2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Okay, The goodnews, gave away 9 skeins of yarn. The bad news, bought 11 skeins of yarn from walmart (most were at least a dollar off- Vanna's yarn, simply soft and some bernat baby boucle). And I did by the yarn with a project in mind (which is exactly what I said last time- hmmm).

Anyways, WTD so far is: -4 and that's not bad for a week at all.

Julee

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one skein and two balls down today! I've got a 'ghan going with my P hook that I'll pick up again by the end of this week, so i'm hoping that will add the points quickly! lol.

however, i will admit that next week i have a LYS trip planned with my best friend, so we'll see....

I rolled a skein into a ball tonight. I was working on a hat, got almost done and realized I was not going to have enough yarn so I had to frog it, ball it, and start over. But I got pretty far, almost ready for the earflaps now.

Yeah, i gotta go to walmart today and pick up 2 more skeins, so that'll be another -4, but those 4 skeins from yesterday and today are for my afghan I just started. And i'm hoping to have it done by the end of the month...:cheer

Oh my:think I just ordered some hooks from Joann's and had to get a skein of yarn to finish up a baby afghan I am working on. Working with 3 strands at once, so, hopefully will have some used before what I ordered gets here!!!!:hook

I got two skeins of sugar and cream cotton that I forgot to count. But I have not had much time to crochet since my little girl was born so I haven't used up any yarn. So my points would be -4.

well, even though it puts me in the negative, I am so excited to say I bought (shhh--it was three skeins for a total of $46!!!!) anywho....I got my natural alpaca yarn!!!! It is a bit bigger than a fingerling type, 200yds of each color. So does anyone have any good uses for it??? I might get a knit/crochet gig out of this if I can turn her some great saleable stuff with it--any ideas appreciated

well today all I bought were new stitch markers at Michael's needed them since the ones I had are coil ones and didn't work well for me but at least I didn't buy any yarn today

Ooooh I finished a skein tonight making a baby earflap hat. Almost forgot. Well the hat isn't finished but the green yarn is. :rofl

However, if I can manage it, I will be likely picking up some yarn tomorrow.

well,,after not buying yarn the other day my willpower was at an extreme low and I bought TEN skeins at Michaels yesterday:eek:eek At least I have WIM for all of it. Just gotta get to it.. Haven't been able to score any points lately - just can't finish this yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

-20 for the week now AAHHHHHHGGGGG:eek:eek:eek

I haven't had a chance to update until now, but my score isn't much worth updating. I got a big box in the mail from my step-mom that had sixteen skeins of different yarns in it. Her Hobby Lobby was having a sale and she thought of me. :manyheart Lucky for me it actually came in last week, I just haven't been able to get to a computer to post my score.

I've rolled four skeins into balls this week working on small things like amigurumis and a hat (made out of pound balls, so there's still plenty of that left!). So I guess my total right now is... WTD 4 and YTD -28. I've got to start working on some bigger projects so I can get that score into the positive!

I haven't had a chance to update until now, but my score isn't much worth updating. I got a big box in the mail from my step-mom that had sixteen skeins of different yarns in it. Her Hobby Lobby was having a sale and she thought of me. :manyheart Lucky for me it actually came in last week, I just haven't been able to get to a computer to post my score.

I've rolled four skeins into balls this week working on small things like amigurumis and a hat (made out of pound balls, so there's still plenty of that left!). So I guess my total right now is... WTD 4 and YTD -28. I've got to start working on some bigger projects so I can get that score into the positive!

It was wonderful that she thought of you! :yes

Used 3 balls and rolled a skein down :cheer (+ 4). I'm going to have to buy more black yarn to finish this project though :(. I'll just work on the the squares that don't need black for now. I didn't find krystal's daisy pattern, so I made up my own. The peace signs, daisies and smillies in neon rainbow colors will make one "groovy" afghan :lol.

WTD Score: + 7

Ellie 13

Archived