Some good clean fun?!

Good morning! The cats at the pet store have been cleaned, loved, and exercised. One was rather snappish, and gave us a tough time, but I'd be cranky, too, if I were stuck in a cage with a window next to an adorable but overly active little boy... We've made a grocery store haul, and stopped at the local farmer's market, that just opened last week. Fresh cucumbers for breakfast!!! Well, maybe it isn't normal, but it feels SO right!

I am past the 1/2 way mark on the elopment afghan, and I'm so tired of it!!! i already decided to make it smaller, and I'm glad. I am hoping I won't need to go buy more yarn to finish it, at this point. My oldest son's coworker left Friday, so my son is now in charge of opening in the morning, so he got up at 4 a.m. Poor baby. Good practice for when he's a nurse, and has to work odd shifts.

Marisa, sorry your uncle can't get diagnosed. It's horrible not knowing. I'm glad you had a good trip. there's something about going home. Oh, and congratulations on our 10000th post for Some Good Clean Fun?!

LeeAnn, the art walk is right around the corner! What fun for you!!! I hope you'll take lots of pictures when you get things set up.

Joanne, the baby outfit sounds very sweet, and it's cute that she wants to put him in it for Thanksgiving. Is she 5 or 6 months already?

Well, I really want to finish this stripe on the afghan this morning, so I'd best go. Have a Bestie-rific day!!!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all,

Had a very very busy day in Paradise and didn't get out till close to 6- there was a new employee who started and my manager got called out of work on a family emergency so I had to step in with the new employee- which left some of my work that needed to get done on the backburner for a good part of the day- I wanted to finish one particular thing before I left.

Beth- DD is 5 mos pregnant already! Time is just flying by- and of course the blanket isn't- I've been enjoying just making some washcloths- easy, fast, instant gratification! So I totally get the "getting tired of doing it syndrome". Your DS will do fine and it is good experience for his nursing days ahead of him!

Marisa- Glad you had a good time at your parents and that you aren't too tired at the game tonight

LeeAnn- Did you get some of your things packed up for the Art Walk? I remember those days of wanting to get on the computer and one of my DD's needed it. I'm glad I have my own computer now!!

Well, off to heat up the leftovers and relax a bit before calling it a night!

See you in the AM

Hey ladies :hi

Just dropping by to check in. My sixers lost last night :( Not sure they knew there was a game :rofl My uncle had the endioscope yesterday which showed nothing and I think they are planning a bone scan for today :think

I finished my baby blanket and I really like the way it turned out :manyheart

Beth - WOW, 10000......I didn't even realize :lol:yay

Joanne - I was exhausted at the game, I think I only managed a round or 2 of the sqaure I was working on :eek

Overall, I slept better last night and could have used for some sleeping in, but got up to workout and am still sitting here an hour later :think To my defense I went and finished up my taxes and filled in the forms on the computer to print off and be nice and neat instead of hand written. So that's printed, labeled, and ready to go. Will drop it off at the post office on my way to work :yes

Here's a pic of the baby blanket, sorry the lighting isn't great.

post-36814-135897648579_thumb.jpg

Morning!

It really is morning right???? Could have used a few more hours sleep too.

Joanne-I can't believe that your dd is almost 5 months along! wow! Time sure does fly by fast! You had a super long day, hopefully today will not be as long. WTG getting a row done before a day in paradise.

Beth-the kittens sound soo loved! How was your ds's day? I get stuck on certain projects too, some patterns seem to take forever. Good luck!

Marisa-so sorry to hear that your team lost, bummer! The baby ghan is beeee beeee beeeeuuuutiful! I just love it! The border is awesome too! Fantastic crocheting!

Yesterday I put everything together in a pile that I am taking/needing to the art walk, today, need to make more lotion bars, 2 more sets of baby bootie soaps and put the peas in a pod together...and labels..then tomorrow I will go clean the shop, it is dusty and Thursday I will set up. I have a few friends that want to stop in on Friday because they are going out of town. Best get my tush in gear. will be back later to post pics

hugs n squishes!

