Mystery CAL for Yourself

heart

I'm so bummed that I joined 'Ville too late to participate in this CAL. I love the idea and the bag is so darn cute. I'll have to keep my eyes open for a new CAL. I'm hooked. :D

Everyone's bags are gorgeous BTW.

We are all still chatting and checking in. If you start now, we promise to come and oooh and ahhhh over it. We love this stuff. :manyheart

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are all still chatting and checking in. If you start now, we promise to come and oooh and ahhhh over it. We love this stuff. :manyheart

:lol I have the yarn and hook in my lap right now working on day 1. Of course, I'm also online and watching Dancing with the Stars at the same time. :blush

:lol I have the yarn and hook in my lap right now working on day 1. Of course, I'm also online and watching Dancing with the Stars at the same time. :blush

glad you're joining us, i'm working on my third bag now

Yay! Jump on in! :D I'm still trying to decide which color to use next for my third one. It's hot pink and Black or a teal blue... can't seem to decide, :P So you are right on time. :D I love that show too btw! :hook

Thanks for letting me join even if it was late. :cheer

I'm using RHSS Lt. Blue and then adding white at the top. I'm going to crochet a button instead of using a plastic button.

I'll post pics when I'm done.

heehee- It was not an exact science shall we say. I folded material in half and laid it across thebag and cut it about 2 inches wider than the bag laying flat so it would have enough clearance for the width of the sides of the bag. I also made sure it was about 2 inches taller than the bag. Then I laid the material, still folded in half on the table on top of the batting (that was also folded in half and cut around the material to get my batting the "same" size as the material. Then I opened the batting and laid it flat and put the folded in half material on the batting and then folded the batting back in half over the material then I rounded the top corners and took my needle and thread and just started sewing from one side on the top downa nd around to the other side. then I opened the top and folded down each side and made a hem on the top of each side so that the edges would look neat and then I turned the bag inside out and put the material (batting side in) over the bag and just sewed it into the yarn but made sure not to come to the outside of the bag so the thread wouldn't show. I hope I explained that well. As you can see I like to wing it a lot and I am by no means a pro at sewing. but I think it turned out pretty good so I think just have to see that sometimes it is ok just to see how this go. Yep that is my story and I am sticking to it...lol!

LOL, well your story sounds good to me. Thank you for helping me, i will give it a try. I was reading your directions and when i got to the end I just had to laugh lololol Thanks agin and THANK YOU for the smile too. hehehehe

Thanks for letting me join even if it was late. :cheer

I'm using RHSS Lt. Blue and then adding white at the top. I'm going to crochet a button instead of using a plastic button.

I'll post pics when I'm done.

:jumpyay

I have to say a great big thank you to CSHELL!!! Yay! :jumpyay:ty Cshell!!! :D

Look what she sent me as a thank you for this CAL. I was first suprised with the RH yarn in turqua and pretty in pink, (THANK YOU to whom ever sent that to me!!! :manyheart )and now this sweet package from Cshell :woo Lookie at the goodies!!! Buttons... You know I love buttons, and HEARTS!!! :D A Beautiful Journal, CROCHET patches, :D and a postcard!! Yay!! Thank you Cshell!!!

[ATTACH]1197[/ATTACH]

What a sweet gesture! You certainly deserve it. :manyheart

Where on earth did she find those Crochet patches? I would love to get my hands on some! :)

Yay! Jump on in! :D I'm still trying to decide which color to use next for my third one. It's hot pink and Black or a teal blue... can't seem to decide, :P So you are right on time. :D I love that show too btw! :hook

I love the idea of hot pink and black!! I’m sure the other color would be just a pretty, but pink and black go together really well.

Also, I went to Ravelry to read the story about how you came up with the name. I couldn’t find it anyway. I am not Ravelry savvy though. I haven’t spent much time on that site.

I love the idea of hot pink and black!! I’m sure the other color would be just a pretty, but pink and black go together really well.

Also, I went to Ravelry to read the story about how you came up with the name. I couldn’t find it anyway. I am not Ravelry savvy though. I haven’t spent much time on that site.

