Some good clean fun?!

May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, The foresight to know where you are going, And the insight to know when you have gone too far.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Stacy- So glad that the crisis was averted - and that was great that you could just whip her up a cute little shamrock pin!!

Running behind- so to all- Top o the Morning and a great day!!!:clover

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey ladies :hi

Just a quick stop to say hello. I did get up and go to the doc this morning and I have a sinus infections and he gave me some antibiotics. I stopped to get the rx filled on the way home, had some toast and took the first dose. Now going to crawl back into bed, if they kick in and I feel better when I wake then I'll head over to work. Mary's not there either since she ended up taking her mom to the hospital this morning for breathing issues and found some fluid in her chest. Her mom already has alot of health issues so they can't be too cautious :no

Now my bed is hollering and I'm going to oblige :D

Good evening all!

Joanne-glad that you had a great day and that tomorros is Friday! woohooo! Any special plans for the weekend?:hug

Marisa-feel better soon!:hug

Stacy-that is so funny about your dd needing to find the perfect St. Patties pin. My dd was the same way. She wore a green t-shirt and a green beaded necklace. Ds said he is "too old" for such things.:lol Dh and I both wore green too. What fun!

Beth-how ya doing? Haven't heard from you today, hope your allergies are settling down.

Colleen and Mary-are you getting warm weather?

Today was super duper windy,...felt like our house was going to blow away! I did take the kiddos swimming after school. I swam too, what fun! My friend Rose met us there with her kiddos. Had a great time. Going to sit and :hook oh and I made another candle. Twilight Woods scent-oooh sooo yummy! I will add it tomorrow as well as a few other goodies to my Etsy shop tomorrow.

hugs n squishes!

Good morning and TGIF!

LeeAnn- Sounds like you and the DK's had a fun day swimming!!! I chuckled when I read about your windy day!- I had read this once about March winds- 'Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn."

Beth and Marisa- Hope you are both feeling somewhat better today!!!!

Not much new to report since yesterday! I finished the border on the baby ghan- now have the ends to weave in this evening. Then it will be finished! It's good toddler size blanket I think- so I'll have to make a "newborn" looking one in addition to the baseball ghan I want to make- so many ideas in my head- so little time!

Speaking of time- it's time to get ready for Friday in Paradise!

Hugs to all!

Good morning ladies :hi

My fever is down this morning :D My head is still congested and groggy, but I am going into work today. Going to stop on my way there to pick up some dayquil.

I hope you all have a great day and I'll be back later.

:hi besties.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I wasn't feeling well, and I'm tired of hearing myself whine.

Today I'm supposed to meet with the girls for crochet. I didn't remind anybody, though, so I'm wondering if anyone will show up. I wouldn't mind if they didn't. I'll be there, but going home and relaxing sounds really good. (Which means they'll all show up and bring friends.)

Happy TGIF. Hope you have a great one!

Top of the morning!

Beth-please complain away, when I am sick I am a huge baby. :lol I hope that you feel better soon and that you will be able to relax and rest some.:hug

Joanne-hope your day in Paradise goes fast! Good job on finishing the ghan! You are cranking those projects out. :hugI liked your saying about Spring. I will keep thinking of you as we get thru these windy days. Here in the San Luis Valley it is windy almost all year long but March-May is horrible. Since I live out in the sticks-the wind and dust fly around so much that you can not see, looks like a tunnel of dirt.

Marisa-glad to hear that you are feeling somewhat better, will you get to rest this weekend?

Not much going on here, keeping up with chores and such-nothing too exciting. :devil This afternoon I am hoping to walk with Kathi if the weather cooperates.

still plugging away on my nephews ghan, going to stop at Jc Penny's to order him a set of luggage-I think that is an excellent gift for a college kid. My little sister loved hers. Maybe I can get a set for us too.

BBL! Hugs n squisheeeeesssss!

Back home and it's the weekend!

LeeAnn- I think a set of luggage is a great idea!!! We had a nice dose of spring/summerlike weather today- 77 degrees when I left work! Gotta love it- but it's a tease- temps are going back to normal over the weekend!

Beth- No worries about the "whine" --just have some cheese and crackers with it!- hope you had fun crocheting today- with/or without friends!

Marisa- Hope you had a good day and the dayquil helped! Rest up tonight- and take it easy so you can whip that sinus infection for good!!!

Colleen, Mary, Sarah, LeaAnne, Stacy, Elizabeth- thinking of you-

Going to go outside for a bit before the sun goes down!

Good evening ladies :hi

I made it through the day and I'm home :clap Even still awake :lol I do feel better, still congested though. At least I'm functional :yay (My standards aren't very high :lol ) Tomorrow I'll do my laundry.

Beth - Come and whine all you want, we don't mind at all sweetie pie ;) Sometimes it helps to make you feel better :yes Did your crochet friends show up today?

LeeAnn - Did you get to walk today? The luggage is a great idea :yes I do plan to rest for the weekend. Need to do laundry and will probably clean the turtles too, we'll see how ambitious I get :lol

Joanne - It was 73 in my car on the way home from work at 6:00 :eek I'm glad you had a little time to enjoy it.

