Some good clean fun?!

Marisa-so sorry that you had a not so good day. Hugs and extra squissssshhhhheeeesss! Not to worry about not being on the computer much, like Joanne said take care of what you have to take care of. We will be here cheering you on!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!

Joanne, sounds like you had a wonderful time in Boston! :clap:clap:clap But of course you did, since you spent time with your girls. My mom always says she doesn't care if we just sit around and watch movies when she's here- she's just happy to spend time with us. :D

Leeann, WTG on your soaps, girl! You are on a roll! :cheer:cheer The peas in the pod are so adorable! I can't wait to see the Popsicle ones. Cute!

Marisa, :hug:hug:hug to you. Change is never easy, but it will be totally worth it, I'm sure! Good luck finding an office. Have fun at your parents' house this weekend.

Beth, how do you even re-glaze a window? :think I don't think I've ever heard of that. How is your ds doing? (The one whose g/f broke up with him.) Have things changed between you and your friend? Sorry to hear that dh is gone for so long. You're always so busy- I hope the time will fly by. :hug:hug:hug

So, I got a B on my soc. midterm, an A on the essay, and an A on the paper. :yay Not too thrilled with the B, but the prof said that the essay is like extra credit, in that at the end of the semester, if we are close to another grade (like right on the edge of an A) he will use that grade to bump up the final grade. Why do all of these professors make grading so difficult? :think:lol My astro. midterm corrections are due Monday, but I chatted with the instructor again and it seems that I am on the right track to getting the rest of my missed points. :clap

I went to the doctor today, actually. She sent me for blood work, but basically said she thinks I could be anemic (thanks to Stupid George) and that I have asthma. Well, I had it when I was younger but she thinks it's flaring up again. Not sure why...:think She prescribed a rescue inhaler :yuck and said if I use the entire canister in one month, then I need to go back for an everyday one in addition to this one. Gosh, I hope it doesn't get that bad! :eek

Well, I'm going to scoot. I have another soc. class that starts on Sunday and have a bunch of reading for it. Love and hugs all around! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Quick good morning and Happy Friday!

Stacy- I am so proud of you!!! :clap:hug WTG on the Sociology midterm and essays!!!!:clap Hoping that the asthma flare isn't too bad - and wouldn't be surprised if you are a little anemic since you have been saying how tired you are- (of course- raising three daughters AND going to school would make anyone tired :yes) We have a good time whenever we visit Boston-and yup- I don't care what we do- actually none of do- it's the time just spent hanging out with each other that is so special:manyheart

LeeAnn- Can't wait to see how the popsicle soaps turned out! You are just so creative!

Beth- I was wondering how your DS was doing- and glad that Stacy remembered to ask- Are you still on for pizza friday- and how is shrimp boy doing?

Marisa- Wishing you a much better Friday than your Thursday was!!!! Have a great time at your parents this weekend and you'll feel better after your hair color is done ( somehow it always makes me feel better)

Thinking of LeaAnne since this weekend is the Yankees/ Red Sox 1st series of the year. My DD is actually going to be at the game Sunday night!

Off to get ready for Paradise (and you know- I could really dig working 3 days/week- too bad that's not in the cards for now)

Good morning ladies :hi

I did a whole lot of searching last night and feel like nothing came of it :( Oh well, gotta keep looking, sometimes it's hard to find what your looking for on the internet :think I have a sixer game tonight and then am heading up to my parents after :yay I haven't been home in about 6 weeks :eek So am excited, and then I'll be home again in 2 weeks for easter :yes

Joanne - Well, the way the bosox are starting the season, the yankees shouldn't have anything to worry about :no And the color usually makes me feel better too :wink

LeeAnn - I am very ticklish as well, so when I go for a pedicure I tell them NO massaging my feet or legs :eek They always get thrown off and look a little lost because they don't know what to do then, but I just like to get my toenails done and that's that :lol

Stacy - great job with your midterms, papers, and essays....you're doing amazing :yay And I was thinking anemia myself, but of course you need the blood work to be sure. Are you taking iron supplements now?

