Navy & White Purse

ScottyP

I made this bag today between watching the NASCAR race, cooking lunch, taking a loooong nap, and everything else. It was easy and fun.

The designer is Cylinda Mathews, and the pattern can be found HERE. I used white and navy ILTY and followed the directions exactly. For some reason, mine turned out smaller than the pattern says it is. Mine came out 9 3/4" W x 10 1/2" H.

I think it needs some extra support in the handle. It feels too stretchy and flimsy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

360557590.jpg

Empty

360557586.jpg

Stuffed with yarn.

This is absolutely lovely - especiall for the summer months!!!! I'm sure you will get plenty of use out of it. Great job & thanks for sharing !!!!!

Lovely purse! I think since the purse is already made, it would be hard to strengthen the handle. If you make another one, maybe you could use 2 strands for the handle or crochet around cord or something like that.

You can line the inside of the bag around the handle with a piece of heavy fabric or felt. Just stitch the square of fabric in place and that will keep it from stretching. You would have to stitch around the outside edge of the fabric and then around the inside edge near the hole. I hope that makes sense... :lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

That is very pretty. I like them both. I was thinking maybe if you did another one to put a dowel in on both sides, crochet a longer top, and sew the flap down. :think:shrug Very nice, though. :hook

Tina

Archived