2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok, lets just say there was this sale and I was a very bad girl and I walked out with 58 skiens of yarn. I didn't mean to do it, it kinda just happened.

anyway i also picked up a few knitting supplies and began to knit this week. so between knitting and crochet i should use up more yarn, i hope.

and the final tally (so far) is:

WTD -114, YTD -152

This is so pathetic

I love this... it is classic addiction language. Love you hon. :ghug

If I had been there I would likely have done worse. :blush

Naw... it is not pathetic!

Just think of how much fun you're gonna have! :devil

I, for one, am thankful that I started to play this game AFTER I bulked up my stash :heehee:wink

Good for you! that's what I say! :manyheart

I started the vest and got two skeins done today. I actually had to stop because the yarn groove in my finger was hurting! It usually doesn't bother me but this yarn is so fuzzy. At least the skeins are small. +4

Wow Morna! I wish I had 58 new skeins! I would just roll around in it. lol

I used up the skein of cream colored yarn on the trim. The blankie is so cute. I just have to tuck in the ends and then write up my card for the fair.

:manyheart

Well, I shipped off 23 skeins and 1 ball-- I'm pretty much done selling off some of my extra stash... now let's hope and pray that I can remain positive after this. I live near enough to Mary Maxims that one trip up there and I'm done for... plus my mother sends me care packages when she goes to Smileys... I am a yarn addict and I have enablers...

Anyhoo, so far this week I'm +89 (ytd +113) --this will never happen again!!!

... I am a yarn addict and I have enablers...

Me too! :hook I got an email yesterday from Joanns advertising a 3-day sale, plus there was a coupon at their website offering free shipping...I am so weak!!!! :blush I don't "need" any yarn, but I sure do "want" to buy some. Especially while it's "on sale"!

I'm not getting much crocheting done this week and probably won't next week either but at least I'm trying not to buy alot while looking in these stores. :lol Course I've already bought 19 skeins this week. :blush I did buy one more skein of white yesterday at JoAnn's since it was on sale and I most likely will need it.

wtd -40 so far :sigh

I blew through three balls of cotton earlier this week making dishcloths out of the star stitch that I found recently. It's a very pretty and addictively easy stitch. I also worked up one Skullholder from my Happy Hooker book in black and hot pink. I've got another one with the colors reversed all ready to start. So that was a nice +6 for the week so far. My mom went and ruined it by buying two skeins of black for me so I can make Jolly Roger pillows for my little brothers. Hopefully I'll work off that -4 fairly quickly.

I have a feeling I'm about to have a wildly flucuating score. I know I'll be buying and using a lot of baby yarn coming up. One of my girlfriends just found out that she's pregnant. She also crochets, so I have a real incentive to make sure I make something extra nice for her. :hook

I am still not getting much of anything done this week :(

...BUT... I haven't been shopping, either:D

so far, I am a big fat 0

Glad to see the great progress everyone is making, whether it be in the Plus for Bustin', or the Minus (really a plus for fun yet to come!) It's really cool to play here:c9

I finished my throw this afternoon :clap:clap but managed to have leftover yarn which I had to roll into small balls ugh:bang It's okay though... still got +4 for the 4 partial skeins. I could have added a couple of rows to it, but didnt want to run out doing my fringe. Next time I think I'll cut my fringe ahead of time so I don't have leftover:rofl:rofl

I finally used up a ball of leftover yarn, so hurrah for me +1, I made up a few Grannies daughters, and I have several more balls to go. Now, My housecleaning inspection is over I should be able to accomplish some crocheting:crocheting.

Ok today bought 2 more skeins but I did use up the other two skeins so there's +2 for me so in my defense for buying the 2 skeins I needed them to make my fiance's throw and thank god Hobby Lobby had the right dye lot that I needed since the new batch they had had a different dye lot on it.

I used up one whole skein at my group this morning. I'm still in the negatives but I'm having lots of fun trying to crochet out.

:manyheart

I promise I won't muse this week. I used up a RHSS of Paddy Green that seemed like it would go forever (+2), but it didn't, and I came up 6" of dc short on the square I was making. A kind person in the 'ville came to my aid and is RAOKing me the 8-9' that I need to finish it. Might get it next week.

AND I joined the ranks of the "bad girls" :devil and won a bid on some yarn on ebay. It hasn't arrived yet, so for a brief shining period I am out of the minuses.

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2/YTD: 0

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: + 2/YTD: 0

TeamVJGC

So much for having a + for l day. My order of yarn arrived today with 7 skeins in it . So I'm behind for now. I will really have to do some :crocheting to get ahead of this game.

Okay, mailed out the thread I'd had for sale so +13 more. But 4 more skeins of red Bamboo Wool followed me home, so -8. (but now I have enough to make a sweater) So I'm at

WTD +94 and YTD +118.

It probably won't change by tomorrow. I'd love to get through the skein I'm using, but it's 12 oz. I'd have to be a crocheting demon to get through it by tomorrow night.

Archived