Mystery CAL for Yourself

heart

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finally got to finish my bag off - I made it with stripes of Herreschner's purple and RHSS Orchid. It's about 10" tall. I still need to get a button for it - I'm thinking one of my friends might like it.

I love the purples! I used orchid for my purple one too. :) It's really nice being so tall. It looks great! Beautifully done! :woo

love the purples, ok got my cherry chip bag done now to just get a pic on the pc

love the purples, ok got my cherry chip bag done now to just get a pic on the pc

Yay! Can't wait to see that!

I went shopping for yarn saturday and forgot black. :eek (I traded a book with kidget to get DC Amazing Crochet Lace and am starting off by making the Tea Shawl :jumpyay ) So mabey I will do the top of the pink one in the turqua that I was RAOK'ed. Still tickled pink over that! :ty:jumpyay and I thought about making it for a child by adding a trim of white shells somewhere, mabey adding a heart on a string that hangs from the strap. Lots of ideas, just not sure which to run with. :think

ok the bag is done. I did a quilted lining and a simple button and decided against the embroidery because I was tired when I finished it at 3 this morning...lol! It looks really cute though and stands up well now. I will get pics in a bit and post them.

ok the bag is done. I did a quilted lining and a simple button and decided against the embroidery because i was tired when i finished it at 3 this morning...lol! It looks really cute though and stands up well now. I will get pics in a bit and post them.

yay!!!

Ok here are the pics of the purse and the prize that goes to the winner of my blog contest. I think the lining looks pretty good since I did it by hand. this is only the second thing I have ever sewna nd I used a machine at my aunt's house the first time. This was a bit different...lol!

WOW Shana................... that bag is beautiful and your set is just lovely!

^5 GREAT WORK!!!!

:heart

:mug

Ok here are the pics of the purse and the prize that goes to the winner of my blog contest. I think the lining looks pretty good since I did it by hand. this is only the second thing I have ever sewna nd I used a machine at my aunt's house the first time. This was a bit different...lol!

Oh Shana!!! It's beautiful! The lining looks great! All your items that go with it are great! Beautiful work. :)

Shana, may i ask how you went about making your lining for your bag? Like how did you measure for it and such. I just want a plain lining but not sure how to tackle it. Thank You

Shana, may i ask how you went about making your lining for your bag? Like how did you measure for it and such. I just want a plain lining but not sure how to tackle it. Thank You

heehee- It was not an exact science shall we say. I folded material in half and laid it across thebag and cut it about 2 inches wider than the bag laying flat so it would have enough clearance for the width of the sides of the bag. I also made sure it was about 2 inches taller than the bag. Then I laid the material, still folded in half on the table on top of the batting (that was also folded in half and cut around the material to get my batting the "same" size as the material. Then I opened the batting and laid it flat and put the folded in half material on the batting and then folded the batting back in half over the material then I rounded the top corners and took my needle and thread and just started sewing from one side on the top downa nd around to the other side. then I opened the top and folded down each side and made a hem on the top of each side so that the edges would look neat and then I turned the bag inside out and put the material (batting side in) over the bag and just sewed it into the yarn but made sure not to come to the outside of the bag so the thread wouldn't show. I hope I explained that well. As you can see I like to wing it a lot and I am by no means a pro at sewing. but I think it turned out pretty good so I think just have to see that sometimes it is ok just to see how this go. Yep that is my story and I am sticking to it...lol!

All the bags are just beautiful. Mine isn't finished yet. Once I found out what it was, I decided that to be functional for me it would have to be taller, but I am still stuck on day 3. Luckily I have a lot of yarn left.

I have to say a great big thank you to CSHELL!!! Yay! :jumpyay:ty Cshell!!! :D

Look what she sent me as a thank you for this CAL. I was first suprised with the RH yarn in turqua and pretty in pink, (THANK YOU to whom ever sent that to me!!! :manyheart )and now this sweet package from Cshell :woo Lookie at the goodies!!! Buttons... You know I love buttons, and HEARTS!!! :D A Beautiful Journal, CROCHET patches, :D and a postcard!! Yay!! Thank you Cshell!!!

here's my cherry chip baguette (sounds like something you could buy at Panera Bread/ or as us St.L natives say St. Louis Bread Co)

you can best see the lines from the bpdc at the bottom, it gave it a really nice ribbing effect, then I used hdc for the top rows and did kind of an hdc together to pull it in over each set of bpdc

post-13682-135897404594_thumb.jpg

My bag bottom is 18" X 3 1/2", so I'm adding more fpdc rounds to make it 10" (+?) tall. I haven't had much time to work on it, but I'm almost there. My colors are brown for the bottom, Turqua and Ecru stripes then brown for the top. It reminds me of the ocean, so I'll call it my beach bag :lol. I love what everyone has done with this pattern. It's so cool how you can get so much out of one design.

Ellie 13

here's my cherry chip baguette (sounds like something you could buy at Panera Bread/ or as us St.L natives say St. Louis Bread Co)

you can best see the lines from the bpdc at the bottom, it gave it a really nice ribbing effect, then I used hdc for the top rows and did kind of an hdc together to pull it in over each set of bpdc

That is gorgeous!!! I love it!!! Great job!!! The ribbing really stands out to. That's a really nice effect. :hook:clap

I'm so bummed that I joined 'Ville too late to participate in this CAL. I love the idea and the bag is so darn cute. I'll have to keep my eyes open for a new CAL. I'm hooked. :D

Everyone's bags are gorgeous BTW.

Archived