Morning. The cars are all green here, because of the pollen, and I'm just miserable. I am thinking of you, however, and wishing...

LeeAnn, good luck with preparations for the Art Walk.

Marisa, have a great day at work, You're baby blanket turned out great!

and Joanne, have a great day at work.

Hi all!

Beth-soo sooo sorry about the pollen, that is horrible! Gosh, can you breathe? My ds would probably be in the hospital with his asthma and allergies, that would do him in. Oh my! I so wish that I could help you.:hug:hug

Joanne-how was your day in paradise? Hope fast and fun!

Marisa-will you be working on the sweater next?

I think I can, I think I can! Whoaaa! I am tired! I accomplished everything on my list and made a pot roast for dinner...and tidied up the house. And....remember the Head Teacher position that I applied for? they called and set up an interview for Friday, I am so nervous! Oh my gosh! I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed. Wish me luck friends, I hope that they give me the opportunity, I would be so grateful.

ok, enough about me, I did take pics of the yarn that I bought and of the group of goodies that are headed toward the sale.

here they are.

post-33271-135897648734_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897648738_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897648741_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897648744_thumb.jpg

What beautiful eye candy early in the morning!!! (or any time of the day for that matter) LeeAnn- everything looks so good!!!! Will be sending positive vibes your way- I'm sure you'll ace the interview!!! That's so exciting!

I never made it on last night- had a busy day at work- came home, had dinner, logged in and then after posting on another thread, the angels decided to start bowling, so I shut down the computer, went upstairs, crocheted for a bit and called it a night~

Off to get ready for paradise!! Another busy one at that- with lots of meetings again. Luckily, the meetings will start dying down by next week!!

Hope everyone has a great hump day!!

Mornin. Didn't sleep much last night. We needed the angels bowling here, with any accompanying showers. It would be nice to have the pollen washed away.

Joanne, good luck with all the meetings. They certainly cut into productivity, don't they?

LeeAnn, your items are gorgeous!!! And good haul on the yarn!!! Lovely. It looks good on that afghan, too.

Marisa, sending postive vibes your way.

Stacy, I hope school isn't getting you down.

Lots of hugs to all of you. I'm going back to work on the wedding present. 10 stripes done, 7 to go. And they are getting smaller again!!!:cheer:clap:yay

Quiet here again!

Angels were bowling last night here in NJ too- had a very long day at work- and now just finished watching IDOL- what talented singers!!!

Now off to hook a bit and then call it a night

Hugs to all

Evenin All!

Sorry that I have not been in sooner, today was a little crazy.

Joanne-I love your saying, "the angels are bowling" I had never heard it before, but it is awesome! Bet you are happily hooking or reading. :hug

Beth-feeling slightly better? Hope so! You go on the afghan! You will be finished soon, I can feel it!

Cleaned the shop today, ran errands then had to take ds to the eye dr. he needs new contacts, then back home again. The whole day flew by! So fast that I did not eat in all day, have a terrible headache, going to lie on my bed and do nothing! :devil Oh also made two batches of "boy soap" as dh calls it, little cars, rockets, and trains. Soo cute! Will upload the pics in the a.m.

have a good night friends! hugs n squishes!

:hi friends!!!

Leeann, your soaps and candles are gorgeous!! Best of luck at the Art Walk! How exciting. :clap

Joanne, how is the new position going? My grandma always used to say the angels were bowling. :manyheart Hope the rain hasn't hit you too hard. It was forecasted to rain here 3 days last week and it hasn't shown up yet. :(

Marisa, your 'ghan is gorgeous!! Great work. :h5 How goes the building search?

