Some good clean fun?!

Good morning!

Stacy- Sounds like a very busy weekend for a very busy mom and college student! I had seen on FB that your FIL was running the marathon- I think that is so awesome and such an inspiration to us "oldies"!! Your rain has made it here today- I know how you like it- me- not so much!:lol But it could be worse- at least it's raining on Monday and not on my days off!!!

Running a little behind- so will just say- Welcome to the beginning of another week- and hope it's a good one!:hug

Oh, Marisa- how are you doing in your bracket? the Big East is killing mine! I have Ohio going all the way- what about you?

Off to get ready for paradise!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:think Do I remember how to post???

Hi everybody, and happy Monday. I hope you are all well.

Joanne, love the grandbabyghan. It's very boyish, but still pretty.

Marisa, love your scarves, and the sweater is looking great!!! It's too small, though. It will never fit me. Is that self-striping yarn, or are you changing colors? It's beautiful.

LeeAnn, sounds like you've been busy as always. Your family seems to have fun all the time. That's awesome. My sons took their "girls" on a double date this weekend -- that's family fun time around here now. :sigh They grow up WAY too fast.

Stacy, is everybody healthy now? Do you need a canoe to get to school today? I know you like rain, but did you get enough yet?

Mary, Colleen, LeaAnne, Elizabeth, Sarah, I hope you are all well, and things are going great for you.

I feel like I'm over the cold, but still have allergies. Pollen season is intense here.

I now have 5 cats. I have been feeding the neighbor's cat for a while, and he asked me to make sure the cat had water this summer. I was talking to him yesterday, and he said he might have to move, and he was giving his dog to the neighbor next door. I said I guess he'd want me to keep his cat. He said that the cat was already mine, wouldn't come to him any more, and cats were funny like that, but his cat picked to be my cat. So, it's now official.

So does this make me a crazy cat lady?

:cat:yarn :yarn :cat

You are the crazy crocheting cat lady:lol:lol:lol

:cat:yarn :yarn :cat

(all in good fun, Beth) :hug:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

Getting ready to head out. Still coughing and being congested, but am SLOWLY improving :yes Not sure when I'll make it back after this morning, I have a deposition after work tonight and it will depend on how long it runs if I'll be back in today and then I have another in the morning :eek

Joanne - I love using my crockpot too :yes and it's also raining here :( I'm doing pretty poorly on my brackets this yeaer :( I think I picked Kentucky in the Big East :think

LeeAnn - Yep, my car got cleaned, and now again today with the rain :lol

Stacy - Was class canceled this morning :xfin

Beth - (or should I say crazy crocheting cat lady :lol ) The yarn is self striping, which is going to throw off the striping pattern for the 2 front panels as compared to the back, but that's ok.

Hiya friends!

Taking a break from the cleaning whirlwind that I am on!:lol

Beth-that is soo funny that you have lots of cats, us too! We have five.:D My kiddos love them. A double date sounds so neat! I am scared for my kiddos to start dating, I am hoping that it is faaar away.

Joanne-rain would be soo nice here in CO, we are still having major wind storms, no walking today:blush but I think I am making up for it with all of the cleaning, scrubbing sure takes energy.:yes

Marisa-hope your day flies by without too much stress.

Stacy-how's your day going? I am sure that you are preparing for mid-terms. good Luck!

think my kitchen floor is dry, time to move the chairs back in. Hugs n squishes!

BBL!

Hello!

Class was canceled this morning! :clap:cheer So all I had was my astro class, then went to the grocery store, came home and put it all away, and went to get Eva. Dh is coming home early to take the girls to their Y classes- I need to head back to school and get some help from the professor. I am totally lost on light and wavelengths, and he said this would be a major portion of our class from here on out. :think I put dinner in the crockpot this morning, and it is already finished! Stuffed green pepper soup- it is more like a stew, and so yummy!!

Joanne, sorry to hear the rain headed your way. Our weatherman lied- it was supposed to rain all week except Wednesday. Now they say it is going to stop until Wednesday, but it is still raining. :think I think they just don't know how to forecast anything but sun. :lol

Beth, congrats on acquiring a new cat! How funny that the cat won't go to your neighbor anymore. I do think this boosts you to "cat lady" status now. And no- I have not had enough rain! :lol I was seriously disappointed when the weatherman said it was supposed to stop. :(

Leeann, sounds like you are on a cleaning streak!! You can come over here, when you're done. :D How are the candles coming along? How is your Etsy shop?

