What are your crochet goals for next year?

2. I have already started a list of things that I would like to get made for Christmas next year. I already have a tote set aside for that and have a few items already in it, mostly just items that I can use as those unexpected gifts for people that just suddenly pop up at the last minute :lol.

4. I would also like to do more RAOK this year off of the Wishing Well Lists, as that it so much fun!!!! I kinda fell off the bandwagon a little bit as finances got tighter than I wanted them to be:(. But, I am planning on starting a little change jar and using that money to buy little items and pay for postage!!!! :D:)

Great ideas! I definitely could use my change jar to do more RAOK. I have several planned to do between now and the end of the year but I think I'll try to do at least one a month next year. That's great.

I love the idea of setting aside a tote to put completed gifts in. I have a small plastic tote for each member of my family that I buy/make for but just a general one would be good too. I put the individual or family's name on the outside and then when I buy or make something for them I write it in my little notebook in my purse and then put it into their tub. That way when I'm out I can glance through my notebook (organized by family) and see who I still have left to make or buy for. It keeps me from overspending or forgetting anyone. :hook

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next year I will:

• Start making Christmas gifts earlier!! Then I can make more. :hook

• I've been dreaming of a tree skirt for my Christmas tree. I had planned it two years ago. Next year I will have it. :D

• Make that queen-size bedspread I've been planning. I got the yarn 6 mos. ago, now I just have to get to it! :hook

• Try to stick to using my stash as much as possible ... which pretty much means I shouldn't read here cuz you guys are always posting about sales and clearances and yadda yadda yadda. There is waaaaay too much temptation here! :eek:devil

1. I promise to do the most good I can with my crochet hook. I make ami's and leave them around or give them to charity ect.

2. I'd like to make more gifts next year, maybe? Not sure.

3. I'd like to make my honey a RR.

4. Make more things for my family.

5. Maybe get away from so many stuffies and try something else, but I don't know!

1. use up my entire yarn stash (I have quite a stash!) before buying any more

2. make gifts for next Christmas

3. learn amigurumi

4. make a rainbow scarf (I saw one ages ago and have never gotten around to making it)

1. Pick projects that won't take a full year to complete! I don't give myself enough time to crochet and then I pick HUGE projects to work on. Right now, I'm about 3/4 through an antique filet peacock on a pedestal but I think I started it in March!

2. Filet crochet has gotten close to my heart so I want to continue making pictures, mostly of animals and birds. Then mount them and frame them, then donate them to nonprofit animal and bird rescues for resale. There are fabulous designs in The Dancing Lizard, though this book is thought to be for knitters.

3. Get rid of yarn and pattern books I'll never use and don't even remember having! I've already done a little bit on eBay and on C'ville but I've barely scratched the surface! I've got to learn to not be so impulsive and buy everything in sight!

I want to make some Snowflakes, think I'll join Snowflakes Monday.

Finish all current projects, I know I want get them done this year. URGH, I had a spell of not crocheting.

I'm going to start making a few Christmas gifts, to put away for next Christmas. At least 2 things each month. Potholder's, dishcloths, etc.

I have 2 afghan's I want to make for myself. That I plan to keep.

There is a couple of thread project's I want to make. I have the thread ready to roll, but haven't had the time.

I'm sure I can come up with more. But as of right now this is my plan.

Lynn

I have a few :lol

1. finish the Afghan of the Sandman blanket for cousin's new baby

2. make a ripple (regular ripple not the round ripple) for my youngest son

3. I have a horned owl pattern to make for my youngest son too

4. the afghan for my little sister consists of squares, so my intention is to do 2 squares/month and be done in time for her bday in August

5. make a FBB for me!

6. some other amigurumis I've had my eye on

and I have 2 sackboys to make by Christmas :lol

This is a great question and I have already got my answer....

After working so hard these past two months crocheting up gifts I have decided that i will start making gift items and set them aside for when needed.

I plan to continue my heart's content crocheting for the local Veternarian clinic where I adopted my foxie this is a ongoing project ..

I also plan to crochet some Ami's

And like i said more gift Items for christmas and for Raks/ Roaks...

And more and more scarfs and mittens...

So I got lots of things in mind just hope to have the health to do them..

hugs

Lillibet

1-Now that I have knack of making wearables...make more clothes for me and DH

2-Use up alot of the novelty yarns I have built up.

3-Get back to knitting socks

4-Start charity items earlier

5-LEARN to WRITE down my original designs

6-Be more patient and less critical of myself

7-Be more patient and less critical of others

"3. Get rid of yarn and pattern books I'll never use and don't even remember having! ... I've got to learn to not be so impulsive and buy everything in sight! "

You hit the nail on the head Birdlady, but it isn't just buying, it's also the free internet patterns that get to me.

What a good question. It made me think long and hard about my crocheting--

First and foremost I MUST USE UP MY STASH !!! It's starting to get ridiculous. My house is fairly small and I am fairly disorganized, so yarn is everywhere-- I need to get it under control. Secondly, I would like to make myself a gorgeous sweater now that I am nearly at my goal weight (9 more pounds to go!) and finally back to a size medium. After that I will just crochet whatever suits my fancy...

Great topic:yes.

1. Hmmm, I'm not going to promise to stop buying yarn. I will try but I failed at it when I promised to do that a year ago. I will try to limit how much I buy and organize what I do have.

