a_stitchintime

Some good clean fun?!

Leeann, sounds like your family is having lots of fun crafting and game-playing! Your shrug is beautiful- is that the one from the LB website?

Oh my goodness, I am melting over here! The "forecast" was only supposed to be in the upper 70's today, but the weather tower by the school says 93!!! :eek:eek:eek That is way too hot- I would take Joanne's rain anyday. :yes

I did send the girls to school today- Isabella remembered that her class was having a birthday party for their TA, and immediately she was all better. :lol I let them ride their bikes, since I didn't have to drive Eva to school. Mia was so excited. And I did get to clean their room- 3 hours later, I took 2 bags of donations to the drop box and 4 bags of trash/broken toys/recyclables to the curb!! :eek:eek:eek It's really no wonder they were so overwhelmed when i told them to clean- I was overwhelmed just figuring out where to start. And I truly don't think they've noticed much is missing. :shrug

Anyway...time to see about dinner. I'm thinking breakfast- yumm! :hug:hug:hug

:clap for getting so much done!!! And breakfast sounds yummy- that's what I'm going to go make for myself right now- thanks for the GREAT idea!!!:hug

Hi all!

Been busy crafting up a storm! making lots of new soaps, can't wait for a Tada moment!

Joanne-have fun watching Idol, I have never watched it, but I have heard that this season is the best!

Marisa-hair coloring is the pits, I do mine myself and moan and groan about it everytime.:lol

Stacy-wow! you did get lots done today! Yes, the pattern is from Lion Brand, so easy and fast!

here's a pic of the baby shoe soaps with the Baby Powder scent...ohhh sooo sweet! I will add them as well as a pink set to my Etsy tomorrow, but wanted to share with all of you besties!

back to my new candle making. Hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897644719_thumb.jpg

Joanne, enjoy your very long weekend! I hope you have a lot of fun in Beantown.

LeeAnn, the baby bootie soap is so cute!!! Of course, I have a thing for baby shoes, might start collecting them when I'm older and can claim to be eccentric, rather than insane... How old is that? What are the new candle goodies you are playing with?

Stacy, congrats on the great midterms!!! You are amazing! I couldn't juggle school, 3 kids, crafting, and housekeeping, but you are doing all of very well.

Today is stacked up to be one of those days that feels Sooooooo good when it's finally over! I dropped my hubby at work, because his car is in the shop. Hopefully, it will be done early enough that my son who can drive can take me to the garage when it's ready, before he has to go teach swimming. I tutor in there somewhere, then pick up my husband at 2:30. He works for the largest civilian employer in Virginia. Can you imagine what traffic is like at the gate? I am not looking forward to it. Then I rush three kids to the ballet studio to help load up the stuff we need for the production, and they (and my oldest who should meet us there) will help lay the floor and set up. Gotta go back home, feed the girl, and go back, make sure the floor hasn't stretched, get the girl back there for rehearsal at 6, and stay until I get to take her (and the ballet mistress) home. I think there will be general collapsing at that point.

Tomorrow is just a rehearsal and the performance, then loading up everything and hauling it back. Easy Peasey Lemon Squeezy.

Good morning ladies :hi

I started the right panel of my sweater last night while watching Idol. Then I read a bit before bed. I didn't sleep very well, but don't feel too bad now....I guess it might hit me later though :think Woke up and my coffee was not waiting for me :( I hope this is not an indication to how my day will be :xfin

Stacy - WTG getting the girls room cleaned up and out :clap

Joanne - Have a wonderful LONG weekend and enjoy your trip :hug

LeeAnn - Love the bootie soap :manyheart

Beth - Remember to breath throughout the day please :yes I sure hope it all goes smoothly for you :xfin

I'll see y'all tomorrow, I won't be back later because I have a sixer game tonight.

Good morning and Happy April Fool's Day!

What a surprise to not be the first one posting- I slept until 7- I was more tired than I actually thought I was I suppose! Not sure what the plans are for today- it's gray, overcast- and the weather reports for parts of CT and Mass are for snow (and ice pellets) so not sure if we'll trek up today or early tomorrow- I'll check in with my DD's later on. In the meantime, I have laundry on , coffee in hand, and need to get the oil changed in my car.