:D Yep I'm still waiting to go to Michaels again, mabey I'll have time thursday or friday to run over there and get some black. I have a really neat silver button I want to use. :D Here's how I came up with the name...

Since I was a baby, my mom has called me many things, surrybelle, :P sarahbella, sarahbell, bella. Bella has stuck for over 20 years, I was about 8 or 9 when I got mad :angry and told her to stop calling me surrybelle or sarahbella,:lol so Bella it was, is and has been. :D I named this bag with all B’s b/c I thought it was cute. :P

BTW, I'm sarasaki on Ravelry.

Since I was a baby, my mom has called me many things, surrybelle, :P sarahbella, sarahbell, bella. Bella has stuck for over 20 years, I was about 8 or 9 when I got mad :angry and told her to stop calling me surrybelle or sarahbella,:lol so Bella it was, is and has been. :D I named this bag with all B’s b/c I thought it was cute. :P

BTW, I'm sarasaki on Ravelry.

Such a sweet story! Thanks for sharing.

I'm patricknicolel on Ravelry! :hook

I still have to finish my poor bag. :( It has been set aside complete only through R8. :blush Maybe once I complete my coasters for the KISS swap I can get back to my bag. Besides, it would be great to use to carry my next project. ;)

Everyone's bags look great. I started mine in RHSS Red Hot (Hot Red?) and have decided to add a second color. Not sure if I want to do black, pink or something else. :think

Well, I was concerned that my bag wasn't turning out well. Now that I'm on round 6, it's really starting to come together! :cheer

:D Good! :jumpyay During the CAL, some twisted, some rolled, some worked out with no problems, but when you start doing the last 3 rows, it really pulls up the sides and comes together nicely. The pleats make it more sturdy b/c it adds a strong/thick center on each side and also they are created by skipping a few sts, which makes the top of the bag smaller, so it automatically pulls up and works. Just keep your st count right and you're good to go. ;)

Just keep your st count right and you're good to go.

Yes trust me or Heart will have to give you your own instructions to finish because you won't want to frog it and start over...lol! Not that I know anything about that!

Yes trust me or Heart will have to give you your own instructions to finish because you won't want to frog it and start over...lol! Not that I know anything about that!

Thanks for the tip! ;) My stitch count is right so far. Hopefully it will stay that way. It's pretty much standing up on it's own now. My concern is that the bottom isn't big enough so the bag won't hold a full skein of yarn. :(

It also looks better and has more body or presence when it is filled with something.

Here's my Pretty in Pink Punk Chic Bella's Boutique Baguette! Wow, say that fast! :D

I used my RAOK yarn, :ty and I picked up some RH black today. I love it! I did sew the button farther down onto the bag, I like how that worked out. ;)

:lol:lol:lol

Thanks! Would you believe I messed up the back pleat? :eek and didn't catch it till it was way to late? I really don't like to rip out my work, I do if I have to, but I was already on the handles by the time I figured it out. :D So I left it in. :jumpyay I'm like Bob Ross, (I loved him) I don't make mistakes, I make happy little things. :D So it probably won't end up as a gift, with the back pleat being off center, I don't know what I was thinking. Talking to hubby, feeding baby and myself and trying to count out sts at the same time is mabey a bit too much multi~tasking. :D

Nicolep, if you want to keep your stitch count right, use stitch markers (paperclips or safety pins work). I placed a marker every 20 stitches (12 stitches in the last section) when doing the fpdc rounds. Move the marker up when you crochet around to that stitch.

Ellie 13

Nicolep, if you want to keep your stitch count right, use stitch markers (paperclips or safety pins work). I placed a marker every 20 stitches (12 stitches in the last section) when doing the fpdc rounds. Move the marker up when you crochet around to that stitch.

Ellie 13

Smart girl, see that is what I should have done. Duh Shana!:blush

Ellie 13

Thanks for the tip! :D

Heart - That bag is beautiful! I hope mine turns out half as pretty.

Thanks for all of the enouragement everyone. I hope to finish it up while I watching a three hour Lost mini-marathon tonight.

Archived