2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my order from Mary Maxim today. 14 skeins worth but 2 of those skeins of yarn are definantly going back. I was REALLY disappointed with the Bamboo Soft Stripes by MM. I paid 18 bucks (9/skein) for 2 skeins of what sounded like amazing sock yarn and it turned out being a very bad buy. I was sooooo excited too. I'd never bought really nice yarn for socks before and I really wanted to make my mom and I a really nice pair of socks. Oyy, that's so depressing. Anywho, When those to skeins go back to MM I will be able to add 4 points to my score again but for now I get to add -28.

Wait, I forgot, used a ball of cotton up today. That's -27. YAY!!

Julee

I went to bed early last night, just too exhausted. I did manage to finish up a skein of black and half of several skeins this week.... I will tally everything on Saturday for my grand total for the week.

Ellie13 Congratulations You go girl

Well I didn't get much done working on a v-stitch scarf out of Bernat Satin Sport and I will need to get some more yarn to make my grandmother's afghan for her birthday want to start on the afghan now to get ahead start even though her birthday isn't until Sept

Well, I knew I was in trouble when I saw the two giant totes full of yarn that someone had donated to our knitting/crochet group.

I came home with 23 skeins! And my husband had said no more buying yarn. Well, this was free! So it doesn't count, does it?

I used up one skein this week so it doesn't look very good for my score.

WTD=-60 YTD=-58

But it needed a good home and I welcomed the yarn with open arms (and bags).

:manyheart

I had posted this earlier and had to adjust because someone else gave me more yarn, so now I am really in the running for "Shoot the Moon". Yikes.

...I came home with 23 skeins! And my husband had said no more buying yarn... But it needed a good home and I welcomed the yarn with open arms (and bags).

:manyheart

On behalf of all orphaned yarn in the world, I'd like to commend you for giving a good home to this poor, homeless yarn. The world is a far better place because of your generosity!

:hug:manyheart:yarn

I am sooo excited!!!!

For the first time since Valentine's week, I can post something positive!

so far, I used 2 skeins on a scarf: +4

and 3 balls on squares: +3

oooh, baby! I am on a ROLL! :woo:yay

be back later... gotta update my siggy and get back to :crocheting while it's :flying!

I finally got through some yarn today!LOL 2 balls of yarn so I can count +2 for this week. I have some yarn coming from Mary Maxim in a couple of kits. Don't know how much is in that box yet!!! First big buy since the first of the year. Wonder if it will kill my YTD score!!!!!!!LOL

And so it begins...

I went shopping today for whatever reason and I had to buy my "get me home sanely on the bus yarn".

That would be a big minus 6 for me. However, with the charity squares this weekend I hope to finish another skein for a plus 4 on that side. Will let you know about midnight tomorrow if I can do any better.

I finished my bunny :clap. Just need to do whiskers and give him a bow. He's really cute. I'm going to try and get 2 or 3 more done for Easter, that should finish off the pound of white :cheer.

I have some great news. I'm a finalist in the Vanna's Choice contest! :cheer:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay:cheer!

Ellie 13

Congrats for your pattern getting accepted

I'm going to go ahead and post for the week since I doubt I'll get through the pounder I'm working on tomorrow. I found a lonely skein of RHSS in light periwinkle (though it looks blue to me!) in the clearance aisle at Wallyworld, and it came home with me to play with all the rest of my yarn. So my score this week is:

WTD -2/YTD +37

And I should get back into the positives next week!

I'm going to be gone most of the weekend so I'm going to go ahead and post my score. Finished a lot of things but didn't make so much as one point.

WTD: -14 YTD: +31

Okay I have time so I will post this now. So I am like 5 rows from finishing my neon round ripple, and that will be in black tonight and then the border in left over yarn. This week I used up 1 skein of red and black, most of a skein of orange,and half skeins of Yellow, lime green, blue and purple. But I did buy the glow in the dark and mystery box. so totals for this week are -33 - 10 = -23 for the week

hi, all-

I am going to post now, so I don't forget. I have a lot of running today and work tonight:

wtd: +7

ytd: -28

Best of luck to everyone, and have a stitchin' day!:hook:ghug

Oh, and p.s. Happy SPRING!!!!

Archived