NEW THREAD STARTED**Mystery CAL for Mother's Day..?

heart

What size thread do you want to make the Mystery CAL in?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What size thread do you want to make the Mystery CAL in?

• size 3 thread
    • size 10 thread

I do have a question: solid or multi color , which is better?

I have several spring colors that are solids and I have 1 thats white to med. Purple and another thats all the spring color, tad darker than pastels but not by much.

thanks for doing this. I apppreciate it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have lurking in the Sky! CAL trying to decide whether to join but all of you in there seem to know each other and can even get together it seems and I live in the middle of a tiny town and nobody here is around me and it seemed a little :( intimidating. But maybe through this one I will get to know more of you and can come join the Sky! CAL cuz I need all the encouragement I can get to get UFO's finished. :hug
Yep, we know a lot about each other and would love to know about you and for you to know about us. We are a loving, caring bunch of ladies. Honest! And funny, too.

Hijacking this thread to say: Come on over to the Sky, we are a very friendly crowd. We always welcome new members, and I have only been there a little while myself. Some of us are planning a get together, but many of us haven't ever met anyone either.

As for helping get your UFO's finished...sure you will get some done, but be prepared to be encouraged into new things :rofl Take me for example, Sewnsew talked me into doing this one here :lol

:clapLaura's here. And Daugherty, I say AMEN to what Laura said.

Ok, Im gonna have to try this. I've never done a CAL so this should be very interesting. But I don't happen to have an cans around that require new clothes.
Hey cluless...haven't seen you around since the summer secret pals of a long, long time ago. You have a stuffed alpaca, don't you? I have one now from Alpacanation and don't know what to name him.

We encourage...and enable (to start new projects:lol:lol) Please come by...you'll seamlessly merge with the crowd and soon feel like you've known all of us forever!:manyheart

:yay:yay:yay:yay

Again, AMEN!

Um....... if I tell what is needed, when the pattern gets worked a day or so, people may guess, but I want you to have what you need to make it, sooooooooooo, here's a bit of a ditty..... :D

You may need:

something from the kitchen

to place within

something shiney

not grimey

and embellishments too

that may be the thing for you

buttons or lace

faith and grace

mabey a ribbon or three

do you like what you see?

a string of thread

cardboard instead?

white and wet?

you bet...?

maby a can

no ~ no, oh man!

Ok, that was a riddle to see if you can guess some of the extra items needed...

Guessing...aluminum foil, ribbons, ribbon roses, flowers, buttons, lace, some thread or cardboard, stiffener. But No Can! Yes, some of the answers were obvious but you're probably just trying to trick us. ;)

:jumpyay:rofl You've got me cracking up! :rofl:rofl Mabey I should write a mystery/comedy/crochet novel/pattern book....:devil Lots of inspiration!! :woo
Yes, you should write a book!

I gave it up and went and bought 2 more #7's at Ben franklins.

DebiAnn

I do so miss Ben Franklin's. Wish we still had one.

Now I think there's one more post of Sarah's I need to deal with.

You can always join in :hug You'll get lots of encouragement here and at the SKY. :manyheart We're funny too, sometimes, when we get going, I kinda loose it. I think loopy1 thinks I've already lost it! :D (Lets see if she reads this post, she'll make a crack at me if she does!)
Who, me? Make wise cracks? :P We need Lea (minwifeof4boys) here to keep us in stitches and I don't mean the crochet kind! :rofl

I thought you were lost when you were away from us for so long but I'm so glad you are back. I missed you so much! See, Daugherty, how nice I can be? Yeah, that's how nice I CAN be. (uh oh, there's that CAN word again. I know, that's corny or something.)

Seriously, Sarah is one fantastic young lady. Heart is the perfect user name for her. She has lots of it! We quickly discovered that we're sisters in the Lord and that family is very important to both of us. :hug

Look at all the crocheters she has attracted to this CAL. This lady's got magnetism. :lol

Also, after I joined the Ville, she's the first one I sent an RAOK to and now I don't remember how she came to know it was from me. And she secretly sent me one back and I knew it was from her.

I know this post doesn't flow and is very choppy but I said what I wanted to say. At least I think I did. :think

Looking forward to tomorrow. I haven't picked out a thread from my stash yet but one will be there that'll work. :tup

You can call me loopy1 but I prefer Jeannie...it's more friendly, don't you think?