Well, I better scoot. I have to get the girls, and then come back for my books and stuff. BBL!!

Good evening ladies :hi

My deposition tonight was cancelled :yay:clap Still on for tomorrow morning though. I was kind of in my own little world at work today :lol I got an email of pics for an office in Pitt, well just outside, which i forwarded to my sister and my parents. So I chatted on the phone for a bit with my parents about it. It looks really nice and well kept, but it's in a plaza so it's a rented space. I'd rather buy a building, but how ever the cards get played, I'm sure that's the way it's meant for me right now :think I'm going to have my sister head over to check it out this weekend, which also means I need to make up a checklist for what I need her to look at while she's there :think I'm waiting to hear back from the doc about what days/times would be good for him.

Hope you all had a wonderful day and get to kick back a bit :wink

Hi all,

LeeAnn- So you are a crazy cat lady too?:cat:cat:cat:cat:cat Five cats in your house and 5 cats in Beth's- you can be crazy cat ladies together!!:lol Hope you didn't go too crazy with the cleaning- you're putting me to shame!:lol

Stacy- Hope the prof can help you understand the light and wavelengths- and glad to hear your class was cancelled so you could get grocery shopping done! That's nice of DH to take the girls to the Y tonight so you can get the help you need. How was the soup- sounds good!! Crock pots rock!!!

Beth- Double dates!!! Yup they do grow up fast and before you know it they are all out on their own!! As LeaAnne used to say- ages and stages!:manyheart

Marisa- :yay for the depo being cancelled and for the potential office! Very exciting time for you planning the next stage in your career!:hug

Hope everyone is doing well- Colleen, Sarah, LeaAnne, Mary:hug

Off for the night- see you in the AM

Hello hello!

Joanne-:lol:lol cat lady? too funny! The cats were all kittens, but have grown up. They are all outside pets, ds is allergic to cats, as am I, but he still loves them to pieces. They are all black too. :yes Are you watching DWTS this season?

Marisa-so glad that your disp. was cancelled and wtg on finding a building, how exciting! Do you think that you will move within the year?

Stacy-happy dance that your class was canc. and that dh was able to take the girls to the Y. :P Did you get help from your professor? Sounds complicated.

I only had one sale on Etsy but have had a couple more off line, not bad, need to get my name out there more and take better pictures. The last few were not as detailed, I will fix them some time this week.

I need to look up new crock pot recipes, any favorites? I do like the convenience of them and the home cooked feel.

Was able to iron the curtains in my room, put them back up, sweep, mop, laundry and clean the kitchen and chairs and polish them too....whew! I feel a little sore, but am making headway on my "to do" list. Tomorrow will be another day. Oh and made a lasagna for din din.

off to get a little more hook time in before calling it a night.

hugs n squishes dear friends! Sleep tight!

I'm ba-ack. :D I had the most fascinating chat with my prof. :manyheart We talked about the problems I'm having for about 30 minutes, then I asked him about something he mentioned in class, and we ended up :blah for another hour and a half! :lol He makes these little side comments in class, and says if we want to know more, to ask him afterward, but since I have back-to-back classes, I can never stay to ask. He also gave me some reading recommendations, which was nice.

I will post the recipe for the soup I made. It was sooooo yummy! If you like stuffed green peppers- this soup tastes exactly like it sounds. :yes

Leeann, I cannot believe how much you are getting done!! You are on a roll!

Marisa, WTG on finding the building. :xfin that everything is going to work out!

Stuffed green pepper soup

1 lb browned ground beef (I used ground turkey)

2 cups water

1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes OR 1 can of tomato soup*

1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce

3/4 cup whiter rice

1 large green bell pepper, chopped

1 beef bouillon cube

1/8 cup Packed brown sugar (forgot to add this)

2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (and this)

Throw it all in the crockpot. How easy is that?

Top with mozzarella cheese(optional)

*If you use the tomato soup instead of the diced tomatoes, the soup gets thicker. You'll need to keep an eye on in and add more water. Both ways are yummy!