2. I will make an afghan (or 2) for me. I've made several this year and they've all been gifts. I've bought the yarn to make 2 for me but it's just taking up valuable stash space.:devil

3. I will make a supply of crocheted gifts to have "just in case." This doesn't mean that I won't make something special for anyone. This year I was racing to make 7 or 8 baby blankets for babies due over a 3 month span. I think I'll try to have one for a boy, one for a girl and one that would be suitable for either. I usually have a few pair of slippers on hand to give out as gifts.:hug

That's it for now...:)

I just thought of another one. :blush

I am going to try to not do so much testing. I am truly addicted to testing for Kathy, because I just love her designs, and I really like the challenge of testing.

However, I really don't get too much else made, and my doily drawer is getting quite full!! :lol I have a really hard time parting with the doilies I make--especially Kathy's!--unless I know going into it that I am making it for someone else.

Is there a "Doilies Anonymous" out there?? :eek

:) I have seen lots of ideas here that I need to do also. Ty all for some great ideas, although I can't part with my patterns, I am always looking for more more more :lol:lol. So that won't be one I will be participating this year.

How fun! I'm going to jump in with you all and use up some of this yarn I have as well.

I keep saying I'm going to make something for charity and never do so I'll work on that this year.

Get going on some spring afghans.. something light this time with light colors

And maybe this year I'll actually try to make a Layette (sp?) set.

Kelley

My goal, use up all the yarn I have. I have several small balls so I am going to make a couple of lapaghans for the nursing home I work at. I actually need to sort thru my yarn, cause I have some I don't like to wok with and need to get it out so someone else can use it. Plus I am going to go thru my books and such, have some that I don't use<baby/toddler>. Want to make a couple afaghans, try makin some socks and make a couple sweaters out of crochet dude's book. Good luck everyone, will be looking forward to seeing how we all do.

I see these as crochet resolutions Feederofthepack.

Some of mine are like others but I'll list them anyway.

1. Make pet blankies for the humane society.

2. Destash my yarn & pattern inventory. I have more than I need & always need to go get more yarn when I'm doing a special project anyway because the one yarn or color that I need or prefer is not in my stash, that is a given!:lol I also need to learn to adapt projects around my yarn. I'm bad about wanting to do a pattern that needs something other than what I have...I want to stop doing that or work it with what I have on hand that's close.

3. Make a wearable for me

4. Make some generic gifts for next Christmas or birthdays (great idea!)

5. Start a change jar for mailing costs (I have one already but I don't contribute to it enough).

6. Start a pattern catalog with dividers for each category. e.g. kitchen, squares, wearables, accessories. I tried this before & didn't stick with it so I'm going to try again. It will make it easier to find the pattern I need & also help with resolution #2

7. Make more snowflakes for next Christmas. I was in the CAL for them but my hands gave out with the thread work. I gave some of my flakes away (on gifts & in cards) so I want to make more for 2009. I am only left with about 20 flakes now, that are on my tree.

Ok here are my crochet goals for next year:

1. I want to start making dog sweaters
  2. to try working on cable stitch
  3. to improve on edging
  4. to make myself something to wear
  5. I also want to start Christmas gifts early
  6. to try and make mittens
  7. also to try and use my yarn stash before buying more

funny thing is I thought of this hopefully I will be able to complete this with the community's help at least I've joined one of the Cals so there will be plenty of things of next year's Christmas

This was hard! :think I looked at this post when it was first started and had to think about it. But, I think I have set some goals...

:yarn I've already purchased the yarn, and I am going to make a baby afghan for the "Vanna's Choice" contest. The deadline is February 1, so I'd better get started! The finished product will be a gift for my niece (maybe!), who is expecting her first child in the spring. :yay "DONE!" :yay

:yarn I didn't finish my Christmas Stocking I was working on this year. :( Even though it's not crochet (counted cross-stitch), it's still going to be a major goal for 2009!

:yarn I'm going to finish a shawl I started for my daughter. It's a filet crochet project with a butterfly on the back.

:yarn I'm going to participate in the 2009 Stashbusting CAL. I've accumulated a lot of yarn in 2008! :yes

:yarn I'm going to work on things that make me happy! :hook I'm not sure what all of them might be. :think Every time I read this board, I get inspired to start something else! :crocheting

I have been debating this question myself since it was posted.

I didn't do anything I planned for 2008 so I am leery of setting any goals at all. I wanted to make 2008 the Year of the Baby but I just couldn't get into making those little things for some reason. Well the whole year was pretty much a crochet bust.

However...

I do want to do serious damage to my stash this (next) year. I just have to get it pared down to a reasonable level somehow.

I have started a scarf CAL for each month and I want to give long thought and effort to representing each month as a scarf. I need to push my creativity again. It's been running on empty for a while... need a boost there.

I want to begin to write my patterns as I make them and so get them posted instead of sitting as piles of note papers. it is actually easier to type the instructions rather than writing them out but I just haven't developed the habit yet.

And of course... I have to do serious damage to that WIP pile as well. :wlol

I have a cousin who is willing to take shawls now :woo

I was just thinking about this the other day. I have quite a few things I want to get accomplished for next year.

1. Make a baby blanket & car seat blanket for a friend of mine.

2. Make a lap blanket for my mom.

3. Make a blankie for friend #1's first daughter

Of course 2&3 are Christmas presents I want to get done far before Christmas.

1. Make more wearables. I recently finished my first baby sweater and I LOVED working on it. Now I want to make some adult wearables.
  2. Learn some new techniques.
  3. Start on Christmas gifts in January!!
  4. Make socks.
  5. Make some little dresses for my DD and niece for this summer.
  6. Start taking pictures of my finished items and post them!!!!!!!!!
  7. Make scarves and hats for charities.

That's about it!! Looks like 2009 will be busy!!!

Archived