Mystery CAL for Yourself

heart

Everyone's bags look great. I'm gonna have to get with it and finish mine. I started with RHSS in Red Hot and have completed up the the first 2 rows of FPDC. Now that I've seen all the color variations I may have to pick another color or 2. I'm hoping to finish mine by this weekend as I seem to have several other projects going on this week. I'll be sure to post pics when I'm done.

Good work everyone.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heart- Ok Somehow i lost some stitches. Maybe I missed the last stitch on the fpdc rows. Not really sure. Anyway I did a few extra rows of fpdc and then put one row of sc on top of that. I now have 118 stitches. Go figure.:blush My question is can someone figure out where I can go from here without having to frog all this cuz it looks really cute and I don't want it anybigger cuz mine is already kind of floppy because I used ILTY and it isn't stiff. If someone coud figure out the last day's directions based on 118 stitches instead of 132 I would be eternally grateful. My math skills leave much to be desired and I am not a designer by any means...lol. Could some please help me. I really want to finish this.

Heart- Ok Somehow i lost some stitches. Maybe I missed the last stitch on the fpdc rows. Not really sure. Anyway I did a few extra rows of fpdc and then put one row of sc on top of that. I now have 118 stitches. Go figure.:blush My question is can someone figure out where I can go from here without having to frog all this cuz it looks really cute and I don't want it anybigger cuz mine is already kind of floppy because I used ILTY and it isn't stiff. If someone coud figure out the last day's directions based on 118 stitches instead of 132 I would be eternally grateful. My math skills leave much to be desired and I am not a designer by any means...lol. Could some please help me. I really want to finish this.

You're wanting to put in the pleats? :D Ok, lay your bag flat, so you can press it down with your hand to get the sides flat together.

The pleats take up 10 sts, 4 skipped sts, 2sc inbetween the pleats, and 4 more skipped sts.

So, you can "eyeball" it or you can count from side to side across the front, or back which ever side you start on, and it should be about 59 sts, (across the front and same for the back) since it isn't even your center will be off by 1 st, everyones is, it isn't enough to notice. ;)

Count over 29 sts, mark this and the next st, these 2 center sts should be in the center of your bag on the front. These 2 marked sts will be where your 2 sc inbetween the pleats go.

Count 4 sts before the 2 marked sts and 4 sts after the 2 marked sts, these will be your skipped sts. Do the same thing on the back. Or if you like, just do the pleats on the front and not on the back. (I'm calling the side where you join rounds the back ;) ) Let me know if this works/makes sense. :D

Everyone's bags look great. I'm gonna have to get with it and finish mine. I started with RHSS in Red Hot and have completed up the the first 2 rows of FPDC. Now that I've seen all the color variations I may have to pick another color or 2. I'm hoping to finish mine by this weekend as I seem to have several other projects going on this week. I'll be sure to post pics when I'm done.

Good work everyone.

Yay :jumpyay

I used RH Honeydew and Aspen Print. I added a few extra rows also, it measures 17x10" I cut a piece of plastic canvas to lie in the bottom, covered it to prevent it catching on the bag and to prevent any hooks from fall out the bottom. I am using this bag to store my Hairpin, Broomstick, Tunisian, double ended and circular hooks. This is perfect size for these items, thank you Heart for such an enjoyable and useful item! :cheer:hug:manyheart

post-23393-135897401701_thumb.jpg

post-23393-135897401706_thumb.jpg

Auntie Nan!!!!! WOW! I stand amazed. You did so many great things to make it better! :jumpyay Great Ideas I'll use too. Putting on the handles was a beautiful design element too. I have some wooden handles I've been wanting to use since 2007 :2blush but I never could use them b/c I didn't have the perfect project to use them on. Yay! Thank you for the inspiration. Your yarn choice is beautiful too. Absolutely fabulous job! :clap The plastic canvas was a stroke of genious too. :rose I'm very happy you found a good use for it. :woo Praise the Lord!

heart- when I post mine you are going to be so surprised...lol. Mine loks different. I made mine quite a bit taller and did decreases in the sides and I am making 1 wide strap to go side to side. that is all i have lft. oh and to find a button or crochet one. by the way i am doing a name that photo contest on my blog and the winner gets this purse and 2 hats i crocheted that will match the bag. it is at blazeandcrochet (dot) blogspot (dot) com. everyone check it out and enter to win.

this has been so much fun and i want to thank you heart for giving me my own set of directions...lol! i will post a pic when it is done

heart- when I post mine you are going to be so surprised...lol. Mine loks different. I made mine quite a bit taller and did decreases in the sides and I am making 1 wide strap to go side to side. that is all i have lft. oh and to find a button or crochet one. by the way i am doing a name that photo contest on my blog and the winner gets this purse and 2 hats i crocheted that will match the bag. it is at blazeandcrochet (dot) blogspot (dot) com. everyone check it out and enter to win.

this has been so much fun and i want to thank you heart for giving me my own set of directions...lol! i will post a pic when it is done

Yay!! Can't wait to see it! :manyheart Post a thread about your free giveaway. :D

Thank you! :cheer I added the wooden handles because I got behind and wanted to catch up and they matched great, I am very pleased. There are so many awesome bags because of the wonderful job you did making and explaining the pattern. I look forward to any CALS you decide to have! (hint..hint) :hook

Nan

Plastic canvas.... what a wonderful idea. :clap I recently had a week off work and decided to try to make my first purse/bag. :crocheting My first turned into my first three. :eek I have been racking my brain to come up with something to put in the bottom to make it sturdy. :think Never would have thought of plastic canvas. I guess I can now justify another trip to WalMart or Hobby Lobby. :devil

I think I am going to do the plastic canvas in the one I am doing also. I want it to be great for the person who wins it!

heart thanks for linking to my contest. I am just starting and trying to get it goig well and getting traffic is the hardest part.

I love the handles on the purses too. Looks great!!

I tried posting on your Photo page but it isn't showing up. Do I have to have a Blog to be able to post?

thanks, AuntieNan

I don't think so but if you want to pm me your post I will put it in the comments section listed that it is from you. Sorry!!

I done another bag! I made it smaller, taller, and changed the handles and the loop. I even added fun fur!!

[ATTACH]809[/ATTACH]

That's Great! I love it! There is no limit to the things you all have done with this pattern. :jumpyay It's great! I really love the bright pink and black combo. I'm still working on mine, ;) just trying to find a minute. This week seems to be crazy here. :D

Is there any way to make this not so floppy? I tried making it taller with more fdpc rows, but that didn't help. It just lays there. :think:think

Have you finished all the rows? When you make the pleats it should hold shape better, because the pleats are made by skipping a few sts, so the top of the bag is a little smaller than the bottom. That should help it some. Plus when you have the loop and button on, it should stay closed to. It may have a tendancy to roll in on it's self, some have, but when filled with whatever you are going to use it for, that will give the sides stability. It could also be lined with fabric too.

Ok, so here is the bag I made. It is different after the rows of fpdc but I like it and think it turned out cute. What do you guys think? I am giving it away in the contest I did on my blog along with two hats and aomething I am going to make for the runer up gift. I still have to find the perfect button so tell me what you think. It is not really stiff either but I thought about lining it. Would that help?

Archived