Mystery CAL for Yourself

heart

Awww, thanks auntienan!! This is the first time I have ever done anything without the picture to show me what I was making. it was a little weird but so much fun.

I think mine isn't stiff because I used ILTY. I just can't hardly use rhss anymore it all itches me to death. I am not sure why...oh well. I still try with what I already have so it doesnt go to waste.

Do you guys think I should do a button or crochet some kind of button or flower?

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I done another bag! I made it smaller, taller, and changed the handles and the loop. I even added fun fur!!

[ATTACH]809[/ATTACH]

I love pink and black together and the fun fur looks really cute on there too!

Ok, so here is the bag I made. It is different after the rows of fpdc but I like it and think it turned out cute. What do you guys think? I am giving it away in the contest I did on my blog along with two hats and aomething I am going to make for the runer up gift. I still have to find the perfect button so tell me what you think. It is not really stiff either but I thought about lining it. Would that help?

WoW!! Beautiful, I like how you did the striping, I Love it. Okay I don't know what I did but my letters started slanting. Anyhoo, thank you everyone for the lovely comments. There are some very beautiful bags in this cal.

I absolutely LOVE all these bags. Stripes, Black/Pink/fuzzy, bigger, smaller, taller, they are wonderful. Once I finish an emergency request and a scarf that needs to be done, I'm going to get back to mine. Only have the last day's crocheting to do on it, so shouldn't take long. Will post when it's completed.

Thanks again Heart! Great mystery!

I have to say......... I am completely impressed by all the different bags from the same pattern. They are just amazing and so very lovely! you all have done a Wonderful job!

Sarah............ thank you for this... it was a lot of fun and I love the bag!

:heart

:mug

ok working on one in gold and bought yarn to make two more LOL I'm so addicted, I finally had an excuse to buy the RH cherry chip I've had my eye on since it came out

Cherry Chip... I haven't seen it, sure sounds yummy, right up there with Cherry Chip ice cream... I want some:icecream

hmmm.. not the best pic... but its hard to find really good pics sometimes of yarn... but anyway.. this is a little sample of Cherry Chip

post-18634-135897402485_thumb.jpg

I keep checking back to see all the bags as they are finished. Wow! Are there some talented girls here! One pattern, so many looks, ALL FAB!

hmmm.. not the best pic... but its hard to find really good pics sometimes of yarn... but anyway.. this is a little sample of Cherry Chip

[ATTACH]910[/ATTACH]

I have not yet seen that, but I'm definately looking for it next time I go buy yarn! It's gorgeous. :P

Ok, so here is the bag I made. It is different after the rows of fpdc but I like it and think it turned out cute. What do you guys think? I am giving it away in the contest I did on my blog along with two hats and aomething I am going to make for the runer up gift. I still have to find the perfect button so tell me what you think. It is not really stiff either but I thought about lining it. Would that help?

Yep, lining would help, you could also, on the wrong side of the lining, iron some iron~on fusable interfacing/webbing to help give it more sturdiness. I am in love with this bag!!! I love the colors, the stripes are perfect.!!! The colors make me think of hearts. :D Just beautiful. :manyheart

I absolutely LOVE all these bags. Stripes, Black/Pink/fuzzy, bigger, smaller, taller, they are wonderful. Once I finish an emergency request and a scarf that needs to be done, I'm going to get back to mine. Only have the last day's crocheting to do on it, so shouldn't take long. Will post when it's completed.

Thanks again Heart! Great mystery!

I am right there with you! It is amazing where everyone took this bag! It is fun to see everything you all have done with it. I love it! :jumpyay

Yep, lining would help, you could also, on the wrong side of the lining, iron some iron~on fusable interfacing/webbing to help give it more sturdiness. I am in love with this bag!!! I love the colors, the stripes are perfect.!!! The colors make me think of hearts. :D Just beautiful. :manyheart

What about very low loft batting? I have some of that and I went to hobby lobby earlier and got a button and just white fabric for the inside and plastic canvas for the bottomand I don't really want to go back because the yarn aisle will call my name again and I will buy more.....again.:blush SO I guess I am wondering if I could kind of quilt it. Which I will have to do by hand as I do not own a sewing machine...:eek

By the way I am so happy you like the bag and I love hearts and that is what I was thinking when I picked the colors! maybe I can embroider a few little ones kind of down toward the bottom or something. I don't know. thanks for the compliments anyway!

I have the bag itself finished now. Just need to make and attach the straps. That will be this weekend's project.

Just love looking at all the bags made during this CAL. You ladies are very talented and creative.

And to HEART -- thanks so very, very much for the pattern. It was very easy to follow, well written and I really appreciate the stitch count you included. A MILLION AND ONE THANKS !

ok up to the sides on my cherry chip baguette, I did a little variation though I'm doing 4 fpdc then 2 bpdc around, it's actually much less floppy than my first one, course I also used a g this time instead of the f

What about very low loft batting? I have some of that and I went to hobby lobby earlier and got a button and just white fabric for the inside and plastic canvas for the bottomand I don't really want to go back because the yarn aisle will call my name again and I will buy more.....again.:blush SO I guess I am wondering if I could kind of quilt it. Which I will have to do by hand as I do not own a sewing machine...:eek

By the way I am so happy you like the bag and I love hearts and that is what I was thinking when I picked the colors! maybe I can embroider a few little ones kind of down toward the bottom or something. I don't know. thanks for the compliments anyway!

Yes, I think a quilted lining would do good too. :) and embroidered hearts too! :P I'm in heaven! :D

ok up to the sides on my cherry chip baguette, I did a little variation though I'm doing 4 fpdc then 2 bpdc around, it's actually much less floppy than my first one, course I also used a g this time instead of the f

OOOOO! I can't wait to see that! :D

I have the bag itself finished now. Just need to make and attach the straps. That will be this weekend's project.

Just love looking at all the bags made during this CAL. You ladies are very talented and creative.

And to HEART -- thanks so very, very much for the pattern. It was very easy to follow, well written and I really appreciate the stitch count you included. A MILLION AND ONE THANKS !

Praise the Lord and Thank you!!! I'm glad you liked the pattern and had fun too. :)

Ok, so I stayed up till 4:30 am working on the lining of this bag. I almost have it all sewn up and ready to put in. Did I mention I am sewing by hand...:eek:eek:eek...it is turning out really well though I think. I got the plastic canvas sewn in and the button sewn on and am still debating the embroidering part.:think. then I thought, should I sew a pocket on the lining. I really should stop thinking, I think. I am having so much fun with it though.

i can't wait to see the cherry chip one. I love that color. I got that color of square for the square kiss swap. So pretty.

Heart, by the way, thanks so much for this pattern. because of ou I learned fpdc and now I can do the awareness ribbon square so my mil is going to pay for the yarn and pillow forms and I am going to make pillows out of that for all o fher other siblings in Aunt Deb's Memory. Very cool!:hook

Heart, by the way, thanks so much for this pattern. because of ou I learned fpdc and now I can do the awareness ribbon square so my mil is going to pay for the yarn and pillow forms and I am going to make pillows out of that for all o fher other siblings in Aunt Deb's Memory. Very cool!:hook

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart Praise the Lord! :jumpyay

I finally got to finish my bag off - I made it with stripes of Herreschner's purple and RHSS Orchid. It's about 10" tall. I still need to get a button for it - I'm thinking one of my friends might like it.

post-16276-135897404396_thumb.jpg

Archived