Crochet World magazine and Katchkan

rascalsmom

I am waiting for my copy to arrive and am already planning on making the sweetheart ripple afghan, but I was wondering if someone who already has this issue would tell me what type of yarn this pattern requires? I would like to buy the yarn before my issue arrives.

My pattern notes indicate:

• Caron “Simply Soft Heather” medium (worsted) weight yarn (5 oz/250 yds/228m/142g): 6 skeins #9501 Autumn Red (MC)
  • Caron “Simply Soft” medium (worsted) weight yarn (6 oz/315 yds/288m/170g): 4 skeins #9730 Autumn Red (CC)

I used almost every single bit of the Heather (MC), so I would recommend 7 skeins to be on the safe side.

However, I haven't seen the issue yet to make sure that everything is the same as the way I originally wrote it. I would have to see it in order to make sure.

My pattern notes indicate:

• Caron “Simply Soft Heather” medium (worsted) weight yarn (5 oz/250 yds/228m/142g): 6 skeins #9501 Autumn Red (MC)
  • Caron “Simply Soft” medium (worsted) weight yarn (6 oz/315 yds/288m/170g): 4 skeins #9730 Autumn Red (CC)

I used almost every single bit of the Heather (MC), so I would recommend 7 skeins to be on the safe side.

However, I haven't seen the issue yet to make sure that everything is the same as the way I originally wrote it. I would have to see it in order to make sure.

Sweetheart Ripple is Caron Simply Soft Heather: 6 skeins each 9505 Plum Heather and 9506 Deep Plum Heather

My copy also lists the same colors and amounts as k and c quotes. I was actually wondering about this, since I noticed on the ravelry page, you listed the amounts and colors you mentioned above. So what I understand is that it takes more of the lighter color. Is this correct?

By the way - I love this pattern. I don't normally get this magazine, but when I saw this design, I knew that this was an afghan I need to make. It's really lovely.

Kim gives the correct colors for the afghan. For some strange reason the colors were changed by the tech editor; the colors I posted are the ones in the pattern in the magazine. Obviously the designer knows what she worked with.To get the same results, you will need to use those colors.

Our bad. Apologies all around.

Kim gives the correct colors for the afghan. Our bad. Apologies all around.

Oh, goodness! There is no need for apologies at all! :hug

No one could possibly have known that the colors were changed. I didn't even know. :lol

I've noticed that there are a lot of people starting the afghan and they are choosing their own colors anyway. I chose the colors because I absolutely love the look of putting one of the Heather line colors together with its match in the regular Simply Soft line. Nothing wrong with putting the dualing colors of plum from the Heather line either. But, to me, the afghan looks red, not purple. Not sure what wires got crossed, but it's really okay.

:manyheart

My copy also lists the same colors and amounts as k and c quotes. I was actually wondering about this, since I noticed on the ravelry page, you listed the amounts and colors you mentioned above. So what I understand is that it takes more of the lighter color. Is this correct?

By the way - I love this pattern. I don't normally get this magazine, but when I saw this design, I knew that this was an afghan I need to make. It's really lovely.

Thank you, Leah! :)

Yes, there are about 500 yards more of the lighter color needed.

This is a wonderful issue. I plan on making the afghan everyone is talking about for the county fair.

Also, the baby blue afghan looks great, and has a built in border. I love that idea.

Also, the Sweetheart Cap is so cute and easy. And with a few color changes can be made for a boy, as well as a girl. Made my first one last night and it turned out very cute.

I'm glad my issue finally came.

:manyheart

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FOUND it!! In our market store here!!! Usually one can NEVER find a crochet magazine in this town. And here I was today at the local market, and there is was, yelling at me, "OVER HERE, OVER HERE JOANN", and I look, and yes, it was me the magazine was calling, so I put the haircolor kit back and got the magazzine, and LOVE LOVE LOVE your design Kathy, that will be made for real!! In spring summer, is my thread crochet time, winter is my yarn time...yea yea, goofy I am..

Hugs and THANK YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFUL DESIGNS!!

JoAnn:yay

Archived