Some good clean fun?!

Hey ladies :hi

Just got home a short while ago and work went fairly quickly today although it wasn't very busy :think I did have my regular monday paperwork though :yes

Joanne - I hope you made it home safely :hug

LeeAnn - Maybe dh has enough elbow grease to get the soaps out :think:rofl Sorry, but I can't believe they actually said that to you :eek maybe if you call back, you'll get a different person :think Oh, and thanks for the dwts reminder

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI all,

I'm home safe and sound- we had rain through Hartford CT so it made traveling a little slower than I would have liked, but then we had just clouds and then sunshine 70 degree weather when we reached NJ!!!

I dropped DD off- and we had lunch then came home, unpacked, ran to the grocery store and doing laundry!

LeeAnn- We had to come home today because my DD has work tomorrow- she was off Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon- she's a nurse in the OR and works 3 twelve hr shifts. Tomorrow I'll treat myself to a pedicure! For the washcloths I just did sc/dc in every other stitch for two of them. The other two I don't even remember what I did- and they are upstairs right now.

Thanks for the reminder about DWTS- I'll be watching the Yankees too- so flipping back and forth- and hooking in between

Marisa- Glad you had a good day- Pointy sticks again tonight?

Have a good night EVERYONE-

Good morning!

Tried to stay in a bed a while longer, but to no avail- I'm wide awake so may as well get the day started.

Thanks for the reminder about comfortghan squares, Marisa- I had promised a couple and with all the crocheting for babies- I completely forgot:eek. So I think I'll make a few today on my day off!

LeeAnn- Sorry to hear about the new mold- and I can't believe what the customer service rep told you! I saw the egg soaps on FB- and they are adorable!!! You have such cute things that you've been making!

Beth- I've been meaning to ask- how is the elopement project coming along?

We are under a severe thunderstorm watch now, so I think I'll shut off the laptop and go enjoy a cup of coffee. See you all later!

Good morning ladies :coffee

I'm definitely not awake yet, but getting there. Having my cup o joe and then will be heading upstairs for my workout :yes

Joanne - I think we got our storm overnight, not sure if we're supposed to get more during the day or not. But, I'm pretty sure it hailed and that I head it during the night :think Glad to remind you about the comfortghan squares :wink

Hello! It's 9:45 am, and it's already been a doozy of a day!!!

I have been working on the elopment project. It increases up to row 101, says steady for 10 rows, then starts decreasing. I'm up to row 74. It's taking longer and longer to get through each row.

I am doing OK without my hubby so far, but it's been super busy, and I haven't had much time to think about it. Plus, yesterday I engaged in some serious retail/yarn therapy. Our Ben Franklin is going out of business (for the second time, strangely enough) and all yarn is 30% off. They have the best prices in town on their RHSS normally, so I really stocked up -- two huge afghans worth -- and bought 3 balls of James C. Brett Marble chunky yarn. It comes in 7 oz. skeins. I hope one is enough for a shrug -- I started one yesterday. We'll see.

Today my dd and I volunteered with the kitties, since I had to take dh to the airport yesterday, and couldn't make my time. We walked in, and the store manager greeted us with "Boy, am I glad to see you!" Seems someone dumped a kitten in front of the store yesterday. The poor boy had been out in the rain all night. Poor little guy. He is such a snuggle kitty. I'd love to keep him, but I know I can't. :sigh

Speaking of pets, I need to take my pup to the vet, so I'll talk to you all later,

:hug :hug :hug and squishes.

Morning!

Joanne-glad that you have the day off and can sit, sip a cup of Jo and :hook. Life is good! Hope the storm passes quickly. We have had the strangest weather. Sunday it was extremely windy, broke the gate off our fence, then it rained and was windy then it snowed and was sunny. :think Yesterday it was calm and sunny. I just don't know:lol

Marisa-have a great day! Could you block your square?

Beth-awww that little kitten just sounds soo sweet! How lucky the vet's office is to have you and your dd. Yippeeee for new yarn! Awesome! Yesterday, I was just telling dh about your Ben Franklin's going out of bus. he laughed and I think silently thanked his lucky stars that we do not live close. :devil

Stacy-how is your week going?