LeeAnn- The baby bootie soap is soooo cute!!! Love them. You have been on such a creative journey- so talented with all the things you are making!

Beth- Sounds like a busy busy day for you and I agree with Marisa- remember to BREATHE! I hope all the set up goes well for the ballet performance and I'm sure all the work you put into it will be so worth it when you see your star ballerina doing her thing!!!

Marisa- Have fun at the game- I'm sure with the excitement at the game, you'll be wide awake and take comfort in the fact that tomorrow is Sleep in Saturday!!!

Hope that you have a fun April Fool's Day= I'm sure those of you with younger ones, will enjoy playing some "April fools' jokes" on you!

We have decided to postpone the trip until tomorrow morning- leave at 5AM and we'll be in Boston by 10 and then go out to breakfast and decide what we'll do the rest of the day. It is snowing/sleeting in Boston now - they have 2-3 inches on the ground with another 2-3 predicted. Even if the roads aren't too bad- it will definitely make for a longer trip- and we don't meet up with DD until 6-6:30 anyway by the time she gets out of work and meets us where we pick her up.

Instead, youngest DD and I are going to go to Babies R Us and look at the things she and DH have chosen and start her baby registry- so it will be a fun day despite the "winter weather" in April!!!

Here's a pic of the baby RR in progress and a pic of my "jury duty" scarf!

post-27163-135897644851_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897644854_thumb.jpg

Evenin' all!

Joanne-the rr is beauuutiful! Great work! I love love love the colors! The scarf is fantastic as well! How was your shopping outing with your dd? Did the snow stop or at least clear up?:hug

Beth-my gosh! you have another super busy day planned. I hope that your inventions help you lots so that you do not feel overwhelmed.:hug

Marisa-good luck to your team tonight!

not much going on here, working away on more soaps. Still need to put the new soaps on my Etsy shop, but have a few more items to add. I am kinda worried because I haven't had any more on-line sales, but I will def. be taking some of these products to the Art Walk and will hope and pray that they sell there. Oh and made about 6 candles-I bought these cute little tins to put them in, but of course my printer is not working correctly so I can not make the labels until I get more ink. :D Here's a sneak peak at the Espresso, Coffee Mocha, and Vanilla soaps.

hope everyone is doing well. BBL!

post-33271-135897644928_thumb.jpg

Hi all!

I am too tired to think tonight. Last night we ended up in the ER because dh had a flare-up of the diverticulitis. We got home around 4 this morning, then had to be up at 8 to move our cars for the street cleaner, and Mia's ENT appt. Long story short- she will be having a formal hearing test and a sleep study, because the dr. said chances are if she snores, she has sleep apnea.

Joanne, have a safe trip tomorrow. :hug:hug

Leeann, your soaps are so cute!! Especially the baby booties. :manyheart

I'm off to give the girls showers and then go to bed. Love and hugs!

Good morning- quick stop in to wish everyone a good Saturday before I pack up the laptop and head out the door for Beantown!!!

The baby booties are just too cute LeeAnn- and the coffee, mocha and espresso soaps- very nice! I see an order coming your way soon.

Stacy- Hope DH and Mia will both be ok. Have you checked out YOUR tiredness and cough.

Just looked at the time and I've got to pack up and head out.

Hugs to all!

I s hould have listened to Joanne and Stacy -- I should know my besties wouuldn't steer me in the wrong direction. I'm fairly new to this coffee drinking thing, and never did much experimentation, but I have avoided the dark roasts, thinking they would be very bitter, and hard to stomach... well, I broke down and got some this time, and :c9 It is SOOOO good. It's not TJ's, which i will definitely try later, but I'm not afraid of the dark any more!

Joanne, safe travels. I hope your trip is fun. I love that you and your girls get together to do things. Tell me all about the baby shopping. Your afghan is beautiful, and your scarf turned out really well.

LeeAnn, Love your new soaps. I don't think you can top those baby booties, but your most recent soaps look delicious. I hope your etsy sales pick up soon.

