What are your crochet goals for next year?

Seems like my goals are always the same, and I never achieve them. :(

I am going to make a concerted effort to do the following this year.

1. Make new snowflakes for my tree. Mine are 20+ years old, and are showing their age. I think the Snowflake Mondays are a great idea, and I might just have to devote each Monday to making a new one.

2. Crochet a bunch of gifts ahead of time, create a sort of "gift stash". This would include things like scarves, coasters, maybe slippers or slipper socks, stuff like that. Then I might not feel so unprepared next Christmas. I already know of some scarf patterns I want to try.

So, do you already do these things? I always have good intentions, but never can pull myself away from doilies to do them! :lol

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Learn thread crochet. Then make snowflakes.

Finish my RR I am working on now.

Finish the baby blanket I am working on.

Make some toys for my new great nephew for when he gets here.

Use up more scraps.

Oh ya I forgot.

Make some baby stuff for the hospital near me.

Make a couple purses.

Hey rascalsmom, your #2 is a great idea. I have a friend who loves to make baby sweaters even though she doesn't know any babies or tots but she saves them and when someone in her church has one she gives them one, but it hadn't occurred to me to make gifts ahead of time. That would definitely save me from feeling defeated like I do now because I'm behind on my Christmas gift making.

What I want to accomplish next year is:

1. To learn some new tecniques.

2. Make tops to wear.

3. Maybe make my first full-sized blanket.

4. Some charity work (i.e., chemo or baby caps)

My goals are:

1. Empty my Rubbermaid tub of WIP

2. Charity Crochet commitments

3. Make a round Ripple

4. Learn a couple new techniques - Tunisian and Rice Stitch

5. Pineapple Doily Rug for a wall hanging

6. Afghans for Christmas presents for kids I know.

7. Reduce the stash (so I can buy more!)

If I get #1 done it will be a miracle!!

I have been thinking about this myself. Glad that you made a post about it rascalsmom to help keep me motivated :D. I have lots of goals in mind.

1. I am learning thread crochet and have accomplished some bookmarkers/bookthongs and would like to venture on to some other thread projects.

2. I have already started a list of things that I would like to get made for Christmas next year. I already have a tote set aside for that and have a few items already in it, mostly just items that I can use as those unexpected gifts for people that just suddenly pop up at the last minute :lol.

3. Do more charity work than I got accomplished this year. It seems that once school started back in August, my charity stuff went down hill as I ran out of time, so I plan to start working on squares and stuff now and put them in their own special tote.

4. I would also like to do more RAOK this year off of the Wishing Well Lists, as that it so much fun!!!! I kinda fell off the bandwagon a little bit as finances got tighter than I wanted them to be:(. But, I am planning on starting a little change jar and using that money to buy little items and pay for postage!!!! :D:)

5. I would also like to go through all my patterns, as I just got them all organized, AGAIN, and pick out some things that to make.

I like the idea of making gifts ahead of time...think I'll make that mine, too! :devil

Seriously, my other goals are to use up more of my stash and to do more charity knitting. I have enough leftover baby yarn to make a scrap baby afghan or several caps.

I would like to....

-have some scarves, baby blankets, small totes/baskets on-hand for gifts

-continue charity work, maybe even something for my work (nursing home) when I leave in the summer

-large Santa/reindeer filet for buffet for next year from the last Crochet Today

Laudable goals, ladies! My 2009 crochet resolutions are:

1. Learn tapestry crochet. I love Carol Ventura's cat and dog purses, and I want one of each for myself. I have some nieces that might like these, too, but who's kidding who, it's really just for me.

2. Jumpin' on the Finish WIPs bandwagon. I've had the Daisy skirt on top of the bookshelf for over two years now, and the yarn for a cocoon sweater which I haven't even started. I must do them.

3. I'd love to make more snowflakes for my tree next year, too, but I've made that goal for three years in a row now and still not accomplished it. Maybe 2009? (Hey, I wanted to learn entrelac one year and I taught myself, so I can stick to these sometimes!)

4. Maybe try some more wearables again. Some of the StitchDiva or other tops maybe. I know myself, though, and I won't hand wash items, so finding something that will look good, can be thrown in the washer, and won't cost an arm and a leg may not be easy to accomplish.