Dh was finally able to get the soap out of the mold, but I will def. not be using it again. It was too hard, hurts my wrists. Must save wrist power for crocheting.

will post pics of the last project in a few, must get my tush in gear and get the last of the laundry started.

BBL! hugs n squishes!

Hello! It's 9:45 am, and it's already been a doozy of a day!!!

I have been working on the elopment project. It increases up to row 101, says steady for 10 rows, then starts decreasing. I'm up to row 74. It's taking longer and longer to get through each row.

I am doing OK without my hubby so far, but it's been super busy, and I haven't had much time to think about it. Plus, yesterday I engaged in some serious retail/yarn therapy. Our Ben Franklin is going out of business (for the second time, strangely enough) and all yarn is 30% off. They have the best prices in town on their RHSS normally, so I really stocked up -- two huge afghans worth -- and bought 3 balls of James C. Brett Marble chunky yarn. It comes in 7 oz. skeins. I hope one is enough for a shrug -- I started one yesterday. We'll see.

Today my dd and I volunteered with the kitties, since I had to take dh to the airport yesterday, and couldn't make my time. We walked in, and the store manager greeted us with "Boy, am I glad to see you!" Seems someone dumped a kitten in front of the store yesterday. The poor boy had been out in the rain all night. Poor little guy. He is such a snuggle kitty. I'd love to keep him, but I know I can't. :sigh

Speaking of pets, I need to take my pup to the vet, so I'll talk to you all later,

:hug :hug :hug and squishes.

Nice haul on the yarn, Beth! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist!:devil (I wouldn't either:lol) What colors are you going to make the afghans that you bought the yarn for? And the shrug?

Hope all goes well at the vet today!

LeeAnn- It is nice to be home during the week! Too bad, the weather doesn't want to cooperate- it is raining hard out there now. I did run to the library earlier to return some books and got caught in a downpour! But I'm home, dried off and just getting ready to eat lunch and then hook some more- working on some squares for a comfortghan.

Hi all!

Not much time to chat- I just dropped in to say we are all doing well over here. I got an 87% on my astro midterm and a 97% on the history one I took a few weeks back. Will see in about an hour how I did on the soc. one. I'm a little disappointed with the astro one, but I stopped by the prof's office yesterday and he gave me some tips on how to correct it- we get a week to correct them, and whatever we get the next time, we can keep half of the points (so if I turn it in and he says I got 100% this time, then I get to keep 6.5 of those 13 points I made up. If that makes sense. I guess it's actually the average of the two. LoL)

Be back later to catch up! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good afternoon all!

Joanne-a nice day of relaxing sounds perfect! Yippee! Did you get your pedi?

Beth-how did the rest of your day go?

Stacy-you did well on your midterms! WTG!

I finally finished the new ghan, am enclosing pics and also sharing the last soap project. 3 Sweet Peas in a pod. Other than that, just picked up the kiddos from school. They are getting back into the groove of things. We are all super excited, no homework!

now that I finished all of my projects, what to do next? hmmm:think

hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897646131_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897646135_thumb.jpg

LeeAnn- Love the peas in a pod- you are very creative! And the blanket is great- I have one of those on my hooks for step grandson- in addition to the RR for my grandson- and today I made squares to send off to someone who requested them for a comfort'ghan and then made a few more baby washcloths. Tonight I started a beach tote - project is posted on the Combo Challenge thread. I think I'm getting Crochet ADD!!! I used to always finish one project before starting another- and now I've got three projects going at once!

Stacy- Congrats on the midterm grades!!! You are doing awesome!!! I know how difficult it is to be raising 3 DD's AND going to school!!! You should be PROUD of yourself!!!! Three cheers and more to you!!!!

Marisa- Hope you had a good day at work- ....and did you vote for Hines Ward? I'm sure your Mom texted you a few times to remind you!:lol

Beth- I had never seen the James C Brett yarn before so I had to look it up- nice looking yarn- what colors did you get?