Beth, how are your allergies? :hug:hug:hug I hope you are feeling better. Have you tried tea tree oil? I either put a few drops in my humidifier, or I fill up the bathroom sink with hot water, add a few drops to it, put a towel over my head and just inhale. I love that stuff. :manyheart

Mary, LeaAnne, Colleen, Shannon, Vicki, Sarah- Hope all is well with you!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

I have been keeping busy, but mostly with the girls and keeping the house straightened up. Schoolwork has slowed to a lull, since midterms were last week. I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed, honestly- for some reason my children have decided they don't really have to listen to me, and I end up telling them to do things several times, which of course makes me even more frustrated. It's a nasty cycle. :( I'm sure they're just trying to figure out their boundaries, etc., but my fuse has been really short for the past couple weeks. I cannot wait for the cruise. :dreaming :devil

Anyway, it's bedtime, then I have some laundry to fold. Love and hugs to all!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning!

LeeAnn- I'm so excited for you and the ArtWalk- hope all goes fabulously!!!

Stacy- Cruise? What cruise? How did I miss you posting about that before? When are you going? And where are you cruising to? Are your DD's going or just you and DH? So exciting!!!! I remember those days of "testing the boundaries"- (and sorry to burst your bubble, but just wait until all 3 are teenagers!) Just be consistent- and you'll be fine! Glad to hear school is going well- and that you are enjoying it!

Beth- Yippee for the stripes getting smaller in size now! Before you know it, you'll have finished!!! How's DS doing with his job?

Marisa- How's the office search coming along? Was last night your last regular season game?

Off to get ready for Paradise. Wishing a wonderful day to all!

Hey all.

I feel a bit better today -- HOORAY!!!:cheer:clap:yay Let's see if I can use the extra energy and get something done around here...

Joanne, I still get bored with the stripes, but they are definitely getting smaller. My son seems to be doing very well with his new work hours and responsibilities. He's very good at stepping up when needed. Yesterday we finally got his taxes filled out and mailed off. He's growing up WAY too fast.

LeeAnn, I can't wait to see your boy soaps. They sound adorable. It seems you are staying super busy. But please take care of yourself. You don't need to go without eating all day. Not good for you!!!

Stacy, instead of telling them what to do over and over, write in on a dry erase board, and let them wipe it off when the chore is done to your liking. When all the chores are off the board, they get to .... Watch a movie, get a treat, play a game, get a sticker, or (I am a mean mom, and proud of it) turn on their electronics for the first time that day. The chore board helped in our house a lot.

Marisa, Mary, LeaAnne, Colleen, Elizabeth, Shannon, Vicki, Scooby, and any other friends we have reading this, I hope your day is :sun and :flower without the pollen.

Mornin!!!!

Beth-so glad that you are feeling better!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap I was worried about ya. :D that is wonderful that your ds handles more responsibility well. You did a good job!

Joanne-is the snow all gone? Now that you have rain? We haven't had much of either this winter/spring. The rain would be really really really nice. What project are you working on?

Stacy-my wonderful kiddos like to push my buttons sometimes, especially ds, if he know's it will upset me, he will say it/do it anyway and then think about the consequences later. I talk with him often, he was grounded for a week, today he is finally off. He was extremely sassy last week and downright disrepectful. However, I am strict-grounding means no electronics, t.v. telephone. He had to get on the computer to do school related stuff but that was it. I hear it gets harder with teenagers, I agree! oh my! What am I going to do with dd? Good luck, I like Beth's idea of the chore chart and Joanne's consistency. Smart ladies! We do that too!

Marisa-hoping that you find that perfect building for your bus. adventure!

Slept late this morning, wasn't feeling well, but am getting a llittle bit of energy. Will haul all of my goodies to the shop today and set them up, and I will make sure to take pics. I want to share with all of you what it looks like.

Tomorrow I am going to get a haircut with my long lost friend Suzy-I forgot to tell ya, but I had my hair cut a few weeks ago---nightmare! It is about 2 inches shorter on the top on one side...oh my! I don't like to think about it. Suzy has a friend that says she can fix it. I hope, I hope I hope. Then we are going to lunch and then I have the big interview!!! :eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

k best get myself motivated before I start dwelling on the interview and haircut. :blush

luv and hugs!

