Some good clean fun?!

Good evening ladies :hi

I had a full day today and am finally just getting back and settled in :eek

My sixers lost in OT to nobody's fault but their own....they made sooo many mistakes today :angry Well, then I ran to the mall quick to run in victoria's secret because I had 2 coupons for free panties and one expires tomorrow....can't pass that up. Then to the car wash. Came home and worked out, then showered, chopped up the lettuce I got at the grocery store earlier and now here I sit, getting ready to find a minute to knit a little before heading upstairs.

LeeAnn - I also have to be in the mood to shop, otherwise I just kinda walk around aimlessly :lol The soaps sound just wonderful!!!! I really like the candles on your site....I'm going to order a couple soon :D

Joanne - How's the rr coming? My bracket is now back in the running. Everyone in our group is now maxed out except 3 of us. I'm the only one with a pick to take it all still alive!!!! I have kent, so if they win even just the next round, I win because I'm the only one that has them. If uconn wins, the other 2 have them and one of them being my sister's bf...he would win first place :D So it's a win/win :lol We're all out on the other half of the bracket, so it's coming down to this game :bounce

OK ladies.....gotta dry up this lettuce and then I can knit a little bit :whew

Catch y'all in the AM

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening all!

Joanne-what color/s is your round ripple? I love ripples! I tried to understand your lingo about the brackets...I think I got it!:lol I was thinking of you yesterday, one of the molds that I bought is for a baby shoe-adorable! I am awaiting the baby powder scent, the shoes are going to be so sweet! Will share pics and such when I get them made up.

Marisa-how's the knitting coming along? I will be adding more tin candles to my site towards the end of this week and a few more products that I am working on. Can't wait!

Stacy-hope you feel better soon! That was awesome of your dearest mother in law to watch the kiddos so that you and dh could get some study time in. Good luck on your exams!

Beth-did you get to :hook?

Still plugging away on the shrug, I keep getting distracted by the soaps...I have all these ideas floating in my head, making it difficult to think of anything else.:lol Back to:hook

hugs n squishes! Have a great night friends!

Good morning. I need to get up and moving -- much to do!

This week will be rough. We have a ballet performance on Saturday. The ballet director wants me to come in every evening and sell tickets at the studio. this is the last week before my husband goes off on a 3 week trip. I would like to stay home with him. Today we volunteer with the kitties. I need to move around stuff we have stored in our utility room, so an inspector can get into the crawl space. I want to go to Michaels, and use a 25% off your entire order coupon. I need to go to a store or two for fun things. I tutor. And i need to work on that afghan.

I hope everyone has a great day! See you later,

:hug

Beth-:cheer Cheering you on to get through the busy, busy day!! Isn't it always the way that when you want to be home- you can't be? Knowing you, you'll get through it!

LeeAnn- Those baby bootie soaps sound too cute. I'm going to be making some washcloths so would totally love to buy some of the bootie soaps to go with them!! Let me know when they are available!!!

Stacy- Good luck with your mid-terms today!

Marisa- Did you get any :knit done? (Had to ask so I could use that smiley:lol)

Well, folks, off to get ready for a day spent at Jury Duty!

Good mornning ladies :coffee

I was up before my alarm, but just layed in bed until it was time to get up and the coffee was made :lol

LeeAnn and Joanne - I did do a little bit of knitting last night, just a few rows though before heading up to bed and reading a bit before turning in :yes

LeeAnn - WTG on your shrug, you'll have it done in no time....even with the soaps calling your name :lol

Beth - Good luck with your busy week, I hope it goes smoothly and I hope you find time to spend with dh in the middle of everything else :hug

Joanne - I hope jury duty goes well :xfin

Top of the morning friends!

Joanne-good luck with jury duty, hopefully it is not too extensive. I forgot to tell ya, but that is awesome that your daughter is featured as an artist! What kind of art does she do? Does she have a website? The baby washclothes would be perfect with the soaps! Excelent idea! I can't wait to make them up. :lol

Marisa-have a great day at work today, hopefully it is not too busy. I haven't read in awhile, still looking for a good sequel/series to get into. Any ideas?

