Some good clean fun?!

:hug:hugMorning Sunshines!

Beth-I am so happy that you lit your candle and are loving the scent...doing a happy dance!:cheer My Etsy shop has had more viewings, going to be adding different unique soaps next week as I am still in the beginning stages of figuring things out and how to blend colors..but what fun! Hope the doll clothes fit, how neat is that! I love your "let's not get ahead of ourselves" comment.:rofl You are too funny! I am tired of housework, seems like I spend most of my time doing just that...going to take a break. :lol Hope the crochet session turns out great!:hug

Joanne-or should I say "grandma to be", exciting times for you and your family!:c9 soo fun! How is your dd feeling? So sorry that it has snowed, uggghhh...we are still experiencing high winds here, dangerous for a forest fire in the northern part of CO, they can't get it under control. Very scary.

Marisa-I bet you are thrilled that your sewing machine is up and running, do you quilt?:hug Have you ever tried it before? I bet you would be great at it!

Stacy-sorry you had a late night.:hugHope your practice mid term goes well.

I can't believe that I did not post yesterday, I was busy as a bee. :yes Thank you again Stacy for the bell pepper recipe...delicious! My family loved it! It is a winner! Also ordered more products for the summer craft fair...I'm getting nervous-I want to make several different soaps/candles but will have to try them out before posting a pic, so that I can say, "VIOLA!" Oh and finished the ghan for my wonderful nephew.

today I am taking my great aunt to her doc appt. and running errands for her and am applying for a new job within the migrant company...oh gosh, super nervous about that too. I will be dropping off my application this afternoon too.

I hope you all have a Splendid Wonderful Fantastic kind of day!

hugs n extra squishes!:hug

post-33271-135897641998_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897642002_thumb.jpg

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LeeAnn, your afghan is gorgeous!!! What an awesome gift! Those colors are great together. I really want to make a ripple. I even have some self-striping yarn I'm going to use... Just to add it to the (ever-growing) list.

hello all!

Just got home a few minutes ago, I am children-less. My great Aunt asked if the kiddos could stay and visit with her, they were only to happy to say YES! Dh will be picking them up and bringing them home after work...what to do with my time??

hmmm.....Crochet! yup, going to start a new project, now what to make???

hugs n squishes!

Beth-thank you for the compliment on the ghan, it sure worked up fast! Self striping yarn is delicious! I bet it would look awesome in a ripple.:-)

LeeAnn That afghan is gorgeous!!!!! Gorgeous!!!! Gorgeous!!!!!:manyheart your nephew is one lucky guy!!!!! Have fun being child-less for a while- and I'm sure your Great-Aunt must be tickled to have some young ones with her for a while!!! Win- Win situation!!! When will you hear about the other position with the migrants?

Beth- I keep saying I'm going to try a ripple too- I've done a RR , but never a straight one- well, I did about 31 years ago- someone where I was working showed me how to do it. I made a couple of them and then I didn't crochet again until 2 years ago- Oh, how I wish I had stuck with the crocheting!!! :yes

Stacy- How was the conference? Hope you get to have a good night's sleep tonight!!!:c9

I had a good day at work- my co-worker was watching her nephew today- so she brought him in to show him where "auntie" works- and we had so much fun with him. We all had lunch together - and he brought back memories of children at that age-he just turned 3. I love 3-5 year olds, especially 4 year olds!!!

Marisa- The game must have been fun since your team won! Hope your day today went by quickly and I can't wait to see you on Saturday!

Hope that EVERYONE is doing well.

Good evening ladies :hi

Work went fairly quick today and was busy :yes Can't wait to make it to my couch, but figured I'd better stop by first or I probably wouldn't make it later :think

Stacy - I hope your day went well :hug

LeeAnn -gorgeous ripple :manyheart I've never attempted quilting and I can't say that it is something I want to try either :think Thanks for reminding me about Stacy's soup, I have to go back and print the recipe off :yes

Joanne - Like you, I didn't really crochet for years after learning and wish I had :sigh The game was great!!!! And Mary's still coming on saturday :clap

See y'all later.

Hi all.

Still tired, doesn't look like that's going to let up anytime soon. Hopefully something will work itself out soon.

Leeann, what did you do with your "kiddo-free" time? Your ripple is gorgeous!!

Joanne, how fun that your co-worker took her nephew to work! Dh takes our girls every once in a while (when they're sick) and they always have such a blast!

Beth, I think self-striping yarn would be awesome on a ripple! How are things with Shrimp Boy?

Well, I've had this box open for more than an hour, it's probably time to send the message and move on to homework. :lol Have a great night!