Leeann, your soaps are adorable!! As always. :yes Have fun with your friend! And good luck with the haircut (and interview, of course.) I only get my hair cut once in a blue moon because every time I find a stylist I like, they end up leaving the salon.

Joanne, how was Paradise today? Oh, I can't believe I didn't tell you all about the cruise! Jorge surprised me and booked us on a 4-day cruise to Mexico in June! It will just be the two of us- Isabella's godfather is supposed to stay with the girls at our house. I'm actually going to get my passport tomorrow. So exciting!

Beth, I'm so glad you're feeling better! :yay

Thanks for all of the advice. I've always been very consistent with my kids- and they're very well-behaved, for the most part. I've received tons of compliments on their behavior. I just think that, aside from testing boundaries, they're just done with the situation, too. If that makes sense. I think they're confused and frustrated by the two sets of rules in the house, etc. Also, Jorge is taking lots of classes this semester and they don't see him much, plus I'm looking for a job...it's just a confusing and stressful time for all of us right now, and I'm sure it's affecting them. Only a few more months...;)

Today I had soc. and now am officially on spring break! :yay I do have lots of homework for the break but we will have fun, also. We've been spending a lot of time with a friend of Isabella's, and her mother and sister. They are coming over next week for movie day, and we are planning to take them all to the science center one day, too. It should be lots of fun, and also great stress relief. :yes

Tonight Isabella has soccer from 5-6, and Jorge leaves for school at 6. I'm trying to figure something out for dinner. :think

I'd better get going. Talk to you later!

Hi all,

LONG day in Paradise today so this will be quick!

Beth- glad you are feeling better and kudos to your DS for being so responsible (and to you for raising him that way)

Stacy- Oh, the cruise sounds like it's going to be so much fun for you and DH- after all the hours of school and raising 3 children- what a great way for the two of you to have some ALONE, relaxing time!!! When will you be moving? I think that once you and the roomie situation anymore, it'll be easier on all of you!! Have fun next week on Spring Break! And not to be too nosy or anything, but when are you fitting in time for a job? Good luck!!! And only a little over a week till you can have coffee again!!!

LeeAnn- Hope you are feeling ok- you've been doing ALOT!!! Good luck with the haircut and the interview!!!! You'll do great at the interview I"m sure. And I'd be freaking out if that happened to my hair- I'm confident that your friends hairdresser will be able to fix it!!! The soaps are adorable- as are all your creations!!!!! Oh, I'm still working on the RR and the other blanket (the one from Pound of Love wrapper) for stepgrandson- and I wish I had more hours to crochet for sure!!!

Have a good night!

Off to watch IDOL!

Last to post and first to post today! So not much else to say other than TGIF!!!!!

LeeAnn- Positive thoughts coming your way for a great new haircut and interview. And for a successful artwalk tomorrow!!!!

Beth- enjoy Pizza night- and is shrimp boy coming over?

Marisa- Have you been having any luck in your search for your new office?

I 'm going to steal what Beth said and repeat it here:

Mary, LeaAnne, Colleen, Elizabeth, Shannon, Vicki, Scooby, and any other friends we have reading this, I hope your day is and without the pollen.:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning ladies :coffee

Head's up Joanne, the top portion is cut/paste from the 'our house' thread

Wow, what a long week :eek Sorry I've been MIA. I think I was here last on tuesday :think Well tues, wed, and thurs nights, I got through a division of Alleghany county each night for my mapping project and now I still have 2 to go :clap Didn't even get on the computer all week :lol I also did no crafting since mondays game. I didn't go to wed game because I had a early mornng thursday and the game was an hour later than usual. I still need to make the squares I promised for the comfortghans and hope to get those accomplished this weekend while watching some playoff games :xfin Also need to clean, run to the grocery store, clean the turtles, and run to the eyeglass place this weekend. Don't know what I did to my glasses, but the one arm is a little bent near the screw that attaches the arm to the frame and it's not quite stable now :( Good think I have 2 pair :D That's pretty much all I've been up to, works been crazy busy, yet yesterday moved along VERY slowly. I did scan through the posts, but didn't bother taking extensive notes because I just didn't have the time

Thank you to ALL of you for the compliments on the baby blanket, whcih still needs to be washed yet.