Beth-hang in there! my gosh! You have a super duper busy day and week. I hope that you get to spend time with your dh inbetween all of your obligations. :hug

Stacy-are you feeling better?

Not much going on here, dh is home. We are all enjoying spending time with him. We are planning a drive in to town and maybe just maybe a picnic and bike ride at the park. If the wind will settle down.

BBL! Hugs n squishes!

Work was pretty slow today :( It seems like the day takes forever that way.

LeeAnn - have you read the girl who books? They were really good, although the first started S L O W.

Just a quick stop by as I'm anxious to get to the couch and still have some things to do first :yes

Evenin' All!

Just getting ready to :hookfor a few before heading to bed.

Marisa-so sorry that work was slow, I love when it goes by super fast! Means you can do other fun things with your day sooner. :lol I will look into the series that you mentioned. thank you!

finished the shrug, had dh take a pic but I think I will re-do it tomorrow. We had quite a scare today. Upon returning from running errands, we found a coyote in our yard. Ds noticed him as we were driving up.:eek:eek It was spooky! He was after our cats. The family searched for about 2 hours, slowly they all came home, poor dears, they were shaken up and shivering. Dd was crying, she was so worried. I am feeling uneasy as the coyote did not seem to be scared of us, he just stood and watched then slowly walked away turning back to stare at us often. I know that coyotes are more afraid of humans but this one sure was gusty.

night all! hugs n squishes!

Hi friends!!

Nothing new here- still coughing, still tired. I have just finished a paper and my printer broke. :angry It's brand-new!! I'm going to try turning it off and turning it on again, maybe that will reset the ink cartridge. Or something. :lol

I had my astro midterm today and I must say- I am impressed with how well I did. :yes I just hope I really did as well as I think I did. :P Tomorrow is my soc. midterm, Wednesday I am taking cupcakes to Mia's class for her birthday, my and Eva's schools are closed on Thursday for Cesar Chavez Day, and the public schools are closed on Friday. Just an overall eventful week. I am hoping to get in to the dr. sometime this week or next, to have my bloodwork done and hopefully figure out the reason for all of this tiredness.

Well, dh just came home with a late-night snack, so I'm going to scoot. I'll be back tomorrow with individual hellos!! Love you! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning!

Beth- I hope your day went ok yesterday and that you got everything done that needed getting done!!!

Stacy- How frustrating to have the brand new printer not work? Did turning it on/off reset it? WTG on the Astro exam- I'm sure you did great and will do just fine on the Sociology one too!!! I'm so proud of you!!!! Wow a day off for Cesar Chavez? That's pretty cool. Boston has an extra holiday too- not sure when- but they celebrate Patriots Day- all I know is DD likes the extra holiday thrown into the calendar. Try and get to the doc to have some bloodwork done- maybe you can call and he can order the bloodwork- then you can have it done and see him when you have the results. One less trip to the doc that way.

LeeAnn- A Coyote?:eek I'd have been freaking out! Do you have animal control where you live? Seems like that one is just a little too "gusty" for comfort! Glad that all your cats are ok! Can't wait to see a pic of your shrug!!!

Mary- How are you? How is your hand doing?

Colleen- What's going on in your neck of the woods? Are you starting to see signs of spring?

LeaAnne- Miss seeing you here. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods and that the job is continuing to go well.

Marisa- Hoping that today is a little busier than yesterday. I hate when days drag on!

Off to get ready for Paradise. I survived Jury Duty- and made a scarf (2/3 done) and a wash/dish cloth while I sat there yesterday. I ran out of yarn for the scarf and almost finished it last night. I want to make it long- otherwise it could technically be done!

Have a good one- and remember your vitamins!:hug

Good morning, everybody!

Joanne, you make jury duty sound nice -- getting lots of crocheting done. How does it work there? Are you done, or do you have to report more often? For us, you are assigned a 2 month period where you phone in once a week to see if they need you the next day. My hubby was chosen for the period while he'll be away at work, so we had to request a postponement. He knows he'll get jury duty when he comes home.