Good morning! And welcome to the weekend!!!

I've already got one load of laundry done and in the dryer with another one going. I'm trying to get my cleaning out of the way before the day really starts so that I have a full weekend ahead! So far I'm doing ok, with a break to stop in and say good morning!

off to get another cup of coffee and tackle the downstairs bath!

Hope you all are doing well and Marisa- glad to hear Mary's mom is home and that you are feeling better!

LeaAnne- Hope you haven't been swallowed up by all the flowers at ACM? Have the chickens had spring break yet? I'll be heading to beantown in a couple of weeks with my youngest- her last hurrah so to speak before she becomes a mama!

Mary- How is your visit with your DD and Gk's going? Are they still with you?

Stacy- I know you must really have your hands full- good luck with your midterms

Beth- Hope you are feeling better and that today is a good day for you.

Colleen- Anything on your hook? I love that hat you made- and I am thinking of starting a shrug for me this weekend. But first, I've got to force myself to weave in the ends of the baby ghan!

LeeAnn- Are your kiddos feeling better? Today is the last day of winter!!! Yippee!!!!!

Sarah- How's the embroidery coming along. Has Keith figured out how to climb a tree?

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Hi Everybody.

I slept through the night without any medicines to help. I guess I'm doing better, but I can't lose the last of it. I wonder if it was a mixture of a cold and allergies, and it's still allergy season here -- ever see green cars? the pollen count is so high when the trees are blooming, everything gets covered.

Joanne, I would like to be more like you -- get the cleaning done first, then enjoy the rest of the weekend. I used to do all my cleaning on Thursdays, but that kind of fell to the wayside when I started tutoring on Thursday. Can't do it all before he gets here.

LeeAnn, Is everybody feeling better at your house?

Marisa, so glad to hear you are better, and Mary's mom is home. Modifying the diet can be difficult, but easier in my opinion than undergoing surgery, or depending on medication.

LeaAnne, how are things in the chicken coop? I hope you are all well.

Mary, Is your hand doing OK? Can you crochet like usual? Are you getting lots of stock for the next show? When is the next show?

Colleen, How goes babysitting? Did you have a good March break?

Sarah, has Keith managed to engineer his way up that tree yet? How goes the embroidery?

Stacy, how are midterms? How are your kids? Give them all hugs from me, OK?

Elizabeth, I'm thinking of you and your family. I hope everything is going well for you.

Today is my son's last swim meet for the season. I never volunteered to help, since I was feeling so horrible all week. And honestly, if the person next to me were coughing as much as I'm going to be coughing, I'd be very unhappy. So I'll stay home. Maybe I'll get some crocheting done. Oh, my crochet group was good. Almost everyone came. I had a new student, too. He's a 16-year-old guy, very smart, left-handed, and after I showed him, he sat and wrestled with it himself to try to get it down.

Well, I need to put my bedding in the dryer -- dog got sick on my bed. Isn't that an awesome way to start the day?

Have a good one!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

I have my sheets in the washer getting a heavy and hot wash making sure to kill my germs :lol I'm really just going to pass on the cleaning and just straighten up simply because I don't feel like it. But will suck it up and do the bedroom and bathroom since those are the 2 places I spent all my time while I was being sick. I still am sick, but feeling better....my head still feels congested, but that's kinda the worst of it and still have a bit of a cough, but not too bad now. I ran up to dunkin donuts for a bfast sandwich and a tea because I just didn't feel like making bfast and wanted to try this new sandwich they have. Well, I've tried it and must say that I don't feel the need to have another :( But, it served its purpose anyway. Now I think I'll sit and work on my knitting while I drink my tea and wait for the sheets to finish :think

Joanne - When are you heading up to boston again?

Beth - Glad you're starting to feel better too :yes I'm amazing at you had a 16 yo boy in your group :D As for Mary's mom, she already has many health problems and is taking several meds already. She had a build up of fluid around the heart which they contribute to extra salt intake :think I'm not sure on that simply because Mary's aunt cooks and hasn't changed her cooking and pack a lunch for her every day to go to 'work' so her diet has not changed at all. (She doesn't really work, but goes to an adult type daycare program that she calls work ;) ) She can't just stop out and get something like we do unless someone takes her. Well, they already keep a close eye on it, but will be like fort knox now :lol

Hope all is well with you ladies for the weekend, I'll be back a bit later :yes

Well, I typed this up 2 hours ago and am posting now because I lost my internet connection for a while....I think some people were working outside :think

Heeellllllllllllo out there in tv land :lol

Where is everyone :think

I guess you're all busy little bees. Coming by to check in and share some pics. One is the scarf I made last weekend while I was in Pitt, it's the belle scarf by Lion Brand done in Homespun :manyheart And the other is the back piece of my knit sweater :clap I just finished up :D

:flower:flower:woo:jumpyay:yay Happy First Day of Spring!!!:cheer:yay:dance:jumpyay:flower

Marisa- Your sweater is coming out so nice!! WTG:clap Also love the Belle scarf- I've made a few- they are quick and come out so cool looking!