Stacy, I hope everybody in your family is feeling better. How did the ENT visit go? Hearing loss isn't funny. I hope it's something that's fixable.

Marisa, did your day go better than you expected, when you didn't have your coffee ready in the morning? I sure hope so.

Elizabeth, thinking of you and your family. I hope the baby is healthy, and you are well.

Mary, I am definitely thinking of you. I'm using the corner to corner afghan pattern you introduced to me so long ago. It's growing, not as quickly as if you were making it, but it is coming along, and I can't wait to share pictures!!! Is spring springing in God's country yet?

Colleen, Is your daughter still swimming? How is she progressing? How is school going for her? Do you still babysit?

LeaAnne, how is work going? Are you avoiding bringing home yarn instead of a paycheck? That would be my downfall. How are your chickens? What sports are they playing this time of year? Has baseball season started up there yet?

Sarah, what is Keith up to these days? Did he make it up that tree yet? Did you finish the second seashell picture? How is the room you painted, did you finish decorating?

Today I need to run to the grocery store, drop off my contributions for the concession stand for the swim meet we aren't attending, haul my daughter to practice, bring our contributions for the ballet company's concessions, get all purtied up, (wish me luck on that one!) and sell tickets, help tear down the set, and haul things back to the studio, then we'll all go out to eat. And it will be early enough to enjoy my hubby's company the second-to-last day before he goes away for 3 weeks.

At least tomorrow should be fairly calm and simple.

Good morning ladies :hi

My sixers won last night which secured their playoff spot :clap:yay Went this morning for an oil change and am now about to go workout :yes Already did my ball exercises, now time for cardio and then some weights.

Joanne - I hope your having an uneventful trip and you should be in beantown any minute now. I was up at 7:56 this morning, so a little sleeping in but not much :lol Did you have fun with the baby registry? The scarf is beautiful and I love the rr :manyheart

LeeAnn - Your soaps are great!!!! Did you make up some business cards for yourself, if not you should and start passing them out to everyone you see or meet and leave them with the tip at the restaurant, etc. Put your website on it and that you make specialty soaps and candles and even that you could do custom orders with a certain amount of advance notice. Those baby bootie soaps and these new mocha soaps would make great baby or bridal shower parting gifts :think Just some ideas :shrug

Stacy - sorry to hear about dh's diverticulitis flaring up...did he have any seed items? Very likely the culprit :hug And I hope Mia's testing goes well :xfin:hug

Beth - I love all kinds of coffee :yes:lol AND I drink mine black too :eek My friday actually was a pretty good day, so the coffee pot not starting was the worst of it :lol I hope your day goes well and you get to spend with dh tonight and tomorrow before he leaves :xfin

bbl

Top of the morning!

Beth-ooh laaa laaaa! Dark coffee is delicious! I was scared of it too, dh prefers lighter coffee as it gives him heartburn and makes his tummy hurt, but it is good huh? you have another busy, eventful day. Dinner out with the family before dh heads out is fantastic! I made an afghan using the corner to corner pattern, I loved it! what color/s are you using?

Stacy-is dh feeling better? Do you feel better rested? I saw on FB that the Toothfairy visited, I love it! :manyheart Have you had time to :hook?

Marisa-you are up and about early. :lol Thank you for all the tips and pointers, I need them!:hug I did make up business cards and have been handing them out, but I need to get out there more. :yes I have my family handing them out too. Going to send some to my sister's and have them pass them around. Did you get your workout in? You are so motivated.

Joanne-have a safe and wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear about all the juicy details!

Colleen, Mary and Elizabeth-hope all is well!

Made up another batch of soap with dd's help last night, these ones look like cool waves with the scent of Cool Water-dh's favorite! Will add them to the shop sometime today.

going to sit and :hook I started a baby ghan using Pound of Love baby blue and the Hooded pattern. So far, it's working up fast. I might have an order for it, but not positive.

hugs n squishes dear friends!

Hey LeeAnn, you are always busy, busy, busy :yes Sounds like you're on your way, but just remember it does take time :sigh I just finished showering and now have laundry in. I have to keep myself motivated to work out so I can keep eating the junk I love :devil:blush:lol I do try to eat healthier for the most part, but I also don't deny myself anything either :think

hi all!

just popping in to see how everyone is doing.