Patty

It is never too early to be thinking of goals for next year. My goals are to:

1. Finish that blue and black afghan...it has become an UFO (unfinished object) and I would like to get it finished so it isn't just staring at me mocking me.

2. Do some stash busting. I have lots of yarn, so now I need to find projects to use it up. After all, then I can buy more.

3. Take more pictures of my finished objects and post them. Ever since I moved this summer, I have not taken a picture of any finished items to post, or just for my own records. I have been most remiss.

4. Make a replacement advent calendar for my mom. I meant to do this project this past summer, and then we bought a house and moved, so needless to say it did not get done. This is a pretty ambitious goal as I know it will take a lot of time, but it will be worth it when my mom sees it.

I guess those are my major goals. Here is hoping I can at least accomplish some of them.

Great idea! I've been thinking of my new years' resolutions but not much about my crochet ones! Scoobydoo- that RAOK idea using leftover change sounds wonderful! I may try something like that. :manyheart

Ok, here are mine:

1) finish my WIP's. All of them.

2) make something for ME! :D

3) build up a stash of ww. Most of my yarns are novelty or fun ones...it would help a ton if I had a bigger ww stash to choose from.

4) build a stash of gifts. I am frantically crocheting my hands off to finish Christmas stuff, it would help so much if I just got them done ahead of time.

5) rr for my daughter- she picked out the yarn and has been waiting as patiently as a 5-year old can wait. She really, really wants an rr.

6) do more charity crochet.

For me my goals for crocheting are:

1. Learn to do cables. I have a book with 53 cable designs to do.

2. Make my 2nd doily in thread crochet (nothing elaborate,I have an easy pattern for one)

3. Have smaller gift sets made up for next christmas

4. Finish the 2 projects I have put aside (my daughters shall and a skirt for whoever)

5. Have fun and not overwhelm myself with trying to make something for everyone for christmas like I did this year. Thus the smaller project resolution.

Thanks for starting this thread. Excellent !

For 2009:

1) Use up as much of my stash as possible. Not that I won't buy a little yarn here and there, but definitely use more than I buy.

2) Give some items to charity, keep some items for the gift stash.

3) Makes some pretty dishcloths/washcloths for my own kitchen/bathroom. One each week for Dishcloth Tuesdays.

4) Perhaps try thread crochet. I'm not terribly patient with the small thread, but I'd like to try.

(5) Learn to make socks.

I hear ya~last year I was very excited that I would have a tree skirt and nativity crocheted~DIDN'T HAPPEN! LOL! I guess I have the same desires, as well as crocheting each of my four children a blanket. If I could get some rugs in there I'd be very pleased, but OH the yarn it takes.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

ETA that I would like to also be more active in squares for comfortghans.

Currently, I am thinking I would like to:

1. Keep current with the Snowflake Mondays CAL (we will be starting fresh in 2009 - come join us :D)

2. Design at least 2 snowflakes for the CAL.

3. Submit a pattern to a publication.

4. Rework the back of my first garment attempt so it is wearable.

5. Finish my 'test squares blanket' for my side of the bed.

6. April Showers scarf.

7. presents for family and friends.

8. Do something with the Opal sock yarn in my stash.

:hook

This is always a fun idea. I wouldn't exactly call these "resolutions," but these are some of my planned projects for 2009:

1. Finish crocheting and writing patterns for 3 purse designs.

2. Do a painted doily with motifs (already have the thread for this project, but haven't chosen a pattern).

3. Do another Bruges doily--I DO have the pattern picked for this one, but haven't decided on the color/colors.

4. Make socks--just because it is so much fun.

5. After making a camo blanket for my son and then a pink camo round ripple for my youngest daughter, it seems that I should give some thought to making blankets/afghans for my other two daughters. So, I plan to think about it. :-)

Crocheting is my hobby-- I love to relax while crocheting and listening to audiobooks. I love seeing pretty things take shape in my hands. I don't want to do anything to turn it into something stressful that I "have" to do, so all plans are subject to change as the mood strikes me...

Oooh, what a good question! I'm going to have to combine my knit and crochet goals here.