Have a great friday everyone and I'll be back tomorrow sometime :yes

Good morning!

Lots to do, so I have to get started early. Today I am going on a field trip to an automotive museum with Mia's class- we will see the Batman car and a few others from movies.

Joanne, I just noticed in your siggy that you are a bag lady!!! How exciting! Congratulations! I had to go over to the thread and find the big reveal, too. LoL Thank goodness you postponed your trip to Boston. :lol

Marisa, have a safe trip! I'm not taking iron right now, but I have been anemic in the past (usually during pregnancy) and I have taken them. I told dh I was just going to take them anyway but he thought I should have the bloodwork just to be sure. :wink

I must run! Happy Friday, all! :hug:hug:hug

:hugMorning!!!

I'm late getting on here, been running like a chicken.:lol

Marisa-hoping that today flies by and is much better! Have a safe trip to your parents house.:hug

Joanne-3 day weeks would be wonderful! I miss working, but am glad that I have had the opportunity to stay home too.

Stacy-iron pills do help quite a bit, but they were hard on my tummy, I hope that they help and you feel more energized.

finished wrapping up the popsicle soap, here's a pic, what do you all think?

back to folding laundry. BBL! Hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897646937_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897646941_thumb.jpg

Good evening. I didn't get on-line this morning. My hubby took my laptop, and the pc is in the room where my son sleeps, so I hate to get on in the morning, don't want to wake the little(?) guy.

My son is dealing OK with the breakup. He isn't happy by any means, but he's not letting it get him down. He's staying busy, having fun with friends, and taking advantage of being single. Like when he went to watch his sister's ballet performance, he checked out ALL the girls, like a teenaged boy should.

I'm hating my husband being away. The kids are hating it, too, because I'm cranky. :devil

We did pizza tonight. Shrimp boy is currently out with my dd and both her big brothers (talk about pressure to behave well.) My oldest son took them all out for ice cream for doing him a favor. My oldest son's assistant manager quit -- today was his last day -- so now my son has a lot more responsibility. I am confident that he can handle it.

My dd is very happy her performance is over, and wants a break from dance. Unfortunately, the next performance is just a month and half away, so she's staying busy.

Stacy, congrats on your midterm grades. You are doing a wonderful job. I'm glad you went to the doc. I hope the asthma is just a flare-up and you'll be back to your normal healthy self soon.

Marisa, have a safe trip to your parents. I hope you have good weekend.

Joanne, what will you do this weekend? Doesn't it seem strange to have another one so quickly after your long weekend?

LeeAnn, Can't wait to see your next project!!! You always have something fun going on.

Now that I doddled enough, I need to get back to my crochet, which I've been neglecting. :hug for everyone!

:hugMorning!!!

I'm late getting on here, been running like a chicken.:lol

Marisa-hoping that today flies by and is much better! Have a safe trip to your parents house.:hug

Joanne-3 day weeks would be wonderful! I miss working, but am glad that I have had the opportunity to stay home too.

Stacy-iron pills do help quite a bit, but they were hard on my tummy, I hope that they help and you feel more energized.

finished wrapping up the popsicle soap, here's a pic, what do you all think?

back to folding laundry. BBL! Hugs n squishes!

Didn't see this before I posted. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

It's the weekend! And yes, Beth- this weekend came really quick since I just had a long one last weekend! It feels great! Glad to hear that DS is dealing ok! There are many fish in the sea! And when it's right- he'll catch another one! My oldest is still single- and not actively looking- she figures if it happens it does, and if not- she is happy with her life!

LeeAnn- Those popsicles are soooooo cute!!!! LOVE THEM!!!!!!

Stacy- I think your DH is right on this one- you should have the bloodwork first, before starting to take iron! (I guess men are allowed to be right sometimes!) Hope you had fun at the museum today- sounds pretty cool! The tote is so pretty and is even lovelier in person than the pics show. I love it!!!

