post-11825-135897400393_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl February 28, 2009

Material:

Worsted Weight Yarn in a lighter color and a darker color

(I used RedHeart Supersaver yarn)

Size G hook

Finish Size: 5”h’5”w

Special Stitches:

Extended Double Crochet (edc): Yarn over, insert hook in st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, draw through 1 loop, yarn over, draw through 2 loops, yarn over, draw through last 2 loops.

Treble Crochet (tc): Yarn over twice, insert hook in st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, draw through 2 loops, yarn over draw through 2 loops, yarn over draw through last two loops.

Note- Rnd1 of both circle and square are worked going into the Back Backloop only. This leaves both the regular loops free to create a ridge.

Back Backloop (bb): See Diagram: Here or here

Heart:

With darker color yarn Ch7, 4 tc in 4th chain from hook, 1 dc in next chain, 1 hdc in next chain, 1 sc in next chain, ch2, turn so your working on the other side of starting chain working into the free loop, 1 sc in same st a other sc, 1 hdc in next loop, 1 dc in next loop, 4 tc in next loop, ch3 and sl st in same loop. Color change to lighter color yarn by chaining one, make sure before you make a knot to pull the sl st loop ( this will be the darker colored loop) taut so it is less noticeable. Finish off darker colored yarn.

Note: The white loop will be the chain you sc into in Rnd 1 or Circle.

Circle:

Rnd 1: Ch2, 1 sc in each of the bb of the next 4 tc, 1 hdc in each of the bb of the next dc and hdc, 1 sc in the bb of the next sc, ch1, 1 sc in the bb of next sc, 1 hdc in each of the bb of the next hdc and dc, 1 sc in each of the bb of the next 4 tc, ch2 and join with a sc to first chain. (14sts total+2 ch2 spaces and 1 ch1 space)

Rnd 2: Ch3:, 3 edc in ch2 space, 2 dc in each of the next 7 sts, 1 edc in ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 7 sts, 3 edc in ch2 space, join with slst to top of chain 3. (36sts total sc +ch3 counts as an edc)

Finish off.

Square:

Rnd 1: Join Darker color Yarn with a sl st to the bb of the 2nd dc from the 3rd edc from top. Ch5, 1 dc in same bb, [1 hdc in each of the bb of the next 2 sts, 1 sc in each of the bb of next 4 sts, 1 hdc in each of the bb of the next 2 sts, (1 dc, ch2, 1dc) all in bb of next st] Do this 3 times, 1 hdc in each of the bb of the next 2 sts, 1 sc in each of the bb of next 4 sts, 1 hdc in each of the bb of the next 2 sts, join with sl st to 3rd chain of chain 5. (40sts counting ch3)

Rnd 2: Sl st into ch2 space, ch3, (1dc. Ch2, 2 dc) all in the same ch2 space, [1 dc in each of the next 10 sts, (2dc, ch2, 2dc) all in ch2 space] Do this 3 times, 1 dc in each of the next 9 sts, 1 dc in joining of Rnd 1 (of square), join with sls t to top of chain 3. (56dc)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl February 28, 2009. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

Very nice square indeed. wish I had seen it before I started my Feb. charity squares.

I'll have to put it on 'my list' to try. It would be wonderful done like the "Sunrise/Sunset" afghan.

I'm thinking these motifs will make a lovely lapghan for my elderly neighbor who just came home from the hospital. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I Love this square! Thank you for sharing the pattern :hug:cheer:cheer:cheer It is a lovely, clean (not to busy), well organized pattern. I really like how well the heart stands out as a focal point. Beautiful design!

Archived