A Couple "Magic Ball" Hotpads

Mom w/a Motif

I did these yesterday. I had been wanting to make something with the ball of yarn I had been saving up for a while now. I was working on a pair of socks but I had to rip out everything I did and got disgusted; so I did these:

th_005-10.jpg th_002-38.jpg

th_004-20.jpg th_001-64.jpg

They are from a pattern at crochetpatterncentral, under potholders/hotpad; 'Double Thick Diagonal Potholders' from Mielke's Farm. I don't know if it is just my computer, but the link hasn't worked for it in a while.

Thanks for looking. :-)

Tina

Those turned out really cool!! I love that idea!! I may have to do that with all the little balls of cotton yarn I have right now.

Thanks for sharing!!

Julee

Those are really nice. Time to use up the magic balls that I have been saving up. I have made that patterns a couple times but never thought of using my MB's for them. Thanks for the idea.

• 1 month later...

Oh, thank you for giving me the idea of what to do with those small bits of cotton yarn I have leftover. Going to start some "magic balls" with them. :yay And, I love this potholder pattern. I've been making them as gifts along with dishcloths of the same yarn to match for a while now.

Usually I only use cotton for hotpads, too. I will do them with acrylic, though; sometimes. As long as you're not using them to take anything out of the oven with, I guess it's okay. :)

i only use cotton yarn for these but they are great made with scraps because you can hide the knots on the inside and no one ever knows...

• 2 weeks later...
i only use cotton yarn for these but they are great made with scraps because you can hide the knots on the inside and no one ever knows...

I was just thinking the same thing - this project is perfect for scraps, because you don't even have to work in the ends! Just tie tight knots and make sure the tails are inside the pad. Great! :cheer

I've made these pads out of Sugar-n-Cream Twists, and I use them all the time. It's a simple pattern that gives wonderful results.

Your magic ball creations are very nice! :cheer

• 3 weeks later...

Archived