Marisa- Have fun at the game and at your parents. Wow I can't believe it's six wks already- seems like just the other day you were heading up there! Safe travels tonight!!!!

Off to get something for dinner- have a wonderful evening.

hi all!

popping in for a quick bestie fix.

Beth-I hope that the time flies by for you, so that dh can be back sooner. It must be difficult without him. Glad that your ds is keeping busy and not feeling down. Your dd is a busy gal, does she dance in the summer months?

Joanne-Happy weekend! What will you do with yourself?

Marisa-hope you made it to your parents house ok.

After school I picked up the kiddos and drove to the in-laws, dropped them off, :lol ds has been such a grouch, I know the teenage years are rough but sometimes I feel at my wits end...We are going to a gun show tomorrow in Pueblo. Dh planned it at the last minute, I am glad that he did all of the planning, I just had to pack for the kiddos and run them 45 miles away. But maybe that is what ds needs, time away from mom.:think

going to sit and relax, no crocheting for me, giving my wrists a break, but I miss it! night all! hugs!

Good morning!

Marisa- Enjoy your weekend at the parents and glad to read that your weekend started off on a good note- Your Sixers won!!

LeeAnn- Enjoy your time with DH today- and you are probably right- about DS needing a break from Mom! Just as we sometimes need a break from our kiddos, I think they benefit as much with a break from us! The teenage years are always challenging! Only plans this weekend are out with DD and her MIL early this afternoon. I have to spend some time working on my nursing CEU's since my license is due for renewal- and you have to have 30 CEU's done. Of course, I have procrastinated- and I was reminded when the renewal form came in the mail:eek

Beth- You've almost made it through week one! Any plans to meet up with IRL crochet buddies? How are your crochet students doing?

Stacy- Hope this weekend finds you well- and that you had fun yesterday at the automobile museum! Do you have any projects to work on this weekend (either school/crochet?)

Off to grab another cup of coffee and start my Saturday cleaning ritual.

Have a wonderful day!

Hello one and all!

Marisa, have a safe and fun trip.

LeeAnn, have a fun day. Will you enjoy the gun show, or is that mostly for the others? As far as ds and grouchiness, it doesn't last forever. Just remember that, before you strangle him.

Joanne, enjoy your weekend. I imagine you already have your housecleaning all done. I skpiped my planned meeting with my IRL buddies this week -- feeling a bit too down for it, and not really sure how I'd be around the mom of the girl who broke my son's heart. She's a nice lady, and I need to be sure I won't be surly before I spend time with her. She didn't do anything wrong -- neither did her daughter, actually. My crochet students meet the next two Fridays. I got to crochet with one of them briefly at the bowling alley. She is making a ski mask for her brother.

Stacy, How was the car museum? that sonds like fun. I'd like that one. What do you have planned this weekend? When is school over for you?

I'm going to lay out all my new yarn, and snap some photos for you, since I never answered Joanne's questions about what colors I got. :blush I feel like playing with it, rather than working on the afghan. :devil

HI all!

Back again! The gun show was ok. Did a lot of walking, like 2 hours there and two hours shopping...whew! Dh was looking for a particular kind of gun but did not find what he was looking for. Poor guy, he was bummed. We went to Sams and picked up a few groceries and of course bought yarn at the thrift shop that was close to Sally's, needed to buy mother in-law shampoo so we hopped in to the thrift store and found a few bags of yarn for inexpensive. So had my yarn fix and feel great!

Beth-oooohhhh laaaa laaaaa! Love the yarn! Thank you so much for sharing, the colors are awesome! I adore all of them!

Joanne-I am positive that you got all of your cleaning done and are crocheting away, am I right?

Marisa-did you make it to your parents house ok?

Stacy-how has your weekend been?

started another ghan, couldn't help it, a road trip means you have time to hook away...I know I should have waited. Using RH Melonberry, what delicious yarn!

Hope you are all doing well! hugs n squishes!