Yankees are on so See you in the AM!

Good to be home and work was busy again. Tomorrow the other doc is off so I'll be running crazy :lol Getting ready to watch some tv and do something, knit or crochet....probably go do a different square :think AND the sixers are playing now as well as the phillies.....such decisions :think

Beth - Glad to hear your keeping busy :yes How did the vet appt go?

LeeAnn - Great soaps, love the pod :manyheart I thought about blocking the square and probably would if it was for me, but for someone else and I'm not sure it'll work because it's that wavy, I'd rather start over than keep going.

Joanne - I sure did vot, my mom even sent me Hines' specific number!!!!

Stacy - Glad to hear you did so well on your midterms :yes:h5

Catch y'all later

Good morning!

Marisa- I hope your day isn't TOO crazy being the only doc there! Have fun at the game tonight!

hope you have a wonderful Wednesday- I just looked at the time and can't post any more individuals- but I'm thinking about you and wishing you all a great day!

I have my hair appointment after work, so may not be back again until later tonight or tomorrow morning!

Hugs to all!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

My sixers and phillies both lost yesterday, so not a good day in sports here :( Tonight is a home sixer game against the Knicks which should be a good game :think I should be able to finish this 9th square for the baby blanket at the game. Then to border the last 3 of them and sew together :D

Joanne - It sure will be crazy today because it's wednesday, which are always the worst :eek AND I have another doc coming in to do EMG testing this afternoon. Mary's always a big help to me when the other doc is out because she's is a certified medical asst so she's able to help set up the therapies :yes That's was she prefers doing anyway, she's really not very fond of being the receptionist, it just worked out that way for her :shrug

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll catch y'all tomorrow morning

top of the mornin'!

How's everyone today?

Joanne-hope you have a fantastic day in paradise! I used to have more than one project going as far as crocheting goes, then became a little stressed with that. I still have 1 wip that I can think of, but have finished all of the others.:eek scary, I tell ya. I did start a doll dress last night, but didn't get ver far on it, going to work on it more this afternoon.

Marisa-hoping today isn't too stessful with the other doc being gone. :hug Glad that Mary can help.

Beth-:hughave a great day!

Not much going on here, did get an Etsy order! :clap:cheerworking on putting that together so that I can mail it out tomorrow. The kiddos have Early Release today, :D:D guess I had better get my cleaning out of the way so that I can play this afternoon.

hugs n squishes!

Hi all,

Grays are all gone and hair trimmed. Good for another 6 weeks!

Had a good day back to my old department- a little overwhelming- and exciting at the same time- kind of like the first day at a new job!! But it's good and I'm being given time to re-acclimate myself and get caught up on what's new in the past almost 2 years that I was out of the department.

Congrats on the Etsy order LeeAnn!!! Having a few projects going at once is kind of stressing me out too- but I'll just pick up what I'm in the mood to work on- and eventually they'll all get done!

Stacy- Thinking of you- did you get your Soc mid term grade back?

I just saw on FB that our Mary has finished 45 sweaters with a goal of 60 to be done by June!! Amazing!!!!

Beth- Hope you had a good day

Marisa- Hope your Wednesday went well and that you are having fun at the game! It's probably almost over by now. I watched IDOL and it was amazing. It is really hard to say who should go home- I don't think ANY of them should!!!

Off for the night!!! Hugs to all

My sixers lost last night :( It was a close game in the end, but had they not made so many mistakes in the beginning, it would've been theirs :shrug On the upside the Phillies won :clap

Beth - Hope your day went well :hug

LeeAnn - :yay for the etsy order....I am going to order some candles, just haven't gotten there yet but do love the easter addition to your site :yes

Joanne - I'm going up my parents this weekend and going to have my hair colored too, I'm overdue :lol Glad work went well with the new/old dept and I'll watch both idol's tonight :yes

Good morning!

Joanne, so glad you had a good day back at the new/old job. I'm sure it's quite an adjustment.