These are the instructions as they were sent to me, with my comments in red. I used the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, and it turned out pretty thick that way. I actually ended up adding about another cup of water at the end. Oh, and it cooked completely in less than 3 hours. :DEasy-peasy! And yummy. Did I already mention that?

Good morning!

Stacy- Thanks for the stuffed green pepper recipe. It DOES sound yummy. I'm glad that your meeting with the professor was a success!!!!

LeeAnn- You are on your spring cleaning roll I see! WTG!!!! I totally forgot that DWTS was on last night!! I'll have to remember that a new season has started. I've been watching Chicago Code on Fox at 9 on Monday's- I love that show!

Marisa- Good luck at the deposition this morning- that is, if it isn't cancelled!! Hope today finds you feeling even better than yesterday!

Beth- Good morning you crazy cat lady you!! LOL!!! Hope the allergies are calming down a bit!

Off to get ready for another day in Paradise! Have a good one everyone!

:yawn:coffee:morcoffee

Good morning all! Happy Tuesday!

Today is as close to a PJ day as I'll get in a while. I am planning on working on my shawl most of the morning, once I pry myself off the computer that is...

Joanne, have a great day in Paradise!

Marisa, congrats on finding a good candidate for an office. And on getting a day off from the deposition. I hope that goes well for you today.

LeeAnn, it will take time for your Etsy shop to take off. It should. Your products are awesome. Speaking of which, I got my order, and my sister got her birthday present. We are both very happy. The pina colada smells Sooooooo good! The candle is lovely.

Stacy, that soup sounds so good. I'm glad you had a good chat with your professor.

Just a quick fly by this morning as I'm on my way out the door. The office I'm going to today is a different one I've never been to, so like to leave a little extra time for finding and parking :lol

Looks pretty active since I've been in here last night :think Thanks for the recipe Stacy, I'll print it out later and can't wait to try it out :yes

Gotta run, be back tonight

Morning!

Beth-I am so glad that you recvd everything, the postal service sure is fast! I mailed out your sister's package on Friday.:eek Can't believe that? wow! So so so very happy that you like everything. :hug A pj day sounds wonderful! I am going to sit this morning and crochet, but have to make my bed first and tidy up...can't seem to relax until things are cleared up. How's the progress on the shawl?

Joanne-so sorry that I did not remind you about DWTS, it was pretty good, more relaxed. Have a great day at work!

Stacy-thank you for the delicious recipe! yummy! I am going to make it tomorrow, have to buy green bell peppers. That is awesome that your prof. is so chatty and answered all of your questions, don't you just love that?

Marisa-hoping you find your place quickly and get a fantastic parking spot!:yes is your sinus infection clearing up?

guess I should get my tush in gear so that I can finish that ghan. Hugs n extra squishes dear friends!

Quick stop in to say hi!

Had a good day in Paradise, stopped at the library book sale again on the way home and picked up a few Debbie Macomber paperbacks, had dinner and just getting ready to watch Biggest Loser!

See you all in the AM!!

Hey there ladies :hi

My deposition went pretty well this morning. It was about an hour, and would've been much less if attorney's could just grow up :lol I've never seen objections that bad before :sigh

My sister is going on saturday to check out that office for me :yay I'm very excited about that and have to make a checklist for her.

LeeAnn - I sure am feeling better, not 100% yet, but better :yes I actually felt human and coherent today :rofl

Joanne - enjoy your show

Evenin' All!

Joanne-new books are always wonderful! Enjoy your show!

Marisa-sorry to hear that the disp. took longer than necessary. But glad that you are feeling lots better!

Had to take dd in to the doc. office this evening, she has a bladder infection. Poor girl, she hates using public bathrooms and will wait until she gets home, not good. No matter what I say, she just doesn't go, any suggestions?

Other than that, nothing new. I'm on the border of the ghan, hoping to finish it this evening. Off to :hook

Night all! Sweet dreams!

Good morning - happy hump day!

Heading in a bit early- so this will be quick

LeeAnn- Sorry to hear about DD's bladder infection-

what if she drank more fluids- she wouldn't be able to hold it in- I never had this issue with any of my girls so not sure what advice I can give, but I'll ponder on it during the day.