Beth-hoping tonight is fabulous! Bet your dd is excited!

Marisa-did you get to work on your sweater?

Joanne-how was dinner at the Thai resteraunt?

Stacy-how's it going? is dh feeling better?

off to get some hook time in, been making candles and cleaning and and and and.

hugs n squishes!

Good morning from sunny Boston!

We had a nice day yesterday- went to Harvard Square and walked around - went to the used bookstore and we each got a book- I got a crochet book! We then went to a local store that features all handmade items and I bought my grandson to be a pewter fork/spoon set. We watched the Yankee game and had the Thai food delivered and it was delicious!!! It was a nice relaxing day.

The only thing planned for today so far is brunch at 11 at a local restaurant right around the corner!!

Beth- How was the ballet performance? I hope you enjoy your Sunday and that you get to spend some time with DH before he leaves on his trip!!!

Stacy- How are you all feeling?

Marisa- Congrats on the Sixers making it to the playoffs. After the Yankee game, we watched the NJ Devils game- and they are now officially out of hockey playoffs. First time in a long time- but they really did turn their season around after they brought back Jacques Lemieux as coach. Hope he doesn't "retire" again, because it was obvious that he brings out the best in all the players~

LeeAnn- Just hang in there- it takes time! Your work is beautiful!!! Hope you enjoy a nice last day of "vacation" before the kiddos return to school.

Off to get some "dark" coffee!!!!!

Have a fab day!

LeeAnn, according to a newspaper article, the darker the coffee, the easier it is on the stomach, because it has something in it to counter the acids -- it has to be dark roast, though, not just really strong medium or light roast. You have a great product. It takes a new business time to build up clients. Once you take off, you'll do great. I love my candle and my moisturizer bar.

Joanne, Enjoy your beautiful time in Boston. It looks like an amazing day here in Hampton. I have some dark coffee percolating now -- maybe I'll come to life after I actually drink some.

Marisa, congrats on your team making it to the playoffs. I hope you enjoy the extended season!

Stacy, I hope you are getting some rest this weekend, so you'll be back to yourself soon. Is your dh feeling any better? When does Mia get her further tests?

The dancers did a beautiful job yesterday. There were so many technical difficulties, and the people in charge did some very stupid things, but the actual dance part was great. We also had a jazz combo play a couple of interludes during the performance. For some reason, the instructor decided to leave the curtain open when they set up (both times.) Very odd. I think she wanted the little kids to know what was going on. And there were some very long, awkward pauses. It simply was not put together well. But the choreography, the costumes, and the dancers were all excellent. My dd's boyfriend was blown away. My family (except oldest ds who was at work) and his girlfriend and my dd's boyfriend went to a restaurant after, then to Ben Franklin's which is closing, so all yarn is 30% off. I didn't buy any, but I'm seriously thinking about it....

Top of the morning!

Beth-glad that Saturday is over for ya and that you can spend today with DH. Thank you for the info on the coffee, now I must must must go out and buy some.:devil:lol I have never been to a Ben Franklin's before, but discounted yarn would be hard to pass up, you did well my friend. :D My stash has grown so much it's a little difficult to keep under control. I keep telling myself, "no more yarn!" and then it just pops right into my cart...I tell ya, that yarn has a mind of it's own.:yes Enjoy your day!

Joanne-your Saturday sounded like :c9, how neat that you found a crochet book! have any of the patterns caught your eye? the pewter baby spoon:c9:c9 how gushy!

Marisa-wow! your team is doing super well, are you still in the bracket?:think

Stacy-how ya doing?

Thank you all for the encouragement regarading my small bus. I sure needed a good talking to. :lol Today we are heading to the in-laws for lunch and a visit. All of us are dragging today, we have been on vacation mode...getting up early is going to be difficult tomorrow.

The kiddos have enjoyed their vacation. Friday they spent the day at my great aunt's house, think I forgot to mention that, yesterday they ran a few errands with us and crafted. Dd is making yo yo's like crazy, she wants to cover the front of her little backpack with them. :lol best get my tush in gear.

