2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stupid yarn attacked me today and forced me to buy 3 skeins!!!

But I have used a total of 3 balls this week - something about this math isn't turning out the way I want it to!!!!

WTD: -3

+31 dragonpuck GOLD MEDAL!!!

+19 Isabel SILVER MEDAL!

+17 CLLinda BRONZE MEDAL!

+16 Braxxi

+12 A stitchintime

+12 kel

+9 Legalwoman17

+8 dilyca2006

+7 Ellie 13

+7 hseger

+7 Jempast

+6 darski

+6 lhapsaapsolady

+6 tricia

+5 Jain

+5 walker1021

+4 JennyBunny

+4 morna

+4 pineknott

+4 Streams45

+3 jura2908

+3 Krazy-Kitty

+3 Krystal16

+3 NeedleArts

+2 DesertCrocheter

+2 jammerholly

+2 jeannie1205

+2 Kiwikitti

+1 BigPinkPolkaDot

+1 OwlEyes

+1 unicorn37757

0 AmethystMist

0 aphelia

0 Ariel Manx

0 Kaylana

0 KellyA

0 Marzee

0 rdugan

-2 CraftyWitch

-2 CroJulee

-2 goofy

-3 bama belle

-3 mar3185

-4 fc1123

-5 gbabesmom

-5 karishema

-6 cthulhu

-6 renegade

-8 BeasteezGurl

-12 basjordan

-14 ropergirl3

-20 130chris

-30 mammasuesd

-43 econ-nerd SHOOT THE MOON!

I'm sorry, I forgot to post last night!!!

WTD -5 YTD -9

I am back to crocheting, but didn't finish anything last week. I will try to be on time from now on. My eye is doing great, I'll just be glad to get the other eye done, scheduled for the 24th of Feb. Maybe I can tell dark colors apart. I couldn't work with black at all, and see what I was doing.

We are still doing very well as our zero and plus numbers are more than the minus numbers.

I expect that we will all be wandering across that border as we go along but we are keeping the numbers in the right places. :yay

I'm sorry, I forgot to post last night!!!

WTD -5 YTD -9

I am back to crocheting, but didn't finish anything last week. I will try to be on time from now on. My eye is doing great, I'll just be glad to get the other eye done, scheduled for the 24th of Feb. Maybe I can tell dark colors apart. I couldn't work with black at all, and see what I was doing.

WELCOME BACK Karishema! I'm glad to hear your eye is doing so well.:hug

I'll add your score to the post, since you have a good excuse.

Since I'm a member of a volunteer group which crochets for charity, may I suggest that you donate some of your excess yarn stash? The group I belong to makes lap robes and shawls for people in nursing homes, hats for newborns leaving the hospital and at Christmas hats and scarves for needy children. It's surprising to see how much of the small balls get used by women in the group to make beautiful, colorful items. Soft yarns are preferred and since you know these won't be hand washed, especially if they're going to nursing homes, machine washable and machine dryable are the best choices.

Maybe you could assign a point value to donated yarn as well. Now that I've said that, I had better take another look at my own stash! I've been working my way through it, but then of course I see a pattern that I want to try with specific colors that I don't have and there I go... out to buy more.

Susan

Since I'm a member of a volunteer group which crochets for charity, may I suggest that you donate some of your excess yarn stash? The group I belong to makes lap robes and shawls for people in nursing homes, hats for newborns leaving the hospital and at Christmas hats and scarves for needy children. It's surprising to see how much of the small balls get used by women in the group to make beautiful, colorful items. Soft yarns are preferred and since you know these won't be hand washed, especially if they're going to nursing homes, machine washable and machine dryable are the best choices.

Maybe you could assign a point value to donated yarn as well. Now that I've said that, I had better take another look at my own stash! I've been working my way through it, but then of course I see a pattern that I want to try with specific colors that I don't have and there I go... out to buy more.

Susan

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

+31 dragonpuck GOLD MEDAL!!!

+19 Isabel SILVER MEDAL!

+17 CLLinda BRONZE MEDAL!

Congrats Ladies! Way to stashbust!! :cheer

I totally forgot to post my scores before I fell asleep last night. I was at +8 for the week...

Well, my yarn came so now I will really need to work hard just to get in the positives. That's how the yarn ball bounces, I guess.

Congratulations to all the people this week who were in the Positives.

:manyheart

I wasn't able to post the points I got on Fri. or Sat. so I'll +/- to this weeks score. Fri. night I rolled a skein down (+1) :cheer. Sat. I went to Micheals and got 2 skeins of black I needed for my afghan (-4) :(. During the bus/train rides, I :crocheting and I used 2 balls (+2) :cheer. I got 9 out of 36 squares done so far :cheer. I hope to have at least 20 done by next week.

WTD Score: - 1 :(

Ellie 13

I reclaimed some yarn from something that was started and was in a bag with some yarn I bought in the thrift store last year. so I've got a small ball now -1 to start off my week. :D

I'm so excited :jumpyay:jumpyayI finished 4 skeins today doing my throw!!! :jumpyay:jumpyay

I'm determined to get out of the negatives today

:woo:woo:woo

Wow! Way to go!

I finished a couple of projects today but didn't make any points on them. I sat down to roll a skein into a ball but after 15 minutes I couldn't find the end! It's a hank of vintage wool yarn my mom bought me from a thrift store years ago. It was so old that the rubber band around it had hardened and cracked apart and the label had crumbled. It's not in bad shape if I could just find the end of it! lol But it's black with metallic red striped in so it's hard to see. I'll keep trying though!

Archived