2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I forgot to post last night...oh well, I just ended up even farther in the negatives anyways.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't buy anymore yarn today but it sure was tempting though tomorrow I just might have to buy more pale yellow yarn because the yarn I have is tangled up and it's a pain to get it untangled I hate when that happens

I think I may be working at cross purposes with myself. I am trying to get to midnight without crocheting or knitting. It is so hard not to pick up something and it does nothing for my score either

tomorrow, I need to use up 2 skeins just to make up for today :rofl

I think I may be working at cross purposes with myself. I am trying to get to midnight without crocheting or knitting. It is so hard not to pick up something and it does nothing for my score either

tomorrow, I need to use up 2 skeins just to make up for today :rofl

I haven't done much crocheting today didn't do any yesterday still trying to unravel the yarn and make it into a ball

I started a double stranded afghan for my daughter's bf's college dorm and it's using a whole lot of yarn. Worked several hours on it and used up half the yarn.

I may have to buy more yarn, but the speed that this ripple is going is amazing.

My score should be ok this week.

:manyheart

Well, I had the horror of all horrors happen last night....

I was working on my Blue Star (which is king sized right now and takes about 1.5 hours to do ONE round on the border) and realized that the country blue skein that I'm using doesn't match the country blue of the previous round. So... :frog :frog :frog :frog came to visit and I had to rip out the first part of the second skein as well as half of the first country blue skein to get back to a whole row.. So, I have to deduct another point from my score...

I have decided that the blue star is pretty much finished. I'm not buying anymore yarn, and I really don't want mini-stripes on the border. Each round takes about half of a skein, so I'd need 2 more skeins of this country blue to make me happy. I might finish off a sc round or rhdc round with the windsor I have left... I'll have to see today how I feel about it when I lay it out on my bed.

What kid of dollar stores do you all have? I went to our two today. Dollar General didn't have any yarn. I asked and they said they have never carried it. Then I went to the Dollar Tree. They had a crafts section with one small bin of Bernat Matrix. That's it.

Last time I checked the Thrift store I didn't see any yarn there either.

I have a Mighty Dollar. I had never heard of them until they showed up in town about 2-3 years ago. As far as the thrift stores and Habitat for Humanity, they are a kind of hit & miss thing. I usually go to them everyday at lunch ;), not this week, though. No more yarn for me:lol.

I used to work at my local thrift store on Saturdays, and I never realized people thought certain crafts were seasonal. The lady who handles the linens, crafts, yarns, etc... told me she doesn't put yarn out in the summer time, because nobody buys it?! What's up with that?!!!!? I told her put it out, I'll buy it.

I crochet year round. I'm traveling, watching my kids play baseball, it is 100 degrees outside:sun:hot, and I have my :hook and :yarn. Granted, I'm not doing an afghan, but I am :crocheting something.

yeah, summer is usually when i make dishcloths, and can/bottle cozies - they go over great here, since everybody usually has soda, beer, or water they're carrying around all day. I made a mess of them last year for friends.

I make hats for most of the summer. They are quick projects and don't sit in your lap ... which is a good thing. I have to admit the matching scarves can be a challenge when I do a set. :wlol

I like making afghans all year round. I just work at a table if I don't want anything in my lap. I'll put a card table in front of the couch or something. And If my hands are sweaty I set up a box fan to keep me cool and dry.

I used up some cotton yarns yesterday and today working on some dishcloths and swiffer shrugs.

4 skeins of Peaches/Creme and/or Sugar & Creme in Sage Green, Camel and Violet ombre.

WTD = +8 YTD = +44

this probably won't be a good week...craftsetc order should be arriving by friday...plus i have to go to the dollar store...

Our Dollar Tree has like 8 shelf bins full, mostly of the fluffy stuff like eyelash, ribbon, and the lacette. if anybody is looking for something let me know...i'll check it out for you.

I have finished a skein today and just started on the next one. :yay

I expect both to go to make a hat set I am doing. It is so pretty. it is working up quickly - it's a fluffy yarn so it goes in a hurry with a 6.5mm

Well, here I go into the negatives...but not by much. I stopped at JoAnn's today to get some Fray Check and had an extra 40% coupon, so a white Caron pounder ended up coming home with me. :lol To my credit I am almost out of white yarn! I saw they had a few more of the pounders on clearance - don't know why, it was only 3 colors, I sure hope they're not discontinuing those colors! - but I just managed to resist them. Just. :laughroll I wanted them so bad!

I went to Micheals this weekend, but I only bought pins :cheer. I haven't used up much yarn because I'm making shamrock pins and they don't use a lot of yarn. I did get to roll the skein down today :clap (+1). I have 80 shamrock pins and I'm bored :sigh with them now. I need a something different to work on or I'll go :loco.

WTD Score: + 1

Ellie 13

if anybody is looking for something let me know...i'll check it out for you.

You're such an enabler!! :rofl

Wish I could take you up on that, haha.

I finished off a skein on my Ridge Swing Cardigan but I will have to pick up another skein to finish it off. So that project is now on hold until I can get to the store. Only part of one sleeve left to go!

Hmm, what to work on next? Maybe a red Valentine shawl for my grandmother.

Archived