Stacy- Love the pic you posted on FB! Did you get some sleep? And how's the homework coming along?

Beth- If it's Friday, it must be pizza night!! Did you get to all your cleaning yesterday? I know you didn't want to get ahead of yourself:lol A self-striping ripple sounds like it would be really neat!!

LeeAnn- Did you enjoy your child-less hours? I'll bet they flew by!

Marisa- Glad that Mary is coming- can't wait to meet her!

How's the rest of the group? Mary? Colleen? Sarah? LeaAnne?

Have a fantabulous Friday!

Top of the morning besties!

Marisa-TGIF for sure! Quilting is a different kind of craft/art that takes much patience and then still more patience. I tried it, but found it too tedious with lots and lots of steps. :lol What game are you going to see this weekend?

Joanne-that is great that you were able to pick up crocheting after a long time inbetween learning and really getting into it. I learned when I was 11-12 and then really picked it up when I was 17 and have been going full swing since then. I have stages where I am really addicted and then slow times when it takes me forever to finish a project. I love 3-5 year old stage! It's my favorite! How fun to spend time with a little one. I miss teaching preschool, I wish I could go back tomorrow. This new position is for a Head Teacher, she/he is over about 6 teachers making sure that paper work is filled out correctly, helping with lesson plans, family night, reviews and all kinds of fun things. I would like to give it a try since I have done almost everything in a headstart/preschool program except for management. I will not hear about the interviewing process until after April 11, but will be silently keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Stacy-ripples weren't always fun, my fist ripple was horrible, now that I know how to do them correctly, I can whiz right thru.

Beth-pizza right? yummy! Will shrimp boy be dropping in?

My time alone yesterday lasted about 30 minutes. enough time to start a simple shrug other than that, nothing too exciting. My family will be on Spring Break next week.:cheer:clap dh will be on vacation too! Oh what to do? where to go? We are planning a trip swimming, ceramics class and crafting.

off to get a few chores done. BBL!

hugs n squishes!

I had to chuckle at your post LeeAnn, I'm guessing you accidentally copied and pasted your reply a couple times in the same post? :think The sixers have a home game on sunday at noon and I think we're playing the kings. Can you please repost the link for your shrug? I'm looking for one to make my sister that would be a lightweight one to wear over a silky type dress. I did find one pattern that I like, but it says one size fits most :eek For a shrug, are you serious!!!! And it has long sleeves, how can one size really fit most :( Oh well, just have to keep looking :yes

Off to clean the turtles....

Goodness! What a crazy long post I had posted, thank you for telling me Marisa, whew! :yesI usually copy before I hit "submit reply" as I have lost lots of posts. Anyhow, here's the link, it says one size fist most, but I have made it before using thinner yarn and a smaller hook, it fit a small/medium. The one I am doing now is going to be a bit bigger, for me. I want it to me comfy and roomy. Hope that helps!:hug:hug

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90689AD.html?noImages=

hugs n squishssssseeeesssss!

Good morning!

LeeAnn- Enjoy your vacation time with DK's and DH!! Swimming, ceramics and crafting sound like fun things to do. Funny about that post- I often copy my posts too just in case they get lost in cyberspace or don't post- that way I don't have to retype them!! I had also printed out that shrug pattern for me- but first I think I may make the one I made for my DD. So many ideas, so little time!!!

Marisa- See you in a bit! Can't wait!

Beth- How was your Friday night- was shrimp boy over?

Thinking about all of you- and hope you ALL are doing well.

Hugs!

Good morning ladies :hi

thanks LeeAnn, I saved that link. The one I came across is a bit more fitted and doesn't give measurements :eek I may try it and see what happens though :think I really like the one your working on too, that would be more for me though, doesn't really fit the dress that my sister is looking to wear it with.

OK, off to finish up getting ready while waiting for Mary to get here to head out and meet up with Joanne and Judy :clap:yay Then we're going shopping to the Jersey Gardens mall :woo

See y'all later :hug

Morning friends!

Have a great meet up Joanne and Marisa! How fun!:clap:hug

Going to Kathi's this afternoon to get a few things figured out. I am going to be featured as an Artist during an Art Walk next month. So excited!

have a great day friends, BBL!

hugs n squishes!

:hi everybody,

Can't chat long -- I'm in the middle of making cupcakes for my twins' birthday party this evening. And I'm already tired. They are chocolate cupcakes filled with vanilla cream, frosted with chocolate butter cream, then decorated with yet another frosting.... :whew But my kids are worth it, and I really like all their friends, too!

