2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well... so much for plusses... my mom is coming for a visit next week with I don't know how many skeins that she says "i need" :eek:eek:devil

oh, well, what can I say... mom is always right :wink! I can't wait to see what she brings! :hook:c9

so, this week's score is still +4

...wait a sec... maybe I can surprise her, and make it a SWAP:lol I'll let you know what happens... ::xfin I'm just glad to have another Yarn-aholic in the family... it's a lot cheaper to keep switchin back and forth:yes

I'm chugging along here, slowly using up some small skeins, but now I'm crocheting with one pound skeins, so I'm not expecting any score next week. Too bad we can't count taking half a one-pound skein and turning that into a ball for half a point, because that's all I've done the past 3 days.

score for week ending 1/24/09: +9

I'm so impressed with how everyone (well, almost everyone, and you know who you are, shoot-the-mooners! :devil) is sticking to using their stash up. We deserve pats on our backs! Patty

+3 WTD

+20 YTD

Didn't crochet much this week, as my father-in-law passed away (I wrote it in another post, I don't mean to complain or nag or anything, just wanted to update you all. :)). We did the funeral yesterday, and I am SO glad it is over..! I have been crocheting a little bit today though, it was so good to just sit down and crochet again..! Pew! Hopefully soon (almost) everything will be a little bit more normal.

Have a nice weekend everyone. This CAL is really a good one, I am so glad I joined! I like the tone we have between eachother, and I like that it's almost always a new post to read. I read them all! :hug

Once again I didn't get much crocheting done this week but I also forgot that I bought to skeins of yarn earlier this week (I know how do you forget something like that! :eek) So my scores are:

-1 WTD/ +5 YTD

I have realized I am going to be the big loser for the entire year (if I don't stay out of those darn thrift stores).:lol

I was busy crocheting and knitting this week:

3 hats, 4 scarves, 6 rows on my scrapghan and finished an afghan for a friend's wedding gift. :crocheting

I rolled my scraps into skein size magic balls:yarn and started a scrapghan, so that will go fast as I am using a large hook and two strands.

I was fine until I found three bags of yarn at the thrift store and just couldn't say no. :blush

WTD: -16 / YTD: -296 :rofl

Used up another ball of yarn finishing the flower-ghan for the neighbor's daughter.

WTD +10

YTD -7

I have about 20 projects going on and I'm using yarn up - but not on the same skeins! So, again, it's:

WTD = 0

YTD = +1

Maybe I'll have a whole bunch to report one week.

Hope Im not too late to check in....been up in NY for DS baby shower:manyheart:manyheart

finished a skein of cotton ease too on a few baby washcloths for the twins :c9

im so happy Im still positive - been too busy to buy yarn - imagine that!!

wtd: 8 ytd: 14

Ok, I didn't do to bad this week. I used 2 skeins and 2 of the skeins of yarn I ordered arrived today.

WTD: 0 YTD-177

One little note though. My order from Crafts Ect. hasn't arrived yet so if it arrives next week I'll be doomed temporarily.

Thanks

Julee

Archived