Mystery CAL for Yourself

heart

Actually, her name is Gabriella....but, miss talker started to call herself Bella when she was barely 1 1/2 years old and it stuck.:) My in-laws (right from Italy) think Bella fits her perfectly....they find her to be beautiful.:manyheart

Anna is a sweet name. Your daughter is a doll :c9and I can tell she is well loved!:hug

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally finished my tote. I decided (at this point) to skip the handles and just have it as a basket for keeping yarn and projects. I really like this pattern and might adapt it for other stuff.

post-4896-135897401275_thumb.jpg

@ :heart Thank you so much for doing this for us. :ghug

I finally finished my tote. I decided (at this point) to skip the handles and just have it as a basket for keeping yarn and projects. I really like this pattern and might adapt it for other stuff.

[ATTACH]688[/ATTACH]

I love the stripe design! Is that heart shaped button? :D It does make a good basket. Someone on ravelry told me she was making it for her friend who knits, (she crochets but doesn't know how to knit yet) because she said it is a perfect length being so long, to hold all kinds of different knitting needles. It's very adaptable. I thought of making it with a sc, dc repeating pattern, instead of fpdc. It would probably have to be lined to help keep it from falling over, but it might be pretty.

Good job! :yay and you're welcome!

I am just getting to start on mine because I had to finish the comfortghan I was working on. SO I cheated and got to find out what it was first...lol!

:D That's ok. :D I'm making another one that I didn't do R3, so it is skinnier, but it seems to be taking me forever to get it made. I still haven't made it to the sc row yet. lol. We can be fashionably late together. :lol:lol:lol

I found bags of every-shaped button in primary colours ... I am in button heaven at this point. I put the heart button on a round button to get that extra oomph effect. I love buttons :manyheart

Ok let me tell you. I was so worried because I have seen so many people who can't do the fpdc and so many people talking about how hard it is but that has to be the easiest thing I have done...lol. I am on round 8 and it is really just like doing a double but in a different place and I like it.. It goes pretty fast once you get the hang of it too. Thanks for making me brave enough to try it. Mine does seem super skinny though and it is hard to tell from the pics exactly how skinny it is. It is like 16 and a half in long and I guess I need to measure how wide. I am using red, white and pink instead of the plum pudding though.

Ok let me tell you. I was so worried because I have seen so many people who can't do the fpdc and so many people talking about how hard it is but that has to be the easiest thing I have done...lol. I am on round 8 and it is really just like doing a double but in a different place and I like it.. It goes pretty fast once you get the hang of it too. Thanks for making me brave enough to try it. Mine does seem super skinny though and it is hard to tell from the pics exactly how skinny it is. It is like 16 and a half in long and I guess I need to measure how wide. I am using red, white and pink instead of the plum pudding though.

Sounds pretty, and I'm glad you tried it. It's fun to learn new stuff. :hook It does, when you first start it, seem to long and to skinny, :D like mabey you're messing up, :devil but it's supposed to be that way. I haven't measured my width, but I'd say between 4-6" mabey a little more depending on your own personal gauge. Mine is 16 1/2" long too. ;)

I found bags of every-shaped button in primary colours ... I am in button heaven at this point. I put the heart button on a round button to get that extra oomph effect. I love buttons :manyheart

I like the idea of using 2 buttons that way. I will try it some time. Thanks! :D

[ATTACH]688[/ATTACH]

Okay.. way cute!

love the stripes and heart button!

:heart

:mug

Mine came out really long- about 20 inches (how did that happen????) It looks out of proportion with the length and height and I like Darski's idea of not using the handles and just using it to store yarn/hooks. I'm so glad I used blue with aran trim since it matches the furniture in my family room and will make a nice addition to the room! I had fun doing this and so happy I learned a new stitch- fpdc.:crocheting. Thanks again Heart:manyheart

Am I right in assuming that rnds 5 - 9 and 10 - 14 are all the same, 10 total rnds fpcd, :think? I did 2 rnds in Turqua, 2 in Ecru, 2 in Turqua, 2 in Ecru, 2 in Turqua. I think I'll do the last part in brown.

Ellie 13

Am I right in assuming that rnds 5 - 9 and 10 - 14 are all the same, 10 total rnds fpcd, :think? I did 2 rnds in Turqua, 2 in Ecru, 2 in Turqua, 2 in Ecru, 2 in Turqua. I think I'll do the last part in brown.

Ellie 13

:D Yes. I just divided it up so there wouldn't be so much to do for 1 day's instructions. Your colors sound great!

almost done with mine, I added an extra 6 rows of fpdc to make it taller, hopefully i can get it done tonight and get pics of it to post

everyone's look so great, love all the ideas I've seen, as soon as I finish this one I'm making another one

I love all the totes. I think I'm going to add a few more rnds fpdc to make mine a little taller. Maybe a shorter loop piece to close it tighter too. Anyhow, love the pattern.

Ellie 13

I used my bag to carry my most recent project, yarn, hook, pad of paper, pencil, key ring, and wallet. I was pleased with how well it contained the contents. I've had problems with things coming out of some of my other totes. Thanks for a very well-constructed pattern!!! I think it does so well because it can stand, it has the pleats, and it has the loop and button closure. I :manyheart it!

Mine is looking really cute too. Although I think I am going to add a few more rows to make it taller too. i thought of adding a wider loop or two loops to close it a little more. Not sure yet but I am making another for my best friend after I finish mine. Thanks heart. i will post pics when I finish mine too.

It is a nice pattern and they are all very nice. I added a few rows of hdc to make it a little taller and a few dec. too. No decision on the straps or button yet although I have some I like.

post-10430-135897401606_thumb.jpg

Hi, I just discovered this CAL and, although it's over, I would like to make the bag. Will you be giving the entire pattern on the first post? I see that the first 3 days are there already. I guess I should have been marking the posts with the pattern as I have been reading, but I wasn't sure I wanted to make it until I saw how great they have all turned out!

ok here's my finished bag, I added 6 more rows of fpdc to make it taller, I went to buy a button loved the argyle one but then decided I liked the other 2 as well so I sewed them all on :lol

post-13682-13589740162_thumb.jpg

I know it is amazing how so many different people can take the same pattern and make it their own kind of. Each one is so unique and I think that is one thing I love most about crocheting.

Me too! :D

Archived