Marisa, Sorry your team lost. It's kind of frustrating when you watch them lose when you know they could win, if things just went a little bit differently.

LeeAnn, congrats on your Etsy sale. You're taking off!!! It may take some time, but your products are adorable, and very high quality, and quite affordable. You should do great.

Stacy, what are you and the wee ones up to these days? How is school? Do you get a bit of a break after midterms, or do things just keep on going? When do you redo your astronomy exam?

I am not getting much done. I am so burned out on my sister's afghan, that I'm going to try to make myself a shrug today with that pattern Joanne used for her dd. I need to get the window in my bedroom reglazed while my hubby is gone, and today is a beautiful day to do it, but I just don't feel like it. Where's a good :kick when you need one?

I hope your day is awesome!!! :hug :hug :hug:yarn

Morning!

Joanne-glad that your fist day back was swell. :hug It can be scary changing positions, I have to re-ajust myself for big changes.

Beth-I have lots to do today and am procrastinating, a teeny tiny bit, but will motivate myself soon. :hug

Marisa-so sorry that your team lost, that is a bummer. :hug

Dh just called, two more orders for the Peas in a pod! :cheer:clap I am so excited! I also had a request for popsicle soaps, I had bought the molds and was not going to make them until the summer, but will make this small batch and see how they do. The scent is Neapolitan, will share pics as soon I can get all the layers done.

best get my tush in gear! BBL!

hugs n extra squishes!

I decided to go get my pedicure tonight after work since I didn't go on Tuesday as planned thanks to the rainy, yucky weather. It was heavenly!!!

Wonderful news LeeAnn on the peas in the pod order!!! You have such cute things that you are making. Be patient and I'm confident it should take off!

Marisa- Hope you had a good day and sorry about the Sixers! Idol was so good last night- i really am enjoying all of the singers- I can't say that one of them shouldn't be there!!

Beth- So, did you get the re-glazing done on the window? That's a job I wouldn't even know how to begin to do- so color me impressed!!!! The shrug I made for DD was pretty easy- I still want to make one for me- but other wips are calling my name first!

Colleen- How's life in Canada these days? Are you still babysitting and volunteering? Hows DD?

Mary- WTG on the sweater making! Wow 46 of them made already for the next show!! Kudos to you!

Stacy- Hope everyone is healthy - including you. Did you ever get your blood work done? Maybe it's just the lack of coffee that you gave up for Lent

LeaAnne- How's things with the chickens? Are any of the girls playing softball? Is Pete going to play baseball? How's the flower arranging going?

Off to watch Idol results - but first, need to get comfy!

Work was not fun today and I found myself being a party pooper all day :eek I find that now I've made my decision that I'm leaving, my patience has become pretty short now :( Oh well, just gotta push through. However, I do need to spend more time doing office searching and all that jazz so will be trying to spend a little less time here in the evenings for a while. Since I decided against that office my sister went to check out, I'm back to trying to find some office space :sigh It's difficult doing it all over the computer, so I think I'm going to ask my sister tomorrow about a reputable real estate company that deals with commercial property :think

LeeAnn - I'm sure the popsicle soaps will be awesome!!!!

Joanne - :yay for the pedicure!!!

Marisa-

Oh, bummer that you had a rough day at work! I think that may be a good idea to look into a reputable realtor that can help you with your search! And no worries about not being "here"- you need to take care of what needs to be taken care of......although part of me (the selfish part) doesn't want you to move to Pittsburgh! But I know it will be what makes you happy- so carry on, my friend and good luck with the search!!!!:hug:hug:hug

Hi all!

Joanne-that is awsomeness that you were able to get a pedi today. :cheer I am too ticklish to ever get one, I would probably be squirming like crazy. :D

Today has been a busy day, cleaned bathrooms, swept, mopped, vaccuumed and made all the soaps for orders...whew! Still waiting for the popsicle soap to harden up so that I can pop it out of the mold...keeping my fingers crossed that all of the colors blended beautifully.

off to clean up my craft corner, it's not too bad, but I can't stand to see the mess.

night all! hugs n squishes!

Archived