LeeAnn, Wow, a coyote! I hope he goes away and never comes back!!!

Stacy, I hope your printer started behaving. Maybe it needs a cup of coffee -- just pour it in there, see if that helps. :P I have a love/hate relationship with my printer. It worked perfectly for a couple of years, but lately, it jams constantly. It can take 20 minutes to get it to print. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the toner cartridge. So did you get your paper printed? When will you know about your grades?

Marisa, slow days at work are the worst. But you survived. Hopefully, today will be better for you.

Mary, Colleen, LeaAnne, Sarah, I hope you have a great Tuesday!

Well, today is the birthday of my twins. I need to run to the store, make a chocolate ice cream-filled roll cake for them, and do the chores they usually do, so they can have a day off. I also promised not to wake them up on purpose. (If I drop a pile of dishes and make a lot of noise and wake them up, that's different.)

I hope you all have a great day! :hug :hug :hug :hug :heart:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

I finished the left front panel of my sweater last night....now for the right side :clap I hope they turn out even :xfin

I woke up with a bit of a headache which I hope the caffeine works on :lol So I can get a good workout in this morning. Well, on that note....the coffee pot just finished brewing so I must go oblige the smell and get my first cup :D

LeeAnn - WOW, a coyote :eek I probably would've stayed in the car until he left or chose to go back out and hope he was gone when I got back :blush I'm a little scaredy cat!!!

Stacy - WTG on the astro midterm and I hope you do just as well today on the soc midterm. Did you get your printer working? And I like Joanne's idea about calling ahead to get the blood work ordered so that when you go you already have the results :yes

Joanne - Glad to hear that jury duty was so productive for you :wink

Beth - :bday to the twins

See y'all later

Good afternoon!

Lost my post, hoping I remember everything.

Stacy-Kudos to you dear friend! You are doing an amazing job! I hope that the doc can order your blood work asap so that you can find out what is wrong, so that you can fix it. :hug

Beth-Happy Birthday to your twins! May they have the bestest day ever! Maybe they can help you just a little bit, you don't want to overwork yourself.

Joanne-did you watch DWTS last night? I have to say, I am enjoying this season much better than the last few. Do you have to go back to jury duty?

Marisa-hoping that today goes by much faster than yesterday and that your right side of your sweater lines up. I bet it will!

So far no coyote today, we are on alert-keeping a close watch on the cats. Dd wanted to go outside to play today, but I swayed her into doing something else. She has been wanting to learn how to sew on the sewing machine, perfect opportunity. Together we have been going over the basics and safety. She is practicing sewing in lines. Then she wants to start squiggles. Here's a pic of her sewing away:manyheart and the shrug.

BBL! Hugs n extra squishes!

post-33271-135897643968_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897643971_thumb.jpg

Good morning and Happy Hump Day!

LeeAnn- What a great pic of your DD at the sewing machine!! And I love your shrug! What yarn did you use? I love the colorway!!!! Glad you didn't see the coyote again- and great idea diverting DD with a sewing lesson!!! Will you be doing any more fun things for the rest of their vacation? Maybe DD can make a small tote- or an apron or something along those lines.

Beth- Belated:birthday to the Twins! Did they enjoy the :cake ? That was nice giving them the day off for their birthday! :yes I was summoned for Petit Jury duty- which here in NJ means 1 day or 1 trial. You call in or go online after 5 the night before you are scheduled to report- and they list the numbers and higher of those that do not need to report. Of course, my number was lower than the "magic number" so I had to report. You spend the day there and they call groups of about 50 at a time to go up and be questioned and see if they are accepted for a trial. In my case, the group was called and then sent back down- and turns out the the judges cases that we were assigned to were settled without a trial. So, if you are not selected in a group or if you are not assigned to a trial, your jury duty is over and you've fulfilled your obligation. They can't summon you for jury duty for at least 3 years. If you get summoned for Grand Jury-you report one day a week for 18 weeks!

