Crochet World magazine and Katchkan

rascalsmom

I ordered a "free issue" of Crochet World magazine, in the hopes of getting the issue that had that really cute Gingerbread Man doily in it. Alas, I didn't get that one, but the upcoming February issue. :(

BUT!!! In that issue (February '09) is a pattern from my very favorite designer in the world, our own Katchkan! :clap It's a lovely Tea Rose tablecloth, done in filet.

Kudos, Kathy!! It's gorgeous.

Yes, I got it yesterday. First Crochet World that I've really been impressed with. I like the vest, Kim Guzman's afghan and the felted project tote.

You can see all the Feb 2009 projects here ...http://www.crochet-world.com/inthisissue.html (well.. at least until the next issue comes out. :) )

I stopped subscribing because they didn't have too many items, but this issue is really nice! I also liked the last issue. I'll have to see if I kep buying it. I have a supermarket by me and they usually have this. I think I'll wait to make sure it's in the store.

Can't wait to get my copy! Especially with Kathy's gorgeous pattern in it :D I've been getting these since fall 05, and save every issue. (admittedly, some are very thin in terms of patterns I like, but...)

And so you should Kathy! You deserve it. That looks like a gorgeous pattern, from what I can see online. I'm excited to see it a little more "up close" :) ( I'm a relative minor, not a pro like you, and I still get a rush seeing my babies in the CPAD :D)

Congratulations!!! I flipped through a copy at guild last week and there are gorgeous designs throughout the book.

I wish my copy would hurry up and come! I really hate it when subscribers get their copies so late after the issue appears on the newstand!

I subscribed, too, and just recieved my first issue. I can't find the magazine here (there are plenty of craft and hobby stores with lots of other magazines available) so i figured a subscription was the way to go. I'm up to my neck in other projects but am looking forward to trying the sweetheart afghan (maybe as a baby blanket in light and darker pink). I also plan to make the sweetheart cap. There's a few more projects I might try, but not anytime soon (I already have a huge to-do list. I was very pleased with this issue.

My copy arrived yesterday and it seems my to do list is getting longer and longer!!!! There are so many beautiful projects to do and Kathy, yours is at the top of my list.

LOL...........................I'm making the scarflette right now. I started it yesterday.

Carol:hook

I like CW more now than when I first saw it. I just subscribed. I just made the mittens in the Feb. issue by Babara Roy. They fit very well.

I am waiting for my copy to arrive and am already planning on making the sweetheart ripple afghan, but I was wondering if someone who already has this issue would tell me what type of yarn this pattern requires? I would like to buy the yarn before my issue arrives.

I am waiting for my copy to arrive and am already planning on making the sweetheart ripple afghan, but I was wondering if someone who already has this issue would tell me what type of yarn this pattern requires? I would like to buy the yarn before my issue arrives.

Not positive with looking, but I THINK it's size 20 thread.

I can't tell which you mean, so here's both:

Sweetheart Ripple is Caron Simply Soft Heather: 6 skeins each 9505 Plum Heather and 9506 Deep Plum Heather

THe Tea Rose Tablecloth is 2600 yds of size 20 crochet cotton, white

Archived