm actually only working a 4 day week :lol ooooo, talk about hockey, the Flyers lost HORRIBLY to the Rangers :sigh

I know I watched the game:lol DH still likes the Rangers- and-any NY team playing the Flyers is who he is rooting for. My SIL and his dad and bros all are die-hard Rangers fans-My DD is a Devils fan surrounded by Rangers fans--that's why my grandson is definitely going to get a little Devils jersey from me!

Home from Paradise and see it was very slow in here- so I didn't miss much!:)

Beth- How frustrating to lose not one, but two posts!!! Hope the day ended up going better for you than the way it started! How was the volunteering and the ballet studio. Do you also tutor today?

LeaAnne- Glad to hear that flower land at ACM is going well- I know you must be super busy with 4 chickens ....I mean children.....and working!! It's nice when you pop in to say hi

Marisa- Hope your day at work went by fast. Now only 3 more days and you'll be going to Pitt!!!

Stacy- How was class today?

Not much new- other than I was very busy at work- but the day flew by so I can't complain- I am getting ready to settle in with some:crocheting.

Have a good evening

:hug:hug

Evening!

Joanne-I like it when work days fly by! Makes it super fast and fun. Your little baby grandson is going to have so much fun with all of you. How sweet!

Sarah-beeeaaaauuuutiful! You do amazing, fantastic work! WTG!!!!:clap:clap

Marisa-sounds like your sis will get everything together. :lol my sis is very disorganized. She was supposed to start making candles at the same time I did, we both bought the kits together...she hasn't even taken hers out of the package. :eek I feel for her, she works lots of hours and her kiddos are still very young. She has her hands full. Her boys range from ages 3-18.

Stacy-I love Girl Scout cookies! I was a Leader for a few years, talk about hard work, but I loved it! How was class today?

LeaAnne-so happy to read your post, I know you must be running like crazy!

Beth-sorry to hear that you lost your post 2 times, that is frustrating. Was your day better?

Mary-I like organizing, need help? :hugI need to reorganize some of my cupboards but that will have to wait for another day.

Elizabeth-hope you are doing well.

today has been a super busy day. I took both kiddos to school today then stopped and applied for my city license and county license...whoa! Got them! So now I am officialy ready to start my business. I need to work on my website and get all of the pics loaded as well as prices and such..this evening.

dd needs the computer...hope to be back later!

hugs n squishes everyone!

Keith had me laughing today. He was trying to climb the tree in the yard and it was just funny watching him try so hard to figure out how to climb the tree. He is bound and determined to climb a tree.... Don't know where he got the idea from or why he's so determined but that's what he spends time doing every time we go outside.. He tried using the chair but it's a rocking chair so you can figure out how effective that was. Then he wanted to drag his toybox over but it's been sitting outside for almost 3 years and I bought it at a garage sale so no clue how old it actually is so I told him NO cause I don't know if it would hold his weight.

[ATTACH]36175[/ATTACH]

Good morning!

Cute pic of Keith trying to climb the tree Sarah- it must be a hoot to watch! He'll figure it out I'm sure!!! I think he is just a boy being a boy!!!

LeeAnn- Congrats on the 2 licenses- and now you are ready to be open for business! How exciting for you!! Did you get your website up?

Colleen- How's things now that you are back to babysitting this week? Any thing else strike your fancy on the crochet front?

Stacy- I hope that Roomie keeps up her end of things with the rent for the last 2 months, but you and DH must be so happy that come June she'll be gone!!

LeaAnne- Enjoy your day off today!

Beth- How's the large granny coming along?

Mary- Thinking of you and how excited you must be that DD and GK's are coming at the end of the week. BTW- your projects that you posted on FB are all beautiful. I love those sweaters- are they hard to make? (hard as in I know you can make them, but can I?)

Elizabeth- How are you feeling and how are the chickens doing?

Marisa- Have a good day today- do you have a sixers game tonight?

Just eyed the clock so I'd better skedaddle!!! Have a good day EVERYONE!!!!

Good morning - :coffee

I have my :xfin that I can actually post today...

Joanne, enjoy your day in Paradise. I'm so glad you got a break this weekend. I'm sure it makes the next week much more bearable.

Sarah, Keith is adorable. Thank you for sharing his antics with us! My kids have grown up so fast, it's nice to see true youth in action!

LeeAnn, congrats on being a licensed business owner! How very exciting for you!!! Good luck, and when you get your website up and running, please let me know!

LeaAnne, how exciting that you are getting customer orders now! I'm so glad you found a job that suits you so well.

Marisa, A short week! That sounds very nice. Have you made any progress on your sweater?

Stacy, June isn't that far away! I hope things turn out OK rent-wise, but what a huge relief to be free from the Terror and the Roomie! Will your next home be just the five of you?

Mary, Hooray for grandchildren!!! I am excited for you, that they are coming.

Colleen, have you had any more extra special mommy-daughter days lately? Have you been babysitting a lot? How is your volunteer work going? Any more crochet projects tweak your interest?

Elizabeth, I'm thinking about you. I hope you and your family are all doing well. And the chickens, too!

The giant granny is growing quickly. I have been waking up in the ugly hours of the morning, and it's mindless enough to work on when severly sleep deprived. I think I'm on the last group of stripes -- one more of each color, and I'll be about out of yarn. (That's a good time to stop, right?) The shawl is also growing. When I need a break from the granny, I work on it. It's also mindless, but it blows my mind how pretty it is. I love that pattern. It's big enough now for an 8-year-old girl. (I had one try it on at the ballet studio yesterday when she asked what I was making.)

Today, I am going to Michael's with my dd -- I need more of the Vanna's glamour yarn for the shawl -- then we're going to Trader Joe's -- anybody want a bagel? -- then I work in the afternoon, and that's all! Easy Peasy Lemon squeezy!

Good morning ladies :hi

Sorry I didn't make it back last night, but I was exhausted and went straight to bed when I got home about 6:30 and slept for 12 hours!!! :eek I've already done my workout and had my bfast and am now getting to check in and I feel GREAT this morning.

Oh, Happy Mardi Gras to everyone :yay Or where I'm from, it's known as donut day :D Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and the start of Lent for me....I give up chocolate every year :yes So here comes 40 days chocolate free :lol

LeaAnne - :yay for your flower orders, glad to hear you're loving your job :hug

Beth - :yay for getting your post up this morning, I can't wait to see your giant granny :bounce

Joanne - There is an away game tonight, but I do have a home one tomorrow :clap

LeeAnn - Sounds like our sister's are opposites :lol

Sarah - How cute of a pic is that with Keith trying to climb the tree :manyheart We used to climb the trees in our backyard all the time :yes You'll have to tell him that some trees are good for climbing, but others are not :lol But he'll get it and he'll be soooo proud when he does :yes

Archived