2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

It's Saturday -- do you know where your WTD score is?:P

I just want to remind everyone to post your scores today in big, colorful text

or at least on a seperate line

so I can see them easily. I go back through all the posts up to the last time the weekly scores were listed. I hope I don't miss anyone's scores, but I am human, and there is a lot of ground to cover!!!

Thanks for your help and understanding.:hug:manyheart

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had to buy more yarn for the afghan I'm making for dd's bf's dorm room. I thought I would have enough, but I am running low. So I purchased three more at Wallyworld yesterday. And since I haven't used up any of the yarn I bought, my score is really bad this week.

Wtd=-32!

Yikes. Don't want to do that again!

:manyheart

I love this group, it encourages me to finish things, I am such a procrastinator. I:manyheart crochetville. I am posting early because I won't finish any thing further to day:clap. .

wtd +5 ytd -4

In order to post your WTD score Big and Bold and colorful you have to use the "post reply" button located on the bottom left side of the last post OR use the "go advanced" at the bottom of the thread page - NOT THE "QUICK REPLY" unless you are really good at html coding.

Its not hard to do, just takes a few more moments...but its better than having Basjordan go through pages upon pages of posts looking in signatures for the score...she's kind enough to research the scores, :manyheart so lets be kind enough to make our scores large enough to pop out at her!! :yes

:hug

I got an order for an afghan, and didn't have the colors... so another -8 DOH!:faint

...but i did get to use up a skein yesterday on a scarf +2

I won't be gettin to any today:blush, so my final for the week is:

-88 week2date

-74 year2date

p.s. can anyone suggest a pettern for a crib sized afghan to go on a firetruck bed?!:think

i did not get much more done this week. but the cotton is finally small enough to be considered a ball! never thought it would get there. so far i have made 11 washcloths out of the 1 skein.

+3 WTD / +45YTD (1/31/09)

I found some squares in my stash. I don't know what they were for :think. I started to frog one, but decided just to work from it as I frogged it to save time. Since they are part of my "stash" I'll count them as a "balls" when I use them :lol. I frogged/used 2 already (+2). I made some peace sign squares. I'm going to make an afghan with peace signs, smillies and daisy squares (if I can find the pattern :think). I have to return something to Target, which is near a Micheals. I'll try not to be tempted :yes.

WTD Score: + 3

Ellie 13

Ellie...that sounds like a fun afghan to work on!! I am a child lost in the 70's...i totally like all the cool stuff!! If you find any free patterns, will you post the link(s)?? Where did you get your peace sign square pattern?? I have alot of yarn left from my UFO babette...they would look groovy (hehehe just had to throw that word in there!!) with peace signs, smilies & flower power! all with black borders...totally groovy!!

I don't know if I'll get any crochet in today - I'm kinda thinking I won't - so I'll post my score for the week a little early.

WTD -2/YTD +75

I told you all the glory of last week's gold medal would be fleeting! :laughroll

I found some squares in my stash. I don't know what they were for :think. I started to frog one, but decided just to work from it as I frogged it to save time. Since they are part of my "stash" I'll count them as a "balls" when I use them :lol. I frogged/used 2 already (+2).

Hate to tell you this, but I have been told that when you frog something you have to minus your total...! :( It counts as "yarn coming in", and THEN you can get pluspoints for it when you use it... :)

Did anyone see my question a couple of pages ago?? :)

I'm at my parents, and my sister is here.. She has a laptop now, and I could borrow it.. :D Offcourse I ran off to see how you guys are doing. ;)

sold two skiens:cheer

and used some on another shawl

so total, for this week

+22

my last yarn order seems to be lost in the mail somewhere so will go back down when it gets here(if ever)

but i don't pick up the mail on Saturday so we are good to go until Monday:clap

Ok here I go for the week:-2 and the total is -24wtd/-24 ytd I probably won't get make done either for tonight but if I do like the others I can always change it

I'm not going to be able to post my score any later than this, so here goes:

WTD: +7

(+33 YTD)

I did good!! I went looking for yarn yesterday, for a project my sister wants me to do for her.. But we didn't find any yarn we liked where we were. So I'll save that for later. ;)

AND a question: Let's say I have a lot of skeins where I've used a little of them, but never rolled them into balls. I still get +1 from them, right, not +2?? As long as the lable is off, it's +1, am I correct?? :) Thanks!

Hi Aphelia,

If it's most of a skein, not rolled into a ball yet, I would give myself 2 points for it.

Archived