What is your favorite stitch to crochet?

For me, it's the "Slanted V's":

http://www.getcreativeshow.com/Crafting_Sewing_Conference_Center/craft_sewing_seminars/crochetworkshop4.htm

I discovered this stitch a few years ago, when I was working on a crocheted top that used it. It's complex enough to be interesting, but simple enough for a take-along project or a project to do while watching TV or something.

What is your favorite stitch? :hook

I love the texture of the moss stitch....which is a foundation row of (sc in next st, dc in the next st)across, then the subsequent rows work a sc in the dc and a dc in the sc. Simple but different. Beth

well I don't have just one favorite stitch I love hdc,dc,sc, shell stitch for now I'm sure I"ll come across some other ones that I will love

Of the basic stitches dc is my favorite, therefore, I like any combination that uses it, like shells. My least favorite is sc, I get really bored doing it.

I like the linked double crochet. I used it for a dog sweater and it didn't stretch and was nice and warm.

What is hhdc?

What is the linked double crochet?

For a plain stitch, I like to do half double crochets. Shells are always pretty. For something more complex, I seem to have a fascination with pineapples.

This is going to sound weird but I love the FPsc stitch. I love what it lets me do with my patterns. it may not be much to look at but it sure does great things. :wlol

Other than that, the hdc is my "natural" stitch. it is the stitch I do naturally when I start a hat.

This is going to sound weird but I love the FPsc stitch. I love what it lets me do with my patterns. it may not be much to look at but it sure does great things. :wlol

Other than that, the hdc is my "natural" stitch. it is the stitch I do naturally when I start a hat.

I love the Fp and Bp stitches also. If you use it with the double crochet tho it uses lots of yarn. To me it is worth it tho because it looks so nice.

What is the linked double crochet?

PBLKNP, I don't know where to find it online. I'll TRY to explain it.

insert hook into front loop on previous dc. YO and pull thru. That's your yo for your next dc. It's just plain dc, but your yo is thru the previous post of the dc. It makes a piece very stable.

If someone can explain it better, please do ::)

Archived