BBL! hugs n squishes!

Hey ladies :hi

I just realized I haven't been in here all day to post :eek I got a lot done today though :yes

LeeAnn - my team for the bracket lost last night by 1 point, so my sister's bf won :clap The finals are still tomorrow night, but for our pool everybody's #1 team lost already so the final standings are up :shrug

Well, have things to do here on the computer so I'll chat later

Just a pop in to say hi and let you know it was another wonderful day in sunny, blue skies Boston!!! Getting ready to eat some homemade ice cream- coffee chip!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! I can't believe it's almost over already!

HI all!

quick pop in. Had an excellenteeeeee time at the in-laws. Have an order for two sets of the baby booties and 2 sets of washclothes, been crocheting up a storm. Made one washcloth and almost finished the baby ghan.

Other than that, nothing new. The kiddos are bummed that they are going back to school, me too! I will miss them terribly.

back to the hook and yarn! hugs n squishes!

Good morning,

Today's the day I drop dh off at the airport, see him in 3 weeks. :cry I already miss him, and he's still here. I will be so busy, though, the time should fly by.

Joanne, enjoy your vacation.

LeeAnn, I know what you mean about missing your children. When does summer vacation start there?

Stacy, how is school going? How is your hubby? What are the girls up to?

Marisa, I hope your Monday goes quickly.

Have a good one! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning ladies :coffee

I finished the sweater panel yesterday :yay I think the sleeves are up next, not sure if I'll work on that tonight or the baby blanket I have going :think We'll see what later brings :lol

Joanne - Glad to hear the weather is turning out nice for you :clap I hope you had some homemade ice cream for me :drool:wink

LeeAnn - :yay for getting some orders. Glad to hear you had a great time with the IL's

Beth - Well, here's hoping that the next 3 weeks just fly right by :yes:xfin

I'll be back after work tonight, have a great monday everyone

Hi there everyone!

Oh, Beth- I sure hope the 3 weeks fly by for you- at least if your busy it should- and thank goodness you still have your 3 inventions at home with you! Safe travels to Robert!

LeeAnn- that's wonderful that you got some orders for the baby booties and washcloths!! I made 4 washcloths and 4 coffee cup cozy's while I was here! Hope your DK's have a good day back at school- and that you have a good day at home- you have so much crafting going on to keep you busy that I'm sure they'll be home before you can blink an eye!

Marisa- Can't wait to see your new sweater- I love the colorway that you are using! Have a good day at work!

Stacy- How was Mia's party? I saw your pics on FB- so cute!!! How are you doing? Did you get an appointment for you? Going to stop at the Bux before we begin the drive- and I'll have one for you- only a few more weeks and Lent will be over and you can have some too!

We'll be heading out around 8:45- and driving in cloudy, chance of rain weather- but I'm so glad that the sun was shining all weekend while we were here. The coffee chip ice cream was delicious!!! Nothing like homemade ice cream- and now my youngest DD wants an ice cream maker!

Have a great Monday- and see you all later!

Evenin' all!

Joanne-did you have to drive back today? Your trip sounded just :c9 and homemade ice cream? Delicious! Yummy! Good luck tomorrow!:hug

Marisa-how was your day?:hug

Stacy-what's a happenin?:hug

Beth-did you get dh off? you doing ok?:hug

Today was busy, just like Joanne said. :lol Had to catch up on laundry and a few chores and of course, I crafted! Made a few egg soaps and tried out one of my new molds. The new mold was frustrating, can't get the soap out of the mold. Called the company and they said, "put a little bit of elbow grease into taking it out." can you believe that? I started laughing...too funny, but on a serious note, they would not exhange the mold, so now I'm stuck with a mold that will not release the soap....grrr...dh said that he will try to get the soap out, it is for a new idea. Will share pics of it if/when I can get it put together. Will also be adding a few more goodies to the site as this will be that last few items for the sale.

guess I had better get to cooking. Don't forget DWTS tonight! oh and finished the washclothes, Joanne do you use a pattern for yours?

hugs n extra squishes!