Where is everyone? Seems like this place has become very quiet lately! Hope everyone is doing well and that you all have a lovely, relaxing First Day of Spring!!!!

Thanks Joanne :D I must say that I'm proud of it so far :lol And thanks for the flowers.

I sure hope everyone's alright, I don't know where they're hiding either and am not very good at hide n seek :blush:lol

Just having my bfast.....woke up starving :think Will go to the car wash today, just not sure yet around what time I'll go.

Good Afternoon!

Marisa-glad to hear that you are feeling better, and that your sinus infection is almost gone. Great work on the scarf and back of the sweater, I love the colors on the scarf especially! Verrrrrryyyyy Pretttyyyy! Your sweater is going to be awesome!

Joanne-ohh la la! Your little grandson to be is so lucky! The afghan is sweet sweet sweet! Good work! Were you able to relax after your cleaning?

Sorry that I have been MIA. My little sister is on Spring Break and came over yesterday for a visit. She spent the night. :manyheartWe watched movies and had pizza...and yapped and yapped. It was great! I am glad that she was able to stop over if only for a day and night. She left earlier this morning, since then I have been getting some hook time in, about 3/4 done with the ghan.

this afternoon we are taking the kiddos swimming at the local community center. The kiddos are excited, dh is coming with us.

Other than that, nothing new. I tried to order the set of luggage for my nephew, however they are out of stock-the set that I want is a five piece set..going to try again this week.

back to :hook Hugs n squishes!

That's great that you little sis came for a visit LeeAnn- you two must have had a nice time together!!! Have fun swimming - sounds like a good time to me!!

I've had a good weekend- very relaxing- which is what I like- got all the cleaning done yesterday morning- and even some yard work- and the rest of the weekend has been spent watching "march madness" a little hooking, a little reading and a little walking! DH and I went to a cafe today to listen to some jazz- I brought cotton yarn so I made a washcloth and DH played around on his IPad. Then we walked around for a bit, stopped at the library and now we're home.

Dinner is ready- but I'm not hungry yet. I made beef stew in the crockpot- gotta love the crockpot- dinner done without cooking! LOL

Have a good night everyone!

Evenin' All!

Joanne-so glad that you were able to relax-I was thinking of March Madness today! How funny that you mentioned it! :lol A jazz club sounds awesome! Dh and I have totally different tastes in music and genre-he likes heavy rock and metal and I like country, some classical and oldies.

Marisa-did you get your car all cleaned up?

we had a great time swimming, great fmaily time, then we went out to dinner:manyheart:manyheart going to grab my hook and get to work. Want to start on a granny striped ghan next, but must finish this first.

have a good night friends and wonderful Monday morning!

:hi friends!

I am wiped out! We have had an eventful weekend- yesterday was Isabella's playoff game (which they lost :(,) a health fair at the girls' school, and a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. Then today was the marathon- and it poured for the entire thing! My poor FIL- as well as all of the other runners! It was terrible- about an inch an hour at some points. But he made it. MIL watched the girls for us, and she made a nice pasta dinner, then we came home. Two of the girls are crashed- Isabella is, of course, the hold-out, watching tv and hoping I won't tell her it's bedtime. :lol

Tomorrow is the start of a new week. :sigh I received an email from my history prof that she may cancel class tomorrow. I am :xfin that she does- I still have about half of the chapter to read, and she hinted last week that she may give a quiz. :blush

Marisa- your projects are beautiful. :manyheart Great work. I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better.

Joanne, your blanket is so adorable! I love the colors- very bright and cheery. :yes

Leeann, how nice to have some girl-time with your sis! :yay

Well, dearies, I am going to say good night, and hopefully have a date with my bed. :manyheart:lol Love and hugs to all! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

:think Do I remember how to post???

Hi everybody, and happy Monday. I hope you are all well.

Joanne, love the grandbabyghan. It's very boyish, but still pretty.

Marisa, love your scarves, and the sweater is looking great!!! It's too small, though. It will never fit me. Is that self-striping yarn, or are you changing colors? It's beautiful.

LeeAnn, sounds like you've been busy as always. Your family seems to have fun all the time. That's awesome. My sons took their "girls" on a double date this weekend -- that's family fun time around here now. :sigh They grow up WAY too fast.

Stacy, is everybody healthy now? Do you need a canoe to get to school today? I know you like rain, but did you get enough yet?

Mary, Colleen, LeaAnne, Elizabeth, Sarah, I hope you are all well, and things are going great for you.

I feel like I'm over the cold, but still have allergies. Pollen season is intense here.

I now have 5 cats. I have been feeding the neighbor's cat for a while, and he asked me to make sure the cat had water this summer. I was talking to him yesterday, and he said he might have to move, and he was giving his dog to the neighbor next door. I said I guess he'd want me to keep his cat. He said that the cat was already mine, wouldn't come to him any more, and cats were funny like that, but his cat picked to be my cat. So, it's now official.

So does this make me a crazy cat lady?

:cat:yarn :yarn :cat

Archived