I think it's kind of funny how each state has different rules for Jury Duty- actually each county has different rules- my co-worker had Jury Duty in a neighboring county and she had to call in for two days - the first day she didn't have to report, but the 2nd day she did- they sent her home since she was still recovering from a cold.

Stacy- How did you do on the mid-terms? I bet you rocked them!!! Did you get an appointment with the doc or call to have him order some lab work?

Marisa- Hope you have a fun time at the Sixers game tonight! Wow- can't believe the season is winding down already and tomorrow is opening day for Baseball!! (at least it is for the Yankees)

Off to get ready for Hump Day in Paradise....and I'm going to post a link to an article my DD emailed me last night- looks like March may be going out like a lion here on the East

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weath...orm_2011-03-29

good morning ladies :coffee

I'm really not ready for morning yet :tired Nothing new to report here. I didn't start the right panel of my sweater last night and I guess it'll wait until tomorrow :think Sixers game tonight, only a handful left. I didn't get tix for the playoffs, just need to save money now so I have to pass :(

LeeAnn - Love the shrug :manyheart Looks similar to the pinwheel sweater (which I just happend to print off yesterday) and dd is just too precious, sewing was a great idea to keep her inside :yes

Joanne - My Phils start on friday :clap They play Pitt today and have tomorrow off. We play home and I think we're playing Houston :think I love how the sports just roll into each other and you don't really end up with any downtime :lol

I hope y'all have a great hump day and I'll see y'all tomorrow AM

Wow- no one here today! Hope you are all keeping busy and enjoying life!

Tomorrow is my last day on the Delta Force team- and I will definitely miss working with my co-workers on this project- but change is part of life- so next week after my trek to visit DD, I begin the next chapter in life- with my old dept in a new position!

Watching IDOL tonight- and each one is so good! I'm really enjoying it- and I love James- he rocked "Saturday Night" by Elton John!!

See you in the AM!

Hi all!

had just finished typing another post and it dissappeared again! grrr.

Anyhow, had a busy day, we drove up to Pueblo for a day filled with family, shopping and a great lunch.

will post to everyone tomorrow. Hugs n squishes all!

Good morning and Happy Opening Day of Baseball! Today is Opening Day for the Yankees- and it's supposed to rain so we'll see if they even get to play.

LeeAnn- it sounds like you and the fam had a wonderful day yesterday!!!

Marisa- Hope you had fun at the Sixers game last night.

Beth- In case I forget I just wanted to say "break a leg" to Amanda this weekend! How is the "elopement" afghan coming along?

Stacy- How are you feeling? Did you get to the doc for your cough and tiredness? I'll bet you are glad that your paper is done and midterms over! We're getting your favorite kind of weather- rain! I think of you whenever it rains now since I know how much you love it!

Idol was so good last night- I love Elton John songs and each contestant I thought did a good rendition of the song they selected to perform. So much talent is so much fun to see.

I will be heading in to work shortly- today is my "moving day" since I'm off tomorrow. I have to pack up my desk and move it to my new location at work. I have such mixed emotions since I really enjoyed working on the project and worked with some amazing people. But, it is onward and upward!

Hope that all are doing well- LeaAnne, Colleen, Mary, Sarah- how are you girls?

Good morning ladies :hi

My sixers won last night :clap:yay I worked on a square for the baby blanket. So, nothing new to report from my end. Work was busy yesterday, yet the day seemed to drag :think

Joanne - I hope your day goes well through all of the emotions of moving back to your old dept :hug Have a great weekend in Boston and be careful driving :yes

LeeAnn - Sorry you keep losing your posts :hug

All is not well here. My son had his heart broken yesterday. The girl was thinking about it for a while, but chose to do so after his birthday, but before he got too involved with prom preparations, so I guess it was thoughtful??? I hope this doesn't mess with my friendship with her mom -- we are IRL crochet buddies. Well, if any of my kids can find someone else, he can -- he's very handsome, strong, muscular, thoughtful, and a hard, willing worker. He'd be a great catch.

The twins had a very nice birthday -- thanks for all the wishes. Today we go shopping to spend all their money. My dd has a performance this weekend. I am at the point right now where I just want it over. My dh leaves on Monday for 3 weeks, and I'd like to spend some time with him, rather than at the studio selling tickets.