Well, here's some things I'd like to get done off the top of my head:

1. Make some snowflakes. Maybe I'd better join the Snowflake Monday CAL! :)
  2. Make a thread doily to really get the hang of thread crochet.
  3. Learn to do thread crochet to gauge so I can make my mom an Annie's thread bed doll! I've tried doing thread crochet a few times and my gauge was always off so it never worked right. I will get this!!!
  4. Complete at least one of my three (?) incomplete Afghans in progress!
  5. I'd ideally like to knit one charity preemie cap per week.
  6. Knit myself a properly fitting seamless fair isle sweater! :eek
  7. Crochet my yearly afghan... gotta pick my family member who gets it first!
  8. Design and crochet a wearable for myself (likely some sort of jacket or sweater).
  9. Get my stash tidied up and inventoried. (I can just picture my mom laughing at me right now for that goal!) :lol
  10. Work down my stash a bit. Probably should join the stashbusting game. (Yes, I'm picturing more laughing from my mom) :manyheart

Oh well, they're goals anyhow. Even if I hit half I'll be doing well I think! :hook

I got back in to crochet a little too late this year to make gifts so my plan is to start a family care package that I can fill with toys for my neices and nephews, scarves and throws for my siblings and parents and then send off once I've got something for everyone. I would also like to start designing some larger amigurumi and maybe setup an etsy shop for the patterns to pay the yarn bills. I'd also like to make some cat toys to donate to a local no-kill shelter where I got my fur baby Sasha. :)

I am going to try and do the following 2009:

• Each month have one Christmas gift complete for the 2009 Christmas
  • Make at least 1 Care Bear afghan (I already have the book)
  • Make 1 Care Bear with worsted weight yarn (I already have the book)
  • Have a birthday gift completed at least 1 week before the person's b-day
  • I bought 2 crochet afghan patterns from Lion Brand so I am going to do that
  • Learn filet crochet
  • Crochet a sweater for myself & my husband
  • Crochet my husband a pair of socks
  • Crochet my dog a blanket
  • Crochet my dog a sweater
  • Crochet my cats some toy mouses
  • Crochet washcloths for my bathroom
  • Learn to Crochet Snowflakes (I will probably join the Snowflakes Monday CAL)

I only want to make myself a Seraphina and a pair of fingerless gloves.

If I can accomplish that, I will be happy. I have the yarn, just need to make the time. Everyone else's stuff always comes first.

Okay, Can't let this pass by. I'm actually planning on looking back on this post from time to time to keep me motivated! :yes

Let's see:

First and foremost - finish all my wip before I start anything new

Second - Try to keep my yarn stash from getting any bigger by using a lot of what I have stored up.

Third - Decide how to store my patterns and books so that they are easy to get to.

Fourth - Try out new things and learn new skills. Work on some projects that I had never tried to do before.

And last but not least - Try to keep my new wip down to only one or two at a time instead of opening a storage container months down the road and wondering what that half done pattern was eventually going to be. :think

:yes :yes :yes

My goals are to 1. Make all christmas gifts. 2. To make myself a sweater 3. To do more for charities. 4. Use up my stash.

Chances are I will only get 1/2 these goals completed. :lol But one can always dream.

I really feel like I didn't get much accomplished this year and am planning to do so much better next year. Here are my goals for Crochet in 2009:

1. Keep a photo album of all the things that I make. Even if its just a dishcloth I want to keep a record. I'm going to try to find one where you can write next to the photo and record what it was made with, why I made it and maybe even the pattern I used. I think it would be neat to see what I've done throughout the year. Plus I am constantly giving things away without photographing them first. Ugh.

2. Complete more projects for charity. I always have such good intentions but keep putting my chairty projects on the back burner. I'm going to try to do better and do at least 1 charity project a month.

3. Make more things for my daughter. I keep putting off her projects and telling myself I can always do things for her 'later'. Well that's not true, she's already outgrown some of the things I wanted to do for her. She is going to be my top crochet priority from now on.

4. Complete at least 1 crochet project a week. Even if its something simple and small. Being a stay at home mom to a 1 year old doesn't leave much time to crochet but I'm going to set aside some time each week (either a little bit each day or a larger chunk one day per week) and get something done.

5. Try new things. I tend to make the same things over and over and never try new things. Usually its because I'm afraid it won't turn out but next year I'm going to be brave and branch out.

I need to print this out and tape it up somewhere where I'll actually see it and maybe I'll stick with it.

Archived