Your opinion on Easter Crochet Gift.

hello all. ;D

I've been working on this for sometime now, and still lots left to do.

Thank Goodness i started early for once. :P

i need your opinion and for you to use your imagination cos its still a WIP. The finished piece will be mounted on deep purple velvet. The butterfly will be crocheted over wire so as to be 3-D. I stuck this one on there to give you an idea of what I am doing (as if I truly know ;)).

Do you like it with the butterfly or without?

th_Dec08feb09033.jpg

th_Dec08feb09034.jpg

I know it needs a lacier version of a butterfly and probably not yellow/orange but that what I had for the moment. :D

This project has almost been overwhelming but It is for my precious mother.

Thanks!

Fire

Thanks everyone for the input so far.

Its unanimous.

The butterfly looks like a horrible piece of orange yarn hung on the camera lens. :P:D

Sorry redbird as I have no pattern for this.

i based it on a knotwork sketch I often doodle on paper, then kind of winged it from there...

The cross is beautiful. I love knotwork like that and I'm really impressed that you "just winged it." I like it best without the butterfly, but if the person you're giving it to really likes butterflies (or there is another special reason you want to incorporate it) you could always mount it next to the cross so that it doesn't hid the detail work on the cross itself. Or maybe position it closer to the base so that you can see the pretty colors in the top half. Either way it's a gorgeous project.

Yeah, my cousin and I agree with the most, leave it without the butterfly. My Cousin suggested, since it is for Easter and you are mounting it, maybe a lily across the bottom. I think it is beautiful just the way it is.

I like the idea of the butterfly, but I agree with the earlier post that it should be small and not directly on the cross for best effect!

It is so very beautiful. I would go without the butterfly but... it could be nice with the butterfly glued to the frame instead. I would then go with a solid colour from the varigated that you used for the cross.

Really a lovely gift to give to your mom. :hug

Archived