HI all,

Beth- Love all the yarn colors you selected!!! Nice haul there! I think you are right that you should be in a good mood when meeting up with DS's ex's mother- she didn't do anything- and I really hope it doesn't affect your friendship!

LeeAnn- Sorry to hear that DH was bummed that they didn't have what he was looking for. But YAY for you finding some yarn at the thrift store. The only thrift store around here is Goodwill and I've never found any- but my DD did get me some yarn at a thrift store by her- she got it for my last birthday. I'm thinking I should make something for her out of it- it's pinks and browns- some brands I never heard of- looks like RH, but a different name- I can't remember what it is right now.

What afghan pattern did you start? And yes, I made another washcloth- but after doing my cleaning, met up with DD and her MIL and we went to finish her registry. She is just too cute in her pregnant status! Came home then went for a walk and then DH and i went out for dinner and then browsed around Home Goods- and I found a nice wicker basket with a lid to put some of my yarn!!!

Off to hook for a bit before calling it a night!

Have a good one!

Hey ladies :hi

I turned on the comuter this morning to check in and we've been busy all day. Mom colored my hair and we had bfast, then I went to the neighbors and got my toenails painted. Me and mom ran out doing some shopping and then I assembled my baby blanket while she got dinner ready. Ate nad went to visit my uncle in the hospital, then over to sit with my aunt a bit so am now back home. We're going to watch a movie and I'll start the border for the baby blanket :D

LeeAnn - the popsicle soaps are awesome :manyheart

Beth - great yarn haul :yay

My dad found this show Thrillbillies on Fueltv :rofl Hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta go check in to the our house thread.

¯`·´¯)...............。☆。*。☆。

`·.,(¯`·´¯)..........★。\|/。★

(¯`·´¯).·´(¯`·´¯)...♥ Good Morning ♥

..` ·.·´(¯`·´¯).....★。/|\。★

......`·.,(¯`·´¯)........。☆。¯`·´¯)...............。☆。*。☆。

Hope everyone has a great day- Since I didn't get to it yesterday, I MUST do my CEU's today- so off I go to take care of that , and then I can finally RELAX!

Afternoon!

Good luck on your CEU Joanne! Dh has to do some too.

finished cleaning from top to bottom as they say...whew! Going to jump in the shower as the kiddos will be here soon. BBL~!

hugs n squishes!

CEU's are all completed !!! In NJ you have to complete 30 CEU's to renew your license every two years. Glad that is done!!! I got the 2 loads of laundry done too! Going out in a bit to meet up with DD at Target since she wants to do a baby registry there too.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Hi all,

It's allergy season here, and I'm feeling like my head is stuffed with cotton, and that's after two kinds of medication for it. Oh well. I love the area I live in, just not the pollen.

Joanne, :cheer:yay:hug:clapfor finishing your CEU's!!! I had no doubt you'd get them done. I take it it's something that can be done on-line? And hooray for baby registering. It must be emotional to watch your daughter go through a pregnancy. I'm very happy for you both!

LeeAnn, do we get to see pics of your haul? I still haven't played with my yarn much, just the one ball of marble. I haven't made anything -- can't find a pattern that feel RIGHT. I'm sorry your dh didn't find what he was looking for. I hope it comes to him soon.

Marisa, Ohh lah lah, toes and hair all purtied up... I'll bet you look AWESOME! I hope you are enjoying your weekend with family. How is your uncle?

See you all tomorrow!

:hug :hug :hug :hug

Beth- It is VERY emotional seeing my DD pregnant- especially now that she is really showing- No doubt at all that she is pregnant!!!! WE had fun setting up her registry there and I just had to buy this cute little outfit- DD fell in love with it and wants him to wear it for Thanksgiving- it's a plaid shirt and vest with khaki pants that have bulldogs embroidered on them! Too Cute!!!! (and perfect since they have their bulldog Belle) She was also able to buy a maternity bathing suit (on clearance no less)!!

