Free Man's Cardigan - Today Only

Really nice sweater but my husband would NEVER wear that color. In fact, I don't think he'd wear that pattern. It looks too girly for me.

I love it for a womans sweater though.

I doubt my husband would wear it either. He's just not much for sweaters, feminine or not. I did save the pattern to possibly make for myself one day though. I didn't care for that color, but it's made with Simply Soft, which comes in eleventy billion colors.

When I first saw it I thought it was a girl's sweater. I'm glad I'm not the only one. :lol It's a nice sweeter either way though.

Actually, I saw this and immediately thought on one of our city commissioners. It would be perfect for HIM and in Pink as well. Funny thing is Is that he would wear it too. He loves the color Pink, Maybe from having 5 daughters and no sons in the house. He has no problem wearing pink or lavender dress shirts and he is always wearing a cardigan or sweater. He has a little redness to his face, so Green is out of the question, but with his silver hair and blue eyes, I think lavender might be the better color. What do you girls think? I would need to make it longer as he has a very long waist, and I can ask Susan his size.

Looks like a womans patterns to me. My DH looks good in the dark greens, but all those cables, I don't think so. I am going to print it off anyway and probably do it as a woman's sweater for a young lady. Being that the buttonhole and button bands are done separate, you can switch sides very easy.

I saw it and thought I love this for myself never gave it a thought it was for man. Did not really look at the rest of the picture. Just went and looked again and it has mens paints.:lol No one I know would wear it but me.I could just change it so it buttons on the other side and no one would know it was for a man:yes It does look gurly to me.

I think it's the cables and the color.

I've never understood why men's and women's buttons are on different sides? Does it really matter? :think

I think it's the cables and the color.

I've never understood why men's and women's buttons are on different sides? Does it really matter? :think

I can answer this! (waving hand excitedly above head) I read somewhere it had to do with being dressed in Ye Olden Days. Aren't women's on the side that would be easiest for someone standing opposite you to do up? In other words, the lady's maid had to button up her mistress's dresses and blousons, so the buttons had to be on the 'wrong' side. :think

As for the cardigan - I hope I don't offend anyone by saying that if my husband turned up in that cardigan in that colour I'd be a bit nervous. It'd make a lovely ladies' jacket... but for men? I'm not sure...

Thanks Empress! I had forgotton to check the free pattern today and I'm glad that you caught this one. It would be beautiful for a woman but could also look nice in a deep bugundy for a man. Great pattern!

I can answer this! (waving hand excitedly above head) I read somewhere it had to do with being dressed in Ye Olden Days. Aren't women's on the side that would be easiest for someone standing opposite you to do up? In other words, the lady's maid had to button up her mistress's dresses and blousons, so the buttons had to be on the 'wrong' side. :think

That's interesting... Though I don't think I'd ever notice if someone's buttons were on the wrong side. :lol

Can someone tell me what you would need nail polish or fabric glue for? I have heard people put it on the buttons so they dont peel or change colors, is that what its for?

Add a drop of glue or clear nail polish to secure the knot.And also I was reading that you can add drop of nail polish or glue to the button so that they wont be loose.There might be some other reason as you have asked too.:)

this is little interesting.http://www.fiber-images.com/Free_Things/Hints_and_Tips/free_hints_tips_yarn_crafts.html

I saw it and thought I love this for myself never gave it a thought it was for man. Did not really look at the rest of the picture. Just went and looked again and it has mens paints.:lol No one I know would wear it but me.I could just change it so it buttons on the other side and no one would know it was for a man:yes It does look gurly to me.

Same here.:lol

Until someone mentioned it here on Crochetville (in another post) I went back and looked at it and noticed the pants. :lol

I don't think it really matters where buttons are. I have another shirt that has buttons on the other side (it was in the womens section--I guess put in the wrong place:)) and I don't care. I just realized it one day when I was putting it on.

Debbi

Archived