Finally finished sampler 'ghan

breeze530

Kay,

I had to change the hook size on some squares to make them match. I also added a row extra around some. They are all approx. 7" with the sc border row/rows & they are laid out 8x6=48 squares. But it's bigger than you would think becayse I did another border row of chain 3, skip 2, sc loops all around & then put them together with a chain 3, sl st in each loop. I had to fudge a little on some of the squares with extra stitches to make them fit, but it all worked out. It gave it a sort of braided loop effect between the squares which I like a lot. This is a way of joining I made up & have used before with 12" Homespun squares. I HATE sewing squares together.

Hi, Bev.

Hi, Bev.

I love your sampler. Probably the best one I've seen because of the variety. How on earth did you manage to keep the squares the same size/gauge while using various pattern sources??? It's far more interesting than making one from a sampler leaflet with a "canned" pattern, which I've done.

Kay (one of your pals from the about.com forum)

Nancy,

It's actually White. I had to edit my photos to show the detail & that made it come out looking off-white or ecru, instead of the white is actually is. Glad you enjoyed seeing it.

This sampler in off white is just beautiful.

Nancy

Archived