I'll be heading to my DD's MIL's after work- DD's friend will be there and we're planning the baby shower/bbq-

Oh, and even though the calendar says it's SPRING, it's SNOWING! - Luckily, it's not supposed to last- but maybe some tonight into tomorrow- I'm thinking only about an inch or two- BUT, that is an inch or two too many !!!:lol

I have a sixers game tonight :clap It's been a while since we had a home game so I'm excited. That being said, I won't be back until tomorrow morning. I have a guy coming to work today to look at my sewing machine so I hope it's an easy fix :xfin

LeeAnn - Good luck with your dd. Not much you can do, just make sure she knows that this will continue to happen and increases her risk of other problems/diseases later in life if she continues to wait like that. :hug

Joanne - Have a great day at work. We're supposed to get rain all day, but my parents are expecting snow and I see delays for some school on the tv :think It's dry here as of now though.

See y'all tomorrow

I can't believe I didn't do my morning post today -- can you say "Tired?" Oh well. I'm here now!

I have been cleaning, with the help of my twin inventions. He cleaned the floor, she mopped it, and the front room looks so much better. I did the kitchen. Big improvement. Got the dishes caught up, and the last of the laundry is in the dryer as we speak.

I finished the shawl yesterday. I've got a ball of the yarn left, and it's not appropriate for hats, so I'm trying to make clothes for 18" dolls, but I don't have any in my house.... Oh well. it's still fun.

I hope you all have a great Hump Day!

:hug

Hi all,

Got home a little bit ago and we had fun planning the shower- and talking about how excited everyone is - this will be the first grandchild for both me and for my SIL's parents- so it's lots of fun!

Hope you all had a good day- and I'm off to grab "breakfast" for dinner and then chill for a while before calling it another day!!

Hugs to all!

Good morning,

I hope your day is full of sunshine and happiness.

Joanne, a baby shower -- what fun!!! You'll have to let me know if "Grandma" is as good a job as I think it will be. I am so happy for you. A grandson -- what joy!

Marisa, did you get your sewing machine fixed? How was the game?

LeeAnn, is your etsy shop taking off? I lit my candle yesterday -- it smells SOOOOOO good. I'll be burning it more today, I promise! How is your dd doing?

Stacy, when does school end for you? Are your girls doing OK?

Mary, are your grandkids there? Are you almost ready for your next sale?

Colleen, did you find any more projects that caught your interest? Is your dd still swimming?

LeaAnne, what are your chickens up to these days? Do you find any time to crochet with all the flower arranging you're doing?

Sarah, what are you and your little man up to these days? Did you finish the second embroidery project?

Yesterday, I made some things for an 18 inch doll. My friend will be lending me one to see how they fit. I may need to teach her daughter how to make these things, but the girl is a great crocheter, so it wouldn't be a problem at all. If they fit, I will definitely take pictures.

Today, I need to clean my room and the dining room. Wouldn't hurt to clean the bathroom, too, but let's not get ahead of ourselves!

Running a tad later than usual so quick post to say hi and have a wonderful day! Beth- you crack me up- with the "lets not get ahead of ourselves":lol

I am looking forward to the joys of grandmotherhood and think it will be everything I'm hoping for and more!

Can't post to all right now,- the roads are slick (come back spring, Please!!!!) and I'm running behind so I'd better skedaddle!

Have a wonderful day everyone!:hug

My sixers won last night :clap We have about 7 more home games to go for the season, minus playoffs. Work was busy and the guy came to fix my sewing machine which now works and he cleaned the whole inside too :yes:yay I have some things to mend, which I'll do over the weekend :yes

Beth - WTG on getting your cleaning caught up, I need to do that myself :think:blush I hope the doll clothes fit :xfin And what color is the shawl that you made? If you mentioned before, I don't remember :(

Joanne - Have a great day at work and it's great that you and grandma #2 get along well :clap Have fun with the shower planning.

Morning, all.

Long night, didn't get to bed until about midnight. Not by choice. I am really :yawn and a little :(, so I will just say hello and send some :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug. I have Mia's conference before school, and a "practice midterm" today in my soc. class. Not terribly busy.

Love and hugs to all. Hope you have a beautiful day!

Archived