And yes, you can do the CEU's online (thank goodness) We also have some in-services during the year at work but the most you get is 1 or 2 CEU's so it's good that you can do them online!!

Miss seeing posts from Colleen, Shannon, Vicki, Mary, and LeaAnne but I've seen posts on FB so at least I know they are alive and kicking:lol

LeeAnn- How are things with DS now that he had some time away? Did they have a good time? Hope you are having a nice afternoon!

Marisa- you should be home in a bit- and I thought I wonder if Marisa gets her car washed on Sunday's when she is home visiting? I know, a silly to think about, but I did!

Stacy- How's everything in Cali? DD went to TJ's the other day and she bought me home some dark chocolate covered raisins!!! She remembered that I said how I love them and she knew that I had mentioned that they don't always have them in stock! I asked her if she got me some Joe's Dark and she said, no I didn't even think about it- probably because she is not drinking coffee during her pregnancy! Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Off to finally pick up the hook and I think I'll work on the blanket for stepdaughter's baby!

Evenin' all!

Beth-thank you for asking about the yarn haul. I will take pics in the morning, I do love petting yarn, isn't that just silly? So sorry to hear that your allergies are acting up, is there anything else that you can do? :hug:hug I have an allergy to pollen too, makes me feel like I am catching a cold. Ds has severe allergies and has been sneezing, coughing and wheezing. Poor guy. My mother in-law has had a terrble sinus headache for about two weeks now, the dr. doesn't know what else to give her to help alleviate her pain. Can you talk to your dh while he is away?

Joanne-your little outfit sounds adorable! How sweet! you are such a wonderful mom! WTG getting all of your CEU work done! yippee! the ghan I started is from an old Mainstays yarn, Light and Lacy, I love that pattern! works up like a dream!

Ds came home and is feeling much better, the in-laws help so much. They spent time with him, especially my father in-law-he had him out in the garage and took him out driving. he is teaching ds the beginning basics of driving. Cristopher came home and apologized, we chatted. It was good, I know that I am an over protective mommy, have to let my kiddos grow up, but it is difficult.

the Art Walk is Saturday the 16th, oh my! I am excited, and can't wait to get set up all of my products. I have a stock pile of goodies to take and will begin on Wednesday the process of hauling everything over and cleaning and re-organizing.

Have a great Monday morning since ya all will get on here before me. Hugs n squishes!

Good Morning and welcome to another Monday!!

LeeAnn- How exciting that the Art Walk is already almost here! I sure wish I lived closer so I could come and ooh and ahh!!! Have fun getting ready for it!!! I was happy to read that DS is doing better- how nice that he apologized and that you had a nice chat! It's hard not to be overprotective- We all want the best for our children! It's a mama's instincts!

Beth- hope you had a good day yesterday- and if memory serves today is a busy day for you! At least if you are busy the time with DH away will go by quicker.

Mary- I saw on FB that you are absolutely cranking out sweaters like an assembly line! I'm more than impressed!

Marisa- Welcome back to reality- have a good day at work today!

Off to get ready for Paradise- have a wonderful Monday

Good morning ladies :coffee

I surely did not sleep very well last night :( Tossed and turned. Anyhow, I did have a wonderful weekend and very much enjoy heading up to my parents. It's almost like nothing matters when you go there :think:lol

Beth - my uncle has been in and out of the hospital for about 5 months now and has yet to get a diagnosis :think I think they are doing an endioscope and bone scan today so we'll see what comes of those. My aunt says he's showing signs similar to those of my nanny before she got really sick and passed away about 2 1/2 years ago, who also never got a diagnosis :shrug So, only time will tell :xfin

Joanne - I usually go to the car wash when I get back from my parents, however, I didn't yesterday :eek I had so much to do and even then I didn't finish until about 10 so the time really just wasn't there :no WTG getting your CEU's :yay

LeeAnn- glad to hear that ds is feeling a bit better :hug

Sixers game tonight, so will be back in the morning :hug

Archived