:manyheart

I do have a question: solid or multi color , which is better?

I have several spring colors that are solids and I have 1 thats white to med. Purple and another thats all the spring color, tad darker than pastels but not by much.

thanks for doing this. I apppreciate it.

You're welcome. Thanks for joining in. :manyheart Which ever color you like best. I'm going to work along too, (even though I've made it already:P) in a # 10, in "Shaded Pinks" so it is a verigated pink to white. I think they will be pretty no matter what color choice. So just use what you like or sometimes it's fun to use a color you don't usually use. It's nice to change up every once in a while.

I just thought I'd say I love this :manyheart smilie-y face...mabey it's the hearts...;)

Awww, Jeannie, you make me :blush. I love you too! :hug We do need Lea, I'll pm her. :hook Enabler....:yay

Who, me? Make wise cracks? :P We need Lea (minwifeof4boys) here to keep us in stitches and I don't mean the crochet kind! :rofl

I thought you were lost when you were away from us for so long but I'm so glad you are back. I missed you so much! See, Daugherty, how nice I can be? Yeah, that's how nice I CAN be. (uh oh, there's that CAN word again. I know, that's corny or something.)

Seriously, Sarah is one fantastic young lady. Heart is the perfect user name for her. She has lots of it! We quickly discovered that we're sisters in the Lord and that family is very important to both of us. :hug

Look at all the crocheters she has attracted to this CAL. This lady's got magnetism. :lol

Also, after I joined the Ville, she's the first one I sent an RAOK to and now I don't remember how she came to know it was from me. And she secretly sent me one back and I knew it was from her.

I know this post doesn't flow and is very choppy but I said what I wanted to say. At least I think I did. :think

Looking forward to tomorrow. I haven't picked out a thread from my stash yet but one will be there that'll work. :tup

You can call me loopy1 but I prefer Jeannie...it's more friendly, don't you think?

Count me in too! And if you're really a fan of instant gratification in thread (or anything you like to use) come on over to the CAL folder and check out Snowflake Mondays 2009!

We love company!

I'll be peeping in, I wanted to make a "scene" of pale pink and white snowflakes. You've seen the pink Christmas trees? They're about 2ft. tall. I'm thinking of making a window or table top decoration and thought about making a bunch of snowflakes and hanging them from string from the ceiling this year. Since I now have a baby girl, I can do pink. :yay

:)I'd like to take part in this CAL too. That way I know I'll be getting something for Mother's Day, lol.

I'll be going for the cotton yarn I think or maybe if I have time I'll use thread too.

Looking forward to getting started!:hook

I have my hook & yarn waiting for me here for tomorrow morning. I can't wait to get started this is going to be fun. Thanks for doing this CAL Heart. :manyheart

Tina

Hey Loopy,

Yes I have 2 stuffed alpacas (Alpie, and Alpasha), I have a little toy one (Alp) and I just got planetJunes stuffed alpaca pattern (skein of alpaca). You think we are making alpaca hats? Hmmm.

We quickly discovered that we're sisters in the Lord and that family is very important to both of us.

That is the most important thing in my life too. I had a lot of head knowledge about Jesus and was raised in the church all my life, but until August of 2008 I never let Christ take what I knew in my head, and apply it to my life and change my heart. And now I wonder Why did I EVER push the Lord away for so long? So I understand about that family because they are VERY important to me too!!!!! :manyheart I think that is what I like most about C'ville. A lot of the people here have a genuine love for the Lord. Glad to know I have two more sisters here.

And btw.. U can still call me Daugherty if you like, but my family calls me Donna.;)

That is the most important thing in my life too. I had a lot of head knowledge about Jesus and was raised in the church all my life, but until August of 2008 I never let Christ take what I knew in my head, and apply it to my life and change my heart. And now I wonder Why did I EVER push the Lord away for so long? So I understand about that family because they are VERY important to me too!!!!! :manyheart I think that is what I like most about C'ville. A lot of the people here have a genuine love for the Lord. Glad to know I have two more sisters here.

And btw.. U can still call me Daugherty if you like, but my family calls me Donna.;)

I do not need a new project. i do not need a new project. i donot need a newproject, idonotneedanewproject. Aw heck, this sounds like fun, and I have a few miles of number 10 thread to get rid of. I also have some number 3, but I actually have plans for that.

Archived