Joanne, I hope you enjoy your last day, but find your new position with your old department challenging, rewarding, and fulfilling. Enjoy your trip to Boston.

Marisa, your "Nothing new" sounds pretty good -- a win from your team, and progress on your project -- type of day that I enjoy.

LeeAnn, I hate it when the computer eats a post! I hope you had a great time in Pueblo. Family time is the best.

Stacy, are midterms over yet? When does your semester end? I hope things aren't too busy for you.

Mary, Colleen, LeaAnne, Sarah, Elizabeth, Vicki, Scooby, Shannon, I hope you are all well. Thinking of you guys!:hug

Morning, all!! My posts keep getting eaten, too! :angry Here is what I thought I posted last night- I got an error message repeatedly when I tried to post so I just closed the computer for the night. This morning, I pressed the back button several times, and the post was still there. :think Weird....

I finally have a few minutes to post. :whew Today is Mia's birthday and I feel like I've been on the move all day.

Leeann, I love your photos! How sweet that your dd wanted to learn to sew. Did she learn the zig-zags? And a coyote- how nerve-wracking!!! We saw some at dh's aunt's house one night, I went out to put some things in the car, and they were just hanging out in the driveway. They didn't seem afraid, either. :think:eek I hope you don't see them anymore!

Joanne, I read on FB that tomorrow is your last day with Delta Force! So sad, but I know that you will do well with your new position! :h5 Have you finished the blanket for dh's new grandbaby? How is your dd feeling these days?

Marisa, have fun at the Sixers game!

Beth, how sweet that you gave the twins the day off on their birthday. :yay Believe me, I'm at the point where I'd like to dump the whole pot of coffee on the printer, but that would be a waste of good coffee. :devil

Colleen, Mary, LeaAnne, Vicki, Shannon, Sarah- love and :hug:hug:hug!!!

This cold has turned into an irritating itchy-nose and non-stop cough sort. :angry I put a call in to the dr. and I have to actually go to the office first- the receptionist claimed that I don't have a primary dr., so I have to be seen before I go to the lab. :think Weird, since my insurance card even shows which dr. I have. Oh, well. Isabella seems to be getting some form of the crud too, although she's been playing in the backyard all afternoon and it's only dirt back there. So maybe some of hers is allergy-related. :think

Both mid-terms are over and I think I did really well on both! :clap My history class has an exam, too, but not until next week- she was kind enough to schedule it so we could study for our other ones and not have to worry about that one, too. :yes

Well, I think the birthday girl is waiting to open gifts and have M&M ice cream sandwiches, so I better run! Good night, besties!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Now for today- :lol

Beth, how sad for your son! :( It was nice of her to wait until after his birthday :think I think...but I hope he doesn't feel like she was stringing him along. :hug:hug:hug to him. And to you. I hope it doesn't tamper your friendship with the mom.

Joanne, good luck with moving day. Will any of your Delta Force friends work in the same department as you? Be careful in the rain! I read that the NE states are going to get hit with another snowstorm- will you be "enjoying" any of that white stuff? Or is rain the worst you will get?

Isabella went to bed coughing last night. :( Not good. I hope it doesn't get worse. Of course I just don't want her to be sick, but...I am off today and had huge plans to clean out their bedroom. :blush There is no way that will get done if she stays home. Plus, if she stays home and Eva is home (our school is closed today) then surely Mia will want to stay, too. Hmmm...:think we'll see how she feels when she wakes up.

I'm off to take a shower! Love and cyber-hugs (the best kind, since you won't catch my cold! :lol) Make it great, besties!!

Good Morning!

Finally, I can post-whew!

Joanne-good luck today, so sorry that you have to move back to another dept. Hopefully things will have changed some and workout for you.:hug But this weekend will be fun! What will you be doing in Beantown?

Marisa-maybe it's just a slow week? So glad that your team won! WTG!:hug Any big plans for the weekend?

