NEW THREAD STARTED**Mystery CAL for Mother's Day..?

heart

What size thread do you want to make the Mystery CAL in?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What size thread do you want to make the Mystery CAL in?

• size 3 thread
    • size 10 thread

Hmmm, Question, Will color matter? I have tons of string and in a multitude of colors. I opened the top drawer in my guest room's dresser ( I store my string yarn there ) and it was like a rainbow. I swear, I have like 50 different colors of string, I loved the purple and lilac ( from a pansy design wall hanging years ago ) Still have a ball or two in there, but then the burgundy was gorgeous as well. Then I have the metallics as well, just because I liked them. Did I ever mention I am glad the stashbusting cal didn't require us to count our stash to join :rofl I will never get through all this yarn.

:D My stash busting score is always negative if you count what's already stashed! :eek

Color is your choice, It's a Mother's Day theme/gift so use what you think would be good. It could also be good for Easter, since we will finish up before then. I like light or soft colors for these things, however, a nice burgandy or purple would be beautiful. So use what you like. It's a fairly quick design, so you can always make it in a different color. :hook

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have lurking in the Sky! CAL trying to decide whether to join but all of you in there seem to know each other and can even get together it seems and I live in the middle of a tiny town and nobody here is around me and it seemed a little :( intimidating. But maybe through this one I will get to know more of you and can come join the Sky! CAL cuz I need all the encouragement I can get to get UFO's finished. :hug

Hijacking this thread to say: Come on over to the Sky, we are a very friendly crowd. We always welcome new members, and I have only been there a little while myself. Some of us are planning a get together, but many of us haven't ever met anyone either.

As for helping get your UFO's finished...sure you will get some done, but be prepared to be encouraged into new things :rofl Take me for example, Sewnsew talked me into doing this one here :lol

I would like to come and play, too!:D I can't wait to make some new friends!:yay

I have a rather substantial stash of thread that has been crying and feeling abandoned... :rofl

...and besides, my life is lacking a little "mystery" lately (yeah, right!):lol

See you all tomorrow!

:ghug

Is there any particular color/colors we need for this? I want to get my things together today for this.

No, just what ever you want to work with. If you will keep the finished piece for yourself, make it in colors you like. If you are giving it as a gift, make it in the colors the recipiant likes. :D

I need to pay more attention to the SKY CAL, I'd like to know about getting together. I'd like to if I could get a baby sitter. :yes

I have lurking in the Sky! CAL trying to decide whether to join but all of you in there seem to know each other and can even get together it seems and I live in the middle of a tiny town and nobody here is around me and it seemed a little :( intimidating. But maybe through this one I will get to know more of you and can come join the Sky! CAL cuz I need all the encouragement I can get to get UFO's finished. :hug

We encourage...and enable (to start new projects:lol:lol) Please come by...you'll seamlessly merge with the crowd and soon feel like you've known all of us forever!:manyheart

STARTS TOMORROW...Friday, March 27, 2009....will start a new thread in the morning with the first days instructions so keep a look out!;)

:yay:yay:yay:yay

Okay I am panicng aI can't find my #7 needle and I have 3 of them. I also work tomorrow, so it will after work unles its posted early I live in the west-pacific time.

DebiAnn

Count me in too! And if you're really a fan of instant gratification in thread (or anything you like to use) come on over to the CAL folder and check out Snowflake Mondays 2009!

We love company!

I was just wondering what else we would be needing if anything besides thread and hooks. Just want to make sure I have it in the house.

Um....... if I tell what is needed, when the pattern gets worked a day or so, people may guess, but I want you to have what you need to make it, sooooooooooo, here's a bit of a ditty..... :D

You may need:

something from the kitchen

to place within

something shiney

not grimey

and embellishments too

that may be the thing for you

buttons or lace

faith and grace

mabey a ribbon or three

do you like what you see?

a string of thread

cardboard instead?

white and wet?

you bet...?

maby a can

no ~ no, oh man!

Ok, that was a riddle to see if you can guess some of the extra items needed, some may be listed, or just listed b/c it fit with the rhyme. If you really need to know b/c like me, tomorrow is payday and you are going out shopping, pm me and I'll give you a short list. However, this project has many options. It is designed to be 1 thing, but I had to make it in 3 different sizes, and figured out it can actually end up to be a few different things. So if you don't have what is listed, (1 item will be listed each day with the pattern instructions) that's ok, because the finished piece has several options to finish it off.

Hope that was funny and helpful with out being too confusing.

**There was a question as to posting time, b/c you have to go to work...I will post it as soon as the kids are out the door for school, about 8am eastern time, give or take a few minutes. So if you live on the west coast, it should be listed for you before you go to work. I will start a new thread for the CAL, called Mothers Day Mystery CAL. So keep an eye out for it. :hook

:dance:heehee:hyper:applause

OMG!

Mystery AND Poetry AND plays on words?!

I am so excited I might have an accident! :clap:yes

See you tomorrow!

:jumpyay:rofl You've got me cracking up! :rofl:rofl Mabey I should write a mystery/comedy/crochet novel/pattern book....:devil Lots of inspiration!! :woo

Archived