I haven't even worked on my sweater in a LONG time that seems like forever so the sleeves are still waiting for some attention :sigh I hope to get to that over the weekend as well :xfin

(Sorry for using the same post as the other thread, but it was alot to type out and I'm now getting into the running late for work category, but wanted to get in here too before leaving out)

LeeAnn - Your soaps, basket, and blanket are all awesome!!!!!!! I just skimmed the posts and may have missed it, but what interview :think

Joanne - Gotta finish marking up my map so I can then focus on specific areas while looking for something :think Wed was the last reg season home game ( I didn't go) We start playoffs in Miami on sat and mon and then they are here thurs (don't have a time set yet, but it better not be early during work) and sun....Yes, EASTER SUNDAY!!!! at 1:00 in the afternoon :eek:angry I'm quite upset about that because I'll be in the Poconos and Mary can't go either, so it's a waste...I'm going to see if I can sell the tix for that day :think

Beth - How are you feeling? Pizza sounds wonderful today :yes

Stacy - :hug :hug :hug to you and the kids.

Gotta run

Top of the Morning and TGIF!

Joanne-I am glad that it is Friday too! your hooded baby blanket will work up fast, when is your step daughter due? How has the transition to your old dept. been?

Marisa-you have been super crazy busy! A game on Easter Sunday? that kinda cuts into family outings and such. Do they normally do that? I am interviewing for a management position within the migrant headstart where I work...hoping and praying that I get it. I have been wanting to move on up so to speak.

Stacy-yipppee for Spring Break! I bet your kiddos are super excited! Have you been working on :hook?

Beth-how's the pollen down your way? Pizza night? will your dh be home in 2 weeks? how's the ghan coming along?

so sorry that I did not post last night, it was a busy evening. dd had a school project that was quite intensive, then had the big haul to the shop, I was supposed to do it during it during the day but we had a terrible wind storm-couldn't see outside, didn't want to get sand into all of my goodies. so made an early dinner and then homework and then ran to the shop and set up, then back to finish more homework and get my clothes and stuff ready for today.

now I am ready and rearing to go! thank you for all the warm wishes during the interview and haircut. I researched interview questions and have been reviewing just to familiarize myself with what I want to say. ok, best get my family out the door so that I can get myself ready. I will be back this evening dear friends!

have a great day! hugs n squishes!

Hello, :hi

Whew! What a day. I remembered in the wee hours that it's trash and recycling pick up, so I got all that to the curb and moved the cars into the driveway. I did a little on the afghan. I took my son to get his hair cut. A friend asked if her son could hang out during the girls' crochet time, so I had to clean my house real quick. I made the pizza dough. We had our crochet time. Now I'm home, waiting to tutor, then to take the two sweeties out for a "hot" date. They want some time to walk around and talk without anyone overhearing, so I said I'd sit somewhere and crochet while they take a hike around a park. Only problem is the pollen. I think it would kill me to do what I said I'd do.

Joanne, happy TGIF to you, m'lady! i hope you have a great weekend. Can't wait to see all the baby projects you're working on.

LeeAnn, good luck with the interview and the art show. What an eventful weekend for you! Oh, by the way, I pick my hubby at the airport in ONE WEEK!!!! and 3 hours and 45 minutes. Oh and the boy soaps are too cute for words!

Marisa, I also can't believe your team has a game on Easter. I guess they figure a lot of people will be off work that day, so they can watch.

Stacy, Hooray for Spring Break!!! I'll bet you're family will settle down a lot when you get more consistency at home, losing the roomie situation. You're right about that.

Well, I am ready for lunch, and I want to nudge this child towards finishing the math so I can relax. :devil

Archived