Beth-bummer about your ds's breakup. that is the pits, is he feeling ok with it? Hope that this does not hurt your friendship. Hope you get to spend time with your dh before he leaves. :hugHave you had time to :hook?

Stacy-happy Late Birthday to your dd! woohhoooo! Did all three girls get to stay home? Great job on your midterms!

Before I forget, the shrug was made in Lion Brand Homespun in Fiesta. It drapes quite a bit, I only used 3 1/2 skiens, but think I should have used 3 since it drapes so much. It sure is comfy. I wore it yesterday.:manyheart

We were able to find a set of luggage at JCPenny's yesterday. :clap Now I am ready for my nephew's graduation.

My new products came in, hopefully I can play and get a few new items made up.

The kiddos did have a great time yesterday, we have been playing card games too, they love it! Oh and dd made a small backpack while sewing. Ds had made one in school, it was super easy-two rectangles with a pull string. I will take pics to share.

best get my chores done, with the family home I hope we can get them all done quickly so that we can play.

hugs n squishes dear friends!

Good evening ladies :hi

Home from work and only one more day to go for the week :clap Unless your Joanne, then you have a long weekend and are off tomorrow :yes

Getting ready to watch idol from last night and then tonight. Work was quick today and busy.

Beth - Sorry to head about your son's broken heart :hug :hug It's hard, but he'll spring back :yes

Stacy - :bday Mia.....glad to hear your midterms went well :clap

LeeAnn - No plans yet for the weekend. Sixer game tomorrow night and planning to watch college basketball on saturday. I do need to clean and do laundry. Also trying to figure out when I'm going back up to my parents again, since it's been a while now :think Plus, I need my hair colored too :sigh

Off I go, bbl

Leeann, sounds like your family is having lots of fun crafting and game-playing! Your shrug is beautiful- is that the one from the LB website?

Oh my goodness, I am melting over here! The "forecast" was only supposed to be in the upper 70's today, but the weather tower by the school says 93!!! :eek:eek:eek That is way too hot- I would take Joanne's rain anyday. :yes

I did send the girls to school today- Isabella remembered that her class was having a birthday party for their TA, and immediately she was all better. :lol I let them ride their bikes, since I didn't have to drive Eva to school. Mia was so excited. And I did get to clean their room- 3 hours later, I took 2 bags of donations to the drop box and 4 bags of trash/broken toys/recyclables to the curb!! :eek:eek:eek It's really no wonder they were so overwhelmed when i told them to clean- I was overwhelmed just figuring out where to start. And I truly don't think they've noticed much is missing. :shrug

Anyway...time to see about dinner. I'm thinking breakfast- yumm! :hug:hug:hug

Hi all,

Today was a bittersweet day- and I worked till 6:15- everything is moved except for my computer and phone which the IT dept will do tomorrow. That's the "official" move day for the team, but I'm off!:clap

No one is going back to my dept but me:( I will miss my co-workers who I got to know pretty well and we all got along so well and worked as a team- which doesn't always happen. But, all good things come to an end and I'm glad that I took a few days off in between "jobs"!:)

Stacy- Hope that you got to do what you planned on doing today. They are forecasting 2-4 inches now for Boston- so I think we'll be ok- I'm going to wait until the morning to see what it is actually doing- from NJ - CT- MA- the trek I take!

LeeAnn- We don't have any set plans for Beantown this weekend- whatever my DD's want to do is fine by me- the ony thing I know for sure is dinner tomorrow night is at a Thai restaurant- that is what my youngest wants - and the place we go to up there has some very good Thai food- of course I always get the same thing- Pad Thai!

Beth-:hug for your DS! I sure hope it doesn't interfere with your friendship- it really shouldn't. It's always hard when your kids experience heartache- it's a mother's nature to want to make it "all better". I don't blame you for wanting to spend some time with DH before his trip!

Marisa- Yup- I've got a nice long weekend- dont' return to Paradise until Wednesday! And I can really use the break- and get my mind wrapped around returning to my former department- but I won't think about that until Tuesday night:lol

Off to eat and watch Idol- and I see it's already 8:15:eek

Night all

Archived