NEW THREAD STARTED**Mystery CAL for Mother's Day..?

heart

What size thread do you want to make the Mystery CAL in?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What size thread do you want to make the Mystery CAL in?

• size 3 thread
    • size 10 thread

NEW THREAD STARTED ;)http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=97752

We used to do these and they were so much fun... (remember the CAN PANTS?) th_Captured2007-3-2700001.jpg :D:D:D Anyway, I've been tossing a pattern idea around that would be perfect for Mothers Day. Or as a Mother's Day gift, maby Easter gift if we finish soon enough. I need you to vote on the type of thread you'd like to do the CAL in, size 3 or size 10. The poll will be open for 3 days. When the poll closes, I'll design the pattern with the type of thread you all have chosen.

For those who don't know what a Mystery CAL is, it's a fairly easy pattern, something that may give you new experiences with using thread (if you haven't yet) or just a fun easy project if you are a seasoned pro. It's for everybody. It's fun. Each Day of the CAL a few rows or rounds of the pattern is listed. You work the rows, then the next day, more rows are listed, work those...and so on. They usually only last a few days to a week. Sometimes people guess what we are making and that's fun too. In the end, you made something you had no idea what is was, which is unusual, but fun. We used to have a great time, so I thought we should do it again.

Once the poll results are in ( POLL last 3 days ) I need a few days, maby 1 week, (hopefully not that long) to work it up, test it myself, then we can get started. So watch for the NEW thread for the Mystery CAL. (It won't be posted in this thread)

What do you think? :hook

*** It's been sugested to let you know that size 3 thread is thicker than size 10. Size 3 thread is easier to work with as you use a size "D" hook, and with the size 10 thread you use a size 7 steel hook.**** Thanks loopy1 ;)

There have been a few questions as to size of thread, (I am working on the pattern now, & will have to test it in all 3 sizes) some prefer size 10 and some need to work with something thicker, so to be fair to everybody, this is what we will do.

Work with what you want to try or learn with engouragement or what you like to work with. **

Size 10 thread and size 7 steel hook

Size 3 thread and size D hook

ww cotton yarn and size F or G hook **Pattern will be written for thread, I'm working on all 3 sizes just to make sure, so everyone can join in the fun!:hook

All materials need to be cotton.......there will be added materials,,,:D but it's stuff you already have around the house or can find easily and cheap, or none at all, just leave as is. Just thought I'd let you know ahead of time. ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to do this! I used to be in a dishcloth knitalong group where it was a mystery until you were almost done. It was a lot of fun. Going to vote now.:clap (All I have is size 10, too.)

Tina

Either thread works for me. I have a few sizes even though I use it mainly for cross stitch or embroidery. I would love to try my hand at crocheting thread. It is something I have wanted to do for awhile. Will be glad to have the support while I learn:yay

Is there any chance that the mystery pattern can be made in yarn? I love mystery CAL's but thread work is just not on the books. :dreaming

I can dream up some reason why my can pants need to be super-sized... :rofl

Either thread works for me. I have a few sizes even though I use it mainly for cross stitch or embroidery. I would love to try my hand at crocheting thread. It is something I have wanted to do for awhile. Will be glad to have the support while I learn:yay

Yay! Glad you and Everyone are going to join in!! :hook:hook:hook They really are a lot of fun and there's always someone to post how to help. It's the same as working with yarn, just thinner materials.

Is there any chance that the mystery pattern can be made in yarn? I love mystery CAL's but thread work is just not on the books. :dreaming

I can dream up some reason why my can pants need to be super-sized... :rofl

Yes, just needs to be cotton, like peaches n creme or sugar n creme, though we may need to get creative in the end. :D I want it to be available to everyone.

Ok, then I am in. I just stocked up on a bunch of cotton WW yarn.

... As my stashbusting score will clearly show :wlol

Yeah, My stashbusting scores are always in the negative, so I don't post them...I can never win! :rofl:rofl:rofl I think I could go with out food so long as I had water and yarn! :D

If Sarah is doing this, then I must join in and hope I can keep up with it. I still love the can pants I made. Gave one away but still have one in the small size and one in a bigger size. Haven't starched the bigger one yet.

Now if you want to know the Can Pants story, first you have to find the adorable pattern for them; click here. Check out the paragraph after Round 8 of Day 2 where we were instructed to get a soda pop can. For the laughter, here's how the name Can Pants came to be. Hope you enjoy the story.

I voted for size 3 thread only cause I don't feel like messing with size 10 right now. Maybe your mystery pattern can be made with either? :yes

I see a few of the Sky CAL ladies here. Fantastic! Plus new ladies we can all get to know and maybe drag them into the Sky CAL :devil so they can finish up their UFO's. :yes, right (the link for the Look Up in the Sky! CAL is in my siggy). We have plenty of "enablers" in the Sky CAL to help you keep on starting new projects. :rofl

Maybe your mystery pattern with either? :yes

I've been thinking the same thing. I want to be fair to everybody.

Size 10 thread and size 7 steel hook

Size 3 thread and size D hook

ww cotton yarn and size F or G hook **Pattern will be written for thread, I'm working on all 3 sizes just to make sure, so everyone can join in the fun!:hook

All materials need to be cotton.......there will be added materials,,,:D but it's stuff you already have around the house or can find easily and cheap, or none at all, just leave as is. Just thought I'd let you know ahead of time. ;)

**adding this to the first post

Archived