Yesterday, I got yarn to make my hubby's flannelghan, redskin colors. I am using double crochet, because the hdc seemed too stiff. I'm making 12 inch squares, and I'm on the third one. It does go fast, but it is hard on the hands, too.

Well, back to frosting cupcakes...

:hug

Had a great time with Judy, Marisa and Mary today-the time just flew by! Then I followed Marisa and Mary to Jersey Gardens outlets to do some shopping. Marisa's friend also met us there. I got some good deals- but the best was a pair of jeans for 3.99! It was a great day! I left them to continue their shopping and came home and did some cleaning ( I know, not much fun, but didn't want it all left for tomorrow)

LeeAnn- That's great- being a featured artist!! My middle DD has her artwork in the Newark School of Arts. They are having an exhibit that features the works of more than two dozen artists from Newark and across the region. This is the second exhibit at Newark School of the Arts that focuses exclusively on the strengths and influence of female artists.

Beth- Those cupcakes sound delicious- and yes your twins are worth it. Is today their actual birthday? Your DH is going to LOVE his flannelghan!!!!!

Hope everyone had a nice Saturday- off to figure out dinner!!!

Good evening ladies :hi

I just got home not long ago from our meetup and shopping excursion :lol Joanne totally got the best deal of the day. I also bought a few things too :yes Mary did the most shopping....as always :lol She shops and I usually just hang out since I can't really be bothered LOOKING for stuff. For me....it needs to be out and displayed for me to see or I won't find it because I typically walk in and through the store, if something calls to me then I investigate further and if not, then I'm out and on to the next :lol

It wasn't very busy here today so I hope eveyone's being productive :hug

Catch y'all later

Good morning

Laundry is on and Easter decorations have been put out- very minimal decorating, but I have some beautiful eggs that my Mom had collected and I now have so I like to put them out- also the Chocolate Bunnies that are ceramic, but look like real chocolate that my Mom had bought for me to decorate with a gazillion years ago- there's a female rabbit, a male rabbit and 3 bunnies. It's nice to have a touch of my Mom in the house at this time of year.

Off to the store- hope everyone is well.!

Hello everybody!

:whew What a party!!! I'm so glad we had it at a bowling alley, not at my house, so cleanup was just throwing away paper products, and packing up the van and going home. My kids have the best friends. It was a wonderful time. Shrimp Boy has a brother with Downe's Syndrome, and he was invited, too. He had a great time telling people where to sit for pictures, and getting in the mix, too. His mom was thrilled -- he usually doesn't "do" social groups that well, but he was really interacting with everyone like a big boy. He's just TOOOooooo cute! :manyheart And even though all 3 of my kids are dating, they weren't exclusively focused on their honeys, so nobody felt left out. It was just nice.

Joanne and Marisa, your meetup sounds wonderful!!! And then shopping -- you know how to have a good time. I'm glad everyone is home safely.

LeeAnn, how exciting to be a featured artist. What type of art will you be entering? I wish I could be there to cheer you on. Will you share pics with us, please?

Stacy, Mary, Colleen, LeaAnne, and Sarah, I hope your weekend is going well.

It's cold and rainy today, but that's OK. I would like to stay home and concentrate on crocheting. I need to get an afghan done quickly for an elopement present for someone close to me. So romantic and exciting.

Good morning

Laundry is on and Easter decorations have been put out- very minimal decorating, but I have some beautiful eggs that my Mom had collected and I now have so I like to put them out- also the Chocolate Bunnies that are ceramic, but look like real chocolate that my Mom had bought for me to decorate with a gazillion years ago- there's a female rabbit, a male rabbit and 3 bunnies. It's nice to have a touch of my Mom in the house at this time of year.

Off to the store- hope everyone is well.!

Thanks for the easter reminder....I don't have much, just a tablecloth and some kitchen potholders/towels, but I guess it is time to put them out :think

Hello everybody!

:whew What a party!!! I'm so glad we had it at a bowling alley, not at my house, so cleanup was just throwing away paper products, and packing up the van and going home. My kids have the best friends. It was a wonderful time. Shrimp Boy has a brother with Downe's Syndrome, and he was invited, too. He had a great time telling people where to sit for pictures, and getting in the mix, too. His mom was thrilled -- he usually doesn't "do" social groups that well, but he was really interacting with everyone like a big boy. He's just TOOOooooo cute! :manyheart And even though all 3 of my kids are dating, they weren't exclusively focused on their honeys, so nobody felt left out. It was just nice.

Joanne and Marisa, your meetup sounds wonderful!!! And then shopping -- you know how to have a good time. I'm glad everyone is home safely.

LeeAnn, how exciting to be a featured artist. What type of art will you be entering? I wish I could be there to cheer you on. Will you share pics with us, please?

Stacy, Mary, Colleen, LeaAnne, and Sarah, I hope your weekend is going well.

It's cold and rainy today, but that's OK. I would like to stay home and concentrate on crocheting. I need to get an afghan done quickly for an elopement present for someone close to me. So romantic and exciting.

Glad to hear the party went well :clap:yay It's great that everyone had a good time 'together' and it didn't get cliquey, which is probably why shrimp boys bro did so well....everybody just accepted him with open arms and made him feel comfortable with the group :yes Your kids and friends sound great and well rounded....it's hard to find that in the younger ones these days....so great job with them :h5

Off to the sixers game.....bbl

Morning friends!

Beth-Happy Happy Late Birthday to your two wonderful kiddos! And Happy day to your third! Glad that you all had such a great time, :c9 bowling is so much fun with great peeps. Your kiddos do sound so well rounded and sweet.:D An elopement does sound "Romantico". Happy crocheting!

Joanne-I hadn't remembered to put up Easter dec. what was I thinking? Going to have to put that on my list, oh so happy that you had a great time yesterday with Marisa and Mary and shopping.

Marisa-I love to shop! But I have to be in the mood, sometimes I like to run in and other times I like to browse. Browsing is when I get into trouble. :devil Good luck at your sixers game!

Yesterday was nice, I did meet with Kathi-we discussed moving things around in the shop, I will have full rein of it now that she is gone. :P She is such a wonderful person, I always miss her terribly. Oh and stopped at my aunt's house to give her 3 bars of the Twilight Woods soap. Last time I had talked to her she said that it was her favorite fragrance, I had to order it. She loved it! She also bought some of the paint splattered soap and will be taking them to work to share with her employees. Awesomeness! And I made more soap...I am addicted! Bought a new 7 rose mold and just had to try it out. Only problem is, my camera is on the blink, time for a new one...but hopefully you can see some of the detail.

enough about me, going to sit and :hook, I think I am abut 3/4 done with the shrug, can't wait!

hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897643244_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897643246_thumb.jpg

Beautiful soaps LeeAnn!! You really are doing such a nice job on all your projects. Enjoy your day!!!

Marisa- Have fun at the game

Beth- Sounds like a wonderful party- I love bowling parties- my DD's had a few of them. Fun times, and like you say- just throw away the paper products and head home!! You should be very proud of your wonderful inventions! They are awesome kids! So I second Marisa's High- Five to you!!!!! Enjoy your crocheting for the elopement- How exciting!

Off to crochet for a while- started a RR yesterday at the meet up!

Hi all!

Beth, glad to hear your twins had such a fun-filled party! A bowling party sounds awesome. The cupcakes sound :drool. Yumm! Good luck on your elopement afghan.

Leeann, how nice that you have free reign of the store now. Your soaps are so pretty and they smell so yummy- I think you are so talented! :yay have fun with your new soap mold.

Joanne, :clap for a meetup and shopping trip with Marisa and Mary. You got a great deal on those jeans! That is awesome. Your Easter decorations sound perfect. :yes I feel bad that I haven't been much into decorating since living here. :( Maybe once we are back in our place I will do it more often.

Marisa, have fun at the Sixers game! :cheer

Dh and I went out for Thai food with some friends last night. By the time I got home and ready for bed, my throat felt so raw. :(:think This morning I woke up coughing and with a terribly sore throat. Thankfully MIL took the girls this weekend, so it has been fairly easy for me. Today dh and I have studied all day. I feel like I am ready for the midterms, but still have to finish my soc paper. It is due Tuesday morning before the midterm. :eek

Well I'd better scoot and do some more work. BBL! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Stacy- That was nice of your MIL to watch the girls so you and DH could study- you'll do fine on your mid-terms- and I didn't find Soc papers too difficult to do. At least you had some alone time! So how many more months till you are roomie free? Have you started looking for a new place or is it too soon for that? Good luck on your exams!!! And I hope you feel better- if it doesn't stop hurting- sounds like you may need to see a doc

I worked some more on the RR while watching the games this afternoon. Wow VCU is in the final four- and all the commentators were saying how they couldn't believe that they were chosen- that they weren't good enough! Well, let me say- they ARE good enough and have been playing their hearts out! Of course my bracket is totally done- as are alot of peoples- since the #1 and #2 teams are now out of the running!

I have to report for Jury Duty tomorrow- I was hoping when I checked tonight that my # would be one of those that was excused- but no such luck. Hopefully they don't confiscate my crochet hook!

Have a good night everyone!

Archived